It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired in McKinney; one confirmed dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Shots fired in McKinney; one confirmed dead

www.wfaa.com

Shots have been fired outside the police department in McKinney, near the Collin College on 2200 west University Drive, which is now on lockdown.

Students have reported getting e-mail alerts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wfaa.com
www.collin.edu

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is breaking now, so not much info available yet. But it has been confirmed that shots have been fired at the central park campus of Collin College in McKinney, Texas.

"Shots have been fired outside the police department in McKinney, near the Collin College on 2200 west University Drive, which is now on lockdown.

Students have reported getting e-mail alerts."

www.wfaa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
At some point a man allegedly pulled up at the police department in a pickup truck loaded with ammunition and began shooting. Police returned fire and it is believed the suspect was shot and killed behind the police station.

Somewhere during the course of events, a pickup truck in the police parking lot apparently caught fire. Chopper 11 shot video over the scene that showed the truck, with an attached trailer loaded with some type of material with a soil-like consistency, covered in foam and water. Several fire engines were parked nearby.

There are reports that there is another shooter still on the loose, but that has not been confirmed.

Source:
cbs11tv.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow, this is just down the road from me...I just heard about this on the radio.

A trailer with "soil-like material"? Manure? Did someone try to blow up the police station using the wrong kind of fertilizer?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

No, setting the truck on fire was just to get the police to come out of their station.

Enrique Guzman of the McKinney Police Department said their building came under fire. “Suspects possibly set truck on fire to draw people out of building,” he said. “Used semi auto rifle to shoot out front of building.”

Source: www.thaindian.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
will def be keeping an eye out on this one.
I see motive has not been discussed yet.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

One person is believed dead, and another is said to be in custody after the shooting which occurred early this morning near a McKinney Public Safety Building. A teletype dispatch which was sent out by Enrique Guzman at the McKinney Police Department stated, “Our Police Department was just under fire. Suspects possibly set truck on fire to draw people out of building. Used semi auto rifle to shoot out front of building. 1 suspect down possible 2nd suspect unaccounted for. No Further Info. McKinney PD…09:39 A.M.” Apparently a car, which was full of bullet holes, was set on fire, and left outside the building. Ammunition inside the car began exploding. A twenty seven year old was said to have been taken into custody, but that is yet unconfirmed by ‘NBC DFW’ whose news chopper was asked ot back away more than 2.5 miles due to continued shooting.

Source: www.thaindian.com... b33q83

So it seems we have two shooters. One got shot by the police, the second one was arrested. I'm sure we'll get videos and myspace pages soon of the people who did this. It seems now that nobody else got hurt so that's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The shooter was going for the police??

Wow, things sure are getting intense these days. I doubt the shooter thought he was making out of there alive, although he may have been so angry that he didn't care.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Gunning for the cops? Let's see how long it takes to play the wacky conspiracy angle on this one. Any bets?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick
Gunning for the cops? Let's see how long it takes to play the wacky conspiracy angle on this one. Any bets?

Yeah, they'll be branded as conspiracy nuts.

And it'll be used as another reason to restrict/ban owning firearms.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.dallasnews.com...

Here's an update on the shooting. Apparently, the deceased shooter yelled something (sounds similar to that shooting on a military base recently) towards the place before opening fire.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Doesn't he know that he's supposed to drive the truck INTO the police station and then begin opening fire?

They just don't make Terminators like they used to.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Finally someone decides to fight back against the facist police state police. Soon the day will come when we will all be free of our RFID chips.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Didnt take them long to drop "semi-automatic rifle" for the media favorite "assault rifle."

I love how the media will claim to bend over backwards for facts and accuracy then just have some deaf, mute, brain trauma case write about guns and take it all as gospel. As if they go out of their way to get it as wrong as they can.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I live just two towns over from there. The one dead man is the gunman. I do not know any thing more than what the article has said though...

For a while, locally there was some confusion as to whether there were two separate incidents and as to whether or not there was another gunman on the loose...

But as you can see, there was just one gunman and he is dead. I will post more if and when I hear anything that is not already known. If anyone is interested. You can listen to the Mckinney Police, fire and EMS radio scanner here:

www.radioreference.com...

You can also listen to the Collin County Police, fire and EMS radio scanner here:

www.radioreference.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Openmindlight

Please, save this sort of rhetoric.

It's just disgusting.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openmindlight
Finally someone decides to fight back against the facist police state police. Soon the day will come when we will all be free of our RFID chips.

Are you *snip* kidding me? Killing someone's father, brother, son, etc...is justified because you see them as a perceived threat? I don't like most police officers because they have attitude problems and discriminate...but that doesn't mean I want a bullet between their eyes.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Please, save this sort of rhetoric.

It's just disgusting.

Oh yeah i forgot this place is for people posting the same ideas over and over.

reply to post by yellowcard

You guys are taking what i said way out of context, im sorry if you feel offended by it but this is a common reaction to reading things that you do not understand. (yellowcard please refrain from using bad words)

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Openmindlight]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openmindlight
You guys are taking what i said way out of context, im sorry if you feel offended by it but this is a common reaction to reading things that you do not understand. (yellowcard please refrain from using bad words)

Unless you were being sarcastic, then it wasn't taken out of context.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I appoligize if I somehow offended you, if you worship the police and the police state i will respect that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join