It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by black cat

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by black cat

OK, what about building the mosque pisses off Christians then? Is that better?

What about burning the Koran pisses off Muslims? The point is - does it matter?

I think it does and your reluctance to explain it says a lot. There's nothing but hate to your argument or you would engage in this debate.

Again, why is the building of the mosque offensive to Christians?

No sir. You've lost this debate and here's why - by insisting that I render an opinion, one that supposes I know what's in the hearts and minds of those Christians or individuals who are offended, you seek to ignore the outcome and want justification for the acts that are to come. By admitting "I think it does" you render an opinion which proves you biased. What's even more astounding is you render an opinion about me, calling my stand hateful, when you don't know what's in my heart and mind. Yet you seek to have me do the exact same for anyone who is upset by the building of the mosque. You have already admitted that you have fit me with your own label as "hateful" in this debate, so anything I say from here on out will not be met by you with any real scrutiny.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Read a little more about the Church and this kind of protest is inline with their style.

The church, which was founded in 1986, has long been controversial in Gainesville. The Koran-burning protest is just the latest in a string of high-profile "protests on other issues, such as homosexuality, same-sex marriage, and abortion," Religion News Service reports.

Full article

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

When you taunt a mad dog and he bites you, whose fault is it? The dog's?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by black cat

This Church has also been involved in nefarious activities according to the Huffington Post.

If protesting wasn't enough controversy for the church, it has also recently become the subject of investigation over its alleged for-profit enterprise. Jones uses the church as a tax-exempt business and makes profits from its unpaid members in various practices, including merchandising and eBay sales.

Full article

Edit to say: Maybe Jones was going to sell tickets for the Koran burning event?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
...so anything I say from here on out will not be met by you with any real scrutiny.

In other words you're bailing on the debate. OK, no prob. I'll pick it up and go with it without your thoughts, that are obvious that they aren't forthcoming.

911. # happened to America that hadn't happened since Pearl Harbor. Some say the 911 was the greatest terrorist action against America in history. I disagree. The American lives lost in that action and since don't number 10K. The actions of Pearl Harbor resulted in the lives of HUNDREDS OF THOUSAND of Americans.

I would also put forth that those that lost their lives during 911, the victims, also included Muslims. Over 3000 died that day and Muslims are 1/5 of the population. It would be ignorant to think that Muslims weren't also targeted on that day. But we look at the aggressors, not the targets. Easier that way to point a finger at someone.

This is NOT a theological debate, it's a political one. Americans think that this mosque is a slap in the face. What about those "others" that lost their live on Sept. 11, 2001? Were they all American? Were they all Christian? It's about throwing a pissant message back to people that had NOTHING to do with 911, but HEY, they're Muslim. The enemy.

You're up BC.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Well, I assumed the church was strange.

Now what?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't know. There are two separate issues here and both worthy of discussion. I guess we gotta wait a month or so to find out if the Church does indeed burn a Koran or two and in the meanwhile we can discuss whether an Islamic Community Centre should be built near Ground Zero.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't know. There are two separate issues here and both worthy of discussion. I guess we gotta wait a month or so to find out if the Church does indeed burn a Koran or two and in the meanwhile we can discuss whether an Islamic Community Centre should be built near Ground Zero.

OI have to cook supper,

but yes we could discuss that.

You think it is going to solve anything?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is an ad that ran on Fox. No wonder people are so skeert. I guess they have no faith whatsoever that this nation can withstand this kind of influence.

Here is an explosive new video that lobbies Americans to not allow the building of a huge mosque across from Ground Zero. It details Islam’s history of building mosques at sites around the world it considers emblematic of Jihadist victory over enemies. The video suggests the desire to build a mosque across from Ground Zero would follow in that tradition. Opposition to the building of a mosque there continues to grow, and the issue promises to become an explosive one in upcoming campaigns. www.thefoxnation.com...

NBC and CBS refused to air this ad.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Please, let's stick to the topic and "deny propaganda".

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I guess I will just be honest, I dont agree with this church if I was a pastor I would not hold a rally to burn korans. Although being the hypocrite that I am alot of the time I wouldnt shed a tear if I saw one burn. As far as the islamic church downtown New York, I would have to say we have freedom of religion and if they have all the paperowrk to build then thats there right as Americans. Then again I wouldnt be upset if there plans fell through and were forced to build out of view of good Christian folk. lol

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It's my freaking topic.

I was making a point (maybe not well) that NO WONDER PEOPLE LIKE THOSE IN THIS CHURCH ARE SCARED. It was SARCASM just to be CLEAR.

Feel better? Good.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
But I'm done here anyway.

Again, the only reason I posted this thread was to update and to show that the good church got their proof and their wish.

I'm moving to my new topic on the ADL's hypocrisy about "The Ground Zero Mosque." Hope to see you there --> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

But I thought islam was a a religion of peace? They want to spill American blood? Then bring it on.

Star for you!

Blaming the entire religion of >1 billion for the acts of a few crazies on an internet forum! How expected.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by muftanan]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Meh. Muslims are irrelevant.

And quite frankly, I am tired of hearing about them.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So here is what I gather:

1. White dove is going to hold a book burning to protest the "mosque at ground zero" and their overall hatred of Muslims.

2. The mosque at ground zero, isn't actually at ground zero, but two blocks away, feel free to google 45-47 Park Pl, NYC, while you may be able to see ground from the air, not from the street and most obviously not on ground zero .
This building was not even damaged in the attacks and has been there since the late 1800's. The same group looking to turn this into a mosque/cultural center has been using it for the same purpose for the past year. The only reason it needs to be rebuilt is because this group wants to demo it and rebuild it with this expressed plan for construction.

Therefore, there is no need to protest that unless one wants to outlaw mosques in all of NYC, not going to happen.

3. The minister in charge of white dove, has recently written a book about how evil Islam is and sells t shirts with the same title.

4. The same minister and his wife are under investigation for abusing their tax exempt status, as well as running a for profit church.

My personal conclusion therefore is that this man is out for publicity for said book. Whether or not the threats actually happened or not is irrelevant to me, because that is what he sought out to do. He planned an event with the sole purpose of hoping to incite violence.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Meh. Muslims are irrelevant.

And quite frankly, I am tired of hearing about them.

That's smartest and well thought out reply of this thread, you should get an applause for that.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
But I'm done here anyway.

Again, the only reason I posted this thread was to update and to show that the good church got their proof and their wish.

I'm moving to my new topic on the ADL's hypocrisy about "The Ground Zero Mosque." Hope to see you there --> www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hate to be a dink but does that mean "Propaganda Pt2."? You lost the debate here and we're to follow this tripe in that thread?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What? I'm not debating anything. I was making an observation.

If you care to, please explain what you are on about about propaganda.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

What? I'm not debating anything. I was making an observation.

Interesting that ALL your "observations" are pro-Muslim, anti-Israel, etc. What, you think we can't read and deduce logic?

If you care to, please explain what you are on about about propaganda.

I think I just made my point.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join