It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff says US Border Patrol has retreated from the border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If the US wants to do something about the "cartels" then all Obama has to do is send in the marines. Blah blah let the army handle it, oh wait the US army is everywhere but where it needs to be. LOL so while other nations keep the US armed forces occupied in other areas of the world, there are "rogue" groups creeping ever closer to US soil. LOL sounds like a sneak attack to me. America needs to show a sign of force at home that will echo through out the world and show everyone that America still means business; forget idle threats and diplomacy will take a front seat.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
www.cnsnews.com...

Sheriff Larry Dever of Cochise County, Ariz., one of four Arizona counties contiguous with the U.S-Mexico border, said Friday that the U.S. Border Patrol has pulled back from parts of the border in his and neighboring counties because manning those areas has become too dangerous.

This is perhaps one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. The most powerful nation on Earth won't even defend it's borders because the upper management of the US Border Patrol is afraid of the possibility of violence. I am speechless as this stunning display of cowardice and lack of testicular fortitude

Yeah, this is not the United States I remember. We have been hijacked by a bunch of nancy boy, pansy ass cowards. I would have loved it in the military if things were a bit harder, but with gays and women in the military, I knew the whole country would follow suit.... everything has gotten soft. Everyone who Would fight for the country tooth and nail is being arrested or pushed into submission by governmental favoritism of women over men. Men are being held down and snuffed out, because MEN are the only ones who would truly fight. Now there's no one to do it. The only men left "seemingly" are men that are controlled by their wives and girlfriends and generally just men that are 'P' - whipped! It disgusts me down to my core. Men need to take back their power and become the fighters and strong men we once were!...... not suggesting revolution....I am just saying reach up in yourself and pull that set out and if you are a cop or a security for our borders.....do your damn job and fight....fight ...fight.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hooptie333
In 1776 people started a revolution over a 3% tax on a single item. Today we pay at least 60% of every dollar earned in some form of tax or another. Why does nobody see anything wrong with this picture???

The catch phrase of the American revolutionaries was "No Taxation Without Representation." It was not a matter of paying taxes, it was a matter of paying taxes to the British government that did not represent the American people. Now we elect all of our own officials, and have our own state representatives, so the comparison is moot.

As far as the Border Patrol... so am I to understand that we just have a gaping, wide-open hole in an already pockmarked border for drug traffic to come through? I don't pretend to know the final solution for this but retreating the Border Patrol is NOT it. This whole problem is based on the drug trade, as other posters have pointed out, and there is a LOT of demand for drugs in America, in every class of society from the very poor to the rich elite. If we're not careful this could snowball. We need to stand up and do something about it... or even figure out what to do!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Sounds like we should swiftly replace the Red White and Blue flag with a plain white flag.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Bush did it too.

Along with all presidents for at least the past 80 years..

You will find that there were immigration problems even in the 1930s.

It's not soley on Obama.

Though he could fix it couldn't he?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hooptie333

What a great analogy!!! S & F

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I see thousands of jobs for legal citizens out of all this.

building fences
border guards
fence maintenance
security surveillance
security housing
research and development
work camps for detainees
body bags for trespassers
clown cannons to send them back
confiscation wholesale warehouses

and the list goes on and on.

mexico needs to build a 100 ft wide border no mans land on their side of the border, and they need to learn to keep their people home and put them to work building fences.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The highly-profitable "war on drugs" requires that drugs are able to enter the country. The security of the border with Mexico has been labeled an "immigration" issue, but in my mind, the border is intentionally unsecured so as to allow the flow of drugs.

This explanation is exactly right. If we stemmed the flow of drugs into this country, Mexico as a county would collapse. Drugs are the only thing keeping Mexico viable. Stop the flow of drugs north, and the flow of dollars going south would stop. Then, as Mexico melted, the real invasion would come and that would mean a virtual war at the borders.

Somebody has made the decision that it is better to have the drugs and thus support Mexico and its government with drug users' money than to deal with a failed country at our border. (An old CIA tactic in the Far East.)

It's all about the demand for drugs, and who gets to sell them. Whether we like it or not, drug use is not going to go away, probably ever. So whatever solution we ultimately implement will have to accommodate this reality. So at least for marijuana, that means we have to start growing our own. I won't even say the government should regulate it, it should be a non-issue to begin with. Leave the people alone to grow and sell as they please, and that alone would eliminate 99% of the supply from Mexico.

Cocaine and heroin and hard drugs are a different ballgame in terms of their negative health impacts, but the logic is the same - whatever solution we ultimately implement will have to accommodate the demand for these harder drugs. If we don't, then the black market inevitably will fill that gap. That's the stark reality of our times.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was in Yuma a few days ago and I can assure that at least there the Border Patrol was within 200 meters of the border, "retreated" only to set up forward observing Infrared wide angle viewers on hills (to maximize range of potential identification).

I assure you there were Border Patrol all along the south west border of Arizona. I can't speak for the rest of the Arizona border.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
For those who say its not on Obama, you are wrong.
Yea, Illegal immigration has been an issue for 20+ years(I know first hand living in a place that is swarmed by them).
Things are worse now then they ever were at the border, and with Obama sitting back and punishing those trying to do something about it, he is definately to blame. Blood is on HIS hands for failure to do what is right for his people and his country. The lack of government cooperation is what the problem is, all they are doing is getting people killed by not giving them the resources that they need.
So instead of suing the sheriff of arizona, and trying to go after him for 'civil rights' issues, maybe they should instead try to back the man that is putting foot to ass down there when nobody else will.
Obama is definately to blame.
Not only is he to blame, but also those people who support this moron by letting him get away with the things that he does(or doesnt do).

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The highly-profitable "war on drugs" requires that drugs are able to enter the country. The security of the border with Mexico has been labeled an "immigration" issue, but in my mind, the border is intentionally unsecured so as to allow the flow of drugs.

Filling in the blanks here....

Not only is the border intentionally unsecured (especially in specific locations) but the flow of drugs through those locations is facilitated by corrupt US federal agencies and law enforcement on both sides of the border all working with criminal organizations who handle distribution and money laundering within the US market, it is a complex business that few have witnessed and lived to talk about outside of the loop of cartels, agencies and criminal organizations.

Occasionally a small time drug gang attempts to circumvent the system above without paying off the right people and you will see an escalation of "drug related violence" when in reality it is a violent elimination of competition.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

The reason Area 51 is protected and the U.S. Border is not has to do with Corporate interests.

Foreigners crossing the border does not threaten Corporate interests. People catching a glimpse of secret cutting edge military technology does.

We the people are faced with increased threats while simultaneously being more and more restricted from the ability to defend ourselves legally.

Sooner or later we'll hit the bottom of this slippery slope, and when we do, there's going be some sort of revolution.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I dont see why the AZ or private land owners dont just hire Security Contractors to guard the border. i would love to be working a Contract in the states. Most of us have experience in the middle east. i think we would be more then able to handle border security. just my two cents

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am an outsider siting on the other side of a border where they have been known to deny entry into the US to peeps who know what mall they intend to shop in, but not what store in that mall.

This lack of security along the southern US border can only be intentional.

After that CIA plane went down in Mexico with 4 tons of coke aboard, I'm going to hazard a guess that the drugs coming in via mule are temp financing for the illegals and not so much the big stuff.

The Sanctuary cities are another example of intentional dereliction of the law.
Then there is the suit against the state of Arizona for basically upholding the law during arrests, and the misrepresenting of the procedure as being directed against casually strolling people.

The allowing of contracts being taken out on law men...and the lack of federal support for the lawmen...this stuff crosses state lines.

The county sheriffs are a force that along with Juries, can stand up to the feds..
The feds must intimidate the sheriffs and provide a good excuse for their disappearance if that ever becomes necessary.

There is the bipartisan support for amnesty bills

Calderone's bipartisan welcome and gun control speech before congress.

spp, Nafta, gatt, NAU...
The destruction of the peasant economy and the gang actions in Mexico forcing the immigrants north
The receptivity of the gangs in the US, and corporations too.

The murder of the Peruvian FARC leader when he announced they would no longer money launder for dollars...
Remember what happened to Noriega when he nationalized the banks and the money from the drugs that was stored in those banks?

The foundation funding of groups supporting and preaching the "repatriation" of the south western US to Mexicans

My list is far from complete but look:
I think when one connects the dots the word "agenda" becomes a glaringly obvious possibility.
It really looks like yet another facet of the intentional globalist takedown of Constitutional America

Every thread here at ATS that investigates a different facet of this takedown has a certain amount of plausible deniability, but taken together....and compared to provable events, and the destruction of sovereignty in other countries....well It seems to me to be to big to be missed.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The border patrol is pulling out because they are out-manned. We are past the point or enforcement...It is an all-out invasion over here, and I blame our POTUS for not sending in the National Guard.

We send troops all over the world, but when one of our own states is being invaded help is nowhere to be found. This is disgraceful.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's almost as if the government WANTS the citizen militia's to do it instead. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Nope but as of right now 8/17/2010 Obama is the one in office and he could very well put an end to this long drawn out problem. So yes at this point in time he gets the blame 100%, because as of right now he is just as useless as the previous administrations.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

meat grinder
secondline.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
as a nation, we are under seige. The Federal government wants a North American union, so the invasion from Mexico will only intensify due to the "NO" support from the feds. The Sheriff's of Arizona, Texas, & New Mexico will lead the fight to secure the borders with the help of their militia, one county at a time. The federal governments stranglehold over the American people is slipping away, and they know it.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
legalize drugs and let the chips fall where they may- prohibition never works.
set the populace to growing medical marijuana and hemp. not stupid antique
fences.. send up some drones- a scout troop with some x boxes
could zap bad guys for college credit.
make everybody a citizen,then reinstate the draft-
where would they escape to? back to mexico-
and the hippies could go with them.
it's so crazy it works.
then nato gangbangers can ride around in a hummer
and bust caps all day long. get a medal for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join