It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation, plague, and fires: foreign embassies urgently evacuate staff from Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"A hasty evacuation of diplomatic staff from foreign embassies, like a stampede, began in Moscow. Many embassies are trying to hide the evacuation for political reasons. Mass evacuation of the embassies of Cananda and Poland"

Other Embassies are in a panic to get their people out. It seems nuclear weapon
and bio warfare factories have burnt down spewing contamination into the air.

Hmm.... I wonder which way the wind is blowing.

www.kavkazcenter.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I dunno but im not buying anymore danish raspberry jam till it stops glowing in the dark.....
Seriously though, can anybody in the know chime in to inform us on the chances of radiation spreading from chrenobyl or other ficilities that may be affected by the wildfires?
Can you actually do any real damage to eadiactive material by burning it?And would the resultant smoke be at all dangerous...im not convinced this isnt a panic with no basis....i think the temps involved would have to be too high for a normal fire....just sayin...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
wow
this is the first I've heard of radiation leaks.
I didn't think it was this serious until reading this
or is this just hyped or propaganda??
interesting though

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I knew fire was threatening a "secret nuclear facility", are you saying that one has actually burnt down?!!? As well as a bio-weapon facility... Far out.

Got links?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hmmmmm... I'll submit my opinion as respectfully skeptical until this is confirmed. Interesting, but very bad if it has actually happened. Hope not.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
geesh!!! fires burned down nuclear missle places! NOT good at all! If thier is plague, wont be good with the radiation IF fleas n insects get contaminated then travel to households in numbers : X

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
according to some "expert" I heard on the radio a while back, radioactive ash is really bad news especially if it is cobalt 60 related...
Cobalt 60 amalek(sp?) he called it

So I hope this is not true

guess will have to wait for confirmation.

msn in canada
www.globalnews.ca...

Russia has declared a state of emergency in Moscow and 13 other regions of the country.

The news agency Agence France-Presse reported Sunday that the dense smog has obscured landmarks such as the Kremlin towers and various city skyscrapers.

Numerous flights have also been delayed and Russian officials have scrambled to ensure the country's main nuclear research facility wouldn't be affected by the flames

www.vancouversun.com...

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
just got to thinking

this incident could make Moscow
look like a ghost town if it's true.

But I haven't seen any reports from hospitals
for people with plague symptoms.

Something is sinister here

are there any public cameras in Moscow
where we can get a live feed to confirm
all these folks leaving or the fires or smoke?

[edit on 9-8-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d16134b14d0.jpg[/atsimg]

Moscow doctor: ''Corpses are piled standing in basement, refrigerators are full''
Publication time: 8 August 2010, 14:40

A Moscow doctor testified in his diary about mass death of Russians in Moscow. She writes:

"All windows are open in the building; smoke is in corridors, wards, operating rooms, procedure rooms, dressings, toilets and mostly in the staffrooms - the same smoke as in the street. Windows are closed in the intensive care unit, but fumes are diminished by that, but there is a stench from bandages and defecation rotting at 40 degrees centigrade.

17 patients died in the hospital over the past day. 16 were dead a day before. 65 corpses for the past day were brought in the hospital morgue this morning - plus our "non-judicial bodies" from nearby houses. Corpses are piled in the basement in a standing position, refrigerators are already full.

Ambulances deliver a lot of aged patients with heat stroke. Under threat of dismissal, ambulance doctors are forbidden to diagnosis "heat stroke, overheating" (because we have no hot weather in our city, everything is fine).

We, too, do not make such diagnosis - we do not want to be fired, we have families and there would be nothing to feed them in that case, and we cannot do anything else but to heal the sick.

If a state of emergency is proclaimed, the medical personnel on duty is paid a double salary, but there will not be a state of emergency proclaims in our city, we are fine - and, in addition, Russia could suddenly go broke. The situation is similar in all Moscow hospitals. Except in the Central Clinical Hospital for VIPs. The distance to the Kremlin from our hospital in a straight line is at most 10 km.

Horror is happening on the territory of the hospital. I can not see the Ward # 1 from my post. There is literally nothing to breathe. The smoke is in the operating rooms. There is only one air-conditioner in the staffroom, but it began leaking the smoke. Bed-sheets on windows and fixing joints with medical plasters do not help.

Almost everybody died in the intensive care unit during the last day. In general, I understand the dead and even envy them - there are refrigerators in the morgue, but there is not enough space there, and we sadly joked this morning, asking a doctor on duty, who had come to the autopsy - "Do you still have anybody alive in your unit?".

The smoke in wards is similar to that in the street, but there are no air conditioners in the wards. If you put a healthy person for a night under the smoke, he will hardly survive by the morning, not to mention the patients.

If this is true this is the worst fatal fire I have ever heard of. OMG, what is happening worldwide?

www.kavkazcenter.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Live video feeds? I will keep looking but here is one video report.

rt.com...

Edit to cut video link, I couldnt get any to come up and found several lead to other stuff.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by gem_man

I knew fire was threatening a "secret nuclear facility", are you saying that one has actually burnt down?!!? As well as a bio-weapon facility... Far out.

One would hope that a secret nuclear facility would be built out of something more substantial than wood for gods sake...surely it is at least concrete and underground???

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Wild and peat fires continued to spread in Russia Thursday, after the flames destroyed military facilities and caused the government to remove nuclear material from a threatened reactor.
The nuclear material was evacuated from the Sarov nuclear site in Nizhny Novgorod region, the BBC reports. At Sarov, founded after World War II, the Russian nuclear weapons program was developed, and the site is still an important nuclear research center. The radioactive material was removed in a precautionary measure due to fires creeping toward the site but officials said that Sarov hasn't been damaged.

www.terradaily.com...

bad fires, but so far no plague

they are saying a naval logistics base and some 200 planes are burnt
big expense
don't see bio lab news

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
One of the other ATS threads about the fire had a link to a video which talked about the containment around Chernobyl being old and rusted. The Russian official (a scientist I believe) had concerns about it being compromised by the fire. I guess a hot forest fire can melt away at areas where the metal is rusted? An opening in any area of that containment building would be a big, bad deal according to the Russian official. Sorry I don't have the link to the ATS thread. It was a couple of days ago.

EDIT: Way ta go, danbones! I was typing while you posted that. What a relief!

[edit on 8/9/2010 by new_here]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Moscow on brink of technogenic disaster
www.kavkazcenter.com...

Russians die in great numbers from heat and smog.
Death toll made secret by KGB
www.kavkazcenter.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Holy crap !
Damn!
How about the source is it reliable?
Anything mainstream yet?

I flagged OP This is just bazarre.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Live video feeds? I will keep looking but here is one video report.

rt.com...

OMG,
that RT video said that there were over 850
different fires raging. That is almost impossible
to be done naturally.

I believe this to be an attack on Russia !!!

How can you make 850 fires and ALSO hit the
nuclear facilities at the SAME time ???

This is SERIOUS !!!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

God bless their souls
. We are all in this TOGETHER, good post OP S&F.
2nd

[edit on 8/9/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

not so much Chernobyl, but an area contaminated by Chernobyl

And it could get much worse: Emergencies Minister Sergei Shoigu warned Friday that the fires in the Bryansk region might send into the air radioactive contamination locked in soil devastated by the Chernobyl nuclear reactor accident of 1986.

"If a fire appears there, the radioactive particles could fly away with the smoke and a new polluted area could appear," he said.

www.terradaily.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/866736246c92.jpg[/atsimg]

www.kavkazcenter.com...

Moscow region is leading in the number of wildfires registered
during the past day on the territory of the Central region; 130
hotbeds of fire were registered there.

227 wildfires are registered in just one day in the central federal
district, in particularly, 9 fires were registered in Ryazan region.
The total area of fires in the region amounts to 1,138 thousand hectares.

Meanwhile, as a result of prayers for rain, which were
organized by the KGB government-controlled "Russian orthodox
church" (ROC) , a weird infernal greenish fireball has almost burnt
down the residence of the ringleader of this "church", a KGB criminal
general Gundyayev (AKA, "Mikhailov", AKA, "Moscow patriarch",
AKA, "Kyrill").

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
meanwhile CNN and Fox News
remain silent !!!!
WTH ????

top topics