It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jean59

Hundreds of Lebanese protest near site of border incident

Funny you see a smoke trail and automaticaly you call it WP.

Yeah because smoke trails act like white phosphorous shells being fired.
I'm sure it's a muslim conspiracy.

One last point...Assad has jilted the Hezbollah, and sided with Harri.

This is from Debka's BS right?

So where are these sources about Israel supposedly massing troops on the border? Aljazeera is doing a running blog on the situation and they mention NOTHING about it.

And since when AlJazeera is allowed in Israel where military movements take place?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by TheOrphic

See.. you have no idea.. THAT IS NOT WHITE PHOS.... Funny you see a smoke trail and automaticaly you call it WP... And all of your anti Israel groupies jump right on board... Look it up.. That was a trail.. Not WP

We're not anti-Israel but anti the right wing Israeli government that behaves in an abhorrent way. Much the same way my government perpetrated a ten-year war on terrorism that has been proven to be a fallacy and cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

I am anti governments that don't listen to the people and behave in reckless inhuman ways. I am for the people.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In regards to phosphorous shells being used.

I closely watched news reports during Gaza invasion on few news outlets (mostly msnbc) and all of them provided tons of photographs showing phosphorous shells used on civilian targets, with captions highlighting their illegality. They have also shown destroyed UN buildings and a school.

Response? UN condemnation and pro/anti Israel debate on political forums like ATS. Therefore, no one can say "MSM hides it" because they do not, it was all over the news for several weeks. Inhuman weapons were also used by US in Serbia (cluster bombs) even though there was no need for it.

That said, its nothing new. I don't think any country in the world respects bans and restrictions, including US.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Notice the trails from your "white phospherous" didnt reach the ground? If they were using it as a weapon it would have burned to the ground still glowing... but it didn't.... it was well above the tree line.

It probably reached eventually, you think it's just gonna stay up there? Besides let's say it isn't Phosphorus, they admitted to using it in other wars, so in the end it's wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nasrallah is doing his speech right now.

I don't know what he's saying, I don't speak arabic.

To watch it live...

Here

So far...

9:08pm Hizbullah Secretary-General Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah in a speech marking the 4th anniversary of the July 2006 Victory: Today, we are celebrating the July victory, but what happened today was a heroic confrontation fought by the Lebanese army.

Nasrallah: Israel violated resolution 1701 over 7,000 times, no one does anything (Haaretz)

No one does anything true dat. 7000 times I think it's BS.

9:12pm Nasrallah: What we witnessed today was one of the forms of this aggression, but the army's retaliation was courageous despite its modest capabilities.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mitman93

Well found photos man,but edit a "graphic" warning if you can,as those of a nervous disposition may be watching.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You would think if Israel wanted to assassinate him they would do it now. They have wanted to in the past but they complain he rarely comes out of hiding. Well here he is in the wide open........

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
You would think if Israel wanted to assassinate him they would do it now. They have wanted to in the past but they complain he rarely comes out of hiding. Well here he is in the wide open........

No he isn't. He isn't really there, it's a huge screen that they're broadcasting the speech on while he's in his hiding place. It would be too risky for him otherwise.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yes it is.. But why are people here so quick to except anything as fact ...then blow it off like it didnt matter in the first place...

THIS STATEMENT IS FACT!!!!!
If 5 lebanese soldiers got on national TV and admitted to starting this conflict... 99% of you would come up with things like.
1)Mossad have their families held hostage to make them say it.
2) those aren't Lebanese soldiers.. they are Zionist Mossad....

It is a one way street with you anti Israel folk.. You need no proof for your points... but you expect divine intervention for anything pro- Israel..
To deney this would be a flat out lie.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yes it is.. But why are people here so quick to except anything as fact ...then blow it off like it didnt matter in the first place...

THIS STATEMENT IS FACT!!!!!
If 5 lebanese soldiers got on national TV and admitted to starting this conflict... 99% of you would come up with things like.
1)Mossad have their families held hostage to make them say it.
2) those aren't Lebanese soldiers.. they are Zionist Mossad....

It is a one way street with you anti Israel folk.. You need no proof for your points... but you expect divine intervention for anything pro- Israel..

They shot first indeed, but after the UNIFIL (a branch of the UN which they should respect the rules of) yelled at them to stop, and then after the army shot warning shots, they didn't stop, what were they supposed to do? If a Lebanese soldier took one step on the other side of that fence he would have been blown away without warning.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In the next day,we will probably hear from Mr Amerdinerjhad in Iran about this event.

I do hope he chooses not to wind up the Israeli Government at this time,as they seem hellbent on attacking Iran at all costs anyway...foolish words from Iran could escalate this into something very dark indeed-or at least accelerate the timetable.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Is all your post aimed at me....
I don't recognise most of the quotes!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Damned Israeli thugs.

Lebanon has a recently discovered significant supply of natural gas which the thieving Israelis want to get their hands on,,,,,

Lebanon's hezbollah is also a friend if Iran...

National borders mean nothing at all to these Israeli thugs, they think they have the right do whatever they like.

And then they lament that they are not liked, and are therefore victims of persecution and bigtry. What hogwash!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jean59

Well if you don't recognize them, they are not from you.

More quotes from Nasrallah speech

All of Lebanon will not forgive or forget any invasion or rule-breaking. We are not afraid of you (talking to Israelis) or your threats

# After we watched how the Lebanese army is suffering, we just stood by because anything done must use wisdom.

# Anything the Army Command needs from us, everything is under their disposal. We have also called Nebih Berri,Hariri and Sleiman

# We put all Hezb'Allah personnel and fighters under the order of the Lebanese Army; Whatever you need,we are next to you & where you want us

# Since the start of this incident today, all of Hezb'Allah's personnel have been put on high alert.

Follow the speech there:
Here on twitter

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Juts to embed some news coverage in this thread, here's a Press tv report detailing the border incident.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If israel said the "fired a warning shot" would you believe them? How is a person supposed to determine the difference ...especially when coming from an enemy?

As some people have stated... They were still on Israeli land.. The fence is NOT directly on the border... Do you really think they intended on putting a camera on Lebanese property?? Dont worry ... I know you anti Israeli trolls will say... "Yes Israel would do that.. they will do anything"..

Lets be logical.. They wouldnt do that.. because legally the lebanese would and could destroy or take it down..

So using a bit of common sense.. I know this is lost on many... They were over the fence but not over the border..

For all of you blaming Israel... Fire some warning shots at UN "peace keepers" see what happens..

As I stated before... Warning shot or not.. can not be proved.. and if you were to fire a warning shot over my head... I would turn yours into a canoe!! Period!

rediculous.....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If israel said the "fired a warning shot" would you believe them? How is a person supposed to determine the difference ...especially when coming from an enemy?

As some people have stated... They were still on Israeli land.. The fence is NOT directly on the border... Do you really think they intended on putting a camera on Lebanese property?? Dont worry ... I know you anti Israeli trolls will say... "Yes Israel would do that.. they will do anything"..

Lets be logical.. They wouldnt do that.. because legally the lebanese would and could destroy or take it down..

So using a bit of common sense.. I know this is lost on many... They were over the fence but not over the border..

For all of you blaming Israel... Fire some warning shots at UN "peace keepers" see what happens..

As I stated before... Warning shot or not.. can not be proved.. and if you were to fire a warning shot over my head... I would turn yours into a canoe!! Period!

rediculous.....

Because we have PROOF that they fired warning shots. You're saying we're talking without proof but it's there for your eyes to see.

I posted a quote from yahoo news about it, and saw a video on a local channel where the unifil kept yelling at them to stop, normally they should stop, it's the UN! Is the UN that powerless now? Wasn't it created to ensure global security?

They didn't listen, and even after the unifil warnings, the army fired shots to warn them, I really doubt it would have been an issue if it was on their land. Besides, they violate our airspace daily, this isn't surprising coming from them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
[posted in error]

[edit on Tue Aug 3 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Just to make it clear,this is not an anti Israel thread.
Not everyone here is bashing the Israelis,and that was not the reason I posted the thread.

I posted the news because I think the middle east situation is heating up,and wished to discuss the facts of this latest development.Its of global importance I believe.

If people choose to call for violence or hate of any kind,I do not agree with them,and for the most part try to ignore them;but I suppose if we could not discuss such things,it would defeat the very essence of ATS-so its sort of important to hear what even the most distasteful folk wish to say IMO.

Also we have not had hatred soley aimed at the Israelis in the thread,someone was saying all muslims should be nuked earlier,so it goes both ways.

There are fools of all creeds and colours..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Dont skip the placement of the camera.. Would they have put in on Lebanese soil?? Or were they on their own soil..

You dodged it ... because it makes sense... Unless you have a video of the shooter aiming straight up in the air.. Stop calling it a warning shot.. lets call it their first miss.

Another case of convenient truth!!! Pathetic!!!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Mobius1974]

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join