It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An occasional "thank you" would be nice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
For me, my loved ones and my friends, who use no Social Programs whatsoever. For those of us that work 60-80 hours a week. Those of us who are not on food stamps, or medicaid. Those that did not buy into "cash for clunkers". Those of us who have not recieved one extra dollar from the federal government. I feel that those who have taken advantage of all these programs owe us a "thank you", and an "I'm sorry".

A "thank you", because every one of these social programs, come directly out of our pockets.

An "I'm sorry", because you were told from an early age what it would take to make it, and you ignored the advice. An "I'm sorry", because you are not willing to put in the work or hours to promote your own existense, therefore you "need" me.

You "need" me because I'm willing to do and must do the work you are unwilling to take care of to support yourself due of your lack of ambition so that I can not only live my life but help you survive as well.

All I'm saying is that, if you are going to milk me year after year, an occasional, "Thank You, and I'm Sorry" would make me feel better about getting robbed.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Though frankly I expect, no "I'm sorry's" Though just one "thank you" would be awesome.

+42 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I thank you, others and myself. I am on SSI and Medicaid - I am disabled and no longer able to work. I worked hard and paid into the system for 45 plus years. Please remember in your request for thanks that not everyone on assistance is just taking advantage of the system. Remember the veterans that fought for our country, the disabled and children that are unfortunate no matter why, they are still children and have needs. Just a friendly thank you reminder.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
please dont forget the aspect of raising, informing and shaping by parenting examples. not everyone has identical start-conditions to live.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

For those of us that work 60-80 hours a week. Those of us who are not on food stamps, or medicaid.

Those that have a job should count themselves as fortunate.

As for the second part of the quote; well, sometimes life has a way of throwing people a curve.

I just don't believe everybody on food stamps and medicaid are on it because they want to.

I thank you on behalf of those Americans who fell victims to greed and life's misfortune and have had to turn to social programs just to get by.

I'm sorry I had to point out the above.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I agree, however sometimes I think we are the "suckers" for not taking back what we put in. We are awashed with pride for never "taking" and don't even realize that there is a free-for-all and we are going to be the only ones with out when it's all said and done. I was talking to somebody just the other day, who had the attitude that s/he is going to take it wherever they can get it, since they themselves are being taken from.

With that being said, I'm not so sure which way to look at it now. Are we really the suckers here?

--airspoon

Edited to add:

Also, the very same system that has allowed some of us to benefit, has also forced others into a position where they need to take. It's not like it's a free and fair market. If we had a free-market economy and/or true capitalism, then I could easily blame those without but reality is that we don't come close to those ideals so the people "without" are that way because of those who are "with".

[edit on 10-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I thank you for your military service. I think that needed to be said first. Thought frankly you are a minority in the system. I meet preople every day who are far from your situation, are milking the system, are aware they are milking the system, and take great pleasure in it. Being a veteran, I not only thank you, I wish more of my money was going to you. THANK YOU!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

They don't. But that's when we have to rely on "teachers", another group who is paid soley by the tax-payer. Needs accountability. Though never will, if the unions have their way.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

True that, however, some people are just takers.

My parents were solid. Rock solid. That said.
I have a sibling who will not work. She halfheartedly looks for jobs, works for a few weeks, then quits... meanwhile, she always is asking for things, using her children for leverage. She uses food stamps as a barter system among her friends. She uses people, period. If someone is useful, she is their friend. If they outlast their usefulness, she drops them like a hot potato. This includes family members. If she emails or calls, it is with an agenda. She is not a nice person unless she gets her way. Very childish, immature, and not very bright.
She is on the system and will be until the system kicks her, kicking and screaming, off it. I doubt she will be giving anyone a thank you. She feels entitled.
I pray every day for her so hard. I really am bewildered as to how we came out of the same family. It is hurtful, quite frankly.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Ok, let's say at best 50% of people on social programs, actually need them/ deserve them. That still leaves 50% who are simply milking me, milking the system, and damaging society as a whole.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sitting in the same boat as you. Work 50 hours a week building houses, its a hot miserable job but am very thankful to have it. I don't look for thenk you's or I'm sorries because I would be waiting for a long long time and thats the way things are and always will be. The people that work do it because thats all they know, I have been doing this since I was 15 and am looking to get into something else but I will always be able to go back to construction. Whether it be a labor job or a desk job as long as people are being productive and not being a drain on the rest of us then do it. If you are an able bodied person then why not do something and not feel useless. Now before I get flamed from people who are currently collecting unemployment I understand where you are coming from, remember I am in the construction industry but I am unable to get unemployment because I am self-employed. I know what you're going through and know what its like to be out of work, it is a totally different thing to be laid off than to not look for a way to make a living and leech off of "government aid".

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Does your sister understand what she is doing? Many do not. Does she realize that every social program she signs up for, litterally takes money away from somebody who is "putting in the hours"? Does she realize the other working Americans, not the Government, is paying for her lifestyle? Have you ever mentioned this?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't take government money. So in essence, thanks, but no thanks.

(and don't worry, rumor is the 'useless eaters' will all be killed off within your lifetime, downside is you might be too).

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

She couldn't care less. She feels so sorry for herself that if anything happened in the world she would find some way to tie it to herself.
I am not being sarcastic when I say that I pray hard for her daily. She really is polar opposite to everything we were raised on.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by thegoodearth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

THANK YOU, for your service to our community. Without construction, we would not have homes, simple and sweet. You are an asset to this country. You have a true work ethic, and if you ever walked into my company, I would make sure you had a job immediately. You are an American Hero for what you do. You work your a$$ off. You take care of your responsibilities. You don't beg from the government or the Amereican People. You are a true American. Be proud, because I'm proud of you.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

What an odd reply. Please ellaborate, just too curious.

+13 more 
link   

hey buddy how about this!!!!!! i am a hard worker i work for everything i have and every one of my fellow men and woman who cant make it on their own ,and let me tell you i dont require a THANK YOU ! cause being part of the USA its your obligation , ill continue to work for the rest of my life without a THANK YOU , because a THANK YOU !!!!! means nothing just like that money thats in your pocket ! worry about your self and your family and get off your high horse and thinking like a selfish man , a real man would have never posted somthing so shameful , your somthing els dude..

link   

let's say at best 50% of people on social programs, actually need them/ deserve them.

You should have started off with this IMO.

The reality is that government/politicians allow this to happen.

Take walmart, one of the biggest business in the world. Many of their employees are on social programs.

In several states, Wal-Mart tops the list of employers with workers receiving public assistance such as food stamps and Medicaid.

www.dispatch.com...

How could this be for a company that makes billions in profit?

Of course, I doubt Walmart is the only big company that has employees on social programs.

And to be fair to walmart, one has to consider if the low prices they have help offset the cost of having their employees on social programs. Those same employees are bound to be walmart customers as well.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is such BS
He claims he never drives on a Federal funded Hwy
Never used a Federal Funded Bridge
Never gets Federal Funded Power to his house to turn on Lights
He does not educate his kids Federal funded schools
never uses the federal funded web or TV
does not use federal funded phones
lets move on to State funded stuff this guy is trying to convince us that he never uses.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

I think the "no taxes, no social programs" crowd forgets that our country actually has an infrastructure.

I think they take everything the government does for them for granted, and then get pissy when they see a little bit being deducted from their paychecks every week.

I also think they fail to realize how terrible this country would be without those federal programs, and how easily someone can 'fall from grace' and end up requiring a little help themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join