It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Sheriff says US Border Patrol has retreated from the border

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

You were speaking about the area around Yuma, those eyes would be better put to use a bit further east, seeing as the border area south of Yuma actually has new, effective fencing that has greatly reducing crossings in that area. Which is probably why the area is so heavily manned, to make it look like they're doing something, when we all know the government doesn't want to stop the illegals from crossing. They should relocate all of those men east to actual trouble spots, and close that ridiculous, shake down of Americans checkpoint.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me a bit. Our National Guard gets sent out of the nation to fight an unjust war (tell me how THAT makes sense) and now the only defense left runs. Yay. Go team.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by ChrisF231

I dont know if you have realized it or not, but this country lost its testicular fortitude a long time ago. We are now surrounded by sniveling pansies with no heart or want.

And those who pretend to be tough guys, but sit behind a keyboard all day and ask why OTHER PEOPLE aren't doing what they want done.

101st Fighting Keyboarders!

From Sheriff Dever: “Well, I say: Come, bring it on. Let’s cause the international incident.”

Well, that area is within your jurisdiction, right? It's in your county. Get down there with your deputies instead of sitting back and complaining that the Feds aren't doing it right.

I mean, it's such a terrible crisis that he's in his office giving interviews. Get out there and do YOUR job!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Well your communist (erm federal) government will sue them if they tried to do the communist (erm federal) government's job.

See, such a valuable keyboard warrior such as yourself should understand that. That is what you get paid (erm post) for.

Funny how one moment you back the communist (erm federal) government's action AGAINST a sovereign republic like Arizona, and in the next breath you say for a sheriff to go against the communist (erm federal) government.

So, tell us msz, which one do you want to back. Or are you just be facetious?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Makes me wonder...

The solutions to this problem are simple, straightforward. Yet little is being done to protect our border. Makes me wonder...

If the government isn't concerned enough to take decisive action on this, WHAT are they really concerned about? I mean, is there a war going on in our upper atmosphere that we don't know about? Is our government focused on challenges discovered by the SECRET SPACE PROGRAM?

What is the real threat? Whatever it is, it makes our border situation (apparently) pale in comparison.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Dear federal government. Your all fired. Without pension or pay. The American PEOPLE are not terrorists, just because we disagree with your "official" versions of your construct, we are as documented sovereign citizens, who elected you through democracy (which I think is a another bad idea). If you cannot do your jobs to the satisfaction of the majority and minority, then you are useless losers who deserve nothing better than a metaphorical slap in the face. You have no solutions, only a nazi like military industrial complex full of service people who go into the armies brainwashed to * things up. The politicians are all corrupt as * and dont care what people think until election time comes, then its millions on PR and caviar. You who are supposed to defend our borders, our constitutional and bill of rights, are slowly on behalf of international banking cabals and oil moguls personal desires, sapping the originality and strength that America once knew. The people are onto you all. Except you Ron/Rand Paul, your both ok.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Is news source as credible as the last border scare that the mexicans stole a ranch a few weeks ago?

Why isn't this in the local news? or cnn?
Before I pass this along to my Facebook friends I want to know if this is true.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I prefer to hear such talk from the Border Patrol's mouth, not from a county sheriff in the midst of what appears to be an episode of "The Real County Sheriffs of Arizona."

I mean, does everyone wants a bit of Arpaio's limelight or what?

First we had the Pinal County Sheriff sounding off and getting national attention.

Now, Cochise county sheriff is trying to get a piece of the action.

Any verifiable proof from the Border Patrol that they cannot handle the border violence and are retreating. I mean, that's loaded language: we retreat in times of war when we are overrun...you mean to tell me that the Drug War has done such a great job with all the funding such that the cartels have fire power to rival ours?

Until then, I will see this as political jockeying, just like the Mosque issue (how can we bring up 9/11 and scare people before the election??? SNAP! I know, embellish the details surrounding a 10-month old issue dealing with a community center).

They call it news, it should be called time-release propaganda..."Fox News Alert" indeed.

EDIT:

“Well, I say: Come, bring it on. Let’s cause the international incident,” he said.

Really? A county sheriff wants to exceed the authority of either nation? Was he elected to make such decisions? The article says he's a long time resident and has been sheriff for 14 years. Well, if that is the case, how many residents are hearing him saying this and respecting his opinion? What kind of situation does he want to fire up amongst the citizens of Cochise county?

Here's a thought, legalize pot and coc aine. How much useless funding goes into the Drug War? As the "war" escalates, the "other side" will reciprocate force because the money is there.

Why don't we use the money we currently are throwing into the void of the drug war and put it towards drug rehab.

Only 0.9% of those who have tried coc aine become longtime users/addicts. And the amount of people who try even as big as those on legal prescription drugs, which have probably the same if not a higher rate of dependency.

And marijuana...come now, let's be honest with ourselves. It can create dependency, but so can alcohol. It can also be dropped easy, much easier than cigarettes - I know that from experience.

This is such a complex issue and we have ideologues and political players trying to simplify this whole issue, combine it with illegal immigration (a separate but equally devastating issue) and come out with "Bring it on".

Wow, how mature!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Sphota]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I don't know, I'd say it's pretty "ballsy" to continually invade and coerce nations on every continent for 100+ years despite the threat of retaliation from any possible angle.

If the town bully goes around muscling everybody else around, eventually someone's gonna stand up - even if unsuccessfully or to his detriment.

This awareness of "lack of testicular fortitude" sounds like the outlook of a bully regarding pansy concepts like reason, logic, principles or compassion. Bullies are egotistical and sociopathic (in that they are coercive to their own selfish ends) - compassion, reason and the like have no place in their minds (unless they are superficial and serve their own agenda, of course).

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Sphota]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
As I said earlier I was on a Grand Jury
I have seen cases where the Cochise County sheriffs had to step in and protect
AZ residents from Ice and the Border Patrol.
Force the Feds out of area before Residents started shooting Feds.
As a AZ resident the only thing that protects me from the Feds
and Illegal criminals seems to be Our Sheriffs.
I have had to defend my Family wait (1 1/2 Hours)for sheriffs to come out Shoot and then fly their dead body out with helios.
So if you can protect me better and have better ideas
Run For Sheriff!
Maybe I will vote for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The reason why citizens of the United States of American defended their own borders was because their malitia at the time couldn't do it alone, now we have a massive military willing to smack those drug smugglers back into Mexico, they don't want a retaliation of the military.
Our president should be impeached immidiatly for treason, by letting our border citizens die by the hand of mexican drug smugglers is just outrages, we should have military guarding our borders in Arizona, Borrack Obama is a not qualified to lead this great nation, I said it before and ill say it again. While our border citizens fear for their lives by our mexican neighbor Borrack Obama sits back and has tea with the president of that wreck we call Mexico.

Defending your home against invaders from another country should be oked by the president, heck they should hand out weapons to those who qualify at the borders so they can kill any cartels that threaten their families and homes, I would take it as far as being able to have citizens openly yeild weapons at the borders.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by 2121311Star791]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2121311Star791

Our president should be impeached immidiatly for treason, by letting our border citizens die by the hand of mexican drug smugglers is just outrages, we should have military guarding our borders in Arizona,

Uh huh. Didn't know this problem started with Obama.

Maybe if Bush had put the National Guard on the border.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Who was president in 2007?

# The John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007 Pub.L. 109-364

Federal law was changed in section 1076 so that the Governor of a state is no longer the sole commander in chief of their state's National Guard during emergencies within the state. The President of the United States will now be able to take total control of a state's National Guard units without the governor's consent.[13] In a letter to Congress all 50 governors opposed the increase in power of the president over the National Guard.[14]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That right there should get anyone that worked on it, HUNG for treason. Just as anyone that backed the Patriot Act, The bailouts, the HC bill, etc etc etc.

Our government is out of hand and treasonous.

They no longer follow the law, they are a totalitarian regime, if they do not have to follow the VERY laws they pass, that should be a small indicator.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

If companies are giving jobs to illegals it's not their fault...it's the companies and white collar america that is not following the laws of e-verify. Don't blame them...blame the american's you so whole hardely protect.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by 2121311Star791

Our president should be impeached immidiatly for treason, by letting our border citizens die by the hand of mexican drug smugglers is just outrages, we should have military guarding our borders in Arizona,

Uh huh. Didn't know this problem started with Obama.

Maybe if Bush had put the National Guard on the border.

Exactly...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And the BTOGDI syndrome rears it's dirty little head again.

But the other guy did it.

Jeez, can people PLEASE come up with a better excuse for their "TEAM" destroying my fricking country!?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Originally posted by ChrisF231
www.cnsnews.com...

Sheriff Larry Dever of Cochise County, Ariz., one of four Arizona counties contiguous with the U.S-Mexico border, said Friday that the U.S. Border Patrol has pulled back from parts of the border in his and neighboring counties because manning those areas has become too dangerous.

This is perhaps one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. The most powerful nation on Earth won't even defend it's borders because the upper management of the US Border Patrol is afraid of the possibility of violence. I am speechless as this stunning display of cowardice and lack of testicular fortitude

Yeah, this is not the United States I remember. We have been hijacked by a bunch of nancy boy, pansy ass cowards. I would have loved it in the military if things were a bit harder, but with gays and women in the military, I knew the whole country would follow suit.... everything has gotten soft. Everyone who Would fight for the country tooth and nail is being arrested or pushed into submission by governmental favoritism of women over men. Men are being held down and snuffed out, because MEN are the only ones who would truly fight. Now there's no one to do it. The only men left "seemingly" are men that are controlled by their wives and girlfriends and generally just men that are 'P' - whipped! It disgusts me down to my core. Men need to take back their power and become the fighters and strong men we once were!...... not suggesting revolution....I am just saying reach up in yourself and pull that set out and if you are a cop or a security for our borders.....do your damn job and fight....fight ...fight.

i love how you advocate men getting their balls back but are so quick to shy away from the word revolution.

lol pussy

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I worked near the border in the middle of nowhere for a while, doing surveying for a major transmission line, and I will tell you that the Border Patrol is everywhere down there. And they're good too. One of our locations was particularly close to the border, within 2 miles, in the middle of the California desert. We had to drive on this old dirt road for about 2 miles from the hwy, and hike in about a half mile after that. As we parked, and had just stepped out of the truck when my coworker shouts, "LOOK AT THAT!". I looked to where he was pointing, eyes as big as baseballs, and saw about 7-10 people running throught the dried creek bed about 100 yards away, under the cover of a line of oak trees about 30 yards wide and a quarter-mile long. I asked if we were allowed to pack guns in the field as I grabbed my 7-inch Buck knife and fastened it to my belt. No guns allowed as it turns out...but knives are A-OK. We weren't out of the truck for more than 3 minutes when a small plane flew overhead. It banked sharply, and circled us a few times as we hiked in with our gear. Then it continued on the Easterly path that it came in on, and no more than 10 minutes after that a helicopter came up over the rise in the same direction that the plane flew in on. Only the helicopter was looooooow...barely over the top of the chapparelle (sp?) and cacti. It circled us for about 5 minutes, then took off in the same direction it came in on. To survey the point we were on, we had to set up the equipment on site, and let it run for about 30 minutes. Once we were done, we packed up and headed back down the hill in the dense brush. I found a wash, and we started down it when I came across a backpack...in the middle of nowhere. After some debate as to which one of us would open it, neither one of us wanting to risk life or limb, I was nominated. Maybe it was because it was my 2nd day on the job...I dunno. Anyway, it wasn't boobytrapped. It did have a pair of pants, some canned goods, water, and a wallet in it. Yes I opened the wallet...and, yes, there was some money in it. Not a lot, but it bought my crew a big sack of weed later! Ok, back to the Border patrol. It didn't take us that long to get back to the truck, but when we did, BP was there waiting for us. They could tell that we weren't Mexican, and the equipment is pretty specific to the job, so it was obvious that we were surveyors, and they went on their way after a few general questions..."what are you doing here", "how long will you be here", etc. This was a couple years ago, before the big uproar from the AZ law. I saw a lot of illegals during my stint out there, and I would never go out there without some sort of protection...but, knowing what's happening now, I'd pack a sidearm, no matter what my job told me. Our National Guardsmen are not the problem, the problem is in the politics. "Land of the Free" is a myth...

edit for spelling

[edit on 18-8-2010 by TolanIsMaximus]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

There are many Mexicans (of direct Latin decent) who have never had to worry about sneaking over barbed wires to preserve their well being. The so-called invasion from Mexico consists of people who have been forced into poverty and vagrancy for centuries because of their racial make-up. These were the indiginous people of Mexico who were treated slightly better than slaves when the Spanish first arrived there and started colonizing. They weren't killed off like the native Americans were, but they continue to be discrimated against in terms of housing and jobs even though they now greatly outnumber the decendents of Spanish colonists who own most of habitable land. It's human nature for the well off to persecute the less fortunate. People like to feel superior and the sense of ownership. However, those qualities in men are what led to the current immigration crisis. The immigration crisis could also be referred to as a moral crisis and that would be more accurate IMO. For an illegal alien who rents a small apartment after much hard work, he might be the first person from every generation of his family who was honored as a human being and allowed a decent place to live. For that reason I have no problem with "illegals".

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join