It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More U.S. girls starting puberty early

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Implanted or injected hormones like testosterone, trenbolone, estradoil, etc, are not orally active and bovine growth hormone isn't going to affect you unless you're a man/cow hybrid.

There are other things environmentally that can have an affect but endocrine hormones are fragile things, and growth hormones are species specific. I wish you could get your daily dose of trenbolone from eating meat lol sadly, no.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

Just a thought perhaps it has to do with evolution and natural process. As time passes by humans evolve and body functions changes.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I was going to point that out. Good thing you did it.

Really, if it was Moo Juice and beef doing this I should have been in puberty by age 8. I've regularly drank at least 2 cups of milk each day since I was a toddler. Nor was it something people forced on me. I just like milk. My mother fed us copious amounts of beef. I didn't even grow boobs until I was 20. Years ago they were actually selling bovine hormones in pill form in women's magazines as breast enhancement pills. They never worked.

There is most likely something else at play here. I will tell you kids clothing is very adult these days. I honestly think a lot of this has to do with an increased pressure to be "adult".

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
One word:

SOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all the estrogenic foods these girls eat. People blame it on meat but the hormones in meat are minuscule compared to soy.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So they just aired a segment on CNN about this and the lady spoke of hormones in foods and in packaging.
Well for starters I don't at all buy the Fluoride thing, That is a mood altering agent. of which is also the base product in Prozac.

What this lady was speaking of is SOY and BPA
Soy is a natural estrogen, and if people would do some research they would find that SOY is Almost in everything. read some labels on the foods you commonly eat.
Breads
mayonnaise
beef jerky
Peanut butter
quick dinners
frozen foods
soups
salad dressings
Ect.Ect.Ect.
And the BPA,. is a plastic agent that acts as estrogen.

This product is packaging that is in direct contact with foods.
Soup cans
baby bottles
soda cans
Beer cans
cardboard containers like
milk containers
frozen dinners
ect ect,.

Also a reason why men are loosing testosterone at an early age
Soy is now linked to sterility in lab mammals
what might it be doing to the human babies?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sourdough4life
One word:

SOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all the estrogenic foods these girls eat. People blame it on meat but the hormones in meat are minuscule compared to soy.

No, plant derived estrogens are not processed in the same way as those produced within the body.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Soy is the culprit then Asians shouldn't exist. Their diet is heavy on the Soy. They are not sterile and puberty doesn't seem to be coming on early over in that part of the world.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
So what. It's puberty, not the end of the world. Hitting puberty at 7 doesn't mean you're going to start popping out babies at 8.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Stress and body fat have an impact on when it starts. Guys are starting sooner as well.

High sugar/fat diet probably contributes to it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Sourdough4life
One word:

SOY!!!!!!!!!!!

No, plant derived estrogens are not processed in the same way as those produced within the body.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Soy is the culprit then Asians shouldn't exist. Their diet is heavy on the Soy. They are not sterile and puberty doesn't seem to be coming on early over in that part of the world.

Doesn't asia have a over population of females?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Doesn't asia have a over population of females?

REally?? I'm going!!

Seriously though....The OP's article is alarmist and should be put in to perspective.

This study doesn't have enough data to conclude anything. When looking at statistical data to create an actual growth curve you need more than two sets of data in a group.

To analyse the data if you had say a minimum of three sets of data you could plot a mean curve that could generate a trend.

In other words the data may be 10% positive from one point to another but in the overall group should there be lots of data sets within the group could be defined as a 0% growth.

An example.

7 11 3 9 1 15 7 14 2 6 3

The mean of this group is just over 7.

but if we were to look at just the first two numbers in the group, you would infer there is roughly a 34% rise. When in actuality the growth is next to Zero.

Do you follow?

all the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

well as stated earlier
it made CNN news today

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Korg Trinity

well as stated earlier
it made CNN news today

Mostly due to people knowing nothing about math. CNN is just as desperate as any station for content and if it sounds important they will give it air time.

But as demonstrated there simply isn't enough data to conclude anything.

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No, China actually has an overpopulation of males since they tend to kill the girls. I'm surprised you haven't heard of that considering it's been news for the last 5 years. China and India constitute the bulk of the Asian population. India's rates of male to females are pretty even. There are always more women than men on the planet though as women tend to live longer. Female is also the default position for all zygotes. If the energy requirements are not met then the zygote reverts to female. Soy is not the culprit in that regard.

As for Soy being responsible for lowered male sperm counts: you do realize most males in the U.S. are overweight and a large portion are obese? This cannot in truth be blamed on soy. Remember Asians eat far more than we do and they don't seem to have an obesity problem (overall anyway, there does seem to be a problem in the cities where they sell westernized foods)..

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

could be all the hormones that they gave to our milk producing cows. mabe the girls that did mature faster drank and ate alot of dairy products.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Do you have any idea where they live?

Any phone numbers? The way I see it, the more opportunities, the better!

(And if the Mods object, YOU are being unabashedly retarded. If you will allow this post, then you should have no qualms about allowing legitimate replies.)

[edit on 9-8-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EFGuy
Just a thought perhaps it has to do with evolution and natural process. As time passes by humans evolve and body functions changes.

I thought this might be the case too but the way I understood it modern girls have been developing later than our earlier ancestors. Something about longer life expectancy, better nutrition etc.

I would think it's either all the hormones in the water from birth control pills/hormone replacement therapy or an overall increase in body weight. I believe a girl needs to be around 100 lbs before puberty kicks in. Are 7 year old girls weighing in at 100 lbs. these days?

We just had a huge portion of our population, baby boomers, going through the change. I would imagine quite a few used hormone replacement therapy. Considering birth control is used by the majority of younger women, I would say there is probably a lot of hormones finding its way into the water supply. This might also explain the feminization of males.

Originally posted by antonia

I have to agree. Another point that could be made regarding weight is the Asian population seems to maintain a lower body weight compared to the average American.

Idk but this is not good. Would these girls go through the change earlier?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

The body weight issue is probably where this stems from. And yes, I have seen some 100 pound 7 year olds. I am curious as to the locations of most of these cases and if the states have high rates of obesity. As for the birth control issue, I can see it affecting a small part of the population, but it's been in use since the late 60's. We should have been seeing this a lot earlier if it was simply birth control pills.

Now, it is known as one gains weight they tend to be more "feminine" in chemical makeup. Is the weight gain because of the estrogen or is the estrogen in response to the weight gain? I dunno.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Alex Jones isn't the only one stating this.
There are many more credible people who have been warning people about this for years.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Both flouride and grown hormones have been in use since the 50's.

How are hospitals and medical professionals disposing of expired pharmaceuticals ?

They are being flushed down the toilet.

What we are seeing are the long term impact of pharmaceuticals and hormones being introduced into the water supply.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Early puberty is a problem if it also means that the biological clock, as far as being able to have children before a certain age, moves up as well. It could also mean shorter life expectancies in these young females as well.

I wonder if this is the same thing that causes men to have breast tissue growth, I don’t remember the medical term for it, as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join