It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by TheOrphic

Slightly off topic, but how is the situation regarding the newly found oil and gas reserves being played at the moment? It is a story not covered in UK media and has been mentioned once or twice on ATS.

I am really trying not to be biased against Israel, believe me when I say that all I say is what I hear and see.

But Israel has claimed that that oil and gas reserve is in Israeli waters and that it belongs to them. The problem with this issue is that due to 15 years of civil war, and then 15 more years of occupation, we have not had our maritime borders redrew on maps for quite a while, and they're trying to take advantage of that fact to steal the reserves from us.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I tend to see Press TV as off-setting Fox News and being the counter-balance in views. You have two different version of the news, and the truth is somewhere in between them both.

Press TV is an interesting channel to watch news presented and reported from a non-western perspective. As is Russia Today, and to a lesser extent Al Jazeera English.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Netanyahu instructs IDF to firmly respond to any Lebanese fire (Haaretz)

So now Israel and Lebanon have said to both their troops to return fire heavily if anyone is shot at.

Let's hope no one starts it again.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Thanks for keeping us up to date from Lebanon.
No sign of that footage in the UK yet.
I hope the reports that the situation is now calmed down are true.
Stay safe

what about:

At least three Lebanese soldiers killed, A journalist was also killed, and four more Lebanese soldiers wounded by Israeli shelling on Tuesday.

and

One Israeli officer was killed during clashes between Israel and the Lebanese army along the border on Tuesday. 45-year-old Lt. Col. Dov Harari, from Netanya, was a reserves battalion commander in the engineering corps.

and

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman instructed Israel's UN representative to submit a complaint UN secretary general and security council, saying that Israel holds the Lebanese government responsible for the very serious incident.

and

Sleiman also called on the Lebanese army to "confront any Israeli aggression, whatever the sacrifices".
"This is a very significant development," said Rula Amin, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Beirut. "For the first time in years, clashes are taking place between Israel and the Lebanese army, not Hezbollah."

and

Tuesday's deadly exchange of fire between Israel and the Lebanese army along Israel's northern border sparked outrage among Arab leaders. Syrian President Bashar Assad said hours after the confrontation that Syria will stand by Lebanon "in the face of Israel's criminal aggression."

and

Lebanese witnesses said that Israeli shells are continuing to hit Adaisseh village.

hope im not fearmongering to much and nothing will escalate
and has always Israel will go unpunished with no UN/USA condemnations

i simply hate weapons ...and people who shoots to kill
Obama should condemn this shelling on lebanon
and the unjustify killing of the lebanese soldiers
another warcrime from Israel
IDF = Barbaric extremist terrorist millice killers

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by Ben81

Lebanon fires the first shot and you blame Israel. Why?

Duh, for crossing the border, silly!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Any chance this video will be uploaded everywhere so the Israeli lies can be shown to everyone?

That this whole thing was another Israeli provocation? Like all the Lebanese airspace violation or the kidnapping of Lebanese citizen by Israel... ect...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Lebanese witnesses said that Israeli shells are continuing to hit Adaisseh village.

That isn't true, the fighting has officially come to a halt, and has been for a bit.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Any chance this video will be uploaded everywhere so the Israeli lies can be shown to everyone?

That this whole thing was another Israeli provocation? Like all the Lebanese airspace violation or the kidnapping of Lebanese citizen by Israel... ect...

That is something I don't know. I really hope it can be viewed online, if I can find it I'll let you know.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

That makes no sense.... I would be launching the rocket, silly man!
Lebanon poked at the beast long enough.. see if you run around shouting that you won this war.. israel used discresion in the past.. I hope they toss it to the way side this time around.

If your in lebanon.. Ill tell you like you tell the citizens of the USA.. you get the govt. you deserve.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It makes me think about the last war when Israel took on hezbollah in the south of Lebannon-That war did not have the Lebanese army/government support,yet still cost many lives.

After todays clash-would it be fair to say that if any war started now,the army and hezbollah would unite?
Or are they more against one another to join forces?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Assad: Israel trying to destabilize ME

Syrian President Bashar Assad told Lebanese President Michel Suleiman that Syria would stand behind Lebanon and provide any necessary support after the cross-border fire incident on Tuesday, the Syrian state news agency SANA reported.

And by support does that mean troops/arms/missiles/opening another front?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ANDDDDDDD
this pure israelis propaganda from Debka news

Two high Israeli officers were killed in surprise Lebanese cross-border attack. One name was released, that of. Lt. Col. Dov Harari, 45, from Netanya, brigade commander of the eastern Lebanese sector. He was killed by what Maj. Gen. Gady Eisencott, OC Northern Command, later called one of two unprovoked "sniper ambushes" set by the Lebanese army - one against a group of Israeli officers standing behind the border fence and the second an RPG attack on an Israeli tank.
Lebanon reported three soldiers and one civilian killed in Israel's heavy retaliation for the attack.

Debka Story link

its not smelling good
war will happen soon ....and in many places

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
hilariously disgusting

Lebanese forces suddenly started shooting without any sort of provocation."
Israel decided on all-out retaliation because the attack was so completely unprovoked

Israeli PR at its "best"

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You are not being biased at all. Your posts have displayed nothing but objective thinking in a highly charged thread.

I had read that territorial boundaries were in dispute and the Lebanese government is now in the process of mapping them out. I am trying to learn a little more about this, but apparently there are 20 years worth of energy in those fields. I hope it doesn't become a precursor for Israel to become aggressive again.

Oh, I thought I would let you know that the Israeli Prime Minister labeled the UK as anti-semitic the other day so this insane right wing Israeli government knows no bounds. Rhetoric goes a long way in politics.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
hilariously disgusting

Lebanese forces suddenly started shooting without any sort of provocation."
Israel decided on all-out retaliation because the attack was so completely unprovoked

Israeli PR at its "best"

I really wish the footage I saw will be online, because it shows the COMPLETE contrary of what has just been said.

Also, to Silcone Synapse, that would be something unprecedented, but I really think that if it does happen it'd be something amazing, this country is too divided unfortunately.

EDIT: typo

[edit on 3-8-2010 by TheOrphic]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by EspyderMan

That makes no sense.... I would be launching the rocket, silly man!
Lebanon poked at the beast long enough.. see if you run around shouting that you won this war.. israel used discresion in the past.. I hope they toss it to the way side this time around.

If your in lebanon.. Ill tell you like you tell the citizens of the USA.. you get the govt. you deserve.

You got your tin hat on son, you ready to go to war?

If not, don't encourage others to kill women and children and whoever the hell else you want killed.

Be sage

Irishspirit

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
let analyse this comments from this CNN user

Israeli1; Lebanon should know the price of next war. There will be no building, no bridge in one piece.

this is what a pro-zionist moral judgement looks like
many in the IDF and in the Israel Gov Regime just think like that

Tensions rise as deadly border clashes erupt between Israel, Lebanon

Lebanon should know the price
Lebanon should know the price ..... What the hell ???

so wrong at so many level
they want the war and nobody will stop them
but the lebanese army need to defend themself
and unite with Hezbollah and confront the agressor

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Managed to view that report i linked:

www.liveleak.com...

As I thought,
It gets very pro hezbollah at the end,saying it proves their arguement that Israel is an enemy to all of lebannon,not just to themselves...

I hope they don't try to stir this up into more violence.

The report does show Israeli apache(?)helis,firing off flares,and a vehicle on fire.
No sign of the crane incident though.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
let analyse this comments from this CNN user

Israeli1; Lebanon should know the price of next war. There will be no building, no bridge in one piece.

this is what a pro-zionist moral judgement looks like
many in the IDF or in the Israel Regime just think like that

Tensions rise as deadly border clashes erupt between Israel, Lebanon

Lebanon should know the price ..... What the hell ???

so wrong at so many level
they want the war and nobody will stop them
but the lebanese army need to defend themself
and unite with Hezbollah and confront the agressor

Our army is sadly too unequipped to fight Israel, we have weapons that are of the WW2 period. If you look at the pictures that were posted, the soldiers use the standard RPG, which isn't accurate at all. That is why hezbollah fights most of the time, their guerilla strategies are perfect against the IDF, think of the vietcong, they use the same tactics.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

only matters if they were wearing medics uniforms with red cross/red crescent on them i belive and just a a personal curiosity did the isralis even sign the Geneva convention? did Lebanon not trying to start anything i just dont know

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join