It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by TheOrphic

not getting involved in u guys squabble but these 14 men kinda ruined islams image for me today www.bbc.co.uk...

short summary(fark headline not mine "Sick" Nine muslims in trouble for emulating their prophet and taking a child bride. Actually, they didn't so much marry her as kidnap, drug, and pass her around as communal property (bbc.co.uk)

regardless of your feelings on ANYTHING this kinda stuff is WRONG and the people doing it should be stopped......

There are extremists in every religion, and as always the extremists will stay a minority, that's all I can say to this.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

You cannot use that as an arguement that islam is evil-what would have happened to those sick bastards in Saudi,Iran or Indonesia?

They all would have been hung-If they were LUCKY...

Anyways,back on topic,

Originally posted by TheOrphic
I didn't find the video yet, but here is a quote on yahoo news that shows what I meant

Ronith Daher, 32, a Lebanese journalist who was at the scene, said she saw a UNIFIL peacekeeper ask Israel not to allow the Israeli soldier to cross the fence and warned them the Lebanese troops would open fire. The Israelis proceeded, however, and Lebanese soldiers fired into the air, Daher said.

news.yahoo.com...

Well found-I wasn't doubting you by the way,and I expect the footage will turn up in the next day or two on liveleak or some site like that.Usually does.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah I know you weren't, but it's always good to have a source

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Israel is apparently massing troops and vehicles on the border.

We'll see.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yoohooo...right here... I said they should play catch together.. With Israel throwing rockets and bombs... me me me.. Right here pick me!

reply to post by virgom129

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You got a link mate? Cheers.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

Originally posted by Regensturm

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I hope the Israelis play a game of catch with lebanon... With rockets and tanks!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Mobius1974]

Words escape me. There's a poster in this thread from Lebanon, and you are wishing war on his country with much enthusiasm and excitement.

Where's your humanity?

wishing innocent people a terrible death shows a total lack of humanity... disgusting.

That was exactly his point. People were already getting their "anti-Israel" pitchforks and torches out before they even knew the facts. Ever hear the term "innocent before proven guilty"?

There are countless conflicts started by Israel...There are ALSO countless conflicts started by Lebanon. Picking sides before you know the facts just makes you prejudice.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

it was in response to a comment about all people are bad who are muslims jews etc(just people spreading hate) i just linked that to show how (like in most things) the bad people of any reilgion can ruin it for any one and make a religion or people look violent etc its all media spin

just makes me sad that people blame EVERY one (ie people hate isralis cuz of there goernment people hate americans because of there govnerment people hate lebboneese because of there governments actions people should be hateing the governments not the people or more acurately the individual people who commited said crimes and to not just lump it all in one basket

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sources?

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Israel is apparently massing troops and vehicles on the border.

We'll see.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

So you are disreguarding the fact that ALOT of people are stating the were over the fence.. BUT STILL ON ISRAELI LAND???

Convenient truth is a powerful thing.

Of course... Jump on the bandwagon..... Israeli is to blame for Aids/cancer/arthritis and last but not least... blind hate..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Jonny, they dont care.. No matter what facts came out.. the Israel hate machine is already at full power. There is nothing that could change this,....\

The Lebanese soldiers could get on national TV and state that they started it.... People on here would say "the Mossad must be holding their families hostage to make them say that".. Its rather pathetic..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by aWkiee

This image shows how, probably, everything started - Israeli soldiers tears down a tree

Lebanese soldiers stationed near by were sure the Israeli soldiers were crossing the border and entering Lebanon, so they warned them by shooting in the air, and later directly at the soldiers, "kill shots" as described in Sky News. An RPG missile was shot at an Israeli tank.
Israeli soldiers returned fire. Israeli armor shot at the Lebanese soldiers, and apparently also attacked from the air.
This is an image of a destroyed Lebanese APC.

3 Lebanese soldiers and one journalist were killed as a result.
This is a photo of one of the dead Lebanese soldiers.

A photo of an injured Lebanese soldier.

Two Lebanese soldiers, one of whom is holding an armed RPG launcher, similar to the one that was used to shoot at an Israeli tank today.

Injured Lebanese soldier.

Said destroyed APC.

No matter whos fault it is my heart goes out to the killed soldiers and their families.

WOW. A completely unbiased and informational post!

I am impressed.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Fox news people on the scene. There were lots of troops and vehicles in the area.

It was on TV.

Israel would be stupid to not be prepared if Nasrallah declares holy war on Israel.

Anyway Nasrallah is about to make his speech, so this should be the make it or break it moment.

So Israel massing troops and vehicles... FOR NOW is no big deal.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So where are these sources about Israel supposedly massing troops on the border? Aljazeera is doing a running blog on the situation and they mention NOTHING about it.

link   

See.. you have no idea.. THAT IS NOT WHITE PHOS.... Funny you see a smoke trail and automaticaly you call it WP... And all of your anti Israel groupies jump right on board... Look it up.. That was a trail.. Not WP

link   
reply to post by jonny2410

There are no jets over Gaza...
The Lebanese snipers killed a Israeli Officer..then Israel shot back...

One last point...Assad has jilted the Hezbollah, and sided with Harri.

The truth is there is you really want the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
don't you people ever get bored of this middle east crap.maybe this is supposed to be on ATS but this will go on for ever

[edit on 3-8-2010 by eyeswilldeceive]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by eyeswilldeceive]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrphic
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah I know you weren't, but it's always good to have a source

It has been mentioned in a number of other media outlets, so the reports from the journalist on the scene stand true. I have looked high and low for the video you mention, but couldn't find it. I am sure it will turn up.

On a side note, I see white phosphorous is being used over populated areas again. I guess the Geneva Convention has been ignored again.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

See.. you have no idea.. THAT IS NOT WHITE PHOS.... Funny you see a smoke trail and automaticaly you call it WP... And all of your anti Israel groupies jump right on board... Look it up.. That was a trail.. Not WP

This is White Phosphorus

Compare to the video.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Notice the trails from your "white phospherous" didnt reach the ground? If they were using it as a weapon it would have burned to the ground still glowing... but it didn't.... it was well above the tree line.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join