It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An occasional "thank you" would be nice.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I decided to stick around. I guess it becomes an addiction. Secondly war monger, is a bit strong, though not far off. If you would like to debate any of my threads, feel free, I will be happy to reply honestly. I know, honesty is scary. Though a healthy dose is what any thinking person would perscribe to this site. If you aren't waking people up, requiring debate, or just plain trying to cause an emotional response to get people to think, why would you even post? More than anything I decided to repost on ATS. because I could not believe the responses I got. I had to prove to myself that this site was real.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I pay 120$ per month for my employer payed insurance. It's actually pretty good, Though I work pretty damn hard to have it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, I work a full time job and I am proud to know that part of my work goes to help someone who cannot help themselves. I don't require thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

No, on second thought that is not definition enough. I make my company $500,000 a year in profit, because I work 70 hours a week. My insurance covers up to $1,000,000 dollars in expenses. Because I have worked for the company for fifteen years, I feel I have met my obligation.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The point of the post is, you are supporting millions of people who CAN help themselves. Are you still proud?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Even if I did take advantage of these programs, I would feel no reason to thank you. You would never spend a dime to help the misfortune unless you were forced too. It's like thanking a member of a prison trash cleanup duty.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Even if I did take advantage of these programs, I would feel no reason to thank you. You would never spend a dime to help the misfortune unless you were forced too. It's like thanking a member of a prison trash cleanup duty.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by dreamwalker74

Clear enough. You have the option to leave. After all, we got to hear from you and many others during the Bush years: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

If you work, you pay for them to. You pay for everything. The government takes money from you, and pays everybody else. If you are one of the ones who don't work, why? The local Mc Donald's isn't hiring? Or are people just too good for that?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Once again, NO Intellectual debate on the facts. Why? To scary? Come on you disinfo agent, I dare you. I dare you to bring up a true, intelligent debate based on facts. Come on just one. Wow your leaders have taught you well.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
This is simply a post on "Unfair" taxes.

I, as a working American, no longer want to be forced, through taxes, to support the millions who intentionally defraud the system.

Clear enough?

Talking about paying tax.. doesn't everyone who buys anything pay tax on it?

In which case all those people you seem to hate so much are also paying taxes.. maybe not as much as you, but they are with every thing they purchase.

'Your' tax dollars are not Yours... they belong to your nation.

You pay taxes for the infrastructure of your nation, state, city and village, for whatever public health care there may be left in your country, for the warring enjoyed by your governments, for the scientific research undertaken for your country, for the one-eyed education system, and everything else funded by any level of government via taxes paid.

To go from homelss to home owner in only two short years tells me you must have been earning very well no matter how many jobs you 'had to have' to make it happen.

Did you ever think that working all those jobs also stops other people getting one of them?

When you become sick, dibilitated or are pensioned off as being useless to your society, will you still scream UNFAIR?

Lastly, I mean no disrespect to you personally with any of my words here. So please maintain some balance and stop yourself personally attacking other members with your words.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I am absolutely proud! Because while I don't use any of these programs now, someday I might be in the position where I would need to. And I would be grateful that they were there.

I don't make a whole lot of money, but what I do earn is just that earned. And I think that it's great that a part of that goes to people that might need it. Sure, there may be a lot of people that abuse the system, but that is no reason to punish those who don't.

Course, only ultra conservatives would rather smile scream at someone while they starve to death rather than help them.

Or in other words...

Man With Parkinson's Who Was Berated By Tea Partiers: 'I Embody The Controversy' (VIDEO)

[edit on 8/11/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

All you can do is quote Bush? Who quite frankly I wasn't a fan of. Can you Come up with any intellectual debate to the post period? Come one, just one, I'll wait.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You my friend are one of the very few to come up with any form of logical debate. I will star your reply. Plus "Sympathy for the Devil" was one of my favorite songs of all time. Have you heard the Gun's N' Roses version? they did it well.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Also do not get me wrong. I am more than willing to help those truly in need, not those who would take our system for granted. Which there are in fact millions of.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yes, there are people that will take advantage of the system, no matter what that system is. (Think AIG, Goldman Sachs, Fannie, Freddie, Bernie Madoff.) So, should we punish all banks, all investors?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Firstly, food stamps are not taxed. When I lived in Sacramento, the basic rule was you paid 60$ per ounce for mexican marijuana or $120.00 in food stamps. According to the guy I knew, most people paid with food stamps. The other scam was to go to a store and buy a 25 cent pack of gum, and get 75 cents back, after you bought four or five packs of gum, you had enough to buy a pack of ciggarettes, or a small bottle of cheap whiskey. Other states had cards, vs the stamps. but this did happen, and tax payers paid for it.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

And your pointis? YOU have the dam arrogance to get on here and puff yourself up like some annoited pompous saint, and act as though everyone one else is beneath you? I reall yenjoyed the egg story SO TELL ME you got the jobs ja /? you want to keep that arrogant over estimated opinion of yourself When it is so comical how do you know who the hell you are even talking to? you don't know me or my background but I can tell you this you, I donot and have not EVER turned my back on a common man or especially if he or his family is on hard times YOU ARE TRULY A REAL AMERICAN AND a great piece of work thank god I haven't met you in person!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
my thoughts: motivation, gifts, given.
where do people get the motivation from, if their "given" education didnt include duty, order or "push oneself" ?
if they werent taught, they dont have it.
everyone has some kind of proud or dignity.
to get yelled at and forced to get motivated, is a bad way, a bad life.
nobody wants that. dont just condemn the leck of motivation, more intelligent would be to look for the roots and causes. the key is education. like a long term investment to the future. giving good money to educate and it will pay out in the future.
what really is damaging, is the most-profit and high-risk short-term investments, they are nearsighted and cost more than they actually bring benefit.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thank you.I feel your pain taxes are killing me too.The taxes on my property and homes have doubled in the last few years.Also my insurance is alot higher than yours every month but sadly my insurance is medicare.See i am on the system have been for many years.But we are not the ones you really need to seek thank you from it from people who draw more than you make a year they draw monthly.See we are you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join