It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most Conservative and Liberal U.S. States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What is interesting about your thread is: I believe that by the condition a state or country is in, one can draw conclusions about the merit of their politics.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I am often told, especially by family and individuals from the Northeast, that my true philosophical opinions are almost exact to that of the “old money” New Englanders and urban Conservatives. Seeing as how I have never been to New England (but would love to) I cannot comment on whether or not they are correct and if they are exactly what it means. Books can only teach you to a certain degree, the rest is based upon experience. From reading it does seem that my views are in line with the Conservative pulse of that region, which is quite unique from Conservatism elsewhere.

*This is of course when you put my rhetoric aside.*
edit on 9/7/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmo740

People who still think Cali is some sort of Liberal stronghold haven't been to Orange County lately.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Something interesting:

50 State and National comparison: Teen Birth Rate:

www.thenationalcampaign.org...

Looks like that abstinence only teaching stuff isn't working out too well..

And not so sure about the conservative 'Family Values' either:

www.statemaster.com...

And the general health isn't looking too good for conservatives, especially when it comes to illness related to pollution and lack of health care:

statehealthstats.americashealthrankings.org...

And this is what they want to push on the rest of the country?
No thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Being from N.J. , I can Personally attest to the Fact that most of us Living here in the SOUTH are by and large Conservative in our Political Views . Those from the Northern part of the State tend to be the ones most Liberal in their Views . Unions have alot to do with that considering the size of the Cities up there .

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Probably the more Liberal parts of California would be the cities, i.e. Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Another state in the USA close to or within the tropics, to an extent, that doesn't appear to be so conservative, is - Hawaii.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Most states are shades of purple. Some lean more to be conservative, some lean more to the blue. But when you look at actual numbers, they are various shades of purple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join