It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOrphic

Now, even if that were true, why don't you ask yourself why that might be?

There is plenty of hard EVIDENCE about Israel's crimes. If people are anti-Israel - and millions are - don't you think there might be a REASON for that? Or do you prefer to think that anyone who is anti-Israel is stupid and irrational and bigoted and incapable of rational, informed thought?

You will also see many people criticizing, mistrusting and being highly suspicious of US policies, and EU policies .... so why the big deal if there is mistrust of Israel?

Or is there a view that Israel, alone, should be exempt from criticism?

Might I add that I have seen plenty of people on here who attack those who are anti-Israel, without providing any evidence of their own?

So tell me, what exactly is Israel doing to make the world a better place?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I wholeheartedly agree.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

More quotes from Nasrallah speech

All of Lebanon will not forgive or forget any invasion or rule-breaking. We are not afraid of you (talking to Israelis) or your threats

# After we watched how the Lebanese army is suffering, we just stood by because anything done must use wisdom.

# Anything the Army Command needs from us, everything is under their disposal. We have also called Nebih Berri,Hariri and Sleiman # We put all Hezb'Allah personnel and fighters under the order of the Lebanese Army; Whatever you need,we are next to you & where you want us

# Since the start of this incident today, all of Hezb'Allah's personnel have been put on high alert.

Follow the speech there:
Here on twitter

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

Man it sounds like 'ol Naz is aiming for an alliance with the Lebanese army...
I wondered about that before,but it seems thats what hes offering in his speech.
Wonder how the lebanese army will respond to that?
Even though they dislike Hezbollah,the army may wish to have acess to their extra firepower in any war I expect.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Israel admits to using white phosphorous in attacks on Gaza.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

(Times Online article. 24 January 2009).

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

One high ranking officer was hit by sniper fire BEFORE ISRAEL DID ANYTHING, another was seriously wounded. Take your childish Israel hating self and do some reading.

Snipers ALWAYS try to take out the leaders of the platoons first and since this is what happened you can bet money that the Lebanese troops fired the first shots or they would have never got a high ranking officer like that.

I hope Israel retaliates harshly and finishes this problem on their northern border once and for all.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Are there any more reports or information on the supposed Israeli military build-up on the border? Or is that not true?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Darn it.. I am such a fool... I thought we were specifically talking about the clash with Lebanon today... Wow I feel stupid..I didnt know that we were tlaking about the Gaza incident..

Oh wait were werent... maybe I am not the one with comprehension skills issues..

Sorry man... We were talking conflict specific.. Not use by country specific.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No doubt those flares or whatever you wish to call them(deployed from the helicopter)did contain WP.

The arguement will be that they were used as rocket/RPG countermeasures,which were deployed at the "acceptable"height,and not aimed at civilians etc...

From the footage it is difficult to see how high the copter is,and we only see the smoke trails.

Its hard to see whats going on on the ground as well from the camera viewpoint.

I am not saying its right,but I guess the IDF will get away with this particular use of WP.

Also there was no reports of horrid burnings of people which may be attributed to WP,aside from those unfortunate soldiers in the APC.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Narahllah just accused Israel of killing Hariri. It seems possible to me.

He said he would give evidence next monday.

Anyone wants to take a bet Israel will invade Lebanon before then?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Don't mean to bug you but you mentioned something about Israel massing troops on the border? is this true? Thanks.

If thats true your bet will probably come true!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Israel admits to using white phosphorous in attacks on Gaza.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

(Times Online article. 24 January 2009).

Yeah, have you heard of a smoke screen, thats what white phosphorous is. You people crack me up. Bullets are lethal, Smoke is not unless your dumb enough not to get out of it and breath in to much of it. Every army in the world uses it. Israel used it to hide the movements of its troops and tanks and that is standard practice.

Just because the Arabs start a fight and get their butts kicked they go cry about anything they can.

Would you rather Israel carpet bomb Gaza like we did in Germany to keep the house to house combat at a minimum or the use of a smoke screen that help save Israeli troops lives?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Well since the only thing I've seen from that is the fox news report directly from there on tv... and since I don't have a link, take that as a conditional.

But it would seems to me Israel would be stupid to not at least have a few troops and vehicles ready in case Hezbollah were to act.

So massing troops on the border would just be prudent for now.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Are there any more reports or information on the supposed Israeli military build-up on the border? Or is that not true?

This is about as much as I could find on the matter,and its only really a theory that If Hezbollah "build up" arms,they believe they are safer,but the Israelis see that as a threat,which will lead to a war:

"The buildup in military forces and threats of an all-out war that would spare neither civilians nor civilian infrastructure, together with the worrisome prospect of its regionalization, are effectively deterring all sides."
But while Hizballah and its regional backers, Syria and Iran, believe that the buildup in the Shi'ite militia's arsenal and capabilities is deterring Israel from launching attacks on any of them, Israel views the acquisition by Hizballah of a missile arsenal capable of raining destruction on Israeli cities as an intolerable threat.
"As Hizballah's firepower grows," the Crisis Group notes, "so too does Israel's desire to tackle the problem before it is too late ... What is holding the current architecture in place is also what could rapidly bring it down."

www.time.com...

Can't find anything about an Israeli troop build up.
Maybe they have local build ups in the area near todays clash or something.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hezbollah on high alert over concern Israel is 'Preparing something for us'

www.haaretz.com...

This has been building for several months:

Israel amassing troups on Lebanese border.
23 January news article:
sweetsilence.vox.com...

Just a thought. If Israel does want to attack Iran, they might want to try to weaken Hezbollah first.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Do you think it could be possible that Israel could use a war with Hezbollah as a cover/excuse to attack Irans nuke plants?

Generate a load of media interest over Lebannon,then a quick surgical strike on Bushedr reactor,while the eyes of the world are elsewhere...

I bloody hope not.
That sort of thing will destroy our way of life in short order IMO,and we should strive to prevent what would be a calamitous war for our species.

But all signs say its going to happen soon anyway,so hold on and hope its not as bad as I think it will be..

[edit on 3/8/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Well, contrary to your earlier statement about it not landing on the ground, it did...

You want evidence, you got it.

But you still wont accept that Israel has a responisbility under International law NOT to use white phosphorous, especially in areas of heavy civilian population.

You try to ridicule other people on the thread by saying they are too dumb to realise the phosphorous didn't hit the ground.

I present you with evidence that it did in fact hit the ground, and that Israel has admitted that.

So now you say it's not important that it was used and it did hit the ground.

It is against international law to use white phosphorous in civilian areas. Israel did use it in civilian areas and they admit to it and many innocent people, including children and emergency aid workers, suffered terrible burns and died as a result.

But you say that's not important.

And Israel lied about it and denied it. If it's not important, why did they feel the need to lie about their conscious and deliberate use of white phosphorous in civilian areas, especially if they thought it was perfectly legal and moral to use it?

I guess that's not important either.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It is so apparent who's side everyone is on.
I am with Mobius1974"s post on page 1
In fact I couldnt of said it better

[edit on 3-8-2010 by madhadder545]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yes.

Israel said that if a war broke out, they would go after ``Hezbollah sponsors``, meaning Syria and Iran.

If war breaks out, there's big chances that it will be a big Syria-Iran-Lebanon-Israel-US-Hamas war... worst case scenario, Turkey enters.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Let make it clear that I'm not for war but I am for waiting till all the reports come in, and not jumping to conclusions

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join