It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i cant even speak..after watching this

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eldix
reply to post by Nephi1337

...You've never seen a young woman that you just passed untouched, because she was unarmed, pick up an automatic weapon and proceed to fire upon soldiers when their back was turned to her. You've never seen a nine year old child running towards you and your brothers with an IED strapped to him. You've never seen teenage kids pretending to be innocent civilians, just to attack you when you least suspect it with fully automatic weapons that they had hidden. What do you do in these situations? You will never understand what we go through over there.

How history repeats itself. You could just as easily have been talking about Vietnam (according to numerous first-hand accounts I've read/heard as I was too young to be a direct victim of that war!) That was another bunch of people too dumb to love us for coming all the way over there to save them.

Spend one day in a soldiers boots and see if you're crying "war crimes" then. Enough said.

A frog in a pot of hot water only knows one thing - that the water's hot. It doesn't make him an expert on cooking, kitchens, metallurgy, hydraulics or any other possibly-related subject.

However, if he survives then he gets to tell the same war story over and over for until the day he dies.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DONNYxMC
this is dumb.. you honestly dont know anything about the war in iraq. the iraqis have been nicer to me then my own fellow americans. they have thanked me themselves.. why dont you know? CAUSE YOU WERENT THERE!

I did ask you to tell me all about it.

yeah insurgents put kids in a van and explosives and blow them up all the time. along with other civilians at road blocks.

Maybe you can show me where they found explosives in that van that would take out a helicopter no one saw 6000 feet away?

they also make kids run up to us with bombs and blow us up... y

I bet you have a big long list of horrible things you can tell me. When you figure out how any of them justify being there in the first place, let me know.

you dont know what goes on over there. i can believe im being attacked like this from you guys. you should be ashamed of yourselves. i lost my best friends. i saved the lives of iraqis so they could be as free as us.

Please, fill me in on all the freedom you spread. I am not attacking you. I am asking you to stop saying you did good things and tell me about those good things. Why does that come across as an attack to you?

you guys dont deserve your own freedom. you make me sick.

Good thing you are in place to protect it then, eh?

donny
75th ranger signing out

I doubt it.

all of you should step away from the computer and re evaluate your lives and go out and make a difference. or maybe your too scared you might get hurt? or maybe its because iraq doesnt have a starbucks and free wifi spots on every corner.

Gosh I sure hope there is not another post from you just a few after this one because that might be embarrassing.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Claud Hopper

consider the prospect that the military may be the private army of a relatively small group of bankers.

Since the federal reserve is able to cut the American Government a check for trillions of dollars to go fight it's bogus war on terror, that statement is true from a certain perspective anyways.

Major General Smedley Darlington Butler

My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

The truth of the American military is painful to hear, when it the past it was viewed with a much higher sense of nobility.

In that video
Being told not to seek consoling form PTSD event is beyond stupid. These guys come back and are emotional basket cases, the army doesn't care they just use and abuse these poor slaves.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DONNYxMC

How about that, there is.

I think Larrylove touched on something earlier about the oddness of the posts. Many times on ATS I have seen the discussions of martial law and whether or not our own military would fire on US citizens. I often see replies extolling the virtues of military men and women and their love of country. I do not doubt that is the majority at all. The problem is that it only takes one nut with a gun and willingness to disparage human life to take me out, not the majority.

So to the question "Would US troops attack other US citizens?" I give you a sample from two "soldiers" on this very board.

Originally posted by Reign02
One day the terrorists will strike on US soil and I pray to god that I am the troop that is near you when you are bleeding out from a suicide bomber or any terrorist act. So I can look you in the face and say " Awww, I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!"

Pretty sure that answers that question.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I am not saying all soldiers come from poor backgrounds, as clearly is your case, I am saying thet MOST of them (and you can't deny this) are, and you even have target ages for these soldiers. I am sure you are doing what you think is best for your country, or else you wouldn't be yeah?, but it's a little different between thinking what's best and WHAT REALLY IS. If I'm convinced that murdering is right, then I must do it? If I'm convinced black people are dumb, then should I call them ignorants? If I'm convinced crack is good stuff for my health, then sould I use it? You are giving the usual "I believe it's good this way, so I'll do it this way" excuses, and those are usually quite away from what is really RIGHT, it's a plain personal opinion of yours, but not the naked truth. And why was Saddam a bad guy? WMD? Don't joke with me nor with yerself, son. Did he ever attack america? Did he help bombing your towers? Did he ate all your cookies? I mean, afghanis are bad because they killed(and continue to kill) americans, Saddam was bad because he was a dictator or whatever you want to call him,... I mean, there must be always danger in your american minds, must it not? I know your bogus press and media don't help, I know you were always menaced by the reds, by the yellows, by spics, by jews... what's next? LET'S INVADE INDIA BECAUSE INDIANS DON'T EAT THE BEEF WE PRODUCE? LET'S EXTERMINATE ALL PENGUINS BECAUSE THEY HAVE A FISHY ATTITUDE AND EXTERMINATE ALL THE POOR LITTLE FISH IN THE OCEANS? When will the lies, economical interest and FEAR stop? A reknowned writer of my country once wrote "How many poors are needed to create a single rich man?"
Fighting for a country is not meddling with other countries, is not letting your people live in misery, is not electing the same pig twice in a row, is not going to war because thet is your job. Fighting for your country is going to slums and poor neighborhoods to give and to share, is accomodating your emigrants better (they produce your riches, you know?), is building instead of tearing down. An 8 year old kid would tell you this. The thing is:

a) there's no oil in poor american neighborhoods;

b) there's no oil in emigrants' pockets;

c) there's no oil in construction.

You're not helping, you're just making your people and country look bad, I believe. Be cool.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The war is unjust but this guy put his life on the line and you guys disrespect him. Try walking a mile in his shoes. Most of you would mess your pants if you got dropped into a warzone. You tell him to stand up and protest the illegal war? What have any of you done besides posting on the internet on how evil it is? That's all I hear is the world is run by corporations and the MSM is feeding the sheeple. All talk and no action...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

sorry but posting on the internet isnt enough for me. someone has to stand up and fight for human freedom. iraq deserves freedom too. and they did not have it. they were oppressed before we showed up. i care about life and the freedoms of being a human being. and i will destroy any force that takes that right away from anyone. i killed the oppressors and would do it over and over. i chose this patch because all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. not becuase i get off on shooting a gun and killing. i wish the world wasnt in the shape its in. so that we could put down our arms. but thats a fantasy not reality. in reality evil men will kill and steal and maim in the name of greed. are you gonna make a diffrence? are you gonna fight? well i chose to

Who's freedom are you fighting for in Iraq? Mine or the Iraqi's? Why are you so concerned about their freedom since 9/11 and not before? How about the many other nations in the world where people are oppressed? Planning a global tour of saving people? How many men and how much money should the US spend saving people in far off lands? Is all the good you are doing there not diminished by the much greater good you are not doing all over the world? There are horrible places everywhere where people do horrible things. Going to stop them all or was Iraq chosen for a specific reason? Are you saving me from a van full of explosives?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

this is dumb.. you honestly dont know anything about the war in iraq. the iraqis have been nicer to me then my own fellow americans. they have thanked me themselves.. why dont you know? CAUSE YOU WERENT THERE!

I did ask you to tell me all about it.

yeah insurgents put kids in a van and explosives and blow them up all the time. along with other civilians at road blocks.

Maybe you can show me where they found explosives in that fan that would take out a helicopter no one saw 6000 feet away?

they also make kids run up to us with bombs and blow us up... y

I bet you have a big long list of horrible things you can tell me. When you figure out how any of them justify being there in the first place, let me know.

you dont know what goes on over there. i can believe im being attacked like this from you guys. you should be ashamed of yourselves. i lost my best friends. i saved the lives of iraqis so they could be as free as us.

Please, fill me in on all the freedom you spread. I am not attacking you. I am asking you to stop saying you did good things and tell me about those good things. Why does that come across as an attack to you?

Good thing you are in place to protect it then, eh?

donny
75th ranger signing out

I doubt it.

all of you should step away from the computer and re evaluate your lives and go out and make a difference. or maybe your too scared you might get hurt? or maybe its because iraq doesnt have a starbucks and free wifi spots on every corner.

Gosh I sure hope there is not another post from you just a few after this one because that might be embarrassing.

feel good insulting me? you feel tough telling me off and calling me a bad guy?

good things eh? my frist week there we went on a partrol going house to house. we were told they had no water. so me and three of my friends dug up the water lines and fixed them. took us 2 days to do it. but we did it. did we call engingeers? no. why was there water messed up? US bombs? no.. it was destroyed by a guy who was building body bombs and they blew up in his home and it destroyed the water lines. we replaced them and gave water to about 5 city blocks.

another good thing you say? during a night raid on a insurgent base i kicked a door in on an iraqi man raping a boy no older then 10. this so called iraqi was part of saddams elite police. yeah. they were so much better off being ruled by these guys...

another one you say? we cleared over 75 mines froma playground. the mines were placed there by sadams police and insurgents.

one more? we found a basement with over 50 children in cages being used for body bombs. rape. slavery.. you name it..

your right man, they were so free and happy before we got there...

need me to keep going i can.. every day we patrolled we saved a life and changed the way of life for the better.

not a ranger? u2u me your email.. i send you some pics of my unit in iraq sitting on car we shot that had a suicide bomber in it... were was he headed... into a school with kids in it. who was gaurding the school at the time.. US

you should be grateful that you can walk to the corner store with out fear of an IED or fear of being kidnapped and slaughterd.

yes it is horrible what happend in the video. but in iraq when they continually do things so horrible just to kill you. you dont take chances.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
The war is unjust but this guy put his life on the line and you guys disrespect him.

Some soldiers warrant respect. Some do not. Respect is earned. Sorry but putting your life on the line when I never asked you to and you cannot explain why I needed you to does not cut it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

There is an important distinction to make here. This guy chose to put his life on the line by signing up to the military knowing that he will see action, be asked to kill and possibly be killed. Free will and his choice. There have been quite a few posts recently from former and serving military people who adopt a hostile stance and keep peddling a 'we are fighting for your freedom' mantra. There is something highly suspicious going on and I would like to know what it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

feel good insulting me? you feel tough telling me off and calling me a bad guy?

What I feel is confusion because I have no idea when any of those things happened?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

war is hell. and according to my father. vietnam had way worse attrocities on civilians then this. (not that it makes it ok) but you have to understand the Iraqi people are victims and the US is making a difference! unless you have been there then STFU!

Donny
75th Ranger Regiment

Ranger;-

1. If i told you Switzerland is country on Earth, why would you believe me that it is true, espacially if you had NOT been there?

So some of the posters here may not had been in Iraq or afghanistan or experienced the war as you personally had, does that make them ignorant and be told to STFU?

For your information, kiddo, some here had served in Vietnam war as your father had, or had been in worse wars than you can ever lived with - Rwanda, Tibet, Somalia, Congo, Falklands, Burma, Cambodia,etc.

Even living in America with debts and foreclosure is a hell you will never experience, or at least not yet, so who is the one to STFU just because you think you had it worse.

Next, you are a disgrace to your uniform you wear paid fully by taxpayers. Killing innocents is a way of life to you - kill or be killed, so you just mow down anyone that comes in your way, and then tell others to STFU when they disagree with your methods.

Is this the constitution you sworned by or you just simply love killing and the power of the uniform and guns that gives you, the way the talibans are?

You deserve to be spat upon when you return!!!

But I do have compassion for you, for i know where you are coming from, and feel the frustrations you faced.

You are nothing more than a young pawn in a larger game played out by our masters, used and abused just like the rest of us for diabolical ends that too many are still ignorant of, and I will do everything within my insignficant limited abilities to help you, for you are my brother by divine creation still...

2. That moron Bush was only given a second term because of the mess he created, in the hope that he could clean it up. When he failed, he was booted out along with his darth vader accomplices, and current President Obama was elected on the promise to bring troops home and end wars.

However, the current situation on with ships in the yellow sea and hormaz straits is ominous, and hope that he will live out his promises and not fail, because if he does fail, none will survive, and the remnants that made it through will face a bleak future of radioactive waste and fallout.

3. The only difference you made to the iraqis is to give them MORE free play to kill themselves when the evil sadam regime that had kept the largely fractured religious group in subjugation. You and your kind had made no difference in the life of the iraqis sadly. Please dont delude yourself with such justifications no further!

The muslim imman here is US would have done a better job of changing radical mindsets than you ever could have with your bullets and murders even if this war was carried for a hundred years.

The blame rest on the generals of this war. They had studied about wars and even obtained Phds on it, and know for sure that for a war to be successfully conducted, they must follow up AFTER the war with political rule.

It had not been in place, even today! They failed utterly and pushed the blame to their political masters, justifying it is the political jobs. The military is just to bomb and kill and it's job done.

These overfed incompetents oughta be sent to Fort Levenworth, but instead were given generous pensions to live out their lives while John Doe's mother cries everynight for her sacrificed son in the unknown sands of Iraq....

Ranger, please take time off and consider my post. You are my brother still, no matter what you have done. Awaken now. Stop defending the monster you had been brainwashed to believed in.

Killing innocents or defending it with platitudes as 'collateral dammage' is a deadly crime, more so in a senseless war. Wake up, or it will be too late, not only for you and your loved ones, but for us humanity.......

[edit on 14-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

sorry but posting on the internet isnt enough for me. someone has to stand up and fight for human freedom. iraq deserves freedom too. and they did not have it. they were oppressed before we showed up. i care about life and the freedoms of being a human being. and i will destroy any force that takes that right away from anyone. i killed the oppressors and would do it over and over. i chose this patch because all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. not becuase i get off on shooting a gun and killing. i wish the world wasnt in the shape its in. so that we could put down our arms. but thats a fantasy not reality. in reality evil men will kill and steal and maim in the name of greed. are you gonna make a diffrence? are you gonna fight? well i chose to

Who's freedom are you fighting for in Iraq? Mine or the Iraqi's? Why are you so concerned about their freedom since 9/11 and not before? How about the many other nations in the world where people are oppressed? Planning a global tour of saving people? How many men and how much money should the US spend saving people in far off lands? Is all the good you are doing there not diminished by the much greater good you are not doing all over the world? There are horrible places everywhere where people do horrible things. Going to stop them all or was Iraq chosen for a specific reason? Are you saving me from a van full of explosives?

i enlisted in the service in 2000, before 9/11. i dont believe what the government tells me about 9/11 i have seen attacks in real life. 9/11 looked way to planned to be what they claim it is. i joined to protect the freedoms of every living person which i have stated in previous posts. americans and iraqis. britts and austrailians.. anyone being oppressed.
it seems you want to argue just for the sake of arguing. i didnt choose iraq. no matter where i was sent i made a difference.

what have you done?

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DONNYxMC]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The war is unjust but this guy put his life on the line and you guys disrespect him. Try walking a mile in his shoes. Most of you would mess your pants if you got dropped into a warzone. You tell him to stand up and protest the illegal war? What have any of you done besides posting on the internet on how evil it is? That's all I hear is the world is run by corporations and the MSM is feeding the sheeple. All talk and no action...

Maybe you should move there to help, then. To help your country to be less ignorant with those remarks, that is. I mean: WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BE DROPPED OFF IN A WARZONE? No one is obliged to do it, so those who do it must like it or are plain idiotic in nature, as war is. He put his life on the line for internal economical interests, not for freedom and justice. Maybe some revenge for 9/11 too, I'm sure. But NEVER TO FREE SOME OTHER COUNTRY'S PEOPLE as he said he did, don't be naive. I am not bashing him at all, but I can't stand LIES, or, in his case (seems to me) a little bit more brainwash and blind obedience. Do you think for yourselves over there or do you only respond to your master's voice? Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Reign, as a member of the Air Force, I appreciate the message you are trying to relay here. However, it is falling upon deaf ears. Most of the people who are troop bashing have never sacrificed 10 minutes for their country, they cannot and will not relate to you. It's a lost cause brother.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You found a basement with 50 kids in cages being kept there for suicide missions and rape? Every news station in the western world would want to know about this and every member on ATS too.

Please provide more information because this is very important.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faustian Spirit

Maybe you should move there to help, then. To help your country to be less ignorant with those remarks, that is. I mean: WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BE DROPPED OFF IN A WARZONE? No one is obliged to do it, so those who do it must like it or are plain idiotic in nature, as war is. He put his life on the line for internal economical interests, not for freedom and justice. Maybe some revenge for 9/11 too, I'm sure. But NEVER TO FREE SOME OTHER COUNTRY'S PEOPLE as he said he did, don't be naive. I am not bashing him at all, but I can't stand LIES, or, in his case (seems to me) a little bit more brainwash and blind obedience. Do you think for yourselves over there or do you only respond to your master's voice? Pathetic.

who are you to judge and tell someone why they did something? from reading an internet post you know exactly why someone is living their life? you have made a fool of yourself by posting this. some people chose to go to war because cowards like you wont do it.

its easy to say. "oh you joined because of 9/11" i joined before that. so whats my excuse? you cant just insert your opinion and assume thats why someon did something. you are being ignorant. i joined to help people who arent as free as we are. YES TO MAKE A DIFFERNCE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY. would you rather them just maim each other? you got your wal mart and your internet forums why should you care if people are being killed and raped in some other country.

sorry i know it might seem crazy to you.. but some people actually do care about other peoples freedoms. i didnt just join to protect my freedoms and country. i joined to save the lives of other people like IRAQIS.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DONNYxMC]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

i enlisted in the service in 2000, before 9/11. i dont believe what the government tells me about 9/11 i have seen attacks in real life. 9/11 looked way to planned to be what they claim it is. i joined to protect the freedoms of every living person which i have stated in previous posts. americans and iraqis. britts and austrailians.. anyone being oppressed.
it seems you want to argue just for the sake of arguing. i didnt choose iraq. no matter where i was sent i made a difference.

Nice job skirting around all the questions I really asked you and almost answering almost two of them. Why are you here if you are unwilling to discuss?

what have you done?

Enjoyed a nice Doubly Chocolaty Chip Frapuccino and read some eBooks with the free wi-fi. Thought you signed off 3 posts back?

If you ever stop ranting and raving about attacks and insults I never made and get to a point where you can discuss like a human, let's try this again. Starbucks on me.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity
Most of the people who are troop bashing have never sacrificed 10 minutes for their country, they cannot and will not relate to you. It's a lost cause brother.

Who is bashing the soldier in the video?

Show me one post of someone bashing the soldier in the video?

Maybe you need to understand the difference between bashing the troops and bashing online soldiers that just tell people how they want to watch them die.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

Please explain what have you sacrificed for your country, or why should your country neeD your contribution in waging wars. WHY DO YOU MAKE UP EXCUSES FOR WHAT YOU IGNORE? WHY CAN'T YOU BE SERIOUS FOR JUST ONE TIME AND ADMIT THAT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FREEDOM OF YOUR COUNTRY BUT WITH IT'S WEALTH?

Your false pretenses are apalling. Do you really believe yourself when you say what you say?!? A lost cause is death, for there's nothing you can do about it, all else is manageable.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join