It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i cant even speak..after watching this

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I think you are as bemused as me with some of these posts. Do you know what's going on here because I swear I have walked into the twilight zone.

There's a claim here for finding 50 kids in cages waiting to be turned into suicide bombers or for rape. I have asked for clarification, but still I am scratching my head with all this.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Faustian Spirit

Yeah, you know all about being brainwashed. Just cause you saw it on the internet doesn't make it true. Try some real world experence for a change. Its really easy to make judgement calls from behind a computer.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DONNYxMC
im not a jock. i have a family and two sons. i dont get off on killing or being a "bad ass" i do what i do because i know from frist hand experience what happends when someone DOESNT fight for your freedom.

and thank you for making a joke and rude statment about my fallen brothers. im sure their families would appreciate your concern

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DONNYxMC]

*sigh* Look around you, the next time when you are in a desert. Does it look like we are getting our freedom? For you guys to fight for us when you are at least 3000 miles away. We're way over here you guys are way over there. How can there be direct one one one attention when you are way down there? How can you help your kids and wife when they are all in trouble when they are in need your help. Well you can't... Your 3000 miles away! You can only reach them by phone or email, and your putting yourself in needless danger. Who is more important? Your commander who tells you what to do on the battlefield? Or your family? Your family of course is more important, they love you. They wish every second for you to come back home. But going out to war is not a holiday or business trip, this hell on earth. There is lots of chances that you may not come back home at all! This doesn't revolve around religion. Your not fighting for anybody's freedom. The U.S is the only one taking over. If you take a look at how much the U.S is spending on their military I'm sure you are well aware of how well protected we are... I'm sorry for the insults of your fallen friends and brothers, I was on a bit of a rant. But just remember don't go to war for the sake of your country, that line has been drilled in to so many heads it's not even a reason anymore. I'm not the kind of guy who takes pride in soldiers that take part in anyone else business. You'll just get in their way and it will upset a lot of them. I'm glad you made some Iraqi friends out there. All I'm saying is don't put yourself in danger, come back home. They'll figure things out themselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
im not defending anything but myself and my brothers. i never killed an innocent. i am not brainwashed. and dont try to put yourself above me by calling me "Kiddo". and yeah these people on these forums bashing our troops and havent even left our country or done anything for our country or been to a warzone and helped people can STFU.

so im saposed to respect you why? because you wanna spit in my face? you should be ashamed to call yourself an american after a reply like that.

and how do you know me? you have met me before? you can speak from experience that im brainwashed?

your proving your ignorance.

please... im in las vegas nevada.. i will U2U my address to you if you want. you can come spit in my face and take a pic of it.

wow i cant believe the attacks im getting. from this

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You seem to fit the stereotype of "Civilian scumbag" pretty well, just by that post alone.

If you want to dig through all the comments on the video go ahead, It's pretty evident that some people here on ATS and on YouTube are angry at every member of the military just because of a single unit's actions. It's really not that difficult to understand, not sure how an intelligent starbucks drinker like yourself could have missed it.

Let's just dismiss the entire military, drink our crappucinos all day, and hug some trees. We will definitely be a free nation full of rights and freedoms after that.

link   
reply to post by DONNYxMC

With respect, can you clarify some of the statements you made in a post a page or two back? They are pretty serious and very newsworthy.

link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

sorry im not selfish. i care about myself and my family. i care about helping the human race more. not everyone out there is as lucky as us. but i could just be selfish and hide in the US and be scared and brainwashed but its in my heart to fight to make a differnce. you should care about iraqis. they are people too

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DONNYxMC]

Mod Edit: Quote trim. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 14/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
There's a claim here for finding 50 kids in cages waiting to be turned into suicide bombers or for rape. I have asked for clarification, but still I am scratching my head with all this.

Lost here but I want to repeat this because I would like some clarification on this as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

what clarification do you need? my unit found a house with children in cages. one kid in peices with explosives in his guts. and vests sized for children, and the kids alive talked of being rape. im sorry do you want me to take you there and show you? but it wasnt on fox news so it must be made up.

for a forum to promote thinking and open mindedness you guys are pretty rude and close minded

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 14/8/10 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Every person in the military has sacrificed for their country. Some sacrifice their life. We go where they want us, when they want us. We go into dangerous situations without a second thought, we put our lives on the line for people like you. We give you the right to spit on us, we give you the right to protest us. Without a military we'd have nothing, and you are seriously going to ask me what I have sacrificed? I'm keeping my oath and doing everything I can to uphold the Constitution.

What have you sacrificed? What are you doing?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity

You seem to fit the stereotype of "Civilian scumbag" pretty well, just by that post alone.

Because your "brother" keeps crying about how I am attacking him when I never did so I decided to take a more jocular tone? How about you show me exactly which parts were really "scummy?"

If you want to dig through all the comments on the video go ahead, It's pretty evident that some people here on ATS and on YouTube are angry at every member of the military just because of a single unit's actions.

I could care less what anyone on youtube is saying. I am not discussing it there and not one single post here is addressing the people in the youtube comments section because ATS does not automatically display on youtube just because you mention it. Show me one post here in this thread.

It's really not that difficult to understand, not sure how an intelligent starbucks drinker like yourself could have missed it.

I actually do not like starbucks but thanks for following along.

Let's just dismiss the entire military, drink our crappucinos all day, and hug some trees. We will definitely be a free nation full of rights and freedoms after that.

Well that was a whole lot of pointless nothing. Thanks. Thanks for that.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Honestly though, you want to say how bad the military is and how you will never respect any of us, why don't you come up with a solution rather than sit in your computer chair and play internet super hero? You act as if we don't need any form of military force, if that's the case then give me some alternatives.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

So, for the record, you found 50 kids?

Look, I am not being rude and have asked several times that we discuss this with basic civility. You complain about people attacking you yet you write in a very defensive and hostile manner.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

your what makes some of us foriegners dispice that septic nation called USA, Your words dont change the fact that your yee haw troops kill children ..

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Every person in the military has sacrificed for their country. Some sacrifice their life. We go where they want us, when they want us. We go into dangerous situations without a second thought, we put our lives on the line for people like you. We give you the right to spit on us, we give you the right to protest us. Without a military we'd have nothing, and you are seriously going to ask me what I have sacrificed? I'm keeping my oath and doing everything I can to uphold the Constitution.

Sonny, they had paid for you to be fed, clothed and housed with their meagre salaries. Do not look down on others. If you think you had sacrificed for more than others and is unfair, then you are free to get out of the army and become a blue or white collar worker.

We are in this together as a society. We are brothers and sisters. Let us not bicker, for we are but pawns in the larger scheme of things by the elites, who loves most to see us divided.

The fact that evidence had been proven to show that killings of innocents by both sides goes to show how wrong our allegience had been for.

It's not you to be blame. The higher ups must be made accountable.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

its hopeless man, i have actually gotten mad over some of these peoples replies. people dont understand what the constitution is much less fighting for it. they just want everything to be easy for them. they dont want to do anything about it.

we know the sacrifice, we know the difference made. they might not care about our constitution but i will die fighting for it, and the freedoms of other people less fortunate

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DONNYxMC

what clarification do you need?

Any?

my unit found a house with children in cages.

How many kids? How many cages? What size cages? Were they like one to one dog kennel sized or were groups of kids in single cages or what?

one kid in peices with explosives in his guts.
Was he blown up in the house, near the cages? Was he blown up somewhere else and they brought him there?

and vests sized for children, and the kids alive talked of being rape.

What kind of talk about rape? I can talk of rape it does not mean I have ever been. Be specific.

im sorry do you want me to take you there and show you?
Why, is that a possibility?

but it wasnt on fox news so it must be made up.
Odd thing to say. Most of what I see on Fox news is made up.

for a forum to promote thinking and open mindedness you guys are pretty rude and close minded

How about a forum to promote the idea of not just taking anyone at their word? When someone makes claims like yours, they are a little hard to believe. Considering the media coverage of so many other events in Iraq from the grotesque to the mundane and the need to justify our presence over there, what you say seems like a media firestorm waiting to happen.

Here at ATS you will find many people will just hear you claim to be a soldier and fall down kissing your feet with thanks for your brave service. You will find far more people that hear you talk of houses full of rape cages and ask you to maybe make that a little believable. Just a little.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

So, for the record, you found 50 kids?

Look, I am not being rude and have asked several times that we discuss this with basic civility. You complain about people attacking you yet you write in a very defensive and hostile manner.

i dont know any exact number... around 50. what does it matter? there was thousands of worse things found. if its not on fox news its not important. im done. last reply. im moving on. yeah im hostile i have been spit in the face by people who live under the rights i defend and fight for. so you and all your unapreciating friends enjoy it. i hope you never have to pick up arms and defend your rights. its a horribel thing to have to live with. but a responsiblity someone must face.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It's give and take, from both sides. I believe risking my life is a greater risk than paying taxes though. I do not hold myself higher but when it comes down to it, being talked down to and spit on annoys most of us to no end. Most civilians are alright, if they oppose the war that's fine, burn a flag here or there, go for it. It's when they talk down to other enlisted members that things get really ridiculous.

I wish more people thought like you but sadly many are too close minded to see the big picture.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So I watched the video...

And I've seen this video before, but it didn't have the impact it had on me right now. The added narration made it for me. I got chocked up, I got angry, I prayed to God that one day humanity will learn to exist without the need for violence. The human race needs to element its insecurities, because believe me, VIOLENCE IS The RESULT OF MIND-SHATTERING INSECURITY.

I think everyone here needs to stop thinking of people in terms of labels. You see US soldiers, you "insurgents," you see civilians and "innocents." What it really boils down to is HUMAN BEINGS. The soldiers that everyone here is accusing of "murdering innocents" are HUMAN BEINGS just like YOU. They're likely confused, scared, pressured, sleep deprived, hungry, hot, paranoid etc... And the fact that their commanding officials threaten them to dish out punishments on a whim DOES NOT help. You think most US soldiers wanna be there right now? No, they made the mistake of enlisting and believing in this sham of a "war", but WE HAVE TO FORGIVE THEM because MOST OF US got swept up in the 911 "tragedy mentality" coupled with disinformation from the government. Yes, the population is slowly waking up, but you can't HATE or CONDEMN enlisted for not being at the stage of political "enlightenment."

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join