It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation, plague, and fires: foreign embassies urgently evacuate staff from Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thinking out loud...... Isnt it coincidental that so many countries world wide are being hit by "naturally occuring" disasters. Most, like Pakistan, Russia etc are not on speaking terms with the US for iether political reasons or maybe because they would fullfill a non-helpfull role were the US to strike Iran.

Without a doubt there are millions suffering or killed due to floods, fires, earthquakes and probably more disasters to come.

Makes you think....yea??

Respects

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Moscow smog forces Canadian Embassy staff to move

Moscow smog forces Canadian Embassy staff to move
Last Updated: Sunday, August 8, 2010 | 10:40 AM ET Comments92Recommend101CBC News
Young tourists brave the thick blanket of smog covering Moscow as they visit Red Square on Sunday. (Pavel Golovkin/Associated Press)The choking smog blanketing Moscow from wildfires burning through the countryside has prompted the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs to withdraw some diplomats and their families from the Russian capital.

"The Canadian Embassy in Moscow is proceeding with the relocation of some Canadian-based staff and dependants out of Moscow," Foreign Affairs spokesperson Lisa Monette said in an email to CBC News on Sunday.

"These include those considered to be in high-risk categories, such as pregnant women, small children and those with respiratory and cardiac conditions."

Monette said the embassy is still open and "continues to provide its full range of services."

more at source.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Saw this on Drudge

Russia declares state of emergency at Urals nuclear town

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

MOSCOW: Russian authorities on Monday declared a state of emergency in Ozersk, home to major nuclear reprocessing plant Mayak, due to wildfires burning around the Urals town, officials said. "A state of emergency has been introduced in forests and parks on the territory of the Ozersk city district due to a complicated fire hazard situation," said a statement posted on the district's website. The emergency was the latest concern to hit a major Russian strategic site due to the wildfires which have already badly damaged military depots and threatened other atomic facilities.

and this

Worst heat in a 1000 years

Muscovites fled the Russian capital in record numbers as extreme heat combined with acrid smoke from wildfires, slowing trading on the city’s main stock exchange and emptying restaurants. More than 104,400 people flew out of Moscow yesterday, topping the previous 2010 record of 101,000, according to the Federal Air Transportation Agency. On Aug. 7, 95,000 left the city by plane, 20 percent more than the year-earlier date, agency spokesman Sergei Izvolsky said by telephone today.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by 2 cents]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Thinking out loud...... Isnt it coincidental that so many countries world wide are being hit by "naturally occuring" disasters. Most, like Pakistan, Russia etc are not on speaking terms with the US for iether political reasons or maybe because they would fullfill a non-helpfull role were the US to strike Iran.

Without a doubt there are millions suffering or killed due to floods, fires, earthquakes and probably more disasters to come.

Makes you think....yea??

Respects

No, it does not make me think. Millions are suffering due to AIDS, famine, cancer, murder, discrimination, and beyond. Why do three events make you think something is going on?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
How did Russia become so flammable?

Seriously, I wonder when MSM will take up this news, probably when something really serious happens.

And I mean serious.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Similar conditons were present in Oct 1871 when the great Peshtigo fire occured. This is the one that 'Chicago is more famous for, altho the one at Peshtigo was far worse.
www.boisestate.edu...

Another site mentioned peat bogs which were also dry and that they burned for 5 months afterward.
I have read elsewhere of the possibility that the cause was due to falling meteors. And again elsewhere electro magnetic conditions in the atmosphere.

Wasn't there a Meteor shower about the time the Russian fires started?
The similarities caught my attention.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by OhZone]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is certainly a bad situation, but there is no need to exaggerate it or turn it into a sensationalist panic. I just got back from Moscow 4 days ago, where I was for 3 weeks for a business trip. There is some smog, and it is very hot - but the heat is all weather related and not because of the fires. I didn't wear any face mask, and I feel fine. Where I am now in St. Petersburg, it is perfectly fine.

There is no plague, and no radiation. Kavkazcenter is a terrorist financed website that spews Radical Islamist propaganda. It does not publish any real news, and should not be a trusted source for anything. Please do not quote it, because it removes any credibility from the thread.

In Moscow right now the situation is bad, but the city itself is not under threat of fire. The majority of deaths are among the elderly, and are due to heat strokes and lung problems made worse by the smog. The smog is particularly bad because it originates from bog fires whose smoke is worse for health than regular forest fire smoke.

The fires themselves are nothing too unordinary for Russia. There are hundreds of them every year, but usually they are more to East of Moscow. The deaths from the heat are not unusual either. Several years ago, a heat wave in Western Europe killed thousands, including hundreds in Paris. Many older apartments in Russia have no air conditioning, especially many apartments populated by the elderly. This is what is making the problem worse.

As for the talk on the nuclear site being threatened - that has been largely mitigated right now. First, this site is far from Moscow and Europe - it is near the Ural region. Part of the forested area around the site has been removed to prevent the fire from coming near it. Also all of the structures are concrete - and a regular forest fire cannot reach high enough temperatures to melt concrete if it is not immediately adjacent to the structure. No other nuclear site has been threatened.

So once again - no plagues, no radiation, no zombies, no wrath of God.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

The picture you submitted really moved me.

When I was in nursing, putting the toe tag on was the second worse part of the job, putting a body in the cooling drawer and closing the drawer was the worse.

My heart goes out to those poor people.

I've see people die with radiation sickness (radiation therepy for cancer) and it's a painful way to die.

And yes to the person that asked, if the radioactive material turns to ash or dust.

It will also affect the rain and food chain that the rain falls on.

Is it me or it seems like someone is just throwing as much brown stuff in the human fan as possible.

We just got over the BP Oil Spill over here and now this.

Of course nobody should have nuclear weapon or biological weapons facilities anyway.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Wow what a picture.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

On Monday, Moscow health authorities announced that the number of deaths each day in the capital had nearly doubled to 700 as most of central Russia entered the seventh week of a heat wave. The high temperatures, hovering around 100 degrees, have destroyed 30% of the nation's grain crops and triggered massive peat bog and forest fires that alone have killed more than 50 people and devastated dozens of villages.

Andrei Seltsovsky, chief of Moscow's health department, said the city's morgues were filled almost to capacity, with 1,300 of the 1,500 slots taken. He suggested that residents, instead of following Russian Orthodox tradition of holding burials on the third day after death, bury loved ones sooner.
www.latimes.com...

The picture below is a forest in Siberia.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7397abafefe8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

I actually had no idea about this. I have been absent for a while, and feel sorry for the good people in Russia who are going through this.

However, this claim that jihadis are funded by the CIA just made me laugh... i wonder who the U.S. troops, and other allies, apart from most tribes in Iraq are fighting against.... Last time I heard they are fighting "jihadists", at least over there, in the meanwhile Obama and his team are doing everything possible to not condemn "jihadists"...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I fully understand. I must also tell you that the BP spill is far from over. We have yet to experience the full effects of the contaminants to date.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

The main stream media is creating a holocaust type desensitization process right now. This is very important to watch for as we near the year 2012.

With so many calamities world wide watch how they create red herrings for the unwashed masses.

The tides are begining to turn for humanity as a whole, and the days of destruction are upon us.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Lots of distractions while they set up for war with Iran.
Various governments like th US and China have come right out and said that they can control weather in certain ways like rain, or no rain, or steering hurricanes with haarpe etc...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Did it cross anyone's mind that they are using HAARP? All they have to do is to eliminate rain and raise the temp a little...
As several people pointed out, it would be a perfect boogaloo in case Iran is attacked.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

That would be a yes...

Russia accuses...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
there shall be wars, rumors of wars, plagues, floods, famine
and fire and brimstone.

Sounds more and more like prophecy
from Revelations everyday.

meanwhile 2012 approaches 1 day
at a time.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
That would be a yes...

Russia accuses...

so if Russia is accusing America of using HAARP
wouldn't that be viewed as an attack on Russia??
And if so, what do you suppose Russia's response
will be ???

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Sorry man, I'm the wrong one to ask to speculate about HAARP.
Not only do I not believe it could do this, I don't believe it is
capable of doing most of the things that are posted about it.
Probably be best to go to that thread for this... I actually didn't
read it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by captiva

Makes you think....yea??

Respects

No, it does not make me think. Millions are suffering due to AIDS, famine, cancer, murder, discrimination, and beyond. Why do three events make you think something is going on?

AIDS (intentional), famine (intentional), cancer (intentional), murder (intentional), discrimination (intentional).... Why not "think" that these disasters might be intentional?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join