Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansuzrune
reply to post by russ212

Bravo Russ212!! Your response deserves a star and flag. All on ATS should read the new News week. Shows a woman that was mutilated in Afganistan by her inlaws. Cut off her nose and ears. I guess all you Arab defending people think that is ok. Yea its their culture but look at the level of violence it represents. Yea Yea Yea Islam is about peace. Bulls**t. The only loving good Moslems are the sufi, whirrling dancers. They mind their own business. Israel is not perfect but would be peaceful if their neighbors would quit vowing their destruction. I am sure if the Arabs would stop all agression for a number of years , quit spending their money on wepons, and instead build a better infrastructue, the people would be better off. But no the eye for eyers will keep on with their revenge upon revenge upon revenge and the killing will never stop. Thus you have the overly defensive Israelis.
Another note when all of a sudden was it Israel that started the 1967 war? Excuse me several Arab nations attacked at once and Israel defended itself. Always Israel.
In closing show me what the Arab nations contribute to the world in respect to life. Check out how much advanced medical and other technical things come from Israel. Arabs will always be known as the suicide bombers, fatwa enforcers, honor killers, and oh cant forget the religion of peace seekers. Yea Yea

Wow. Just wow. It's a great day to be on ATS when reading comments like yours. I don't usually bite, but man you gotta get things into perspective. I learned something new today that has particular relevance to the rhetoric we are saturated with via the media and western governments. Remember when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said he wanted to wipe Israel off the face of the planet? Well, it turns out the translation was incorrect. How often do we hear this quote reiterated across ATS boards? Too often. What Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said was this:

The translation presented by IRNA has been challenged by Arash Norouzi, who says the statement "wiped off the map" was never made and that Ahmadinejad did not refer to the nation or land mass of Israel, but to the "regime occupying Jerusalem". Norouzi translated the original Persian to English, word for word, with the result, "the Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."[12] Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, agrees that Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as, "the Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).

Full article

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just breaking...

Report: Palestinians hurt in IDF strike in Gaza

Palestinian sources in Gaza said the IDF attacked a cell east of Khan Younis. A number of Palestinians were hurt in the attack. According to one report, one of them died of his wounds, said the sources.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ansuzrune

The flag im my AV? iS NOT THE STARS AND BARS
shows how much you know

As to your you opinion off what it represents?
link plz

The man who created it was the epitome of honor truth and reason.
he was honored by BOTH sides after the civil war
as a gentleman.

so you can back up your opinion in front of EVERYONE.
ATS knows from Ad hominim.

see Larry Love's post above for instance
people are catching on to the Zionist tactic of....misrepresentation.
as evidenced many times on this thread alone.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for info. That corroborates what my brother was saying.

Found this..

Israeli shelling kills Gaza militant -medics

Artillery? He must have been wrong then about hearing a jet. Unless its two different incidents.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by jonny2410]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410

Thanks for info. That corroborates what my brother was saying.

Artillery? He must have been wrong then about hearing a jet. Unless its too different incidents.

Your brother works for al Jazeera, correct? I am trying to remember if you said that a few posts back. We are getting the basics, but nothing really solid here in the UK, so your reports are very welcome by myself at least. Having sources on the ground and in the area is important.

A few media commentaries hint at this incident causing an upscale in violence. The BBC have gone on record by saying Israel's response was typically heavy handed.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Yes he works for AZ and at the moment is in Gaza.

When things like this happen he will often send me an SMS with some details.

I will be sure to let you guys know as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Thank you for the link...
Funny man.....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by Mobius1974

Israel admits to using white phosphorous in attacks on Gaza.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

(Times Online article. 24 January 2009).

Yeah, have you heard of a smoke screen, thats what white phosphorous is. You people crack me up. Bullets are lethal, Smoke is not unless your dumb enough not to get out of it and breath in to much of it. Every army in the world uses it. Israel used it to hide the movements of its troops and tanks and that is standard practice.

Just because the Arabs start a fight and get their butts kicked they go cry about anything they can.

Would you rather Israel carpet bomb Gaza like we did in Germany to keep the house to house combat at a minimum or the use of a smoke screen that help save Israeli troops lives?

It's telling that you refer to the Lebanese as "the Arabs" while you refer to Israelis as, well, the Israelis. Regarding white phosphorous, it's more than merely a smoke screen, though that is one application. It can also be dispersed as a toxic dust and the dust can be ignited to cause serious burns.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
as to the attack on Gaza

Jordan: Proof that rockets fired from Egypt

www.sanluisobispo.com...

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) - Jordan said Tuesday it has evidence that a rocket attack on its Red Sea port originated from neighboring Egypt's Sinai Peninsula.

www.sanluisobispo.com...

Looks like the rockets might be a false flag to justify the attack on Gaza while the US freezes Iranian bank acounts.

Just like the rockets fired by washing machine timer...there is NO WAY to know who set them off...and in all likelyhood they were false flags too...
Like the dancing Israelis...
Or the time Israeli assassins got caught using Canadian passports....

darn Zionists.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This thread dead?

Anyone got any updates?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So Israel is being attacked on 3 fronts ?

Rockets in the south east from Jordan/Egypt

Rockets from Gaza in the west, (so Israel tells us)

And gunfire from Lebanon to the north.

Isn't that just awful ?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Are you serious? Israel being attacked on 3 fronts?

Do you know what a FRONT is?

The Nazis were attacked on three fronts. Israel is barely attacked on one front.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Israel isn't attacked. Not really. Their right wing government still plays the victim card and is now calling other government's in the world anti-semitic.

To be honest, Israel's government whines a little too much.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I got the impression one of the rockets landed
IN Jordan
not FROM Jordan.
Jordan is not claiming Egyptians fired the rockets, just that some were not fired by Gazans...just that they were fired from Egyptian territory.

because the Gazan rockets are fired by timer anyone could have done it
like the claims of Lebanon provocing Israel earlier in this thread where the evidence presented by multiple sources indicates otherwise.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A spokesman said the Israelis were attempting to uproot trees on the Lebanese side obstructing their view.

"There was also talk of UNIFIL carrying out this operation but the Israelis insisted on doing it on their own."

news.ninemsn.com.au...

So Israel were told UNIFIL would do this but no, they needed armed IDF members to uproot trees!!!

BTW, I think any country has the right to block its view from another country if it so wishes..I'm sure Israel has spy planes/drones anyway...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by bigyin

Are you serious? Israel being attacked on 3 fronts?

Do you know what a FRONT is?

The Nazis were attacked on three fronts. Israel is barely attacked on one front.

I am affronted that you would insinuate that I would not know what a front was.

It's clear that Israel wants everyone to think that it is under attack when that clearly is not the case.

The whole thing is a charade by the whiners.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

You get affronted easily.

I was thinking that you were saying that a few Katyusha rocket were ``a front``...

I was just saying that considering that a front was a joke.

It seems I misunderstood your post... sorry about that...but you never know with all the extremists pro-Israel on the internet.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
cannot believe the anti-Israeli posts on here. I know that this site is very opioninated but I know alot of people on here that dont hate just debate.
kinda of dissapointing

[edit on 3-8-2010 by madhadder545]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhadder545
cannot believe the anti-Israeli posts on here. I know that this site is very opioninated but I know alot of people on here that dont hate just debate.
kinda of dissapointing

[edit on 3-8-2010 by madhadder545]

You "can't belive it"

What can't you believe.

No other country generates so much criticism, controversay and argument.

No other country behaves like Israel.

What is not to believe ?

Name me a country that deserves to be criticed more than Israel.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I looked at one of the photographs from today's clash in Lebanon and I can't be 100 per accurate with this, but in my opinion. One of the photo's clearly show's, that the Israel army had crossed a wired fence that was put up to separate both faction's, in order to prevent such clashes.

Israel acted today with complete idiocy, which resulted in a number of young men being killed on both sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join