It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by ~Lucidity

if they build that mosque on ground zero, it'll be the biggest pr mistake in human history.

How many more years will it take for people to allow the scars of a nation's psyche to heal. It has been ten years since 9/11 and there is no need for this attitude to continue for another ten.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dove World Outreach Church

Their name speaks of peace and connecting to the rest of the world. Hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

And watch this, the group is going to blame the "violence of Islam" for the the threads, instead of their own dumb asses for inciting violence with this ridiculous little "event" they are planning.

~Keeper

Maybe this church did engage in some "baiting".

Still, I don't suppose there was any way - here in the 21st century - the the so-called "religion of peace" could have just looked the other way and ignored this. Think about it. A perfect media opp to show all those islam haters that they really are a bunch of nice guys after all.

Fail ...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Flawless logic. The religion of peace did look the other way and ignore it. It was just one tiny group of users on a random internet forum that decided to make a threat. Or, did you assume they speak for the entire religion of >1 billion?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

I assume they speak for a "significant percentage" of muslims.

Let's do the math. Assume only 1% of 1.5 billion muslims world-wide wants to get revenge on the book burning church. So that would mean that 15 million muslims would also be in favor of creating that "river of blood".

Polls have shown, however, that the percentage of radical muslims to non-radical muslims is not just 1%, it is more like 7% - which would equate to over 100 million radical muslims.

That is hardly a trivial number ...

Gallup poll

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ahhh, way to fight fire with fire!

In this case, the fire is human stupidity...

so much for the "religion of peace"

Any of you who are supporting either side of this debate deserve to be slapped in the face yourselves.

This is a pathetic argument. Both actions fall under certain freedoms given in this country, both actions are born from pure stupidity and malice, and you all want it both ways like a bunch of children.

Can't have your cake & eat it too.

Grow up.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

rawstory.com

The church's plans have grabbed the attention of the Islamist movement. Members of the al-Falluja online forum have reportedly promised to "spill rivers of your (American) blood" if the event goes forward.

But the church is holding steadfast in its position.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Although my initial thoughts were that the church is not acting very "church like", the response by al-felluja is absurd.
They are planning on spilling rivers of American blood? Really?

FYI al-felluja, I don't believe what you believe and am in no way bound by your rules or laws. That being said, the quran has no more significance to me the the dictionary. It has no religious significance to me at all.
That being said, it makes great kindling. BRING IT !!!!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by jfj123]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

this is how it works:

1. the ones who believe 9-11 was an inside job, but who don't frequent the propaganda machine that is ATS, will see it as a provocation meant to upset american people in general, not specifically christians or jews, and will likely change their position on the situation. people from every walk of life and religion, died as a result of 9-11 (and continue to do so).

2. ones who think islamic terrorism was the cause of 9-11 and believe it was not an inside job, will see it as a huge insult to their loved ones who died, fellow americans who died, etc. it'll open up the whole can of worms, all over again. very bad pr move.

this is not a cut and dry issue of forgiveness and healing wounds. there are many people from different races, creeds, genders, ages, reilgions and even countries of origin (some of the people were not even americans) who have died from the event. it's just not that simple.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am sorry, but no. I don't agree with your reasoning because these attitudes which prevail 10-years on are nonsensical. You either continue to hate or progress with unification. It is the peoples choice.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't know which definition on radical extremists would work and even if we could quantify that, how could we ever even begin to count them? I

No one ever seems to have a real estimate of how big or small al Qaeda might be (and they're but one organization). The number shifts with how many operatives we pay or they pay. And with some groups, I mean we counted the Taliban among our friends, then our enemies, and then our friends again. Hamas is now in government. Anyone who disagrees with our ideologies gets classified as terrorist.

These lines are ever-shifting according to need. And the things is, our actions are very probably creating more extremists. I know for damn sure that their actions created more extremists in America.

Same goes for other extremist groups, of course.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

well i'm sorry but people still use the holy roman empire's crusade as a reason to disrespect ALL christianity and that happened 100's of years ago. you're not just talking about a handful of religious nuts either. you're talking about negatively influencing billions of people with this pr move, some of who lost people there while on vacation from other countries, women, children, old people, people on pensions, sick people, handicaps, police, firemen, hospital workers, ambulance drivers, nurses, doctors, electricians, architects, artists, musicians, ya know, every religion and non-religion.

as i said, really bad pr move.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by undo

I am sorry, but no. I don't agree with your reasoning because these attitudes which prevail 10-years on are nonsensical. You either continue to hate or progress with unification. It is the peoples choice.

I'll go ahead and continue to hate radical extremists as they want me and everyone who doesn't believe as they do, DEAD.

10 years won't make them less insane .

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

i think who ever is behind this move, decided it would be a good idea to play up the book burning thing, trying to garner sympathy for the decision to build it there, rather than have it be such an obviously bad choice. i had someone burn a religious book i owned, but you don't see it on national TV, ya know? this entire thing stinks to high heaven.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

And do you hate them to the point of wanting them dead? Or even further expanded, that you hate and mistrust anyone who looks like them or follows the same religion? And, if so, would this make you a radical extremist yourself?

I try not to forget what created some of these radical extremists to begin with.

Some mistrust their religion as evil and murderous, but do people realize that they see other religions as that too? Particularly when they see and hear some of the things our leaders and people say. Do people think they don't get online or watch TV and hear all these discussions about them and see themselves cast in a negative light?

How would you feel if that happened to you? Angry as hell, I get. The proof's right here.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Why can't people respect each others beliefs. This is why I hate religion it only creates division among the people. This church is no better than an Islamic fundamentalist group or no better than any Zionists. What is crazy is that all three groups Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same God. They all acknowledge God, Angels, Moses and Jesus though Jesus is taught to be a prophet by the Muslims and he is known among the Jews albeit in a different light. It would seem that with all of the above similarities that these three people's of the book would be able to live together....instead they perpetrate violence against one another. The people that are part of any one of these religions that doesn't like another religion should be put in an arena with swords and let go at it. Instead these jerks will take everyone with them women children old and young who want no part of they're war of hatred.Who is this church to judge? God is the judge not man. Didn't Jesus say in the Sermon on the Mount "to love thy neighbor as thyself" (something to that effect) he also had something to say about judging others as well. This church is judging big time and doing it in a way that is not peaceful, people need to live and let live instead of spreading seeds of hatred.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

it's still a REALLY bad idea.
makes ya wonder what TPTB have against muslims doesn't it?
think about it. i mean really think about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

in the usa, anybody can build a church, install a pastor or wise teacher, and off ya go. we have no idea who those people are who have decided to make this big book burning event, but i can guarantee you, if they actually read the text of yeshua, they would see there is no call to burn other people's books, buildings or bodies. this has all been orchestrated from on high and if you believe otherwise, ya gots no busIness on ATS

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Seems no one wants to "give in."

No one wants to surrender to peace.

That's all I can figure.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

no dear, we aren't given a choice. you understand that? how can you be on ats this long and not realize that most people are moderates that can't figure out what the flip is going on, which has lead some of them here because nothing else makes sense. once they get here they are bombarded with every kind of conceivable hate speech imaginable, from every sector and nation on the planet.

to put it mildly, this place is quickly becoming a propaganda machine that'd put the most radical amongst us to shame in its sheer magnitude. somebody big wants complete control and they are willing to do it, by any means necessary. that's why i think, for the safety of american muslims, they should not build that mosque on ground zero, and if the guys with the big plans for muslims hope to positively influence people, ground zero mosque=really bad pr move.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think everyone is missing the point here. Freedom of speech if okay except when it offends Muslims because they react with violence.

So screw Jesus.

Screw Moses.

Screw Vishnu, Buddha, Confucius, Joe Smith and even the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

But Mohammad is great because I don't want Muslims to kill me.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join