It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Bloomberg needs to be convicted of treason

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by Zaxxon

One guy on a scooter? Seriously hurting for national defense funds. Thank you for making me laugh. Was starting to get too serious.
True story. Ireland put us in our own terminal and locked the doors so that the public wouldn't see us. Though they were nice enough to open the bar. Countries were very weird about American soldiers at that time.

Bahrain was the only one that seemed not to care either way if we were there or not. I highly recommend their "FOD Shop" NSA Burgers. Delicious.

Also, I replayed Zaxxon recently. Incredibly difficult. I'm thinking of buying the arcade machine though!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by dreamwalker74

better yet some will labe me "Racist". If condemning a radical religion, that encompases all skin colors on this planet, and will not be content until they see my dead infidel body, is considered "racist". Than I accept this label, and will not be offended.

Condemning people because of religon is not being a racist, it is being a bigot.

Bigot= NOUN:

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

(definition via yahoo ed.)

I agree with your original post though, the GZ Mosque IS a major slap in the face to the people who lost people on 9/11, as well as ALL of the American People who still are patriotic. I am one of those proud americans and I say: IT SHOULD NOT BE BUILT!!!!! (imo)

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I work with several guys that are of the Muslim Religion, and even they are affronted by the very idea of building a mosque near Ground Zero. They feel that it is wrong and should not happen, a feeling that is mirrored by most, if not all, of the people who attend their mosque. They even feel so strongly about this that they are starting a petition for the leader of the cultural center in NY to relocate it to another site, and it has been signed by almost everyone in their mosque.

NOW THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of Religion...

So, why are you so Anti-american about this mosque?

Are we free only when the majority consent for us to be?

Read the bill of rights, please.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
OP is right on this one.

This country is entirely too PC and it is destroying it. If the U.S. was PC back in 41, the outcome of the war would have been very different. There would have been no atomic bomb, no area bombing over industrial Germany, there would have been no internment camps, there would have been nothing of the sort because we would have been preoccupied worrying about how to defeat the enemy without upsetting him. This country is turning into a nation that is asking to be attacked. Nothing racist or complicated about this. When an enemy attacks you, if you help or accomodate any of the enemies associates, you are a weak link and do not belong in the society in which you supposedly love. Defending that which hates you is a direct contradiction to Darwinian law and it will cause a downfall.

Human beings are a rotten breed. Instead of trying to all hold hands and change the way we think, we should grasp reality and realize that there are sick demented people out there that want to burn you to the ground. Instead of hugging a tree, protect your family!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In a world of goopy relativism, people live vicariously through other people's eyes instead of personal conviction. There won't be enough outrage to stop the mosque. People are too busy being corralled, herded, shorn, fed, transported, indoctrinated, distracted and deluded to care.
They stay in NYC because they like it. It's very loud and drowns out that still, small voice inside that say's 'Something is Wrong'. Madison avenue reaffirms what it is to be 'normal' and what is to be 'desired'. It appeals to the 'evil seed' that exists in all of us and feeds the natural, un-regenerated man, that's 'normal' too.
One voice opposes the other, one voice opposes the world. Man chooses the path of least resistance. Man will choose the world, it's easier and 'makes sense'.
You might tell someone in the city to flee the system, tell them to ask Jesus into their heart, repent and be baptized with the Holy Spirit. Tell the person to leave the city and find peace and truth. Not gonna happen. Bloomburg, Madison Avenue, the United Nations, Wall Street, the Federal Reserve run that town for Satan and waking up the masses just doesn't make sense for them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The same Bloomberg who's first inclination was to blame tea party protesters for the NYC car bomb?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So Bloomberg agrees with the mosque at ground zero?

Even though, the majority of Americans are against it?

Heh. There are limits to our democracy that suggest that mob rule does not stand above religious freedom or the rights of land owners. How sad it would be to banish our principles in the name of the principles we banish.

Even though, the Imam, refuses to acknowledge who is paying for it?

How is this relevant? I am interested to know.

Even though, we are still currently at war with radical islamists?

Hmmm. When was that war officially declared?

Even though, said Imam, refuses to condemn terrorism publicly?

We must hold Bloomberg responsible for the choices of the Imam...?

Even though, this will be another black eye, to those who are still hurting every day from the thousands of loved ones they lost?

Frankly, if they choose to feel "black-eyed" that is their responsibility. I agree that very poor behavior has been shown to many of the families (especially those who question whether the official story is correct) but this is related only by emotion. And emotion should not be the dictate upon which we run our country.

Could you see, just 10 years after the attack on Pearl Harbor, the Japanese setting up a "cultural acttivity center, for the advancement of Japanese", in the heart of Pearl Harbor?

I see a wee bit of difference here. The Japanese are a nationality, not a religion. We do not have "freedom of nationality" here. We have freedom of religion.

Can you then imagine the local mayor, supporting and advancing the project with:

No care for those who were left behind by those that died?

No proof as to who is funding it?

And while we are still at war?

I can't.

Well, I can. Because at this point, no damage is done to anyone but the damage they choose for themselves, the funding is irrelevant (as far as I can tell), and to my knowledge, we are not at war officially with anyone.

I have been called a troll, many times on this site. I speak strongly about what I believe in. I could care less about "stars" I don't use them. Notice the nifty avatar? Nope don't have one, never will. I care about what I believe. Yes many of my posts are inflamitory, as I believe they should be, because I'm sick of the apathetic, PC, head in the sand mentallity, that we all should be fighting against. Sorry for being an honest "troll". Won't stop being honest.

Hmmmm. And I might consider the difference between hot-headedness and level-headedness. Not sure how your comment about avatars has any relevance whatsoever.

But honesty I respect. I just wish that such honesty was delivered more calmly and with a willingness to consider all points of view.

EDIT for typos

[edit on 8/7/2010 by Amaterasu]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
One of the most disgusting events in American history is that we interred Japanese Americans during WWII. I would hope that we strive, today, to be better than we once were.

Damn. YOU put Japanese people in concentration camps, and you're on here admitting it? Who were your cohorts? Are they the ones helping to build the mosque, for atonement to what your crew did to the Japanese? Aren't you guys a bit old to be doing construction? I'm surprised these Muslim's would let you guys in on the project, quite frankly...

Self-identifying with an illegitimate despotic crony government, especially one that you probably weren't alive for, is uncognitively reckless and dangerous.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Heh. There are limits to our democracy that suggest that mob rule does not stand above religious freedom or the rights of land owners. How sad it would be to banish our principles in the name of the principles we banish.

What about the symbolism of it (on their part that is)?

Do they really have to have it right near the the footprint of WTC?

Do they not have enough mosques already, nor enough other places to put them?

If it isn't symbolic, then why set themselves up to constantly deal with vandalism and outcry?

If it's 'politically' motivated, shouldn't there be a line to be drawn?

Do YOU think its politically motivated?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Than it's probably a good thing the Nazi's didn't declare themselves a religion. It would have been illegal for us to stop them.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Originally posted by Amaterasu

What about the symbolism of it (on their part that is)?

Symbolism only has power if we give it power. That is our choice. We could choose to laugh about it with comments about how silly they are trying to build a symbol when we will not be taken in by their efforts.

Do they really have to have it right near the the footprint of WTC?

Do they own the land? It is zoned for such a project? If the answers to these questiobns are "yes..." Well, then, it's irrelevant WHERE it is. If the answers are "yes..." Then, yes. They have a right.

Do they not have enough mosques already, nor enough other places to put them?

I guess not, or they wouldn't be building another one... I mean, really. Give me a specific number that is "enough" and the count of such places, and I can answer this question.

If it isn't symbolic, then why set themselves up to constantly deal with vandalism and outcry?

I suspect they want to make it symbolic. And this outcry is exactly what they want. They don't want us to laugh at them for these efforts. So let's laugh it off and forget about it. Best and most effective response we could produce.

If it's 'politically' motivated, shouldn't there be a line to be drawn?

I'm unclear where this comment was leading. Please define this line you would draw in more detail.

Do YOU think its politically motivated?

I suspect so, but it really doesn't matter, if we fail to take it seriously. They WANT us to get worked up and create an issue over it. Best advert going! Keeps us unhappy.

My response is to chuckle and go make dinner. Like, whatever.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Than it's probably a good thing the Nazi's didn't declare themselves a religion. It would have been illegal for us to stop them.

Hey, if the Nazis follow the three Laws, they're welcome to believe anything they want. Of course, they hurt and killed, breaking #1, they took and damaged others' property, breaking #2, and they seldom were honest, defrauding often, breaking #3.

That's all I ask of anyone is to follow the three Laws.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

"Laugh"?

Did or do you live there?

Did you witness the horror first hand?

Did you personally lose family members in the collapse?

Are you a firefighter who personally lost dozens of friends and family?

Are you one of the emergency workers who is now suffering and even dying from the response effort (that the government won't even take care of)?

Real funny, isn't it?

The vote should have been up to the families of the fallen and the firefighters who were active in 2001, not some politically correct politicians or faceless internet commentators.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

people including, your opinions greatly disturbs and angers multiple americans and for good cause is this why? because you believe the dam mosque has a right to be on sacred ground?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
maybe building it so close to the site can be seen as a slap in the facebut only if you let it, muslims are not the same as nazi's, it was al qaeda that was responsible(offical story) not muslims just like it was nazi's that were responsible not germans, make sure your anger (which i believe is justified) is aimed at the right people.

now i am going to suugest something crazy why not when this centre is built go in, talk to the people learn something of their ways maybe invite them to your church or wherever wonder what repercussions that would have because i wonder how much muslim (notice muslim not al qaeda) culture you have taken in because remember most fear comes from the unknown and remember this sites motto DENY IGNORANCE

p.s a favourite saying of mine "passion rules reason" i.e don't REACT think then ACT, how many times have you heard of people running back into burning buildings to save loved ones only to die then the fire brigade save the loved ones

peace

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I think the point you're missing out on is that America stands for equality and acceptance.

Erm.......Am I missing something here? America standing for equality and acceptance, maybe in your book my friend but certainly not in the book of washington!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

reply to post by hippomchippo

Funny you should say that. I had a conversation with a "moderate muslim", about 3 years ago, who was pretty much in agreement, that the United States, was in-fact "evil" and if it was to be brought down by members of his religion, willing to do so, than it was the will of "Allah".

I see people everyday on ATS saying the same thing about evil America and it shoud be brought down and none of them are Muslim. Does that mean everyone on ATS is a terrorist trying to destroy America? The fact is most Muslims are just regular people wanting to live their lives. I have found most like Americans and they admire a great many things about us. They do not always agree with what our government does but, desite the wars in Iraq and Afganistan they are not foolish enough to think Americans are all on some grand crusade to kill all Muslims. They would not judge all Americans based on say a radical such as yourself. I have spent alot of time in South West Asia and in Africa and have found Muslims as welcoming and friendly as anyone else.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

LOL. No, I wasn't alive during WWII but I felt it would be cheesier to pull the standard "they" card here. I was born in the US and I'm willing to cop to the good and the bad that comes with that.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

I wasn't getting the impression that my opinions were angering many people. There are differences of opinions. I believe that everybody has a right to participate in this country, regardless of their religion. Everything else in this argument seems semantic to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join