It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation, plague, and fires: foreign embassies urgently evacuate staff from Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why do we cook our food? Because it kills germs and viruses.

So a bio-weapon factory burning down, should not cause any significant issues from germs or viruses.

But, if there are various chemicals around the facility that may pose some serious problems. And I am sure they have a lot.

So, I would be a little less worried about germs or viruses escaping from a Biopreparat facility.

Fire + bugs = dead bugs.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If you go to maps.geog.umd.edu... you can download a 24hr or 48 hr KML map layer of fires/hotspots for Google Earth. It doesn't look too good...

[edit on 8/9/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The "Damned Russia is Burning" article was authored by:

Boris Vladimirovich Stomakhin (Russian: Борис Владимирович Стомахин) (born August 24, 1974, Moscow) is a Russian radical political activist, and editor of "Radical politics" periodical. He was convicted to five years in prison on charges of inciting ethnic hatred and making public appeals for extremist activity. The conviction is questioned by human rights protection organizations ARTICLE 19, Committee to Protect Journalists, and Union of Councils for Soviet Jews.

It was a letter sent to:

Department of Letters
Kavkaz Center

The "War on US" article(s) are posted by:

Sorcha Faal - Internet Hoax Queen Courtesy of David Booth
On almost a weekly basis some outrageous claim is made in an ATS thread, and usually the topic is centered on the demise of civilization as we know it. Here are some recent threads that are based on Sorcha Faal's "research" and "insight."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There surely must be some Russians on this site to tell us more. I don't think it's as bad as reported by articles posted so far. But at least lets keep off known hoax sites and blogs.

[edit on 9/8/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Kazkaz center ????

These guys are muslim fundamentalists who always wish death and destruction on russia.

Seems like they are hoping that situation get worse

I would suggest don't use jihadist website, possibly funded by CIA

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
If you go to maps.geog.umd.edu... you can download a 24hr or 48 hr KML map layer of fires/hotspots for Google Earth. It doesn't look too good...

But the impression created by this image is slightly artificial, because largish icons are being imposed on a small-scale map.
On a large-scale map the gaps between the fires might be more obvious.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It seems we may be on the same wavelength about this being an attack on Russia, but I am in the thinking that there is an attack on Pakistan too;

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
just got to thinking

this incident could make Moscow
look like a ghost town if it's true.

But I haven't seen any reports from hospitals
for people with plague symptoms.

Something is sinister here

are there any public cameras in Moscow
where we can get a live feed to confirm
all these folks leaving or the fires or smoke?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

I have a friend in Moscow who I talked to two days ago. He did not tell me about any nuclear reactor being burnt down. He was instructed to remain indoors because of smog, though, and he explained that this was the hottest summer they had seen in 130 years.

I will talk to him again as soon as I can and see what he has to say. He is not an expert but he lives there.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Thanks that is the kind of information which we seriously need to hear to weed out the good news from the propaganda.

The video above just made me so so sad to think that even the cops were out in traffic without proper face gear. The pregnant woman almost made me loose it.

What can we do? If this happen there it will most certainly happen here too.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The last message I got from Moscow was:

We've been advised to stay inside as the smog levels are at very toxic levels, but I am okay and am prepared to flee if necessary. If anything should happen I'll do my best to inform you.

I've sent another message asking about nuclear reactor burns and for another update on his situation (since he was actually in Moscow). A good sign is that I am communicating to him via internet so he still has that ability, so despite the pollution Moscow's infrastructure must be alright.

I'll update you guys if/when I get a response.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
meanwhile CNN and Fox News
remain silent !!!!
WTH ????

Maybe because the fires have not burned down any nuclear or bio-weapon facilities. I refuse to believe this nonsense until someone provides a better source.

What is with you people?

All of you that are hell bent on world destruction, please try focusing that energy on things of a positive nature for a change. Even close ATS for a short time. *GASP*

Your constant silent begging for hell to break loose on Earth cannot be healthy to your mental well-being.

I say these things in earnest concern.

Pz.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

It seems we may be on the same wavelength about this being an attack on Russia, but I am in the thinking that there is an attack on Pakistan too;

Holy #! There's a fire in my neighbors yard!! Run for the hills granny!!...

AAHH! My small rural town must be under terrorist (I hate that word. You know, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter) attack! Oh knoes!

...Um nevermind, he's just burning some copper to sell as scrap.

Tough time's we're living in here, but please don't add to the climate of fear that is being forced upon the good people of this planet Earth.

Look, there is too much fear and unease in this world already, without people like 95% of the contributors of this thread adding to it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
THere is some bad fires in Russia and some high temperatures. There's a lotta smog. Its not a great place to be at the moment.

Radiation and plague?

The sources been mentioned on this thread are useless.

Unless the title is changed to Fire/SMog affects russia I think this is really a HOAX thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
The last message I got from Moscow was:

We've been advised to stay inside as the smog levels are at very toxic levels, but I am okay and am prepared to flee if necessary. If anything should happen I'll do my best to inform you.

I've sent another message asking about nuclear reactor burns and for another update on his situation (since he was actually in Moscow). A good sign is that I am communicating to him via internet so he still has that ability, so despite the pollution Moscow's infrastructure must be alright.

I'll update you guys if/when I get a response.

Don't be scaring your mate in Russia with the BS thats been written on here.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

They ignored the warning. It sat there and hovered for hours! They knew what was going to happen and they 'all" ignored it. Now look, mass panic and many generations will be altered. Many will die from being to close to the location. Why is it, the higher powers in the political chain refuse the warnings and signs. It was obvious to me - coinciding with the spiral as well. Shame

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

It clearly comes from someone with a heart full of bitterness and hatred. Funny how they spew such vile thoughts while believing they have the moral highground.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

Kazkaz center ????

Why don't you tell us what Kavkaz means. For a start.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whatever the facts turn out to be, I just don't believe this is accidental.

The satan idolators at Bohemian Grovers have just finished their annual frolics, I have been waiting for us to be hit with something dramatic.

I feel so for the Russian people. Like ordinary people everywhere, they just want a peacful life and they are the ones being most hurt.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I agree it's important not to dwell on the negative...yet at the same time your avatar is an image which suggests disaster and doom.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Maybe this is to keep Russia busy when Israel/USA attacks Iran?

Just a theory.

Anyways thanks OP this was a great find, I am hoping that these Russian people be kept safe. Stay strong!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join