It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation, plague, and fires: foreign embassies urgently evacuate staff from Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, as far as MSM, RT is one cable news network to watch. Some cable networks in the US get that. And keep talking to people you know there. It does look very bad.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If that map of the forest fires is up to date then you will se it's not only Russia but Georgia, Lithuania etc so it's not just a "Russian Conspiracy" arson outbreak :/

The reason for the huge amount of fires is the ground. The soil is rich in peat and the heat simply burns underground and can spring up anywhere (It was shown in an RT clip where the reporter said the smouldering floor suddenly re-ignited itself)

In relation to the PLAGUE / RADIATION outbreak from a reactor or airbase, I suspect it to be highly unlikely. I mean since Chernobyl most countries installed Radiation sensors for such an event to detect airborne levels.

And the amount of personal Dosimeters and Geigercounters sold since then ensures that a lot of journalists/ bloggers etc would have their devices going postal around those areas and they would be posting videos/ blogs etc.

It's just a case of wait and see. I prefer to watch Russia Today rather than my own news channels and they have followed the events of the fire for a few weeks (So have I
)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Well, as far as MSM, RT is one cable news network to watch. Some cable networks in the US get that. And keep talking to people you know there. It does look very bad.

If you really want to see RT anywhere just go to their channel on youtube and click the "LIVE" button up on the top right, it will stream the channel as it is on tv

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I find it interesting that on the Eve of a possible attack on Iran, the fires give an excuse for NATO embassies to evacuate.

Really, US, Canadian embassies evacuating because of smoke? You know their embassy compounds have independent water, power, and air filtration.

And I am sure the fires burning are arson just like the ones in Southern California are every year.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ctankep

Thanks. I have it on cable and watch it a lot. You can get some very interesting perspectives there. They cover things our MSM won't touch.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have to jump on the wagon with the thought of all this being purposely started to "keep" Russia busy. By whom? Not sure yet could be multiple culprits. I would defintely look towards U.S. or that country that begins with an I. Like previous posters have stated that is alot of fires and smells of arson. Who knows maybe it was a disgruntled Russian who set it or a careless accident I'm sure as always happens time will tell. Haven't seen anything about the Nuclear side of things reported except for that article already referenced.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Ctankep

Thanks. I have it on cable and watch it a lot. You can get some very interesting perspectives there. They cover things our MSM won't touch.

Yeah I always choose to watch it now. They have good little documentries running aswell.

When I turned back to my native news channels I was informed on the delights of X-factor :/ Just goes to show eh?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Russia participated in spraying chemtrails? A friend of mine last night said to me that they havent sprayed in Russia. I dont know if this is true or not, but he speculated that the intense heat and dryness could be due to not having sprayed a chemical solar shield into their upper atmosphere.
Looking at the global fire map:

maps.geog.umd.edu...

There are a tremendous amount of fires world wide, Is it possible that these places were not sprayed? and if so, is it possible that their not being sprayed made them vulnerable to fires due to the abnormal solar radiation? and that the places that were sprayed have a higher level of protection?

It would be fasinating to develope upon this and see where it may lead.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
novinite.com...

The embassies of Poland, Austria and Canada have withdrawn a large number of their diplomats in Moscow because of the thick smog cause by the wildfires in Russia.

The Russian radio “Echo of Moscow” announced Sunday that Moscow continues to be consumed in thick smog and the level of carbon monoxide are 6,5 times more than the maximum allowable concentration.........

Russia’s biggest concern is that the fires may unleash toxic substances in nuclear plants or in areas with a high level of toxicity, like the relatively close located Ukrainian nuclear power plant Chernobyl.

But it also says that more fires are being put out then started.

I checked to make sure this was a credible news source.

en.wikipedia.org...(Sofia_News_Agency)

It is the largest Bulgarian news provider in English.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ctankep

If you really want to see RT anywhere just go to their channel on youtube and click the "LIVE" button up on the top right, it will stream the channel as it is on tv

Cheers dude
This RT news seems a lot better than the rubbish here in the UK.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

Kazkaz center ????

Why don't you tell us what Kavkaz means. For a start.

Kavkaz (кавказ in Russian) just means "Caucaus", as in the Caucaus region, which has several traditionally Muslim areas/peoples, which is probably why this site is filled with anti-Russian rhetoric and propaganda.

I talk to my parents and brother on a nearly daily basis, all living near the Ploschad Revolutsii (Revolution Square) Metro in the middle of downtown Moscow (about as close as you can be to Red Square and not actually live in Red Square). All they've mentioned is smog and heat. No mass casualities, no radiation, no plague.

Why do people on ATS get so worked up over things that are so easily proven wrong? It's like half the population on this site live by knee-jerk reactions.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
From what I'm hearing from Russian friends, there doesn't seem to be too much panic and the so called media posted here is just sensationalizing the event. The Russian people are doing their thing and living their lives as normal.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d16134b14d0.jpg[/atsimg]

Moscow doctor: ''Corpses are piled standing in basement, refrigerators are full''
Publication time: 8 August 2010, 14:40

A Moscow doctor testified in his diary about mass death of Russians in Moscow. She writes:

"All windows are open in the building; smoke is in corridors, wards, operating rooms, procedure rooms, dressings, toilets and mostly in the staffrooms - the same smoke as in the street. Windows are closed in the intensive care unit, but fumes are diminished by that, but there is a stench from bandages and defecation rotting at 40 degrees centigrade.

17 patients died in the hospital over the past day. 16 were dead a day before. 65 corpses for the past day were brought in the hospital morgue this morning - plus our "non-judicial bodies" from nearby houses. Corpses are piled in the basement in a standing position, refrigerators are already full.

Ambulances deliver a lot of aged patients with heat stroke. Under threat of dismissal, ambulance doctors are forbidden to diagnosis "heat stroke, overheating" (because we have no hot weather in our city, everything is fine).

We, too, do not make such diagnosis - we do not want to be fired, we have families and there would be nothing to feed them in that case, and we cannot do anything else but to heal the sick.

If a state of emergency is proclaimed, the medical personnel on duty is paid a double salary, but there will not be a state of emergency proclaims in our city, we are fine - and, in addition, Russia could suddenly go broke. The situation is similar in all Moscow hospitals. Except in the Central Clinical Hospital for VIPs. The distance to the Kremlin from our hospital in a straight line is at most 10 km.

Horror is happening on the territory of the hospital. I can not see the Ward # 1 from my post. There is literally nothing to breathe. The smoke is in the operating rooms. There is only one air-conditioner in the staffroom, but it began leaking the smoke. Bed-sheets on windows and fixing joints with medical plasters do not help.

Almost everybody died in the intensive care unit during the last day. In general, I understand the dead and even envy them - there are refrigerators in the morgue, but there is not enough space there, and we sadly joked this morning, asking a doctor on duty, who had come to the autopsy - "Do you still have anybody alive in your unit?".

The smoke in wards is similar to that in the street, but there are no air conditioners in the wards. If you put a healthy person for a night under the smoke, he will hardly survive by the morning, not to mention the patients.

If this is true this is the worst fatal fire I have ever heard of. OMG, what is happening worldwide?

www.kavkazcenter.com...

And yet the only people to mention it are on this site..I've yet to hear anything on the news about it, or any of my friends or family talk of it....

do TPTB running this side of the world really hate TPTB in russia that bad ?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Not to worry, there is lots of room in mother Russia to relocate

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Does anyone honestly think Russia keeps its nuclear materials in places that could be affected by wildfires of all things?
How many military bases, in the history of the World, do you think have burned down because of wildfires? My guess would be- zero. You don't want a wildfire to burn your base down? Cut down the trees around it. Problem solved. Ever been on a military base, or at least seen pictures of one? Generally speaking, you have a cleared area of at least 100 yards around the buildings before you get to the fence. And then you have a big cleared area around the fence so you can see if anyone's trying to creep up. You don't just plunk down buildings in the middle of the forest.

Nuclear materials are kept in bunkers. Hardened, heavily-defended and strong concrete and steel buildings, preferably underground. These places don't just burn down.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have watched some Romanian tv on the fires and heat wave Russia (and eastern Europe) is having. Very very dry, lots and lots of evergreen that are not green due to the heat. These fires ignite and spread fast, sometimes under the toplayer of dirt. I also live in Florida, where I see brushfires every year(and I mean every year). I think this was a natural occurance. With that said...

Poland, the avenging God has answered your call!!!

lol

Tempest

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by susp3kt

I agree it's important not to dwell on the negative...yet at the same time your avatar is an image which suggests disaster and doom.

Touché.

Would you be more inclined to agree with me if I were to change my avatar to a pink & fuzzy cuddle bunny?

Originally posted by condition9
reply to post by susp3kt

go hug a tree and while you are at it kiss santa clause a--

Did I interrupt your doom & gloom worship time? It's OK, you may continue.

I was only hoping to bring some kind of sound reasoning to this thread.

But please, go back to blindly accepting the content of sketchy, at best, sources like the one in the OP.

I will bother you no more!

PS. I have no frikkin' clue as to what you meant by that reply mate.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

Well, the US puts reactors on a fault line that has created a canyon....so yes, I can certainly imagine one with a forest near it.

[edit on 2010/8/9 by Aeons]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This situation is very curious. I don't know what to think. I'm brand new here to ATS but have been reading for a few weeks. I'm not able to post yet but wanted to share the following from RT in this thread as it might add more to this picture we're trying to piece together:

rt.com...

"US is building secret bases in Afghanistan for war against Russia.
Investigative journalist Daniel Estulin, who has made it his mission to uncover the secrets of the Bilderberg Group, has shared some of his revelations with RT."

I don't know what to make of this... time will tell but I'm afraid that some serious # might happen in the next few weeks and onwards.

All the best,
T

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join