It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More U.S. girls starting puberty early

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
While fluoride could be a contributing factor I think it has more to do with the estrogen that's getting in to our water and food. It's also causing babies that would have been born boys to transform into girls in the womb.

Those scientists know perfectly well this is the cause. TPTB and the MSM are trying to keep the masses in the dark about this, although it's probably the most serious problem the world is facing at the moment.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
LOL such typical responses.

Paranoid
Short Sighted

Everyone always pulls out the cookie cutter, star-hungry responses in threads like this

"The government is POISONING US!!!!!!"

and everyone RUSHES OFF to star and flag the thread and posts.

Its quite hilarious...even more so when you consider the following:

We know very little about our own bodies
What triggers puberty?
Why do different people go through it at different times?

Who knows?

As life expectancy grows, wouldn't it be, at the very least, intelligent and rational to expect that things, like puberty, may be affected as well?

Medicine, Diet, Exercise, Environment.

All Different from most of the rest of the world, and all different from centuries past.

But nah - it must be the government, right?

Freaking Unbelievable.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Snarf. Why always saying nays? Are ye just as short sighted and naive as those with a different take?

I'm not saying the govt is poisoning us (even though by putting fluoride in the water they are doing just that. There is a reason you're not supposed to swallow toothpaste....).

Tell me oh wise one. What are the known adverse side effects of fluoride consumption? Oh I forgot you don't "do" factual analysis.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Sourdough4life
One word:

SOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all the estrogenic foods these girls eat. People blame it on meat but the hormones in meat are minuscule compared to soy.

No, plant derived estrogens are not processed in the same way as those produced within the body.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Soy is the culprit then Asians shouldn't exist. Their diet is heavy on the Soy. They are not sterile and puberty doesn't seem to be coming on early over in that part of the world.

Asians eat fermented soy as a condiment, it makes up maybe 1% of there calories. You can bet plant derived estrogen's have an effect on the body, there is no proof otherwise.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I for one am not sure this is happening to girls. If beast development is the only thing they are considering for early puberty then I think the studies are inconclusive. Lots of little girls have rounded breast, even babies - its baby fat or because they are a little chubby. Anyone know what else the study based this on?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sourdough4life

I'm sorry, but do you have some kind of evidence for that beyond Mercola and Natural News? dou-jiang is a staple in Chinese breakfast, natto, tofu among other things are widely consumed across asia. Edamane is a damn bar snack over there and it's unfermented. The Korean store is always overflowing with soy product. I've heard this touted all over the place, but it flies in the face of the experience I've had with every Asian person I've had dinner with.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I imagine this is a multifaceted issue, with more than one contributor.

That said, in the body I suspect that the culprit is influenced by insulin.

More women are having issues with fertility. More women are having issues with PCOS. Women with PCOS like symptoms without being PCOS have insulin resistance. More women have diabetes. Girls are hitting puberty earlier. Girls who start puberty earlier are more likely to have all the previous issues later on.

All of these can be traced to how the body is reacting to insulin.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Again, this can be directly linked to weight issues. The more fat one has the more estrogen one produces. This is why birth control is actually less effective in overweight women.
womenshealth.suite101.com...

You are correct about the fertility issues, but weight plays into that.
infertility.about.com...

The Insulin issue can stem from too much sugar in the diet. I have a few friends with PCOS and those who have lost weight did so by completely cutting out sugars in addition to taking medication.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by antonia]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I think growth hormones in meat might have alot to do with it as well so that should be included also.
We should also take a look at how many countries have hormones in the meat versus the ones that don't and the prevelance of early puberty in places with higher growth hormones.

means more and younger consumers.good news for Big Business.

They just banned almonds and raw milk and Don't GMO labels to be put on GM food.

i can just imagine in a few years girls being born fully formed.

in fact there was a baby girl being who had periods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

google it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Ever considered that the issue goes the other way? That the insulin issue is causing people to deal with sugars and fats in their diet differently, and crave food differently which adds to obesity.

The obesity issue may be in itself a symptom, not a cause.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

This is a chicken-egg argument. We don't have the information to answer it. There's a lot going on here.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is obviously proof of the pedophilic reptilian shapeshifters who are governing our society.

In the same sense that a frog can be brought to a boil without knowing it, they are lowering the age of puberty to secure their sick activities.

Forget your chemicals and what not. This is pure shapeshifting magic.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have seen the "bodyfat = boobs" argument before. I understand the science behind it, and cannot say it is inaccurate.

But two other major factors are not considered:

- food supply. Not only do we push more things like milk and yogurt (dairy full of hormones meant to make the cow grow big and strong), but we also feed ourselves meats that have hormones in it. Growth hormones meant to boost meat production.

- water supply. pharmaceuticals are flushed every day. In large amounts. And they are not then filtered out of the water. This not only leads to these chemicals being in our food supply, but also our water supply. Prozac, hormones, etc....all of it available at your tap.

I mean, when i see a girl who is 9, thin, and has big boobs you cannot tell me it is her obesity leading to it. It just does not follow.

Like GW, this is just science trying to throw out the silver bullet "fix" in hopes of catching a glimpse of their 15 minutes of fame by producing a sound bite. Nothing cable news loves more than sounding intelligent.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Another question: how come this is on every channel, and in every newspaper? Did it occur to all of these news outlets to run the same story at the same time?

This is further evidence that our "media" take their marching orders from further up the chain.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Another question: how come this is on every channel, and in every newspaper? Did it occur to all of these news outlets to run the same story at the same time?

This is further evidence that our "media" take their marching orders from further up the chain.

Did it occur to you that they all get it at the same time from news outlet services like the Associated Press and Reuters? This is precisely what a "story coming down the wire" refers to: News subscription services that news outlet corporations subscribe and pay fees to in order to get a bunch of news and create a program out of it.

... and another thing, what type of newspapers and news channels are you watching where they don't all report on basically the same stuff?

Don't forget, this story is also on ATS! The OP must be in cahoots with the conspiracy where news media outlets report on a lot of the same stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's all hype, and get recirculated about every 6 years or so. How do I know? I am a US woman who had an early puberty. This meant "real" as opposed to training bras, in third grade and having my first period in the fifth grade. Why? Who knows. Sometimes it just happens. I was also the tallest person in the school for most of the fifth and sixth grade, reaching 5 feet 4 inches.
It's the same height I am today, so it's not growth hormones. Could it be fluoride in the water? Doubtful, because I was the only one, although we all drank the same water. Hormones in the meat? Also doubtful. Different species, different hormonal responses.
Was it unusual? Yes, but no one was concerned except my big sister because I was bigger chested than she was.
Here's the kicker. I'm 49. So it's not even a new phenomena. Look at the facts, whether they be the math behind the statistics or the whole species-specific thing, from earlier posters. It's just speculation based on half-assed understanding on an otherwise slow news day.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Some interesting coverage of this study in the New York Times, with quotes from one of the researchers:

He said it was possible that environmental chemicals were also playing a role, and added that he and his colleagues were now studying the girls’ hormone levels and lab tests measuring their exposures to various chemicals.

“It’s certainly throwing up a warning flag,” Dr. Biro said. “I think we need to think about the stuff we’re exposing our bodies to and the bodies of our kids. This is a wake-up call, and I think we need to pay attention to it.”

First Signs of Puberty Seen in Younger Girls

Also, here's a link to the scientific abstract published in the journal Pediatrics:
Pubertal Assessment Method and Baseline Characteristics in a Mixed Longitudinal Study of Girls

I will be interested to see what their lab tests turn up. I'm skeptical that fluoride is to blame for this one, but I do wonder especially about things like pharmaceutics in the water supply and bisphenol.

edit: changed "article" to "abstract". The article is available at the link given, but only for subscribers.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Did it occur to you that they all get it at the same time from news outlet services like the Associated Press and Reuters? This is precisely what a "story coming down the wire" refers to: News subscription services that news outlet corporations subscribe and pay fees to in order to get a bunch of news and create a program out of it.

... and another thing, what type of newspapers and news channels are you watching where they don't all report on basically the same stuff?

Don't forget, this story is also on ATS! The OP must be in cahoots with the conspiracy where news media outlets report on a lot of the same stuff.

It is a shame when someone acts so snide, as if I am stupid or ignorant. It isn't like I don't have a history on this site of rational and logical discourse. But anyway....

Before you go any further, let me clarify: Yes, i am fully aware of the Gatekeepers of our nations mental programming. I know all too well how it works:

The gatekeeper decides which information will go forward, and which will not. In other words a gatekeeper in a social system decides which of a certain commodity – materials, goods, and information – may enter the system. Important to realize is that gatekeepers are able to control the public’s knowledge of the actual events by letting some stories pass through the system but keeping others out. Gatekeepers can also be seen as institutions or organizations. In a political system there are gatekeepers, individuals or institutions which control access to positions of power and regulate the flow of information and political influence. Gatekeepers exist in many jobs, and their choices hold the potential to color mental pictures that are subsequently created in people’s understanding of what is happening in the world around them. Media gatekeeping showed that decision making is based on principles of news values, organizational routines, input structure and common sense. Gatekeeping is vital in communication planning and almost al communication planning roles include some aspect of gatekeeping.

I am also fully aware of previous examples of the Collusion Of Media that have occurred, as journalists attempt to sway public opinion by using the tactic of "frequency = validity", where there is a perceived consensus among a circle of journalists.

Corporate media ownership creates a very narrow bottleneck through which the information flows. My post was a comment on the obviousness of this, as the same "scientific interest" story ran through every single outlet.

It seems that you understand that this bottleneck exists. Yet, for some strange reason, you are not alarmed by it. This is frightening, because I sense that it is a mindset shared by a majority of the free world.

You DO understand that "freedom" implies "choice", right? Without choice, what good does freedom do you?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It has everything to do with Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH).

Normally puberty is onset in girls aged 12-13.

www.livescience.com...

www.drgreene.com...

www.associatedcontent.com...

www.childgrowthfoundation.org...

Now tell me: why are the globalist elite spiking dairy and meat products with bovine growth hormone?

They want to sexualize young girls at an earlier age, i.e. at 8-9 years old.

What pedophiles they are.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is absolutely the result of "environmental estrogens," and they are found everywhere (xenoestrogens in chemicals and phytoestrogens in plants and foods) - plastic bottles, dry cleaning chemicals, pesticides, livestock antibiotics, cosmetics, product packaging, growth hormones, soy, black cohosh (that's why it sometimes helps with menopausal symptoms), synthetic hormone replacement therapies (HRT) and the list goes on and on....

While the government may or may not be "poisoning" us, the FDA sure as hell isn't protecting us (though they are protecting corporate interests).

This is indeed a very complex issue. I have a small aromatherapy business (no bashing, please) and started researching hormonal imbalances a year or so ago. The FDA has been at the top of my s-list for some time now and this just proves my case against them even further. The research is solid and consistently shows a significant correlation between products in the environment, levels in the body and hormonal imbalances.

PLEASE realize that this is NOT just about "blaming" the government or girls "just" starting periods sooner - girls starting puberty at that age are at risk for a number of health problems, primarily because their bodies have not matured enough to deal with the changes - this is about increases in breast, cervical and uterine cancers, adenomyosis fibroid tumors, diabetes (xenoestrogens provoke insulin resistance), increased risk of diseased, imbalances in other major hormones which leads to a host of other problems.

In the last two generations, girl have started an average of two years sooner than the generation before - think about when much of this started to appear in our environment - do the math - think about your own experience (ok, not you, guys), think about your daughters'.

This should not be a surprise to anyone over 40 - the FDA has long approved all kinds of things without knowing what they really do, or what they will do in the future. The "research" submitted to them for product approval is, of course, filtered and selective to suit the submitter's interest. And it's not like we don't hear "opps" on a near-daily basis (Oh - did you know that the same company that made agent orange and Roundup is the same company that has genetically modified nearly all of the soybean in our country and shot up most of the livestock with antibiotics and hormones? - Comfy thought, huh?)

PLEASE don't dismiss this without at least looking into it yourself. We have really screwed ourselves up with many of our modern products, drugs, devices and foods - and our kids and grandkids are going to be the ones to really suffer (don't get me started on what the "ban tropical oils" campaign did to us - all for the benefit of the American Soybean Association...).

I'm sure I'll get slammed as a paranoid hippie or whatever, but slam away - I still hope you look into it.

sorry - I really need to try and stay off these boxes...

[edit on 8/10/10 by sjrily]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join