It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
how many did God kill? not nearly enough for people like you to still not recognize him as supreme obviously!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by clever024
how many did God kill? not nearly enough for people like you to still not recognize him as supreme obviously!

Nachos are "supreme".

This god is morally bankrupt, no different than a serial killing psychotic taking advantage of his power.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

No. I'm talking about a timer sequence. Something that creates those laws. Every cycle. Endlessly. Interacting with endless other universes also doing the same thing.

The most complex natural systems I can think about is the black hole-ergosphere relationship. And that's not exactly complex.

Oh, and we're still done with the previous topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Atheists think Bible is fake anyway.
So, why they automatically think that God killed someone ?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
No. I'm talking about a timer sequence. Something that creates those laws. Every cycle. Endlessly. Interacting with endless other universes also doing the same thing.

So why exactly does that require a creator of some kind?

This seems to be the old "god of the gaps" argument.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by under_topsecret

Automatically?

It's what's written in the bible. Millions of killings committed by the biblical god.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

not at all. Arguing how did an ape become man would be god of the gaps, which evolution filled in. This is no gap. This is "This thing has no beginning and no end. Therefore, something outside of time must have made it"

Now time is a funny thing. It's what bounds us. It's what makes us, moves us, and eventually kills us. But, if even a small single cell fell out of time. Even the most basic of organisms, then everything and anything that that cell could ever become in any conditions on any possible pathways instantly becomes true. Because it is not bound by time. Time is like a movie reel. No time is like every image being the same, and different, at the same time.

Ergo, because something from outside of time made this closed circuit of time that is the universe, it instantly becomes the most intelligent, creative possible thing beyond that which is conceptual. It doesn't even need to be alive. it could be a single pebble that hit the universe and started the big bang. But that pebble resonates. it has 1s and 0s. Maxes and mins. It becomes a program instantly. Complex and infinite. It becomes every possible program, everything it could ever be in all of time and beyond.

There is no gap here at all.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I see what the problem is and where you are getting at. If you can't use one of the five perceptions to detect something, it doesn't exist.

That is what is flawed with science. You use the 5 perceptions we have to identify the world around us.

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”
Albert Einstein.

Every great journey begins with an idea, than that idea is explored further. You claim that there is no God because there is no evidence, and most can agree. Those feelings inside are just emotions and nothing else, according to you.

The thing is that we haven't found every possible mystery that lies within our bodies realm. So how can you be so sure that we are just bio-organic creatures that came about by simple chance?

How come no other creatures evolved as intelligent as we did? What gave humans an edge over any other creature on Earth? We have creatures that date back hundreds of millions of years ago, why didn't they evolve into a creature that creates like we did?

Apes have been around just as long as we have, and they share the same DNA. You'd think by now they would have developed enough brain power to build and pass down more than survival skills.

My conclusion is this, don't be fooled by what science has to offer. We are still young and our thoughts have only started to grow. We must expand from the one dimensional thinking and move forward.

You could think God doesn't exist, but there is a chance you could be wrong.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The answer how many did satin kill, Satin can kill no one without Gods permission! God said satin can do what he will to win your soul, except kill you! He decides who lives and who dies! Not Satin! So if satin kills you it was because God wanted you dead! Get it God gives everything life,And he takes life from everything period. No conspiracy in this thread !

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by under_topsecret

Automatically?

It's what's written in the bible. Millions of killings committed by the biblical god.

So, how will i understand this ? You believe in God ?

Or, you don´t believe. If you don´t why you bother and are pissed of ?
You live in some country where is a great risk for secular state, then you fight for souls of poor believers, and your country´s future ?

Wherever is mention of God somewhere you atheists are the first to write bull#. And most loud.
You atheists cannot live without God, can´t you ?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

Wasn't that about the true life after death, not the death we call life as mortals?

Death and life are often switched around.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by nlouise
The only real proof is personal, and the person who wants that proof has to go to God for him/herself. No one can do it for them. God makes himself known to those who sincerely want to know. I'm not talking about belief. People believe in all kinds of crazy things, and yes that doesn't mean they are right.

And there's the rub. One can find personal proof. One can not find evidence. Many people know with all sincerity that they've been abducted by aliens. Some others know with sincerity that they are the messiah. Many more believe that they know god.

The point really becomes how to distinguish whether the things we know are originating inside our brains or whether it indeed is truly an outside agent. Without the objective evidence it's hard to make a statement of fact that it actually is an outside agent.

I place a high priority on determining that what I know is true. The existence of powerful but invisible beings that have tangible effect on the physical world is hard to acknowledge as truthful to me. It will take that objective evidence to convince someone like me.

LOL, but not at you. I hear what you say.

Years ago I had a friend(?) who gave me the very same explanation. But, in addition he laughed at me, mocked my Christianity in jest, told me I was being foolish, said there was nothing that can even tangibly prove God, etc. He said he believed in a source of energy (like lightening) and things were made up of matter, but a god to him was nothing more than matter, etc. He was very egotistical, proud, and thought he was ‘all that’. Actually his 2 brothers were just like him, only a couple years younger. God was not a topic he and I could even agree to disagree on.

Anyway, about 5 years into our friendship he shows up at my place one day telling me he gave his heart to God that morning. I’m sure I was rolling my eyes because I knew him too well. I guess I was the only person in his life that could relate to anything he was saying. He had also just received a spiritual ‘gift’ that day that will forever blow my mind, let alone his. We’ve lost touch over the years, but I know one thing. He knows God.

I thought of that incident because he and I debated that subject for many hours to no avail. Then, 5 years later he’s one of us.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slinger

The answer how many did satin kill, Satin can kill no one without Gods permission! God said satin can do what he will to win your soul, except kill you! He decides who lives and who dies! Not Satin! So if satin kills you it was because God wanted you dead! Get it God gives everything life,And he takes life from everything period. No conspiracy in this thread !

Sorry to butt in, just adding........The one example that comes to mind is Job. Job belonged to God, that is why he had to have permission to do what he did. People that are not under God's protection are fair game to Satan. God is no respecter of persons, meaning we can all be under Gods protection, unless we don't want it. If we reject him he lifts his hand of protection and leaves us to our own devices. Simple.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I thought of that incident because he and I debated that subject for many hours to no avail. Then, 5 years later he’s one of us.

I would be curious to know the nature of his experience and how it overcame his doubt. It has been my experience that few true atheists are even marginally open to personal evidence of God (that is, evidence of their own personal observations.) I don't remember if it was TD or someone else who said that he would view something that might be tangible evidence (such as the old burning bush) as being a sign of his mental instability, rather than an actual miracle.

Tough to fight against that sort of blockade. Whether that sort of reticence is based on some sort of weird devotion to a limited world perspective, a fear of admitting to error in something that they are so passionate about for some reason, or just pure stubbornness, I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

With your hypothetical exchange between the Father and the Son you portray the Father wanting to do one thing and the Son "talking" Him out of it. The Father and the Son are one. They are in complete agreement, at all times. It's heretical to think/state otherwise. "Heretical" means contrary to what the Word of God declares to be fact/true.

Secondly, you state the "father" will judge mankind. that's completely contrary to what the Word of God declares. It says that Jesus the Son will judge mankind. That's heretical to state/believe as well.

The Bible is clear that God came to Earth and entered humanity as a servant, as an example to us all in His life, for the purpose that was in the heart of God before creation to redeem mankind through the Son for His glory and to demonstrate His infinite love.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by NOTurTypical]

First of all, that's not exactly what I was getting at.

You see, the Trinity exists for this reason. Yes, they are One in essence, and yes, they do agree, but are they the same in characteristics? Obviously not, or there would be no distinctions, thus no trinity.

What I presented was an example of how these characteristics are represented in the bible. In the Ephesisans 2:17 we see that Christ is God's peace and mercy. Christ appeared to us so that we may know God's mercy and His grace. Otherwise, we might only know His wrath and vengeance(justice) for we deserve nothing less than death.

In regards to judgment, I suppose you're referring to John 5:22. However, I ask you to read John 12:47.

I look forward to hearing back from you. This discussion might bear fruit after all.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

I would be curious to know the nature of his experience and how it overcame his doubt. It has been my experience that few true atheists are even marginally open to personal evidence of God (that is, evidence of their own personal observations.) I don't remember if it was TD or someone else who said that he would view something that might be tangible evidence (such as the old burning bush) as being a sign of his mental instability, rather than an actual miracle.

Tough to fight against that sort of blockade. Whether that sort of reticence is based on some sort of weird devotion to a limited world perspective, a fear of admitting to error in something that they are so passionate about for some reason, or just pure stubbornness, I have no idea.

He was leading a double life and his life caught up to him. He hit rock bottom. Decided he was going to drive his sports car off a cliff, passed a church, turned around and decided that whether or not there was a God, he would give himself his last rights, then go do what he was going to do. (the suicidal thing was out of character for him. he was always much too arrogant)

He gave his heart to Jesus after church was over, while talking to an elder. He recieved the gift of knowledge. He came over to my house and was telling me things that I know he didn't know. He even knew things in the Bible that he never read before. He asked me to ask him anything. I asked a bunch of questions about people he personally never met and I never talked about, and he descrbed them accurately and then some. He knew things about me that no one else knew, incidents, conversations, plans, you name it. Things from my past, what I believed and when, times and dates, everything. He even brought up things from my past that I had completely forgotten about over the years that I know I never told a soul. He told me things that would happen with certain people whose names I brought up. Within 2 months everything he said happened with complete accuracy. He mentioned a coworker of mine (who he never met) was going to loose his job soon over something stupid. Two months later that man lost his job after 21 years.(he was slightly injured on the job and didn't pass the customary drug test taken when he was at the clinic) He mentioned another coworker (he never met) that something sad was going to happen, the guy got cancer. He mentioned something in my bosses past, later in conversation my boss confirmed it, unknowingly.

He warned me not to follow through on some plans that I was about to make, that I would regret it deeply. (That morning I had just made plans that ,had I followed them through, would have altered the whole course of my life, not for the better)

He refered to certain scriptures that only now (years later) I'm looking at and saying 'how did he know that was there?' I'm telling you this blew my mind to say the least. It still blows my mind and that was 14 years ago.

EDIT: 15 years ago. I keep forgetting how old I am

[edit on 27-8-2010 by nlouise]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spy66

I searched this and I could not find it. That said I invite you, like the OP, to show me where you think God told man to do things Satan would say.

I cant find it either, so i have to admit that i made a mistake. Lord God mention something else about Jesus,but not by name.

Deuteronomy:

15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by under_topsecret

i always thought about what atheists would do without god.

would they even exist?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Again I fail to see that as Satan. He's probably talking about Jesus but it's kind of 3 AM here and my brain is shutting down.

That said, It explains why God does not talk to us with a normal voice other than to those who claim to have some sort of unprovable gift.

Again, I'm not seeing how Lord God means Satan because Satan has his title already. It would be like saying Lord King Prince Johnny. It's redundant. Pointless. Satan is a name. His title is devil, or deceiver for a more direct translation. God for my own thinking does not seem to have a name but he does reveal several titles which many think as names. Jesus is the human name for God. Holy Spirit we barely hear anything about.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you.
Genesis 22:1-18

Sounds really horrible.

At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you."

(1 Kings 13:1-2 NLT)

It's the anunaki, this does not sound like the creator of the universe to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join