It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

All? Um okay.

I'm happy that I'm here to be able to make you feel good. You win.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Only idiots and Nazi's would burn books!

That's all I'm sayin'

And IMHO in this case, the muslims should the better one's and consider to build their new mosque a bit further away where they can worship in peace without having to deal with all these tensions and possible future harassments from annual holy Qur'an book burners on their doorstep.

I feel sorry for all moderate people on both sides though, but their extremists will unfortunately keep on destroying any reasoned reconciliation between their three Abrahamic religions and the love for the same deity.

Unfortunately for everyone who are sane and peaceful worshippers, the PTB will probably destroy all three and replace them with mankind's oldest & first religion - the ancient goddess religion, which all the current religions in the world are more or less deriving from - the origin and mother nature.

Enjoy your book burning extravaganza!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
LOL!!!

I originally read the title of this thread as "burn a KOREAN day"!!!

I was like O NOES! Don't burn a Korean!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
LOL!!!

I originally read the title of this thread as "burn a KOREAN day"!!!

I was like O NOES! Don't burn a Korean!

Hehe! well! that could very well soon be the reality according to Heinrich Heine:

"Where they burn books, they will ultimately also burn people"

And that COULD unfortunately maybe include the burning of a Korean as well perhaps?

(So sorry if I offended anyone from Korea with this bad example)

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muftanan
reply to post by SevenThunders

Wait, you just left a link to a blatant anti-islam propaganda website, and you tell Danbones to "spare us the propaganda."

Hypocritical much?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by muftanan]

You would call any site that takes a negative position on Muhammed and his demonic religion, biased. So there is really no way to be fair by your standards. Now if I instead went on a hate Israel rant and started quoting 'facts' from a pro Hamas website, you'd have no problem with that.

Christians are the most persecuted religion in the world right now. You just don't want to accept this, because you love picking on them. It's a spiritual thing, your god hates my God. Happens all the time.

www.prisoneralert.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

You say that in every thread on this topic, don't you?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The claim about the opening date has not been proven yet:

mediamatters.org

Following right-wing media who pushed the claim without providing evidence, Fox News falsely reported that the Muslim community center and mosque set to be built near Ground Zero will open on the anniversary of 9-11. However, Daisy Khan, executive director of one of the organizations leading the project, told Media Matters that the allegation is "absolutely false" and that "the timeline has yet to be determined."

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Right. It is alternately presented 9/11/2011 for either opening or groundbreaking. When it became obvious that is was highly doubtful that they get get it built by 9/11/2011, it morphed into 9/11/2011 being the groundbreaking. It still flips flops in discussions.

Neither claim can be fact checked or traced. The closest anyone has gotten tracking down the "facts" was "hearing" that someone found this date in an Arabic online newspaper or discussion board...in Arabic.

The earliest reference I have found was in this political ad on YouTube for Congressional candidate Rick Barber, by Rich Barber. I believe this may possibly be where the rumor started.

The sad thing is some people will always remember this rumor as truth. That's the way things work in this country these days.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Quick grab your pitch fork and burn some crosses and witch's to! WTF do they think they'll achieve with this stupid stunt? Isn't there some law against desecration of religious artifacts? If not it's about time to introduce a Bonehead law... your a bonehead, strike...your out!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

You would call any site that takes a negative position on Muhammed and his demonic religion, biased.

Well, yes, that is one of the definitions of bias.

So there is really no way to be fair by your standards.

If you actually quoted an objective, balanced site, I'd be fine.

Now if I instead went on a hate Israel rant and started quoting 'facts' from a pro Hamas website, you'd have no problem with that.

I would have a problem with that. You would be quoting biased material again. Also, I don't care much for rants, or hatred.

Christians are the most persecuted religion in the world right now.

Nope.

You just don't want to accept this,

You're right, for once. Hooray! I don't want to accept this because you can't back this up with proper research.

because you love picking on them.

Nope. Most Christians I know are some of the nicest people I've met. I value them dearly and I thank God I came across them in my life, rather than the likes of you.

It's a spiritual thing, your god hates my God.

YOU'VE JUST WON THE PRIZE FOR DUMBEST COMMENT I'VE READ TODAY, YAY!!!

We have the SAME God, genius. We just differ on the status of Jesus, and OUR God definitely does NOT hate him, if you think Jesus is a god.

Happens all the time.

If you're talking about your ignorance, then yes.

www.prisoneralert.com...

Nice website,

en.wikipedia.org...

this one's a little more honest. Hey, they even got a link to "Persecution of Muslims" if that interests you, but it probably doesn't.

Straw man, much?

[edit on 3-8-2010 by muftanan]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Folks, it's just a `book`. There are lots of copies floating around so don't worry if the words go up in flames. I'd just be worried if at least one copy doesn't burn. That might be possessed.

Anyway, I just don't like people inciting violence. It's not necessary to pit an American church against Islam and all because of the 1st amendment right to burn good reading material. It's getting old again.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

it's not about the book, it's about the act and the thinking behind the act, with all that entails, lack of empathy, compassion and intolerance just to name a few. It's never been about the book (any book for that matter)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Although this little ploy is not particularly christian and is more of a stunt to sell the pastors book, the idea in general has some merit as a political protest, not necessarily a religious one. I say this as a committed christian, but also as an American patriot.

Our current administration is placing the rights of muslim extremists above Americans. They are granting terrorists constitutional rights even though they are foreign enemy combatants. Obama has even placed terrorist sympathizers and muslim extremists in some of the highest security positions in the land.

The Koran is more than a religious book, it is a call to arms and a call for a certain type of government, a religious dictatorship and the imposition of Sharia law. This concept is rightly to be protested by any freedom loving American. Moreover it is a good way to protest the disgusting Saudi funded mosque on ground zero. Better this than some violent action against the jihadist sympathizers.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
On 9/11 I had never heard of Osama bin Laden or the Koran. Never. My husband, who was a Navy Corpsman during desert storm, knew exactly who Osama was. He explained to me basically that Osama was leading the Muslim nation, using the Koran, to follow the Koran word for word, if it says kill then you kill, if it says die for then you will die for it's causes. Osama was a well known entity to the troops. My husband told me how when the WTC was almost blown up before, Osama vowed success at a later date. IMO, he was successful at that. And continues to incite fear in america, without lifting a finger. His minions? Anyone who follows the Koran as law. The Koran does not allow 'us' who are not Islamic, to live. We are to be destoyed. Why in the name of peter pan would anyone not understand that a mosque at ground zero is enough to incite hate and pain from a non demonational group of Christians is beyond me. Also, the book burning, is in America. Where you can show your feelings by peaceful demonstration and not worry that you have betrayed your nation or broken the laws thereof. I don't think America is the place for those who follow the rules that say America is to be taken down, is where they need to be putting up churches. It is gonna piss some people off.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Although this little ploy is not particularly christian and is more of a stunt to sell the pastors book,

Exactly.

the idea in general has some merit as a political protest, not necessarily a religious one. I say this as a committed christian, but also as an American patriot.

If you say so.

Our current administration is placing the rights of muslim extremists above Americans.

You're joking, right?

But I guess that policy explains all the drones flying over Chicago, dropping bombs in my neighborhood--wait, that's Afghanistan, never mind.

They are granting terrorists constitutional rights even though they are foreign enemy combatants.

Maybe they want to make sure they captured the right guys. Innocent until proven guilty and all.

Then again, Obama did authorize the assassination of radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. This is most certainly within constitutional rights. Then again, he's an American citizen, so, like you said before, his rights are being trampled upon.

Obama has even placed terrorist sympathizers and muslim extremists in some of the highest security positions in the land.

OH GOD, are you talking out of your a** again? At least give us one little grain of proof?

The Koran is more than a religious book,

Let me stop you right there. It's meant to establish a connection between its reader and our God. The Qur'an is also general guidance for aspects of life. It mainly discusses the qualities of God, the Afterlife, the history of the Prophets, and the commands of God for mankind.

it is a call to arms

Yep, but only when necessary against oppression. That's so wrong, isn't it? Who would ever fight against a tyrant?

and a call for a certain type of government,

Not really, it's not a political book. The 1st 4 caliphs all had different types of governments, after all.

a religious dictatorship

No. The Qur'an doesn't really mention anything about a dictatorship, except maybe Pharaoh, who was considered the worst tyrant. And, historically, people of other religions could choose to use their own sovereign court systems in the caliphate.

You've never even read the Quran, have you?

and the imposition of Sharia law

It's not a book of laws. Anyway, I'm not sure of your definition of sharia law, but if you mean the backwards cultural law that the much of the muslim world follows today, then no, the Quran doesn't tell anyone to impose that. If you mean that it directs Muslims to practice Islam, it obviously does that. It also calls non-muslims to Islam, but it doesn't impose anything on them.

See: quran.com...

This concept is rightly to be protested by any freedom loving American.

Your "concept" is quite flawed. Also, we Americans don't have a monopoly on freedom. It's a more of a natural human condition. You should say, "any freedom loving person." You might win a few people to your "cause."

Moreover

Great use of a transition word. My English teacher would be proud. :-)

it is a good way to protest

A better way to protest would be to actually protest by holding a rally or something outside the mosque site. By doing this in some random church backyard, you guys just look like Nazis or KKK, and you don't need those associations.

the disgusting Saudi funded

You're gonna piss off some decent Saudis with that one.

mosque on ground zero.

Not a mosque, more like a YMCA+prayer room. Not on ground zero, more like a few blocks away.

Better this than some violent action against the jihadist sympathizers.

Fo' sho'. We finally agree on something!

Ignorant, much?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I starred you only because of how naïve your post sounded. It's OK though, since you didn't know anything about the Quran before 9/11. I invite you to study more about Islam from reliable mainstream sources--not any biased internet forum or lies on the news. There are plenty of good books written by Muslim scholars to read, and if you go to any mosque, they would gladly welcome you. I pray and hope your questions will all be answered.

I'll leave you with 2 websites run by 2 of the most well-known Islamic scholars of the US:

muslimmatters.org...
www.suhaibwebb.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by muftanan]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
persians created chess.

yes my friends, smart is smart.
if this is indeed a big game of chess we are playing, i'd like to state for the record, that i ABHOR chess. don't mind a good round of pvp, but chess drives me bonkers.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

somebody took a page right out of the scifi dune and is using it like a playbook. really, you should see the film, read the first oh, 3 books, and watch the mini series. sometimes i just read the papers (and these threads) and laugh. it's almost to the point of being ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

if they build that mosque on ground zero, it'll be the biggest pr mistake in human history.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

...I may have a solution ( Half joking here...but..only half)
Where are the getting all these Korans they plan to burn?

I have never in my life seen an arabic Koran, so I'm betting they have english translations.

Translation of the Koran is forbidden.

So.....if my guess is right, they aren't burning REAL Korans..?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join