It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff says US Border Patrol has retreated from the border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.cnsnews.com...

Sheriff Larry Dever of Cochise County, Ariz., one of four Arizona counties contiguous with the U.S-Mexico border, said Friday that the U.S. Border Patrol has pulled back from parts of the border in his and neighboring counties because manning those areas has become too dangerous.

This is perhaps one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. The most powerful nation on Earth won't even defend it's borders because the upper management of the US Border Patrol is afraid of the possibility of violence. I am speechless as this stunning display of cowardice and lack of testicular fortitude

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I dont know if you have realized it or not, but this country lost its testicular fortitude a long time ago. We are now surrounded by sniveling pansies with no heart or want.

MOTF!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Cannot believe no one wants to talk about this.

I guess the government feels that causing an incident is more problematic than people of the US getting killed.

Oh well, I hear in maybe a FEW months the requested NG is going to go to Phoenix and do some managing of the rear.

They will be in charge of supplying the body bags for American Citizens attacked by the Criminal Invaders to the US.

What AGAIN was the purpose of the Federal government besides stealing our labor, our property and destroying our freedoms and liberty?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This shouldnt come as a shock, as by just looking around at the number of people sitting on their duffs not doing a dam thing as Amerika goes down the tubes. Lack of testicular fortitude is the new american way!!! In 1776 people started a revolution over a 3% tax on a single item. Today we pay at least 60% of every dollar earned in some form of tax or another. Why does nobody see anything wrong with this picture??? Arizona residents are just as heavily armed as any of em, so why dont they get off their unemployed asses and go hang out down there in shifts. Cartels want to wage war, lets get it started. If the violence comes across, mabye then somebody will open their eyes to the problem instead of going "Well theyre already here, why dont we just let them stay??"

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If this is indeed true, it is very telling of how we confront our sovereignty and those who seek to destroy it. In a way, I feal sorry for our border patrol because if they have to use deadly force, the Mexican president will be sipping wine with our president, discussing ways to prosecute the border agents who dare do their job.

It is our government selling us out to the Mexican government and instances like this are onkly going to become more prevalent.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

The (most important) job of the federal government is to provide for the common defense of the people. I find this funny since it's this mission that they seem to forget so frequently. They won't think twice about more welfare programs or bailing our failing corporations (which the federal government has no business being involved in), but yet they are absolutely incapable of protecting the American people from foreign threats

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The highly-profitable "war on drugs" requires that drugs are able to enter the country. The security of the border with Mexico has been labeled an "immigration" issue, but in my mind, the border is intentionally unsecured so as to allow the flow of drugs.

But from that perspective... we have what amounts to an invading private army (drug cartels) coming from a foreign entity unable to do anything about the private army... and that private foreign army is terrorizing and killing US citizens on a scale that eclipses 9/11 (in total, over the years). The solution seems rather straight forward and simple, treat it the same way any foreign terrorism threat is "theoretically" treated by the government.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Defending the border against illegal entry and upholding the law fairly is hatered.
They should have a vaccine for that shortly.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hooptie333
Arizona residents are just as heavily armed as any of em, so why dont they get off their unemployed asses and go hang out down there in shifts. Cartels want to wage war, lets get it started. If the violence comes across, mabye then somebody will open their eyes to the problem instead of going "Well theyre already here, why dont we just let them stay??"

The reason the Citizens don't take matter into their own hands is they fear their own government more than they fear defending the border.

That is the crux of the problem. The government not only keeps the borders open but also will prosecute anyone wishing to defend it.

Face it, you live in a country run by criminals.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The solution seems rather straight forward and simple, treat it the same way any foreign terrorism threat is "theoretically" treated by the government.

Excellent idea, we should get our agents to make a high profile token arrest of a non-player set up and spoon fed to them by a confidential informant for the sake of a media event.

Shouldn't be too hard to arrange.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Our goverment has no problem with violence as long as it is pre-meditated,.Anything of unexpected origin is deeply scrutinized..In all honesty it makes me want to be beat TPTB the F$%I up..but of course the intellectual approach is the only feasible, productive option currently available.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Does anybody find it odd that you get within 1/2 mile of the border to Area 51 and you have trucks with military personnel armed with automatic rifles and helicopters with god knows what as far as weapons follow you? This system is designed and put in place, sometimes on public land, to keep everybody out and quite effectively.

But you go down to the border and the best the government can come up with is a fence, and setting up vast areas of off limits land to American citizens inside the borders of our country because it is to dangerous be in. And the border is protected by Border Patrol men and women with side arms and maybe rifles in SUVs? These people are down there trying to keep a sea of illegals including drug runners, gangs, and sometimes even Mexican military from crossing into our sovereign nation.

This seems odd to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The highly-profitable "war on drugs" requires that drugs are able to enter the country. The security of the border with Mexico has been labeled an "immigration" issue, but in my mind, the border is intentionally unsecured so as to allow the flow of drugs.

This explanation is exactly right. If we stemmed the flow of drugs into this country, Mexico as a county would collapse. Drugs are the only thing keeping Mexico viable. Stop the flow of drugs north, and the flow of dollars going south would stop. Then, as Mexico melted, the real invasion would come and that would mean a virtual war at the borders.

Somebody has made the decision that it is better to have the drugs and thus support Mexico and its government with drug users' money than to deal with a failed country at our border. (An old CIA tactic in the Far East.)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
good thing CNSnews.com is one of the most biased new sources or I might give a crap.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

i agree with you one hundred percent. If the gov really wanted to close the borders it could be secure in several months. For some reason, perhaps martial law in the south, whatever, they want the violence to get as bad as possible and spread into the united states....something is going on...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Exactly right. People fear that if they go to the border to defend their country the federal government will come after them for shooting some armed criminal trying to illegally enter the US. Murder charges for killing an invader is just not worth it.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
am I the only one seeing treason here ????
or do we not live in the US any longer????
This is just so wrong.

What ever happened to those groups that were
heading down there to make a difference??
Any word from them???

Obama !!!! we will NEVER forget !!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ramos and Campion eventually got pardons, but the message was loud and clear...
The AG will withhold whatever evidence is nessessary to get you convicted and thrown in Jail if you attempt to do your job and uphold the law.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Werent they also reinstated to their former BP agent jobs as well?

In typical fashion, Mexico condemned their pardon and release. I almost want to go to the Mexican presidential palace and give them a loud f--k off. Their constant interference is beginning to infuriate me.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Obama !!!! we will NEVER forget !!!

Oh for godssakes. Bill O'Reilly has been harping on the border situation for over a decade --three different administrations. Clinton's. Bush's. And now, Obama's. But, who gets the blame for this *inherited* problem that has been allowed to fester over the last few decades? Obama? Really? --Like on Saturday Night Live: "Really!?" But hey, that's your right. Why don't you go ahead and just blame him and cry "Obama!!!!" for every single thing wrong in our country because he is after all the freaking Antichrist. Let's just get that out of the way now. Blame him for every freaking thing. LOL (sorry, this is indeed meant in a comedic way)

Sorry, now to my real point: if I were to write a screenplay about this situation, it would involve the elements leading up to this stage of the situation: drugs, murder of that rancher, open warfare in Mexico near the border, etc.

From this point, the story would get interesting focusing on good old fashioned militia groups coming down from the upper American midwest to do some vigilante justice. Within one of the groups some ingenious teens who are overly enthused come up with the idea of setting up booby traps in heavily traveled corridors along the border, especially the areas frequented by the heavily armed Mexican drug army guys (the ones who pack expensive heat and sophisticated equipment like night vision goggles).

So, the young militia teens (think Red Dawn), set up pits, land mines, all sorts of nasty surprises. Unfortunately, booby traps can hurt good and bad guys. They end up hurting (or worse) their own militia men. However, they hurt quite a many Mexican drug thugs, enough to piss off (and unite) the previously in-fighting drug lords. They send MOST of their forces in an unannounced invasion of the US, randomly killing hundreds of people in American neighborhoods along the way. The US response is slow, but the militia men are already there, and they counter attack.

Where does the story go from there? Hard to say. We should toss in a massive charge by militia "cavalry" mounted on Harley Davidsons improvisationally rigged with mounts for AR-15s. Maybe the militias are ultimately trapped, Alamo (or Custer) style, somewhere, outnumbered and outgunned, their prone Harleys like circled wagons. They are all slaughtered by the Mexican drug army, but die as heroes.

Then, news of the militia's sacrifice spreads like wildfire, sets the American heart on FIRE. America, the sleeping giant, awakens and takes action like it was the Alamo all over again and we invade northern Mexico for "safety" reasons, national security. We occupy 200 miles deep into Mexico as a DMZ, just like in Korea. Maybe give it a twist ending with news stories about angry Canadians causing trouble along that border, too...eh?

Call the movie "Fire in the Heart" or "Border Line" Rated R.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join