It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Muslim Threads Are Giving ATS a Bad Name

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ummm, islam isn't a race it's a religion, muslims aren't a race either they're multiracial and multicultural as well. Maybe back in the sixth century you could have called nonmuslims racist, I mean, after the illiterate one had his rants transcribed, back when the slave keepers were only arabic. Perhaps i'm wrong and Islam doesn't subjugate women, or preach intolerence, or not so covertly anymore flood a country with poor helpless muslim immigrants in order to perpetuate and establish sharia and eventually, caliphate.

TO THE OP: perhaps you might read the quran for yourself, however if your particularly weak willed, or minded you might not want to go there. You see, islam is the refuge of the gullible, within the uneducated confines of the quran there is a certain attraction for those who have a predilection for a more primitive, bestial, nature.

Before you dismiss what I say, do your homework, then refute, but be nice about it, because if you carefully read what I stated there was not one personal individual affront, to you or any other slightly "enlightened" person.

YouSir

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It mirrors the mainstream. Sadly, even a large portion of ATS members are not even close to being awake or free of prejudice.

They're just following the crowd.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ummm, islam isn't a race it's a religion, muslims aren't a race either they're multiracial and multicultural as well.
YouSir

Funny I thought we were one race on this planet : a Human Race.

That's right isn't it?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Read the Koran uh?

OK....Here's a few quotes.

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"...make war on the leaders of unbelief...Make war on them: God will chastise them at your hands and humble them. He will grant you victory over them..." (Surah 9:12-)

Source: The Koran. Translated for english market..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

..and the bible is all fairyland and baby kittens isn't it just...?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

The Human race. With a variety of species.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The Bible is about as bad too! No argument from me there.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

The Human race. With a variety of species.

No - you are wrong. 1 planet = 1 race = human race

(the hidden lizards and ETs don't count!)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
Read the Koran uh?

Source: The Koran. Translated for english market..

Your word for 'friends' is poorly translated. In Arabic it's written as 'Awliya'. It is a plural and its singular is "wali". The correct translation of the word ""wali"" is not "friend" but it is someone who is very close and intimate. It is also used to mean "guardian, protector, patron, lord and master".

The correct translation of the verse in Surat Al-Ma’idah is:

[O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.]
(Al-Ma'dah 5: 51)

It is obvious that Jews patronize the Jews and Christians patronize the Christians, so why not Muslims patronize Muslims and support their own people. This verse is not telling the Muslim to be against Jews or Christians, but it is telling them that they should take care of their own people and must support each other.

In his Tafsir, (Qur’an exegesis) Imam Ibn Kathir has mentioned that some scholars say that this verse (i.e. the one you referred to) was revealed after the Battle of Uhud when Muslims had a set back. At that time, a Muslim from Madinah said, "I am going to live with Jews so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." And another person said, "I am going to live with Christians so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." So God revealed this verse reminding the believers that they should not seek the protection from others, but should protect each other.

This is one good reason why you should never try to translate directly and interpret Al-Quran without Islam history background, Hadith and Fatwa as your reference. Al-Quran is not a story in manner Bible being read.

I'm not Ulama ( Scholar ) but I think you should provide proper Arabic wording. Else, none Muslim can understand your english translation. You have one very crappy translation over there.

Maybe this sites will help you with the remaining of your questions regarding translation and interpretation.

www.islam.tc...
www.askimam.org...
faizaneislam.net...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

"Read the Koran uh?

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"...make war on the leaders of unbelief...Make war on them: God will chastise them at your hands and humble them. He will grant you victory over them..." (Surah 9:12-) "

Yep sounds like the entire religion declaring war to me. The mandate of the religion is war against infidels. Always has been.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

"..and the bible is all fairyland and baby kittens isn't it just...? "

The difference being the Bible does not demand as part of the faith that you declare war on all non-believers. They leave the damnation, up to "God" not man. Though I'm not one to debate this issue, because I have no religious affiliations. Which according to Islam makes me the wose of the infidels. I have already been condemned to death for my beliefs, and you have also, unless you believe in Islam. Now it's just a matter of who will carry out that sentence. There are many standing in line to do so.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its good that so many can come on here and speak out against Muslims.....while the rest of the world kisses thier #. And as american for one we dont have anything to be ashamed of in our late dealings with muslims in general. We have free speech around here and its going to go with the turf. The more you cry and demand special considerations the worse its going to get.

Consider as well christains in this country have watched over the years a massive assult coming from all directions on its ideas ect ect (not saying that it was all bad) and then have to set and watch a religion come in and have its rear end kissed at every turn. A religion that has done nothing in comparison for this country like what the christains have done for years here to support the nation and build it. The truth is we have been getting along without you and could continue to do so if you were not here.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I agree completely. I think the a$$ kissing phenomenon started right after 9/11. It statred with our leaders, trying to avoid backlash, and blood in the streets. Which I can understand. The second group were the PC who honestly believe all people are equal regardless of their religion. This I can also undertand, but lacks serious research. Then the third group, decided to simply appease, "Ok I'll agree with you, please just don't hurt us anymore". I find this group dispicable, and spineless, they have no place in this world.

Just one question, What if Statanists, instead of Muslims, had perpetrated all of the same terrorist attacks worldwide over the last 20 years?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

lol i think muslim give a bad name to muslim

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

What treaty is that you are referring to? The Treaty of Paris that ended the Revolutionary War, or the Treaty with the Barbary Coast Pirates. I would sure have to see where in the Treaty with the Barbary Coast Pirates it stipulates the United States shall have no navy.

It is not in the Treaty of Paris by the way.

So once again display a source.

The source would actually be the Treaty.

Your source from wiki simply states that was the time the United States became serious about having a strong navy.

The founders didn't want a strong federal military after the Revolution, and they didn't have a federal income tax to pay for it.

The nation still was struggling with war debts to both Americans and Europeans, with the only revenue for the Federal Government coming from voluntary donations from the individual states and some import tarrifs.

A strong navy does cost money, lots of money.

Keep in mind you are trying to establish that the Barbary Coast Pirates were part of a Jihad against the U.S. for a political point regarding Islam, so it's absolutely vital that you can display that the reason the treaty wasn't honored was because of a Jihad that the U.S. Government actually documented at the time, not Jihad Watch dot Com 200 years later.

This is ATS people typically require quality sources here to consider changing their opinions on a subject.

Thanks.

From the library of congress showing that it was a Jihad that the pirates had against the US. Read page 413.
LOC

From the navy some history on why a Navy was formed by Congress after the Revolutionary war.
www.history.navy.mil...

Here are some crumbs now go and do your research instead of sticking your head in the sand..

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Staben]

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Staben]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

"..and the bible is all fairyland and baby kittens isn't it just...? "

The difference being the Bible does not demand as part of the faith that you declare war on all non-believers.

Hmmmmm.... that's funny.
There are parts of the bible that are equally as harsh as the Koran (apparently) is.

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

or KJV if you prefer

Deuteronomy 13:13-19 (King James Version)

13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
14Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;
15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.
17And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;
18When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

And not only waging war on others.... but your loved ones too??

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood. Jeremiah 48:10

The point is for every quote from the Koran that anyone can post, Someone else can post pretty much the same thing from the Bible.

All these books were written by men... nasty, violent, bigoted and scared men....

Condemning one religion over another is just silly.... the 3 Abrahamic religions AKA "The Trilogy"..... are all as bad as each other.

[edit on 17/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
To the OP,

Thank you for starting what became another anti-Muslim thread.

Don't think the candle of rage, has burned out quite yet.

If you ever want to see a true backlash, just start a post promoting censorhip. Works every time.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Wow your right. Not being a Christian, simply haven't done enough research.

Though how often is this brought up in church sermons?

Either way great, all religions are violent and want to murder all of us for one reason or another.

As of the last decade though, the primary religion who has been doing their darndest to kill us is Islam.

So, until 3000 plus people are wiped out in a single event, by any other religion, I'll keep my focus somewhat narrowed.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by blupblup

Wow your right. Not being a Christian, simply haven't done enough research.

Don't worry... that's the trouble when you focus all your hate and attention on just one religion and fail to realise that when these books were written... all that was around was hate and separation and religious conflict.

Though how often is this brought up in church sermons?

Probably as often as It's brought up in Mosques, ie; Not very often at all (despite what the MSM would have you believe) in the vast Majority of Mosques.
I would imagine the Westboro Baptist Church ( Or God-Hates-Fags as they're AK) speak of these things all the time, along with the other churches and extremist Christians who share similar views.... point is there is always a violent and hateful minority, and they ARE a minority, that somehow speaks for the majority, or at least gets most air-play and so on.

As of the last decade though, the primary religion who has been doing their darndest to kill us is Islam.

Even if that were true... you should perhaps look at the reasons why this is the case.... Illegally invading countries... Killing hundreds of thousands of people in the process.... bombing schools, hospitals.... and whatever else.
Muslims Constantly vilified on the news.... in fact if one were to ask most people what a terrorist looks like, the reply would most likely be.... the description of an Asian Muslim.

THAT is just how powerful the media is and how ridiculously gullible the Majority or the population is.

So, until 3000 plus people are wiped out in a single event, by any other religion, I'll keep my focus somewhat narrowed.

Well that's up to you I guess.
If you're happy with the official story then good for you.

[edit on 17/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Interesting thng about Anti-muslim posts vs Anti-jewish posts.

Anti-jewish posts get to be torn down as being biggoted, racist, and anti-semitic. Yet they are both semitic whether you like it or not.

All because of a squabble and misunderstanding between two brothers of daddy-Abraham.

I sure am glad God is above and beyond religions and definition.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join