It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired in McKinney; one confirmed dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting that this story has not been well publicized. Are they worried that the people will sympathize with another American who has been pushed 'too close to the edge?'

He allegedly left a message for an internet friend, just an hour before the attack:

'I enjoy watching people beg for their life,' McKinney shooter Patrick Sharp told Facebook friend | Dallas - Fort Worth News | wfaa.com | Crime
"I like to scare people. I enjoy watching people beg for their life. I like watching them drown. When they take their last breath, oh it's amazing."
"Killers like to share their thoughts, seek attention," read a message the girl says Sharp sent her Tuesday morning on Facebook. ...
In it, he didn't mention McKinney police or whom he planned to attack, but he told the girl he might have mental health issues.
"I have alot of [stuff] wrong with me, but didn't seek help," he told the girl, who is not being identified. "I don't take meds."
In an e-mail, the teenager said she met Sharp on a mobile social networking site called Mocospace. On that website, she said, Sharp often told her about his desire to kill people, especially children.

Oh I get it. He was an untreated nutcase who liked to kill. Gee, if only we had a law that mandates mental health screening for gun owners. Oh wait, there is one just like that working its way through congress at the present moment--the Blair Holt Firearms Control Act. How very timely.

I also think it odd that we are told this guy wanted to kill police, yet despite firing over 100 rounds, and with the element of surprise, and reportedly being an expert marksman, he didn't manage to hit anybody.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join