It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i cant even speak..after watching this

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Its funny how people went to other people house while they are eating, make a bloddy mess and claim the houseowner attacking them. Then after taking the whole house down, standing guard on it, opressing the neighbour to stand down and everything is OK or I will shoot. Later come back from the mission, boasting people in the house are lunatic.
Good old days to remember eh ?

Special to Reign02 and friends.
Dont you realize, the house owner is booing you deep inside their heart while theyre smiling ?
Dont you realize, no parent should bury their children ?, parent dont bring their children to war, other people did, and you just shoot them all ?
Do you shoot somebody anonymous on a fingersnap order?, thats a soldier.
"Let me shoot, let me shoot" is this a mantra on practice target and human alike?
As a soldier youre suppose to protect, not to kill, do you miss something here ?
Do you understand the difference between "human fence" and "hostage" ?
Does your child want to do what youre doing?, if its runs in the blood, the blood wont last long.

DARE TO THE HEROES! All my salute to you if you can withstand it.
Have you seen this eye, I dare you to test it yourself - hard slap your child without a reason and look deep into their eyes.

Go ahead, as a soldier, you should try it for once to know how it felt, again I dare you. THIS is your greatest challenge, the bullets is nothing.

That is how the eyes talking in the vid and what the guy in the vid saw and felt. I have done it and I lose, bleeding till today.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Then once the van pulled up he was all jazzed up ready to go.

Interesting choice of words: jazzed up comes from the original sexually aroused sense of the word. Appropriate metaphor for dealing with war. The young men thrown into these situations really are refocusing their testosterone and sexual desire at a different target. Getting "jazzed up" at killing is nothing more than the group mentality of sexed up males who need an outlet. The gun is the phallus; the brotherly connections within the various units are a sort of functioning bond through homoeroticism. It's phallic worship at it's most obscure and least taboo (because it's so hidden).

This is why DADT and woman are such an issue in the military. It emasculates the homoeroticism that is meant to glorify the phallus. Out gays and women imply the reception of and domination by the phallus, not the thrusting and penetrating of it into another object - metaphorically the same pointing your gun at somebody and "penetrating" them with the bullet; dominating that person (even to the point of death).

It's all a big mind # and probably creates a lot of people with really unhealthy lives (especially with dysfunctions relating to power, violence and sex, both in the military and the larger culture as a whole that thrives on the militaristic culture inherent in it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
well from an opinion of someone who has been there.. (myself) i can relate to what this guy feels. getting the job done no matter what is all NCOs and PL care about. i have been on many operations that just seemed stupid and suicidal. but I chose to join the army. and i chose to be a ranger. this isnt the first war that such atrocities happend. in vietnam civilians were slaughtered all the time in fear that it could be an ambush.

I know alot of you dont agree with the reasons we are in Iraq. But we are there none the less. the iraqi insurgents have no mercy. suicide bombers kill just as many civilians as the US military has if not more. accidents happend, mistakes are made. but the insurgence will kill Iraqi's and make it look like the US did it. they are mindless killers all in the name of ALLah.

they use every trick in the book to kill US and MY FRIENDS! they cutt the heads off of who ever they can find. WE have come across Iraqi Civilians hanging skinned alive in alley ways. Insurgents have used video camera IEDs. they drive car bombs with kids in them to blow us up. i assure you that americans care more about Iraqi civilians then the insurgents.

The video is unfortunate. but when you are bombarded by death and attacks and when your friends are killed by 15 year olds with AKs and RPGs you realize that this is war. there is no place for pity in war. its kill or be killed. and if someone is a possible threat. they will be killed. these things happen in war. this is why it is called WAR!!!!!!!

we all get these images and we have all walked up on a scene just as terrible or even worse. But after what i have seen the insurgents do to my friends and Iraqi civilians. i have gone numb to the fact that this is "horrendous" or "grusome" or "inhumane" this is a war people. its way more brutal then any media or any "peace" conference can show you.

i feel sorry for Iraq and NOT because the US is there. but because there are evil people out there that want a state of chaos. that dont care who lives and dies. you go take a walk through Iraq and see how you feel. see for yourself what the insurgents are doing to the Iraqi people. and i think you will not feel so shocked by this video. Insurgents KILL CHILDREN ALL THE TIME!!!!! the stuff the childrens bodies with bombs so when we come to check them to see if they are OK they blow us up! Insurgents are nothig but evil killers. if they didnt attempt to kill us in every way possible we wouldnt be blowing the hell out of there city. we would be gone by now.

war is hell. and according to my father. vietnam had way worse attrocities on civilians then this. (not that it makes it ok) but you have to understand the Iraqi people are victims and the US is making a difference! unless you have been there then STFU!

Donny
75th Ranger Regiment

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Rather than condemn the men and women of the armed forces for doing their job, why not direct that anger and disgust towards the real root of the problem... the warmongering politicians in Washington.

Of the 70+ people that have flagged this thread, how many of you enthusiastically supported the invasion when it was popular, but later changed their tune once the troops were sent into harms way and the lies uncovered? The people that supported the war are the ones to blame, not the soldiers separated from their loved ones to do the job that many lack the fortitude to do. These soldiers are our peers, sons and daughters, and should be respected for their sacrifices, not condemned for the failures of others. Wishing harm to our own families doesn't resolve anything, it just further divides us as a community and nation.

The video is truly saddening, but soldiers aren't perfect beings and some do occasionally make mistakes. Mistakes, however, happen everywhere, even in our own "safe" neighborhoods. Police brutality, animal cruelty, sexual assault, robbery and murder happen on our streets everyday, however as a community we must put it behind us and move forward.

One thing that really upsets me though, is that so many people spend endless hours hating our military members, yet remain complacent as our political "leaders" continue to abuse the very rights our military fights to protect.

PEOPLE SAY THAT THEY WANT THE WAR TO STOP, BUT THEY DIRECT THEIR HATE AT OUR MILITARY HEROES AND CONTINUE TO RE-ELECT THE POLITICIANS THAT KEEP THE WAR GOING. What the hell is wrong with that picture?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~
Rather than condemn the men and women of the armed forces for doing their job, why not direct that anger and disgust towards the real root of the problem... the warmongering politicians in Washington.

Of the 70+ people that have flagged this thread, how many of you enthusiastically supported the invasion when it was popular, but later changed their tune once the troops were sent into harms way and the lies uncovered? The people that supported the war are the ones to blame, not the soldiers separated from their loved ones to do the job that many lack the fortitude to do. These soldiers are our peers, sons and daughters, and should be respected for their sacrifices, not condemned for the failures of others. Wishing harm to our own families doesn't resolve anything, it just further divides us as a community and nation.

The video is truly saddening, but soldiers aren't perfect beings and some do occasionally make mistakes. Mistakes, however, happen everywhere, even in our own "safe" neighborhoods. Police brutality, animal cruelty, sexual assault, robbery and murder happen on our streets everyday, however as a community we must put it behind us and move forward.

One thing that really upsets me though, is that so many people spend endless hours hating our military members, yet remain complacent as our political "leaders" continue to abuse the very rights our military fights to protect.

PEOPLE SAY THAT THEY WANT THE WAR TO STOP, BUT THEY DIRECT THEIR HATE AT OUR MILITARY HEROES AND CONTINUE TO RE-ELECT THE POLITICIANS THAT KEEP THE WAR GOING. What the hell is wrong with that picture?

well said. thank you

edited for story:

When me and my friend arrived home we went out to eat in our uniforms and a woman threw a cup of battery acid in my best friends face. we made it though a war and when we get home to the United States.. our home. our safe haven. our freedom we fought for... hated us. my friend is blind in one eye now and has severe scarring and not to mention mental damage suffered by someone that is saposed to be our family (americans) throwing acid in our faces.

how does that make you feel? it broke my heart. we are now enemies every where we go.. and why? because we followed our orders. because we wanted to protect our country and our freedom and our friends and fellow citizens..

i agree if you want to make a diffrence change who is in charge of our country. dont put the blame on us soldiers. one day you will really need us to protect our own land.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DONNYxMC]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

Very well said.
Somehow, I don't think it will hit home though... It make me sad to see that there are people who agree with these kinds of actions.

But, what can one actually do to stop this war and retract the troops? I think a key point is that everyone needs to be on the same page.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Tripple_Helix]

It is not a case of agreeing or disagreeing. It is a case of knowing how the real world turns, and that knowing is from personal experience of living and seeing all parts of the world. Even though I have personally helped and save 1000s of people I also seen millions in Darfur, Somalia, Timor, India, just to name a few, that I have been helpless as they die and suffer a horrible life.

Many here on ATS just want to feed their bias views with searches on the net. I’m totally aware of all these views, but they tend to be extreme in what the real world is truly like. The world is not a nice place I’m sorry to say, and though many want to blame the world woes on the evil Americans they just not have seen true evil to compare. I’m in no way saying America is the good guy in all this. We try to be good at many levels, but we do have agendas (like every country in the world) that do not always follow the path we might call the good for mankind.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think this is an issue that stands very tall on both sides. For anyone
posting here to charge the other side with insults is absolutely ridiculous.
Both sides should have total respect for the other. Anything else is way childish. Both sides are very tall, only reduced in size by the uselessness of insults.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Reminds me of the MY Lai Massacre

en.wikipedia.org...

you want to see something see this!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Conflict of Iraq/Afghanistan and the Conflict of Vietnam Parallel
as in you DO Not know who to trust Much what the Video the OP Posted

not comparing the Heavy casualties
just the who is the real enemy and not knowing who

some movies that show this (top of my head ) besides the many movies of the My Lai incident
Casualty's of war , Hamburger hill , The walking dead

American Experience (PBS VIDEO) 83 min

MY Lai

video.pbs.org...
Oliver Stone Goes Back to War
By Kay Johnson / Danang Friday, Sep. 07, 200

Read more: www.time.com...

After 15 years since Heaven & Earth, why another Vietnam movie? Why now? Why now? Because of Iraq. That's a major reason. I had no intention of making a fourth Vietnam movie at all. But this last year — you know my feelings about the Iraq war of course — I think the time has unfortunately come back around to remember events like My Lai. Read more: www.time.com...

www.time.com...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Wolfenz] to add

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DONNYxMC

I disagree with your statement about telling people to 'shut up' if they haven't been there and experienced war for themselves. I and many others don't need to experience war to understand the reasons why we are there and why politicians have got us into this mess. Your experiences are direct and raw, but that doesn't give you any authority to assume that those of us who haven't served don't know any better than what is fed to us via politicians and mainstream media.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Everybody should quit serving in the military. We have enough police dogs as it is over here and over there. Let their government deal with their own issues, we have no business in being in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. We didn't get invited, we barged our way in. With some trillions of dollars later, we'll throw in a big party with lots of beer, women, and nuts!! And we'll shoot our AK-47's aimlessly, while dancing around a fire listening to Lady Gaga. Does the war seem like a big party for some of you soldiers or what?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
horrible things are happening all over the world. WAY worse then this. take a stroll through africa and see the poverty and genocide there. go to parts of asia and see how entire villages are burnt to the ground... one leaked video and all of a sudden war is so horrible. i wish you guys could see how brutal iraq really is. i wish people gave a Sh!t about the rest of the world. but NO..

people are slaughterd all over the world for nothing. support your troops. chances are someone you see today has been to iraq or lost someone there.

the responses to this video (and yes this video is sad) just makes me sick. how can you guys put us down like that (YOUR TROOPS) i guess if i had been behind a computer screen during the war and not my M4 i would feel the same...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DONNYxMC]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
Everybody should quit serving in the military. We have enough police dogs as it is over here and over there. Let their government deal with their own issues, we have no business in being in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran. We didn't get invited, we barged our way in. With some trillions of dollars later, we'll throw in a big party with lots of beer, women, and nuts!! And we'll shoot our AK-47's aimlessly, while dancing around a fire listening to Lady Gaga. Text
yeah what a great keggar it was!! my favorite part is when my friend got shot in the face!...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

i think its obviouse that what the insurgents are doing is 10000000000000 times worse then anything we have ever done to civilians there. so yeah. you dont know what you are talking about. you havent been there. you only see whats on the internet and on the news. you DONT KNOW

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by vanhippi

Most people are aware Saddam Hussein used chemical weapons on the Kurds, Iraqi political prisoners, Iraqi prisoners, Iranian POWS and also Saddam used them throughout their 10 years war with Iran which killed 10 million people.

Where did we find these weapons when we invaded?

Good enough for you?

Not for me.

link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

LOL Whose "no one" ???

Well, you know everybody?

Not them.

link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Who said I supported mindless killing, who said I support this war? I said it is wrong to characateurize either side of it.

The people on both sides of the war are just that- people. The American soldiers have hearts, there are some bastards but there are just as many on the other side. For the most part the soldiers do what they have to do to live through their day. The other side, Iraqi's,insurgents, whatever they are; they're doing the same thing.

Wars are seldom fought for noble purposes. Calling soldiers evil baby killers will never, ever change that; it will continue the problem.

Soldiers who have to kill children fight with themselves more than you will ever, ever know. There are soldiers who laugh about killing children, and there are soldiers who cry about it. They are all dealing with it.

Very few soldiers are actively going out and looking for children to kill. That's retarded and they should be executed.

I think most people have a very poor grasp on what the ROE's are. They're very strict, almost binding.

For my last point:
If we eliminated the dark side of humanity we would eliminate the opportunity for growth. The utopia society is called utopia because it is just that. Utopia means a world that doesn't exist.
We aren't going to change this.

War and killing and death and birth and life and doom and joy and love and hate are things far older and more powerful than anything we know. There is a balance in the way things work, it's hard to see but it is there.

If we nuke ourselves into oblivion then we won't have to worry about war anymore will we?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Okay, there is clearly a hidden agenda within your posts and I won't bite. I am happy to talk with civility, but will not be told what to do nor have people make baseless assumptions.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

no hidden agenda. i just get easily offended when americans who havent seen the good we are doing first hand assume they know that the war is wrong. they assume they think they know that Iraq was all about oil or all about some politcal conspiracy. WHO CARES! the Iraqi civilians are glad we are there. i have gotta more thanks from them then i have any US civilian. so i stand by my original statement of "if you werent there then STFU" because we are doing good things there. and the civilains are more free then they have ever been. they can express themselves without sadams mean cutting them into peices. all the americans see is videos like this. the only see the "horrors" of war. if americans only knew the great things that have happend there and continue to happen there.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

People do care greatly about the rest of the world, it's just that this thread is about a particular video, so that is where the majority of attention is going to go. No part of the world is more/less important than any other, they all deserve attention and awareness, as they are all part of the whole.

I understand your frustration about members taking their anger out on troops, and while sometimes it may be justified, more often than not it is misplaced. The real people responsible for these atrocities are the elite who create the situations to allow these things to occur in the first place. They are the ones largely responsible, but to an extent, so are the people who support them. We give them their power, we can also take it away from them.

Like I said in an earlier post, what's the solution? Violence, throughout history, has more often than not been responded to with more violence, and since Karma/Cause&Effect/YouReapWhatYouSow is a very real facet of reality, it creates more violence. It has for centuries, created more enemies, more hate, more war, more violence. So, to stop the cycle, people have to become aware of what's going on, they on some level need to be informed of what is happening, and this video is one of many videos raising that awareness. We can never get to a place of peace when a majority of the population is on a different page, complacent, or apathetic. Reality has to be shaken up, shaken up out of the dream of believing that things are just alright, when in reality like you said, brutality is occurring all around in so many countries.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't understand why all the fuss about this: it's common american military unintelligence. If it walks, it must be a terrorist. If it doesn't, then it's a smart terrorist playing dead.

U.S. ARMY: ETHNIC CLEANSING ONE PEOPLE AT A TIME.

As for the slob who said "YOUR TROOPS", I just wish those were your kids or brothers or sisters. Maybe then you'd know what pain and shame are.

In some other post someone said "americans are your brothers", and after watching this, all I can say is that my mother knew best in raising me as a decent human being, telling me not to participate in wars, to treat anyone as equally as I could and to always give a benefit of the doubt.

I served for 4 months (since in my country we were obliged some 14 years ago), and all I can say is that the military is the same anywhere: a bunch of losers that exist for no reason at all, except to show off their newest toys to other countries. But I mean, in the U.S. it's even worse: soldeirs are drafted from slums, poor nighbourhoods and trailer parks scented by money. I mean: is there any senator's son fighting in Afghanistan? Why should it be when it's easier to pay unemployed and futureless kids money? SHAME!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join