It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Deaths: How Many Did God Kill? How Many Did Satan Kill?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

30pgs of interesting stuff.

hmmm..

when YOU die, by who's hand do you think it will be from?

god or satan?

will it be the god you blame for so many deaths?

or satan who has been so misunderstood.

will it freakin matter!? lol. you be just as dead and burning somewhere for eternity.

lol, just for bringing up this inane question.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
God says he does not destroy places with unsinful people nor innocent people in general.

Looks like god lied.

You cannot even assume that they were innocent of David's crimes

I don't have to assume anything. It's clear they were innocent of David's "crime".

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise
How many has Satan killed? Well first, he uses mankind to do it:

Don't be fooled. God uses mankind also.

The Crusades, 9/11, murdering abortion doctors, Eric Rudolph, etc. etc.

Killing for god is a popular pastime it seems

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
will it freakin matter!? lol. you be just as dead and burning somewhere for eternity.

lol, just for bringing up this inane question.

Ahhh yes. The merciful, loving act of eternal torture. And why? According to you, for pointing out the serial and mass murders committed by this god.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You're whole argument is that because they were not guilty of one crime they were not guilty of A crime. What are you, Basil Marceaux?

You don't murder innocent people if they are still bad people and killed for another bad person's action. Any thing else, you have to explain the logic to. "The weren't guilty of David's crime" is not logic. It's a statement. A statement that does not prove they were innocent nor prove they were guilty. It just means they died during his punishment. So unless you can prove they were innocent of A sin or crime, you really are doing nothing but drawing straws and trolling.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
who else do you think can givith and takith away?

what part about god do you not understand?

unfortunately god is the ultimate ptb for you conspiracy people.

only diff is what you do here and where you end up forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

"The weren't guilty of David's crime" is not logic. It's a statement.

It's an observation based on the two accounts of this event in the bible.

Your argument consists of the assumption that they must have been guilty because god said elsewhere that he wasn't going to kill innocent people. This assumption forces you to ignore the innocence of these people and ignore the fact that god lied.

Sorry, but I'm going by what's written in the bible instead of going with the things that you make up.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
He did lots & lots of killing in the first part of the bible. Then, by the last part, he switched to the more merciful habit of torturing people forever in Hell. Looks like he still doesn't play!

Hardly the same thing. In "the last part", he set out some pretty simple rules, and if you choose not to follow them, you cannot call yourself innocent by them. I'll leave the "torturing people" bit off, because as you know, I'm not a big fan of that, but hell is simply the "not God" option of the afterlife. If you've said you don't want to be with God here, you won't be with God there, and the only other (apparent) option to being with God is being without him.

God doesn't send anyone to hell. People go there by their own choosing.

There is, of course, a similarity between your two arguments though, in that you wish to apply your own sense of fairness to God. The Christian application is contrary to yours, though -- we believe that it is quite "fair" that we aren't allowed to be with God, and it is through his grace, not our wonderful being, that we are.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

what part about god do you not understand?

I think this thread provides a fairly good understanding of the biblical god.

only diff is what you do here and where you end up forever.

Indeed, the pernicious lie of Jesus about Hell has you kissing the hiney of a murderous god. Lucky you!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I'll leave the "torturing people" bit off, because as you know, I'm not a big fan of that, but hell is simply the "not God" option of the afterlife. If you've said you don't want to be with God here, you won't be with God there, and the only other (apparent) option to being with God is being without him.

In a story Jesus tells, the man who is carried away into hell cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME." Luke 16:24

Jesus and other parts of the NT are fairly descriptive of "Hell", though many modern christians argue as you have: that it's simply a "separation from god".

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

it is god dude.

lol, you don't believe? so what is this bs thread you started?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And how am I making it up if it says in the bible he won't kill people not guilty of serious sin because judgement is for the last day?

Again you ignore and draw straws. Define your terms. How am I making things up?

In the same post you claim to use what's written in the bible you claim what's written in the bible cannot be used. Circular logic much?

Are you seriously trying to debate? Or are you just trolling?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

it is god dude.

So what?

lol, you don't believe? so what is this bs thread you started?

Just giving people the stuff they probably won't hear at the Sunday sermon.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

In the same post you claim to use what's written in the bible you claim what's written in the bible cannot be used. Circular logic much?

Actually I've demonstrated that god's insistence on not killing innocent people was a lie. By using the bible.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

i don't know what to say to that.

why don't you run for priest or alter boy or something and get your own church so you can preach all this crap?

hey!! i hear ny has some space and are helping others get some great deals!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

why don't you run for priest or alter boy or something and get your own church so you can preach all this crap?

"Run for priest"? LOL!

I'm not preaching, just reporting stuff that's printed in The Good Book. Maybe you should ask why this is NOT preached in most churches.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

no star for giving you a chuckle?

the lord givith and the lord takith away.

that is everything! corn, money, rats, life, death and souls.

vengeance is mine etc...

everything is ultimately his responsibility . where we end up is what matters to him.

simple.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No. You've demonstrated that people were killed for another person's crime, but you have no knowledge of their crimes.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No. You've demonstrated that people were killed for another person's crime, but you have no knowledge of their crimes.

YES! Now we're getting somewhere. 70K people were killed for someone else's crimes. God does not state he's killing them for their crimes. He's killing a whole bunch of innocent people. This indicates god lied when he said he wasn't going to kill innocents.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by adjensen
I'll leave the "torturing people" bit off, because as you know, I'm not a big fan of that, but hell is simply the "not God" option of the afterlife. If you've said you don't want to be with God here, you won't be with God there, and the only other (apparent) option to being with God is being without him.

In a story Jesus tells, the man who is carried away into hell cries: ". . .I am tormented in this FLAME." Luke 16:24

Jesus and other parts of the NT are fairly descriptive of "Hell", though many modern christians argue as you have: that it's simply a "separation from god".

I don't dispute the nature of hell (though I'd say that it's not unreasonable that we lack complete understanding,) I'm just not a fan of people using that as the fulcrum in their argument FOR God.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join