It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

www.google.com

ADAYSSEH, Lebanon — Lebanese and Israeli soldiers exchanged rocket and gunfire on Tuesday along the tense border between the two countries leaving two people injured on the Lebanese side, Lebanese army and security officials told AFP.

"The Israelis fired four rockets that fell near a Lebanese army position in the village of Adaysseh and the Lebanese army fired back," a security official in the area told AFP.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynetnews.com

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Another skirmish along the border between Israel and Lebanon.
The BBC news tikker claimed that 2 Israeli soldiers were injured in the exchange,although i have yet to find confirmation from the internet news sites.
The Lebanese army claim Israeli soldiers fired shells rockets and machine guns in this latest exchange.
I hope this does not turn into another war,as we have seen in the past.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The clashes erupted after Israeli soldiers reportedly attempted to uproot a tree on the Lebanese side of the border. Israeli security sources said that Israeli army engineers came under fire from Lebanese soldiers while working along the frontier and the troops shot back.
Explosions could be heard on the border "indicating a possible rocket strike on northern Israel", Israeli radio reported. The cross-border firing is continuing, Israeli security sources said.

english.aljazeera.net...

Still going on according to Reuters:

sources said the cross-border firing was continuing.

ca.reuters.com...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The pathetic warmongering Israeli children up to their old tricks again eh.

They never learn.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Here we go then. The U.N. force on the border needs to be given an updated remit where they can directly intervene themselves between the 2 forces.

Quite interesting to look at the different countries represented in UNIFIL which has been in Lebanon since 1978.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Reuters reporting two Lebanese soldiers dead.

www.alertnet.org...

Al Jazeera English Channel just now reported that eyewitnesses say there has now been artillery fire, and exchanges of fire are continuing. As they have just reported that, the article below just reports on the initial clashes, including an Al Manar TV report that an high-ranking Israeli soldier has been killed:

Israel-Lebanon troops exchange fire

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
haaretz

"It started when the Israelis wanted to cut a tree down inside Lebanon. The Lebanese army fired warning shots at them and they responded by shelling," one security source in Lebanon said.

Why they fired warning shots? Lebanese should kill them immediately without warning. They were inside Lebanon.

Israelis also killing Gazans without warning on Gaza border even if they are INSIDE Gaza.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am Lebanese and live in Lebanon, and am watching the news.
According to al jazeera, Israelis were spotted at the border trying to uproot a tree to put in place a surveillance camera, probably for spying.
Sickens me.

Edit:
To add something, according to NewTV, a lebanese journalist has just been killed.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by TheOrphic]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Oh goodness, won't God be pleased?!

Personal Disclosure: I wonder whether their ancient ancestor Abrahams words would be likened unto Jesus's "Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:"???

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
BBC news ticker reports Hezbollah claim that a high ranking Israeli soldier killed . [unconfirmed]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Some news in detail

Apparently the Lebanese army had wounded soldiers on the floor. When they rushed to get them out of the battlefield, the IDF shot artillery shots, killing at least two Lebanese soldiers.

If I am not mistaken, is it not illegal by the Geneva Convention to not allow rescue missions? Even worse, by ending the rescue mission by SHOOTING again?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Israel uproutes a tree and people die

Way to go Israel you scum

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Live footage on Otv showed trails of white smoke in the sky, probably Phosphorus, just like they used in 2006.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrphic
I am Lebanese and live in Lebanon, and am watching the news.
According to al jazeera, Israelis were spotted at the border trying to uproot a tree to put in place a surveillance camera, probably for spying.
Sickens me.

Edit:
To add something, according to NewTV, a lebanese journalist has just been killed.

You have my support through all this crap Israel put you and your people through

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Oh # this could be hitting the fan.

As i have said before my brother works al jazeera in the region

**3 lebanese soldiers killed***

Even more distrubing? jets are flying over gaza, not lebanon at the moment.

No bombing but a hell of alot of air-power in the sky right now my brother says.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Sky News reporting that an Israeli Tank opened fire on an Lebanese APC. The reporter says he expects the death toll to rise on the Lebanese side because of this and he went on to say an unconfirmed report said gunfire was continuing as late as half an hour ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ok direct quote from my brother in region at the moment.

"War is breaking out"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

I am there, and can tell you from live footage that it hasn't stopped.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh noo... Israeli soldier also killed apparently.

This means retaliation for sure now.

Edit....

Just coming in - Lebanese journalist has now died in another clash.

And Israeli jets have flown over Lebanon.
[edit on 8/3/2010 by jonny2410]

[edit on 8/3/2010 by jonny2410]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Well I hope they dont tap dance this time...Israel is going to wipe the sand with all of these little militaries..... Listen to yourselves.... You dont even know the full story and you have Israel at fault... How do YOU know what territory they were in?? Did the Lebanesse declare "WARNING SHOT" before firing?? You anti Israel water heads just need an excuse to spew your phlemy garbage... If someone shot a "warning shot" at me...In a hostile area.. I would ventilate his brain!!!Why is it, you expect proof and verification on EVERYTHING, unless it is against Israel? String up the zionists ...Before you get the truth!!! Pathetic... Bring it.. I know I just opend the door for a bunch of "facts" on how horrible the Israelis and Zionists are... All the war crimes ...all the crimes against humanity.. Bring it..I hope the Israelis play a game of catch with lebanon... With rockets and tanks!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Mobius1974]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join