It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An occasional "thank you" would be nice.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

wrong again.........do you just spout out random stuff if it only fits in your agenda.....

Social Security and aid programs top the list

Federal Budget chart

Keep going to your anti war sites to find doctored ones....

I dont like war either, but im not going to negate the truth just because it fits an angenda

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This guy is a typical sociopath that has entered some form of exec business and feels the common people do not desrve anything! He is not much different than the illuminati nwo thinkers , read his posts and look at what he is really saying;He makes me sick but in case you are wondering dreamfall or whatever you're tafg is THE FUNNY THING IS; SUCK IT UP SUCK IT UP! THERE IS NOT A DAM THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! OBAMA loves you baby! have a nice night I need my bills paid tommmorrow

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

You "need" me because I'm willing to do and must do the work you are unwilling to take care of to support yourself due of your lack of ambition so that I can not only live my life but help you survive as well.
I find it quite amusing that you sit there and make all sorts of accusations about people you have absolutely no idea about.

I'll just give you a big THANK YOU for being such an easily brainwashed slave of the system, THANK YOU for promoting the idea that we must all work against each other to achieve more than the next guy, THANK YOU for promoting the idea that if you don't do well enough in school you'll equal nothing in life, THANK YOU for helping to make us materialistic, greedy and deceptive people, and THANK YOU for turning life into nothing but a meaningless war to achieve more than the next person and say you're better than them.

And I'M SORRY you've had to waste your life away to the system, I'M SORRY you feel like their is no reward, not even a thank you, and I'M SORRY, but it's quite sad when people shout Hooray, look at me, I'm an upstanding citizen! now where is my reward - I'M SORRY to say, there is none.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hey. If I ever had the misfortune of being in need of government assistance then I would thank you without any reservations. I have been on the paying side - the double paying side- since I started working. I can go on doing this until the end of my days, and I won't require a thank you. Of course, neither do you: I completely agree that a thank you is nice. It sure calms that sense of frustration that tends to haunt me every april.

But then. Neither you nor I should forget that the world is a #ed up place. One little accident. One little catastrophe. One stupid decision. One bout of bad luck and such model citizens like you and me will end up on the receiving side. So only demand a thank you if you have no problem with saying thanks yourself once the day will come - and chances are it will. The best laid plans, you know. Not many people plan on living of assistance. And most of the people who receive any form of assistance work just as hard as we do.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Being an Australian I did not know about Food Stamps. I was assuming that people still buy ordinary products with what little benefit they get, hence they also pay the sales tax.. is that correct?

I certainly agree that a minority scam the system, it happens in every avenue of human endeavour, as mentioned before by someone using the Banks as an example.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Thank you.

You are lucky your youngest son isn't an autistic adult and can't work.

Your job of 15 years, isn't being outsouced to India (I'm 58).

Your husband is 66 and will probably have to work until he drops dead because of the two previous statements.

Haven't taken a real vacation in 15 years.

Can't afford to recarpet your house in 20 years.

ps: I currently work 50-60 hours a week, can't claim overtime while teaching "Team India" my job because my boss says, "you should be able to get your work load done within 35 hours". Yes it's illegal but trying to go up against a tyrant manager who has a corporation behind them.

People like you think they do it all on their own.

Fact is, most of life is luck - From the genes you are born with to the opportunities you encounter.

Between the millions of mexicans and other immigrants and American companies outsourcing you are going to find more American's that are under employed if lucky or worse, unemployed.

No work, no paycheck.

The plan is and it is a conspiracy, is for the middle class in America, eventually the world, to be driven to extinction.

Unemployment pays frap and is degrading.

Again, thank you Mr/Ms outstanding citizen.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I agree with you but would point out that in my opinion, thank you's and I'm sorry's should come from able bodied individuals who can work but don't.

I know individuals who are disabled and simply can't work. They did not choose to be disabled and I believe as their fellow countrymen and women, we should take up the responsibility of helping them. What if we were in their place....would we hope for the generosity of those around us so we could have some type of happy life? Of course we would.

So I agree with you but with one amendment as described above.

I've seen a lot of people who refuse to work even though they are able so using the term ROBBED is very fitting.

Just a quick story:
My business partner mentioned that his nephew was out of work and had no place to live. We spoke with the nephew who said he really wanted to work. My business partner offered to rent him a house SUPER CHEAP so the nephew had a place to live and we gave him a job. We gave him every opportunity but he was too lazy and didn't really want to work. He would show up for work unshaven and unwashed. Yes you read that correctly...he couldn't be bothered to bath...he could be bothered to play video games for 20 hours straight but showed up for work smelling like an outhouse. I had to explain to a healthy adult that he couldn't work unless he bathed first because he smelled so bad.
Again, we gave him chance after chance but finally we had to fire him. Did we ever get a THANK YOU? Not once...But this is typical of the younger generation now. They have an undeserved sense of entitlement. They don't say THANK YOU, I'M SORRY or EXCUSE ME.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Heres a thank you, you arrogant pr***!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I will say thank you but I will not apologize for doing my absolute best and trying my hardest despite it not being good enough for some of you people. I will keep trying now matter how degraded people like the OP make us feel, how discouraged I get at not being able to find work, after going through more training only to find that job market drying up. I will not apologize for the fact that I can not afford to relocate to a place that has a decent job market. Reading the OP makes on tempted to throw in the towel and hang ones head in shame, yet I refuse to give up.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

It's hard enough out there right now without the extreme radical right being degrading to their fellow man. People who have worked hard their entire life, just to be out of work during what is really the second great depression.

But the extreme radical right doesn't see it that way, they think that because they have a job, that everything is hunky dory for America. It's not. Jobs are still scarce as hell. You get one job opening and at least 50-100 people applying for that ONE job.

Now, the extreme radical right is screaming that ending the Bush tax cuts is going to hurt? Well, we have had those tax cuts in place this entire time and it certainly hasn't helped.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thank you.
For participating in the unemployment program which I drew from for a short while each time the last 6 business' I was working at shut their doors for good.
It helped.

Thank you again for contributing into social security, it really helped my father after he fell and broke his back, at work, then when his mill shut down and they sent the equipment overseas to start another mill to then send the steel back to us, they then cut his disability and social security was all he had until my mom could find a job.

Thanks once more for helping my mom when she lost everything right before she died of cancer, all of my parents savings, pensions and 401k monies were either pilfered or reduced to zero or assumed to cover medical expenses,(yes I gave all that I could as well while keeping my own families boat afloat) but thank you.

I know we dont directly see some of the real benefits that these programs bring, but they are there.
I'm thankful, I'm not a scavenging prick looking for an easy dollar to exploit like the protected corporations or unattending government agencies who laugh and waste the collective peoples labor away,
but I'm truly thankful,and not looking for pity.

I think we all need to be alittle careful we dont trade in our ability to show compassion and caring in order to continue to play a game set up for us that in the end you hold zero anyway.

Good luck to you and yours.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by thegoodearth

Does your sister understand what she is doing? Many do not. Does she realize that every social program she signs up for, litterally takes money away from somebody who is "putting in the hours"? Does she realize the other working Americans, not the Government, is paying for her lifestyle? Have you ever mentioned this?

You have GOT to be kidding or dangerously naive. These people know all of that! They know a free ride when they see and they take, never looking at the downside (and always blaming somebody/something else). I have a son that way. No social responsibility whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

This is one of those arguments that lies inherently in much larger problems that are completely out of our hands, Congress' hands, etc. Once again, you're arguing a moot point. Follow the money to the Fed. What happened to the bill to audit them? Killed. What happens to anyone who attempts to garner any REAL evidence and action against the FED? Silenced; and no I don't mean telling your neighbor and waving a sign around. Every Congress person knows what's up and they probably value their lives or the lives of their family so they don't make any great waves about it. They stump what we want to hear and then turn around and do what they want or what TPTB will allow. You asked me what I was going to do about it? Not a darn thing. There's nothing anyone can do. Oh, wait, write my Congressman? He's IN ON IT! If you haven't noticed on this forum, there is a large connected, coordinated, cohesive effort that is steaming down a path to a destination and they aren't handing out any itineraries to us. Even the dilligent researchers on here uncover incomprehensible, to the average Joe, scandals and plots, and yet really, what can the little people do? Exercise their illusion of choice? We really have absolutely no clue what is going on, and yet people such as yourself get on here and argue these frivolous things so others can pat you on the ego. Okay. Let's say you're right. There are leeches and there are, I'll admit. So? Now what. That's confirmed. Oh great one of wisdom and astute pointing out...what's the solution? There isn't one. There's a game being played and we're not part of it. We are a means to an end. See Transhumanism. Now I have to go to work so I can pay my tithes to the Church of the Fed. Good day!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Please sir,. can I have more?

Surely the pittance I have that only prevents me from starving on the street, can be helped with at least a napkin?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by Zaxxon

Thank you,

Thought I had made that clear, but was about to repeat just in case.

P.S. Found Zaxxon on a Wii download.

I hope you paid for that download, or at least have offered a Thank You to the programmers.

Just sayin'...

Man... I just cannot wait for money to be obsolete. Be it from war, technology or whatever, when people who have and sneer at the have nots, are on equal terms.

Roll on the future... or roll out the human race..

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I want no thanks for helping others in need.
i want no thanks for being blessed and able body
i want no thanks for being a human being who is glad to help others
i want no thanks for paying the taxes that are removed from me not of my choice
i want no thanks for the scandalous politicians who steal from the poor to give to the rich.
i want for people in society to never have to worry about where their next meal comes from
i want people to have roofs over their heads and am glad when programs are there to help
i want and am glad i am able to work and if my working helps another then that is good
people whom live on and use things that are provided by the system do not do so mostly out of choice but out of need.
i am pleased to see when countries provide housing and medical care the the people in need.
how selfish to want to be thanked for being a member of society that can be in the position to help those less fortunate.
so please dont thank me when i try to help individuals in need.
just smile and hopefully one day you will be able to help another also.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I have put much thought into this. I agree with this analysis to an extent. We were all very well cared for. What we took from this, as an example of the free will we are all born with, is what it is. We came to the fork in the road... I went left, she went right.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Oh, so interesting story. After reading the OP's post last night, I decided to check my Inbox because this was suspciously like one of the chain emails that my buddy from work sent me (because unlike some conservatives, I can have friends that cross political lines). Turns out it's exactly the same, word for word! Yes, this was a ripped off spam email from some conservative list serv, NOT the work of the OP on this thread. You nuts never seem to stop embarrassing yourselves, do you!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you. Thanks for remindng me what self-centered spoiled little piggies we can be sometimes. God forbid we help anyone besides ourselves in this world. I really hope that when the day comes and you need someone's help, they don't have your attitude. Good luck 'cos karma's a bitch.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Wow "word for word huh? You sir are full of crap. Please copy and post said spam which I "patsed". Is there likely other people who feel similar? Absolutely. To accuse me of blatant plagerism is something different.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join