It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Muslim Threads Are Giving ATS a Bad Name

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Tell me Proto, how do you truly feel about the plight of women world wide?

Is this an indication?

Then your arguments come from someone who lacks sensitivity on the issue,

Costa Rica is absolutely an amazing country with more species of Flora and Fauna than any other country on earth. It has rain forests and Volcanoes. You can drive to the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans in the same day. It has a large population of ex-patriated Americans, some are retirees taking advantage of the relatively low cost of living, some are the tinfoil hat crowd that decided to get out right after 9-11. They have no standing army. They have a first class symphony and opera and real culture. They even have a law that if you rape a woman as long as you offer to marry her afterwards you can't be prosecuted and sent to jail. They don't have to say 'yes' you just have to offer.

They even have a law that if you rape a woman as long as you offer to marry her afterwards you can't be prosecuted and sent to jail. They don't have to say 'yes' you just have to offer.

So do you have something in common with Islamic ideology in regards to women?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just wondering if your opinion on this matter was honest.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think the video speaks for itself Luci and Proto,

You guys are going to haggle over just how many women are abused, go for it, apparently you lack any type of sensitivity what so ever.

I am glad I don't live in your world.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Your perception of my world. Seems someone who likes facts and to be informed from all aspects of the TRUTH and not just the cherry picked tidbits from Jihadwatch is a bad guy in your book, eh? It's okay. I get that you didn't source that figure and believe what you want to believe from what you hear. You're not alone. A lot of people seem to do that.

I've been following RAWA since the mid-80s and supporting their efforts to start businesses with donations. Even met some Afghan women at a conference in Turkey in the late 80s. And you?

[edit on 8/16/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I think the video speaks for itself Luci and Proto,

You guys are going to haggle over just how many women are abused, go for it, apparently you lack any type of sensitivity what so ever.

I am glad I don't live in your world.

Yes the Video does SPEAK FOR ITSELF, sadly though it does not speak with any credible precise information.

What are the categories of abuse, what constitutes abuse, what are the actual number of Muslim women used as a sampling, and when were they sampled and by who, what is the percentage of error plus or minus, who funded the report.

These are all valid questions.

The standard for abuse being the most important.

I know your world of fear is much more fun.

By the way how much money have you donated to helping Muslim women, you claim that you are now too 'old' to go to the Islamic World and actively help them.

How does arguing for a war on Islam and not allowing community centers where you are welcome to interact with Muslim women, actually help you to help them?

Which Muslim women have actually asked you to help them in that way?

Which Muslim women consider your views to be helpful to them?

All I see is a rather misquided attempt to justify xenophobia and religious persecution.

One that requires nothing but here say and innuendo for you to accept things as facts.

So in reality, all you are doing is choosing to make credible, people who tell you what you want to hear, and are unable to provide any actual real data to support what they are saying.

Yes the video does speak for itself, but you can't even demonstrate who is speaking in the video and for what purpose.

[edit on 16/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yeah! He got a big colorful map!

Typical ATS smartass reply by someone who plays to the crowd rather than the facts. Big deal.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

First, having actually been to the region and spoken with people there my thoughts on this is from experience. Where yours is just soft minded "lets all try to get along" rhetoric that does not do anything to solve a problem. But it does serve as propaganda to the agenda in which you are spewing.

It ain't hate, its just the facts in which yourself and a couple others in here have a hard time with.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterall

Originally posted by Logarock
37 threads???...looks like a lot of pressure trying to get out.....freedom to speak its called...its an american tradition....move to Iran if you dont like it.

Shhhhh. Get over yourself. Why is it ok for you to complain about the mosque but not ok for me to complain ATS has become myopic trash? Explain that freedom of speech to me.

Well if we keep flapping our arms hard nuff...might get off the ground.

The mosque is in question here and to many posts on ATS said to be hate....sounds like the "yellow makes me sad" guy.

But really I wansnt knocking youer right to speech. Wahy to shift focas...for a second.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Tell me Proto, how do you truly feel about the plight of women world wide?

Is this an indication?

Then your arguments come from someone who lacks sensitivity on the issue,

Costa Rica is absolutely an amazing country with more species of Flora and Fauna than any other country on earth. It has rain forests and Volcanoes. You can drive to the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans in the same day. It has a large population of ex-patriated Americans, some are retirees taking advantage of the relatively low cost of living, some are the tinfoil hat crowd that decided to get out right after 9-11. They have no standing army. They have a first class symphony and opera and real culture. They even have a law that if you rape a woman as long as you offer to marry her afterwards you can't be prosecuted and sent to jail. They don't have to say 'yes' you just have to offer.

They even have a law that if you rape a woman as long as you offer to marry her afterwards you can't be prosecuted and sent to jail. They don't have to say 'yes' you just have to offer.

So do you have something in common with Islamic ideology in regards to women?

Just wondering if your opinion on this matter was honest.

Very interesting, the part where I did not say whether I condoned the law, but just that such a law exists in Costa Rica and how it works...

But hey lets look at some other blast from the past...

Saudi draconian justice crucifixion

RIYADH (Reuters) - A Saudi court of cassation upheld a ruling to behead and crucify a 22-year-old man convicted of raping five children and leaving one of them to die in the desert, newspapers reported on Tuesday.

The convict was arrested earlier this year after a seven-year old boy helped police in their investigation. The child left in the desert after the rape was three years old, Okaz newspaper said.

International rights groups have accused the kingdom, the birthplace of Islam, of applying draconian justice, beheading murderers, rapists and drug traffickers in public. So far this year about 40 people have been executed in Saudi Arabia.

A few of these threads made the rounds, most ended up on BTS after many of the God Fearing Christians and anti-Islamists posted comments like these:

It's not like the rapist/murderer didn't deserve it. Maybe we should start doing that here in America as well. I bet child rape/murder crime would greatly decrease.

The guy raped five children.

Beheading and crucifiction seems quite a fitting punishment.

Considering what the sicko did, I am having a hard time finding any sort of sympathy for him.

Maybe a few other paedophiles will keep their sick thoughts to themselves and not actually act out on their impulses after hearing or seeing the kind of justice they will receive.

This is hardly a minor crime!
Instead of the sensational "draconian" reference maybe it should read
"fitting and appropriate"

puhleease!!!!!!!!!

Personally I am against capitol punishment, but when a child is involved - hand me the axe. I'll chop his sick, perverted head off.

There are literally hundreds of posters who made similiar comments.

So in reality, most of the very same posters who fear Muslims and Sharia Law will in fact embrace Sharia Law emotionally at times.

So honestly I wonder if some of you fear Islam so much because you are in fact so emotionally predisposed towards embracing it on various select levels.

The great thing is, is you took my post about the Country of Costa Rica to imagine it is saying something it isn't about me.

So if this is how you reach conclusions, solely based on imagination, and then like to render accusation into fact, why then would anyone consider the mostly inflamatory right wing, Christian Fundamentalist, and Zionist Blogs and videos you get all your conclusions from to be credible.

The truth is you have no real answers about the Report ONE PERSON mentioned on a YouTube Video that you or no one else can actually find the name of the report, or a copy of the report.

So it's deflect, deflect away, lets villify and make people scared.

The above exceprts of member's comments leave nothing to the imagination.

Your take on a post regarding Costa Rica regarding my attitudes on women are entirely a product of your imagination.

By the way great country, did you know if you rape a woman there, and you offer to marry her you can't be prosecuted?

I can see why that would upset all the people who favor Sharia law here on ATS!

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers began strapping bombs to themselves and detonating in crowds, threads on ATS would probably start popping up to explore the Pittsburgh Steelers. Race, gender, religion aside. What binds all those threads is the fact that NFL fans, particularly those of the Pittsburgh Steelers, had been (in this thought exercise) sending suicide/homicide bombers into crowds. It would only be natural for threads to appear here to talk the pros and cons of the Steelers and their fans.

So, while there are threads for and against Muslims on ATS, I, personally would expect nothing less, since Muslims have been, as shameful as it is, detonating themselves in crowds of civilians, decapitating reporters and televising it. I am not taking sides. Just merely stating FACT.

When any group does these sorts of things, threads WILL appear, as they have on ATS and countless other websites. In that same light, if Christians or Tibetan Monks began similar behavior or worse, then threads about them would appear. Heck, if high school students began blowing themselves up and decapitating reporters and televising it, threads would appear about them.

Let's just hope that fans of the Steelers can keep it together.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There may be a version of the Islam religion that is peace loving but in trying to be open minded I went and did some history reading on Mahamad himself and how islam started.

What I got out of it was that he was pretty violent. After spending some time in a cave writing down his thoughts he came out and got some followers that were poor people and then began running out of towns and oasis locatios all business owners that would not convert to his teachings. Once he died the religion really became intolerable of all non-believers with the caliphate.. This is what I got from reading history books..

One of the main reasons the Navy was created was to protect U.S. Ships against Muslim pirates.. this issue is even in their song.. "To the shores of tripoli", when the president at the time went to conversate about the issues in Moracco I blieve in late 1700's the reason he was given that the muslims were attacking U.S. ships and making the hostages into slaves was because the Koran says they should since we are infidels..

Here you have the crumbs.. look closer into it...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

Yeah! He got a big colorful map!

Typical ATS smartass reply by someone who plays to the crowd rather than the facts. Big deal.

Really a U.S. Military Map of the world is "Snip"?

Do you have something against the U.S. Military carving up the entire world into Command Zones?

Saying something is fact or not fact does not make it a fact.

However the Middle East is U.S. Central Command and that is very real.

The inability of some people to speak to the real issues, and their attempts to deflect away from them with personal commentary focused on the posters instead of the FACTS actually speaks volumes about the quality of said posters debates and the validity of their information or in most cases their lack of any credible information.

By the way if Islam is such a threat, and hates the U.S. so much, why do Islamic Nations like Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwaiit and the United Arab Emirates allow U.S. Military bases on their soil?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

Reid: Build mosque elsewhere

Reid: Build mosque elsewhere

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate's top Democrat says a mosque should not be built near the site of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada on Monday became the highest profile Democrat to break with President Barack Obama, who on Friday backed the right for the developers to build a mosque near ground zero.

In a statement, Reid said the first amendment protects freedom of religion and he respects that, but the mosque should be built somewhere else.

He is such a bigot, and a Democrat too, a high ranking democrat,

who would have thunk it?

There your words, Proto, own them,

[edit on 023131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
Hi All,

Like many of you, I have noticed the large amount of anti Muslim threads popping up on ATS right now.

This has to stop.

Are you calling for censorship? How about you give an opposing view to each thread you don't like and if your view is popular then you will have made your point. Or would you prefer to simply be seen on your moral high horse?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Unknown Origin]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I guess what I am trying to say Proto is don't get all self righteous, you don't like our constitution, you don't think we should pay taxes and you don't, you seem to have your own issues with women, so, who are you to judge?

All roads lead to Rome, tally ho..............

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staben
There may be a version of the Islam religion that is peace loving but in trying to be open minded I went and did some history reading on Mahamad himself and how islam started.

What I got out of it was that he was pretty violent. After spending some time in a cave writing down his thoughts he came out and got some followers that were poor people and then began running out of towns and oasis locatios all business owners that would not convert to his teachings. Once he died the religion really became intolerable of all non-believers with the caliphate.. This is what I got from reading history books..

One of the main reasons the Navy was created was to protect U.S. Ships against Muslim pirates.. this issue is even in their song.. "To the shores of tripoli", when the president at the time went to conversate about the issues in Moracco I blieve in late 1700's the reason he was given that the muslims were attacking U.S. ships and making the hostages into slaves was because the Koran says they should since we are infidels..

Here you have the crumbs.. look closer into it...

The Barbary Coast Pirates were just that Pirates. They would kidnap you and sell you into slavery if you were a Muslim too.

By the way it was the Marines who put that in their song, and not the Navy.

We at first tried making a treaty with the head of the Pirates, (John Adams) but the head of the Pirates couldn't actually control the Pirates because they were Pirates.

Further the U.S. Navy was created in the Revolutionary War to fight the British Navy not the Ivory Coast Pirates 30 years later.

You might want to read some less biased, more credible versions of history so you could share something accurate with ATS!

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

I actually feel the the number of hateful, Anti-Muslim threads has declined in the short time I've been a member.... however you're right, It's not acceptable.... but there are so many "Anyone who's not white, straight and Christian is evil" threads on here and more so on the rest of the web, that's It's actually really quite disturbing.

Most people, regardless of their religious persuasions are pretty decent and treat others with respect.... but you always get the nutters and the extremists on all sides....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Actually I am not judging because the quality and quantity of the information to judge is not available.

Some of the more judgemental posters can't actually display real sources for their information.

My position is in fact I WILL NOT JUDGE everyone who belongs to an entire religion simply because they belong to that Religion, and Judging them then relies on me PRETENDING, I understand that religion better than they do.

We have heard some posters to this thread claim to belong to many different religions, evidently failing at all of them at some point or another, who while they do claim they are Christian, seem to have trouble with...

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

and

"Let he is without sin cast the first stone".

As a proud sinner, it's not my place to judge others, especially in mass, without knowing them individually, or the circumstances and history of their individual lives.

I am happy for the members who think it's a 'wise' idea, but I am not one of them.

By the way I am not the Topic StormDancer.

The Anti-Muslim Threads are Giving ATS a Bad Name is the topic.

Further the Bully Pulpit is supposed to have higher standards for posts that eliminate personal attacks on other posters.

You might want to read the Forum rules.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Barbary pirates were islamic.. by the way not the only place this information exists.. maybe you should read some less biased stuff.

en.wikipedia.org...

First Barbary war and the U.S. finally forms a strong Navy to go fight internationally.. before this we had very few navy men..

en.wikipedia.org...

In the link above you can also read the reply from the Barbary pirates..

"It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every muslim who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once."

FYI: I found this information at the last minute.. I originally read similar information from history books. I suggest you search for more unbiased information. I think some of your sources have left out some important information..

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Your rhetoric is well noted. However the facts do not support it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staben

Barbary pirates were islamic.. by the way not the only place this information exists.. maybe you should read some less biased stuff.

en.wikipedia.org...

First Barbary war and the U.S. finally forms a strong Navy to go fight internationally.. before this we had very few navy men..

en.wikipedia.org...

In the link above you can also read the reply from the Barbary pirates..

"It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every muslim who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once."

FYI: I found this information at the last minute.. I originally read similar information from history books. I suggest you search for more unbiased information. I think some of your sources have left out some important information..

The excerpt says it prompted the US to finally form a Strong Navy, not to form a Navy.

The Navy existed from the time of the Revolutionary War.

Your history on the Barbary Coast Pirates is a little scetchy too.

Meanwhile, Muslim pirates were common in the Mediterranean Sea. Toward the end of the 9th century, Muslim pirate havens were established along the coast of southern France and northern Italy.[9] In 846 Muslim raiders sacked Rome and damaged the Vatican. In 911, the bishop of Narbonne was unable to return to France from Rome because the Muslims from Fraxinet controlled all the passes in the Alps. Muslim pirates operated out of the Balearic Islands in the 10th century. From 824 to 961 Arab pirates in Crete raided the entire Mediterranean. In the 14th century, raids by Muslim pirates forced the Venetian Duke of Crete to ask Venice to keep its fleet on constant guard.[10]

Pirates

There actual formation was a respons to the Crusades and Rome.

It goes back a lot further than when American Ships began encountering them towards the end of their reign of Pirating.

The Navy traces its origins to the Continental Navy, which was established during the American Revolutionary War and was essentially disbanded as a separate entity shortly thereafter. The United States Constitution provided the legal basis for a military force by giving Congress the power "to provide and maintain a navy".[5]

Wikipedia

By the way the War of 1812 was supposedly over the British attacking American Ships and pressing the captives into enlistment in the Royal Navy.

Shipping is somethign that all kinds of entities prey on.

Further this kind of thing has been going on on all sides:

According to Wink, Umayyad interest in the region was galvanized by the operation of the Mids and others.[2] They had preyed upon Sassanid shipping in the past, from the mouth of the Tigris to the Sri Lankan coast, in their bawarij and now were able to prey on Arab shipping from their bases at Kutch, Debal and Kathiawar.[2] At the time, Sindh was the wild frontier region of al-Hind, inhabited mostly by semi-nomadic tribes whose activities disturbed much of the Western Indian Ocean.[2] Muslim sources insist that it was these persistent activities along increasingly important Indian trade routes by Debal pirates and others which forced the Arabs to subjugate the area, in order to control the seaports and maritime routes of which Sindh was the nucleus, as well as, the overland passage.[3] During Hajjaj's governorship, the Mids of Debal in one of their raids had kidnapped Muslim women travelling from Sri Lanka to Arabia, thus providing a casus belli to the rising power of the Umayyad Caliphate that enabled them to gain a foothold in the Makran, Balochistan and Sindh regions.[2][4]

Wikipedia

It's rather funny that people would seek a casus belli (reason for war) based on things that happened 200 years ago.

I am guessing you don't have anything more recent to argue your case on?

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join