It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians accuse HAARP of causing heat wave

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Has anybody seen anything related to this Moscow story?

This article ran in a major Moscow newspaper last week:

"The Heat Wave in Russia--Is It the Result of the Testing of a Climate Weapon in the United States?"

Жара в России - результат испытания климатического оружия в США?

Komsomolskaya Pravda, 29 Jul 10

kp.ru...

I'm still reading it, but it quotes Captain, Second Rank (retired) Nikolay Karavayev, a former military meteorologist, as claiming:

“The HAARP Station is the latest powerful weapon, the purpose and power of which is being kept secret. But, at the present time, there are some real developments regarding climate weapons. They are based on the achievements of civilian institutions in the sphere of the artificial modification of climate and weather. There are some far-reaching ideas here. For example, the creation of a gigantic high pressure zone through the use of powerful lasers put into near-Earth space. The anti-cyclone effect (when the atmosphere is cleared of clouds and heated air from mixed spheres is caused to break through into the impact zone) leads to a demoralization of the population and troops and to a loss of crops.”

Mod Edit:External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

2010 The First Year of the War on the World's Food Supply

I mentioned this only yesterday in a pakistani flood thread that had been resolutely ignored by everyone. I asked for someone with more motivation than I to come forward and start a thread and voila there you are. I had no idea Russia was already blaming HAARP.

It's entirely plausible in my opinion. The rains that should have hit Russia have hit Pakistan, Southern Asia and parts of China. I don't just think it's restricted to these areas either. I believe we are in the beginnings of a war on the planet's food supply.

Crops fail and burn in Russia due to drought and high temps, while in the South crops fail due to flooding. In the UK and parts of europe we have come out of the coldest winter in 30 years into the hottest and driest summer since '76 and even though the rains are now here our water reservoirs are very low. Only yesterday i was hearing of harvest failures in Africa that were predicted to precipitate further starvation and it seems Australia continues to get drier. I also believe the oil spill was part of this larger scheme to kill the world's food baskets, not just by the oil which thankfully the Earth looks able to deal with but the poisoning of the food chain, farmlands and water table with all the chemical dispersants.

The economists keep talking about the worrying and increasing possibility of deflation while in reality wholesale food prices for staples like pork and grain are rocketing. Gold may be where much of the smart money is going but food futures may outperform that. This is the beginning of the population cull, with food priced beyond the means of hundreds of millions. I'd be interested to see the statistics for South America because as yet I've not heard of anything jeopardising harvests there yet.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i really think your on to something but at the same time i hope your wrong. I'm already on record as saying this will be a hellish winter hear in the UK in another thread. we know there toying with the weather in a civilian sense and of coarse the military's bound to take an interest in such an application. Ive also got a feeling they have russia in there sights. i think there building up to it year by year. if your right here then allot of thing come together. people building massive bunkers, the militarization of police, huge empty prison type complexes, the large buying of gold and increasing tensions all over the world. I HOPE YOUR WRONG!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If we can do it you can bet they can do it too.

Katrina..?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Look up some stuff from Lindsey Williams....he has been right on in most of his perdictions ....

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Reevster]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Fortunately, there are some sensible Russians.

Yet another Slav, Vladímir Lapshín, director of the Institute for Applied Geophysics, called the hypothesis “nonsense” since current temperatures are also high in the United States. “Air masses tend to mix and produce a summer with temperatures around 77 degrees, but now there is an enormous high pressure zone in the atmosphere that is hovering over the European portion of Russia. Let’s see if it moves in August and then everyone will forget all about the climate weapon.”

www.speroforum.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

maybe the whole planet's being attacked or maybe algore was right (please dont let it be so!) ive noticed from preveos threads ive seen you on that you tend to post with alot of logic and ussually make a good case for watever the subject at the time. so whats your theory on the global weather as of late.. people tampering with it, global warming, or the fact that weather recording is fairly new in the grand scheme of things and the earth fluctuates between surverly hot to icey cold. or some completely differnt theory. looking foward to your post

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What makes your source more "sensible" than the OP's?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

While it is a pretty difficult thing to measure, I think that the data does show that the average global temperature has been rising in the long term.

I don't think that we know enough about the systems which determine global temperatures to know what is causing the increase or that there is a single cause.

And HAARP cannot control the weather.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
could this be part of a greater conspiracy to get rid of US debt by driveing food prices up so we can sell food at higher prices thus floating the dollar at a higher value? or to make said nations dependet on american and by extension canadian wheat etc

fyi i know jack about economics so feel free to correct me if what i said made no sense trying to learn!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm usually with you all the way Phage but not this time.

We know many countries have been researching weather modification for decades and many attempts have been made to manipulate the weather in individual circumstances. I think I'm right in saying the US attempted such during the Vietnam War. There's no way that decades of research would have continued unchecked across the globe without there being some form of demonstrable results whether or not those results are ever de-classified.

I also think there are a lot of questions hanging over HAARP and its science. Besides HAARP there are a number of other ways of manipulating weather. I feel it is a legitimate subject for conjecture.

If climate change is real whether it is AGW or a natural climate cycle we'd be plain stupid as a species not to find ways to adjust the climate to our liking. The problem with that then though is that what may start out as good intentions for humanity would inevitably be corrupted by the psychopathic corporate elite. I find it harder to believe that we are not messing with the weather than that we are. And if we are what ways would we go about doing it. Could HAARP once corrupted by a corrupt system be used for nefarious purposes.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

Thanks for the Williams links. I couldn't watch the first one, it just makes me laugh when I see videos shot like that. However, I've been meaning to track down these interviews for a while and your link led me to all 3 full length vids. I just hope he doesn't do what he does on AJ all the time- patronize patronize patronize, repeat repeat repeat, give one fact then patronize patronize patronize, repeat repeat repeat. I also hope I can watch the vids without punching my laptop screen.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Weather modification is cloud seeding. It is being done all over the world including the US. Cloud seeding is a localized attempt to induce precipitation from existing, individual, selected clouds. It's efficacy is subject to interpretation (unless you're talking to the companies that do it, they'll tell you it works great).

HAARP is not capable of affecting weather. It affects a small volume of the ionosphere above Gakona, Alaska. The region affected is 10s of miles above the troposphere which is where weather occurs and the level of the effect is miniscule when compared to the effects of the Sun.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Fair enough, I don't normally take anything anyone says without researching it but for you Phage with your credentials I say fair enough that's what the available science info says it does.

But...you just admitted in your post that weather modification is happening all over the place in the form of cloud seeding. Why on earth stop there? Why not full spectrum weather modification. We as humans never stop when it's enough, we always go further than necessary, that's why we came down from the trees. If we'd had any sense we'd have stayed put and avoided the 40 hr working week.

You also stated that the efficacy is subject to interpretation but that the companies involved will tell you it works great. By saying this you are intimating that the companies involved in weather modification may be prone to lying. Is it not possible that the companies are doing more than just cloud seeding and choosing to lie about it. By the same token is it not possible that HAARP and other installations like it have capabilities and specifications that neither you nor I are privy too. HAARP is just one part of it. If human history tells us anything it is that man will always use man to abuse and control man. Conspiracies are in our nature. The psychopaths rule the mob and with slieght of hand divert the mob's anger in the wrong direction. surely these things are merely the inevitable emergent properties of a complex system such as human civilisation. the elites will prey on the mob, whether through weather mod, attacks on the food supply, global meltdowns, unnecessary wars etc.

Anyway I'm off to bed I'll check back tomorrow because i do respect your opinion and at the same time hope you haven't scared everyone off discussing this.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sorry Phage your source reminded me that I forgot to add this bit of thinking.

If we/US/scientific community knew the exact capabilities and effects possible via HAARP then what would be the point of building it and spending years testing and observing. Surely by it's very nature it cannot be concluded with 100% accuracy what it is capable of otherwise there's be no need to build it and study it.

Also your source quotes two in favour of the weather weapons hypothesis and only one against. I'll have to dig further to uncover the credentials of all these supposed experts. However, it does strike me as more than just nonsense when a former military meteorologist believes in a new climate weapon. To me that suggests he may have inside knowledge, he may have been privy to similar projects during his own military career. Physicist Professor Vasiliev also believes that the US would not have invested two decades and $250 million if its purpose is to merely study high-frequency radio waves." That may be small potatos in the grand schem of things but why would they do that if they won't fund a decent search for an ET signal or an asteroid early warning system?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

I've done a good amount of research into HAARP, its purpose, and its capabilities.

I'm saying that weather modification companies may have a tendency to exaggerate their effectiveness in creating rain in order to get contracts. I don't think saying, "Well, I think maybe we might be able to get it to rain a bit more than it would have anyway" would help sales much. What else, other than cloud seeding, do you suggest that these companies are doing? Who do you think they would be doing it for? These are not large companies. They operate a few small aircraft each. They do not have the capability of carrying out any large scale operations.

HAARP is not a secret facility. Scientists (and students) from around the world use it. The work done there is openly published. None of it has anything to do with weather control.

I sometimes find it amusing, the claims on one hand that scientists know nothing about how climate works, that global warming is a fabricated myth, and the claims on the other hand that they are capable of pin point control of weather and climate. If it were possible to control the weather; North Korea would be stuck in the worst winters ever seen, Iran would be nothing but sand dunes, China's economy would not be overrunning our own, there would be no controversy over global warming.

HAARP does not "study high-frequency radio waves". It uses them to study the ionosphere. What's the point of studying the ionosphere? Well, for one thing, have you noticed we are approaching solar maximum? Have you noticed a little bit of panic over that? Worries about satellites, worries about power systems, worries about communication systems. The research being done at HAARP is connected to that stuff. Ways of understanding what happens when the products of solar activity interact with the magnetosphere. Ways of mitigating some of the effects.

$250 million dollars over 2 decades is a big deal? I guess Russians are easily impressed.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I believe in HAARP having weapon capabilities.

Radio Frequencies bouncing off the ionosphere back down to earth at projected angles to resonate their target with said frequencies. It's Tesla knowledge.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Entirely plausable. I consider the attacks on the ocean with BP, and the sudden spills in Canada and China, then an attack on a Japanese tanker, all the chemicals dumped in the ocean, this hot spell cordinating with the el nino/la nina cycles, but this also included sudden hot temperatures. In the interior of my province in lake okanagan a beautiful 80 mile inland paradise lake, a sudden chemical spill in a creek ends up at the beach of the lake where countless flock to swim with no warnings from officials and over 400 fires burning.

I really really really think this is warfare on humanity and our planet by insane psychotic bloodlines who must be made accountable.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I doubt that HAARP openly publish all of the work that they do. They would not let the general public be privvy to the half of it.

I have yet to read a publication from them concerning the Norway spiral and HAARPS EISCAT facility.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Well, HAARP doesn't really publish anything. It's the scientists who work there who do that. Here's some of it.
www.gi.alaska.edu...
www.gi.alaska.edu...
You can find more current publications here:
europa.agu.org...

Why would you expect HAARP to publish anything about the test of a Russian ballistic missile?

EISCAT is not HAARP's facility. It is a separate research facility. It is operated by the EISCAT Scientific Association, a consortium of European scientists.
www.eiscat.se...

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join