It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More U.S. girls starting puberty early

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

More U.S. girls starting puberty early

edition.cnn.com

Girls in the United States are entering puberty at earlier ages than they have in the past, a new study reports.

More than 10 percent of white 7-year-old girls in the study, which was conducted in the mid-2000s, had reached a stage of breast development marking the start of puberty, compared to just 5 percent in a similar study conducted in the early 1990s.

Experts aren't sure what's behind the increase in earlier puberty
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Sianara]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Now this is an interesting article from CNN, what strikes me is the apparent lack of mention of Fluoride which has been studied on animals to cause an earlier onset of puberty

animals treated with fluoride had lower levels of circulating melatonin, as reflected by reduced levels of melatonin metabolites in the animals' urine. This reduced level of circulating melatonin was accompanied - as might be expected - by an earlier onset of puberty in the fluoride-treated female animals.

www.fluoridealert.org...

If you search on Google: +Fluoride +Puberty
you get more than half a million results
so this is no conspiracy.
www.google.com...

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Sianara]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think growth hormones in meat might have alot to do with it as well so that should be included also.
We should also take a look at how many countries have hormones in the meat versus the ones that don't and the prevelance of early puberty in places with higher growth hormones.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Haven't they been apparantly poisoning us with fluoride for over half a century or something now and it's only just making females hit puberty earlier, also the males are drinking the same water, why is it not affecting them ?

Personally I think the onset of puberty has alot more to do with psychology and surroundings with the brain releasing the chemicals based on some kind of trigger effect.

[edit on 9/8/10 by Discotech]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I would have to agree that it has more to do with hormones than fluoride. I was under the impression that fluoride would not cause growth but that large amounts were actually bad for ones bone structure.

Certainly, that despite what the cause might be there has been an increase in early puberty.

Raist

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I agree.
I thought the whole flouride thing was supposed to supress the pineal gland or something.
Early puberty...I will go out on a limb and say its the meat first.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field

ooops... my bad

all fixed now

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Good post. Thank you. We do need to start an open rapport concerning the use of fluoride in our waters and the damage it is most likely causing. You are correct in that several studies have shown that fluoride causes the early onset of puberty. It also can cause cancers, calcification, brain damage, kidney damage, and many other negative health effects. It may also make people more docile and stupid.

Their have been studies conducted on the effects of fuoride since the 1880s and funny enough the few major studies that showed beneficial effects of fluoride for the most part have been shown to have some serious issues. Many for instance, were initiated and paid for by people who would stand to gain from positive findings. And still more have suffered from improper methodology or outright tampering.

As we move forward more communities have begun to add fluoride to their water supplies including my very own city just last year. This could lead to many more "sick and stupid" people.

And personally anything used in prisons and concentration camps being used to calm the populace, is not something I want in my drinking water.

S&F.

Edit for S&G.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Following on from the points raised by DrumsRfun and Raist:

I found this article in the paper just now. It concerns Chinese baby girls growing breasts and the blame is being put on the powdered milk they have been fed with. Not quite the same thing as you are talking about, but I think it may be relevant, at least as another possibility:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

As experts tried to pin down the source of the hormones that resulted in babies growing breasts, a dairy association said the hormones could have entered the food chain when farmers reared the cattle.

'Since a regulation forbidding the use of hormones to cultivate livestock has yet to be drawn up in China, it would be lying to say nobody uses it,' said Mr Wang Dingmian, the former chairman of the dairy association in the southern province of Guangdong.
Two years ago Chinese dairy products were recalled worldwide after it was revealed that melamine, used to make plastics, was widely and illegally added to the products to give the appearance of higher protein.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by berenike]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

If you are going to look at whats in the water,you should also look at what aluminum does.
In areas with a higher aluminum content there is also a higher level of dementia.
I think the water affects the brain and the meat affects our growth process.
Flouride affects the brain...aluminum affects the brain...both are in our water.
Look at the meat and what they put in it and tell me what you get.
Good thread.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Raist

I agree.
I thought the whole flouride thing was supposed to supress the pineal gland or something.
Early puberty...I will go out on a limb and say its the meat first.

no, quite the opposite, check out some of the google links, there were a lot of scientific studies that have been done now and all lead to the conclusion that Fluoride causes early puberty in animal studies.

The Effect of Fluoride on the Physiology of the Pineal Gland
By Jennifer Anne Luke, 1997

the results do suggest that the HF females had an accelerated onset of puberty as judged by several indices of pubertal development in rodents. At 7 weeks, the HF females were significantly heavier than the LF females (p < 0.004); as heavy as the HF males and LF males. The ventral gland in the HF female developed significantly earlier than in the LF female (p < 0.004). Vaginal opening occurred earlier in the HF female than in the LF female (p

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Sianara

If you are going to look at whats in the water,you should also look at what aluminum does.
In areas with a higher aluminum content there is also a higher level of dementia.
I think the water affects the brain and the meat affects our growth process.
Flouride affects the brain...aluminum affects the brain...both are in our water.
Look at the meat and what they put in it and tell me what you get.
Good thread.

yes good point, also from what i understand, Fluoride is a byproduct of Aluminium, so its interesting that both affect the brain.

have you seen an oldie but a goodie called the fluoride deception?
it goes into the history of fluoridation and how it is a waste product

thats part one, if you click the video, you will find the other 2 parts

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Bash Alex Jones all you want but he said that girls were hitting puberty early because of all the crap we put in our food and water.
WILD CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!
Yes, there is a conspiracy.
And it's not being carried out by loudmouths with bullhorns either.
GM crops = GM people

Doubleplus ungood!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It could also be attributed to Bisphenol A

A 2008 report by the U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP) later agreed with the panel, expressing "some concern for effects on the brain, behavior, and prostate gland in fetuses, infants, and children at current human exposures to bisphenol A," and "minimal concern for effects on the mammary gland and an earlier age for puberty for females in fetuses, infants, and children at current human exposures to bisphenol A."

They say 'minimal concern', which means to me that there is evidence to support thet is does affect puberty age. How they can judge the amount of exposure a person will have over a lifetime when it's in so many products and count it 'minimal' is anyones guess. At the end of the day, if it has ANY adverse affects at all, especially on sexual reproduction and health, it should not be allowed at any level.

Bisphenol A Human Health Risks

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

Did they mention what their diet was??
Did they both eat the same thing?
Were they from the same country and same conditions??

Interesting link.
It did bring up cows which was what i was looking for and hoping to find a mention of.

Cow's milk, like human milk, contains low levels of F (0.017 mg/L) even when F is added to the cow's food or drinking water (McClure, 1949). Breast-fed infants (or infants bottle-fed with cow's milk) are in negative F-balance: more F is excreted in the urine than is ingested in the diet.

It might contain low levels of flouride but how much growth hormone??

Thanks again for the thread...it needs to be looked at further.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

I was just rooting about investigating BPA too.

It turns out that this can be found in many toys including, ironically, Barbie dolls.

Poor kids are being bombarded on so many levels.

Links:

www.mindfully.org...

www.theeducatedmommy.com...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by berenike]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
From my source.

Almost all beef cattle entering feedlots in the United States are given hormone implants to promote faster growth.
Today, there are six anabolic steroids given, in various combinations, to nearly all animals entering conventional beef feedlots in the U.S. and Canada:

* Three natural steroids (estradiol, testosterone, and progesterone), and
* Three synthetic hormones (the estrogen compound zeranol, the androgen trenbolone acetate, and progestin melengestrol acetate).

Anabolic steroids are typically used in combinations. Measurable levels of all the above growth-promoting hormones are found at slaughter in the muscle, fat, liver, kidneys and other organ meats. The Food and Drug Administration has set "acceptable daily intakes" (ADIs) for these animal drugs.

www.organicconsumers.org...

Do I trust the FDA??
They are just another paid corporation that will legalize anything as long as they get paid.
Acceptable intakes for food????
I thought it was acceptable to eat what you want in moderation...but beef in moderation because of animal drugs??

Steroids make bigger boobs and fast!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
of course the early puberty is just one of the many problems with fluoride.
just in case some of you are not aware of fluoride facts,

Let me educate you

Most Western European countries are not fluoridated and have experienced the same decline in dental decay as the US

The largest survey ever conducted in the US (over 39,000 children from 84 communities) by the National Institute of Dental Research showed little difference in tooth decay among children in fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities

Where fluoridation has been discontinued in communities from Canada, the former East Germany, Cuba and Finland, dental decay has not increased but has actually decreased

The level of fluoride put into water (1 ppm) is up to 200 times higher than normally found in mothers' milk

Fluoride is a cumulative poison. On average, only 50% of the fluoride we ingest each day is excreted through the kidneys. The remainder accumulates in our bones, pineal gland, and other tissues

Rats fed for one year with 1 ppm fluoride in their water, using either sodium fluoride or aluminum fluoride, had morphological changes to their kidneys and brains, an increased uptake of aluminum in the brain, and the formation of beta amyloid deposits which are characteristic of Alzheimers disease

Animal experiments show that fluoride accumulates in the brain and exposure alters mental behavior in a manner consistent with a neurotoxic agent

Rats dosed prenatally demonstrated hyperactive behavior

studies from China show a lowering of IQ in children associated with fluoride exposure

skeletal fluorosis, a fluoride-induced bone and joint disease that impacts millions of people

The only government-sanctioned animal study to investigate if fluoride causes cancer, found a dose-dependent increase in cancer in the target organ of the fluoride-treated rats. The initial review of this study also reported an increase in liver and oral cancers

A review of national cancer data in the US by the National Cancer Institute revealed a significantly higher rate of bone cancer in young men in fluoridated versus unfluoridated areas

Fluoride administered to animals at high doses wreaks havoc on the male reproductive system - it damages sperm and increases the rate of infertility in a number of different species

Fluoridation is unethical because individuals are not being asked for their informed consent prior to medication. This is standard practice for all medication, and one of the key reasons why most of western Europe has ruled against fluoridation

Sodium fluoride is an extremely toxic substance -- just 200 mg of fluoride ion is enough to kill a young child

Some of the earliest opponents of fluoridation were biochemists and at least 14 Nobel Prize winners are among numerous scientists who have expressed their reservations about the practice of fluoridation

and the list goes on

Link

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Below is a good article, talks about all the different hormones and chemicals involved in food production, the chemicals in plastics, the child's weight even has an affect.

articles.mercola.com...

Early puberty is really, really stressful for the parents also, it was bad enough when your kids are hormonal at their teenage years, now their hormones are raging when they don't have the maturity to handle it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Umm... I wouldn't blame this 100% on chemicals. I'd say it has a lot to do with evergrowing sexuality in pop culture. It's more and more prevalent every day and it puts thoughts into these young girls heads, and those thoughts turn into rapid hormone production. Think about it.

I can't even think of a wholesome role model for kids these days, not like it was 20 years ago when I was a kid.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by havenvideo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join