It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Haaretz: Nasrallah: Hezbollah will respond if Israel assaults Lebanese army in the future

That means total all out war next time! As Israel will go after Hezbollah, then Syria and then Iran.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Latest from the JP:

Defense Minister Ehud Barak issued a warning to the Lebanese government, saying that Israel would not tolerate any attacks on citizens or soldiers on its "sovereign territory", and called on the international community to condemn the "criminal acts of the Lebanese army.
Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman instructed Israel's UN representative to submit a complaint UN secretary general and security council, citing a violation of UN Resolution 1701.
The complaint was made on the basis that Lebanese forces had opened fire despite the fact that the IDF had given prior warning to UNIFIL of their intention to cross the fence in order to cut down a tree, still within Israeli territory, since the fence does not always exactly parallel the border. Speaking at a press briefing on Tuesday afternoon, GOC Northern Command Maj. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot called the incident a "deliberate ambush."
The IDF soldiers were standing in Israeli territory when they were fired upon, a UNIFIL representative reportedly said Tuesday night. They did not cross the border into Lebanon.

www.jpost.com...

So the official Israeli line is that they were fire upon first.
Who knows.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

You know, I think anything is possible.

Hezbollah will be a staunch ally of Iran if Israel attacks.

But yes, I hadn't thought of that - deflecting attention. Don't know.

My take is that US is not fully on board yet...all the preparatory work has been done in US congress...I believe Congress gave the OK to a possible attack on Iran just this last week or so but they have't quite got all their ducks in place.

It could be that they want to keep Hezbollah busy in Lebanon, so that if/when they do attack Iran, Hezbollah's capacity to help Iran is significantly reduced.

That and the natural gas issue which is already causing tension between them because Israel wants to get its hands on it.

I suppose it's also possible that Israel is hoping to use a war against Iran as an opportunity to deflect attention and attack Lebanon again while everyone's looking the other way.

A potent tinderbox and a guessing game!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yes, but according to another report Israel violated the Lebanese border and were warned that f they didn't stop, shots would be fired. And they didn't stop.

If that's true it's rich - coming from a country which defends its own borders with such deadly aggression.

Israel seems to have a history of not recognising any country's borders at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
18:39 GMT

Arabs offer support to Lebanon:

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
.... Israeli is to blame for Aids/cancer/arthritis and last but not least... blind hate..

Hyperbole and ad hominem in such a concise jumble of words, wrong too, but what I have come to expect from this Mob, you must have a very low regard for your fellow ATSers if you think they're going to fall for the baloney you've been spouting in this thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Turkey should say something.

Something like they support Lebanon and will not stand idly by if Israel invades someone.

Turkey is a force to be reckoned with.

Turkey have summoned Barak for a meeting earlier... so maybe they'll talk about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hezbollah says will act if Israel attacks again

BEIRUT — Lebanon's Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, speaking after a border clash between Lebanese and Israeli troops, said on Tuesday his group would not stand silent if Israel attacked the Lebanese army in the future.

"I say honestly, that in any place where the Lebanese army will be assaulted and there's a presence for the resistance, and it is capable, the resistance will not stand silent, or quiet or restrained," Nasrallah said.

"The Israeli hand that targets the Lebanese army will be cut off," he told tens of thousands of supporters via video link.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Not trying to glorify violence, but I wanna see a video. Any out there? Or am I just being lazy? Found nothing on Google Vid.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Masinger]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'v been watching all the main news stations"I dont have MSNBC" but I' am very surprised that no one is talking of this issue. I'm only getting news from Al-Jazeera

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
I'v been watching all the main news stations"I dont have MSNBC" but I' am very surprised that no one is talking of this issue. I'm only getting news from Al-Jazeera

MSM are keeping quiet while the collapsing bankers regime's prepare for plan B - taking the world to war.... named as operation "kill the bloody lot!"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Bravo Russ212!! Your response deserves a star and flag. All on ATS should read the new News week. Shows a woman that was mutilated in Afganistan by her inlaws. Cut off her nose and ears. I guess all you Arab defending people think that is ok. Yea its their culture but look at the level of violence it represents. Yea Yea Yea Islam is about peace. Bulls**t. The only loving good Moslems are the sufi, whirrling dancers. They mind their own business. Israel is not perfect but would be peaceful if their neighbors would quit vowing their destruction. I am sure if the Arabs would stop all agression for a number of years , quit spending their money on wepons, and instead build a better infrastructue, the people would be better off. But no the eye for eyers will keep on with their revenge upon revenge upon revenge and the killing will never stop. Thus you have the overly defensive Israelis.
Another note when all of a sudden was it Israel that started the 1967 war? Excuse me several Arab nations attacked at once and Israel defended itself. Always Israel.
In closing show me what the Arab nations contribute to the world in respect to life. Check out how much advanced medical and other technical things come from Israel. Arabs will always be known as the suicide bombers, fatwa enforcers, honor killers, and oh cant forget the religion of peace seekers. Yea Yea

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansuzrune

your point is...?

According to NPR, “In 2003, a survey of female veterans found that 30 percent said they were raped in the military. A 2004 study of veterans who were seeking help for post-traumatic stress disorder found that 71 percent of the women said they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving. And a 1995 study of female veterans of the Gulf and earlier wars, found that 90 percent had been sexually harassed.”

newsjunkiepost.com...

On August 14, at 9 PM, Israel's Channel Ten television screened a documentary film which exposes the ugliest secret of Israel's Labor party founders: the deliberate mass radiation poisoning of nearly all Sephardi youths of a generation.

www.prisonplanet.com...

hiding monster-ism behind the pointy finger of demonism is a dangerous game my friend

now back to the regularly scheduled news cast we were all tuned into

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

In our culture is a crime of which if persued falls on the shoulders of the male perpretator. In islam the woman is always to blame. Your point?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansuzrune

i made my point
second line

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Anytime you have the mentality of my God is better than your God or I don't like the color, sex, thoughts of those people you will have wars. In my non professional opinion both sides are equally at fault and always will be until one side decides to lay down their weapons and grow the hell up. In several thousand years of being on this planet you think this would come natural by now, Everyone is different get over it. And I think one thing we can all agree on is it's not the people of these nations it's once again the politics of these nations and their "leaders" that cause all the problems. Pick up a PS3 duke it out with Modern Warfare no one gets killed if it's wars you want, whoever wins wins. You could even involve a third nation to throw in curveballs to the game if that tickles your fancy. If it were only that simple huh?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok Dan no arguments. I do know this. The stars and bars you so eloquently display in my area if the country of which I live,USA, depicts nothing but racism. It speaks of haters of African Americans and Jews. My arguing with you is dead end. Enjoy life and all that you support.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok Dan no arguments. I do know this. The stars and bars you so eloquently display in my area if the country of which I live,USA, depicts nothing but racism. It speaks of haters of African Americans and Jews. My arguing with you is dead end. Enjoy life and all that you support.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
sorry for econd post comp malfunction

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just a heads up.

Brother tells me there has been a loud explosion in Gaza about an hour ago. No idea what yet but he, and his friends, were sure they heard a plane.

If its some sort of air-strike it will be interesting to see the response of Hezbollah after their rhetoric today.

Anyway there you go.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join