It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

rawstory.com

The church's plans have grabbed the attention of the Islamist movement. Members of the al-Falluja online forum have reportedly promised to "spill rivers of your (American) blood" if the event goes forward.

But the church is holding steadfast in its position.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well, I guess they got what they wanted. Attention.

And I'm sure that the one Islamist group responding to them in this way simply validates to them that "they were right" and the vast majority of all faiths who criticized and condemned this action were wrong.

Ignorance begets and ignorance. And propagates it too. Sad, sad state of affairs.

There is a good lesson here, though. You reap what you sow. They might want to think about that. I hope they do.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Gee, nobody saw that one coming..

And watch this, the group is going to blame the "violence of Islam" for the the threads, instead of their own dumb asses for inciting violence with this ridiculous little "event" they are planning.

I hate fake Christians

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Look at the bright side Luc...pretty soon, after a couple of hurricanes, the whole place will be covered in volatile chemicals...remember Mrs O'Leary's cow?
You know the one that kicked over the lantern and burned down Chicago...

God:
"So you are the erectile deficiency that burned down Florida"
(A statement, not a question; God don't ask questions, being the all knowing and all)

Reverend: bbbt I...

God:I used to vacation there once in a while, Nice beaches. They used to make little drinks with umbrellas... I like umbrellas.
(pulls lever)
"Next"

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Nothing says Christianity more than cooking hot dogs and marshmallows over a burning Koran.

Are they having a gun/knife show in the parking lot at the same time?

Only in America, could anyone do this silly crap.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Right? No one could have ever predicted this. And so it goes on. Just a little more hate in the world....

reply to post by Danbones

Haha...thanks for the laugh. You always provide such a unique perspective in your analysis. I betcha we all know what the Rev would say to God.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by hinky

Well...I wouldn't go that far, hinky!

Settlers burn Koran in mosque attack as reprisal for Israel's freeze on expansion

While I don't presume to speak for Hinki:
I am sure he meant Kosher hot dogs

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is possibly the 4th thread on this so I'll chime in.

What many are failing to notice is that this is a reaction to the mosque being built near Ground Zero that many feel is not an innocent and benign act that it is being made out to be.

The controversy over the construction of a mosque near Ground Zero in Manhattan has sparked a wave of anti-Muslim activism among some conservative and religious groups, and nowhere is that more in evidence than in a non-denominational church's plan to hold a "Burn a Koran Day" on the next anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

I'm not saying that excuses this church (more on this in a minute) but all the posts I've read in the multiple threads are missing this point and are using this to blast Christians as instigators coming out of nowhere.

Yes, their act of burning Korans on 9/11 is much more obvious while the Mosque planned for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 is a lot more subtle. Well, to some. It's very obvious to me what they're doing for the tenth anniversary of our nation's greatest terrorist attack.

So I'm sorry but in this instance, their plan to protest with burning the Koran is in reference to what many deem a 'victory flag' and a slap in the face to Americans. But that goes unnoticed.

And for the record, Christian groups are calling this church out on their plans so it's not as if they're getting a high five from the Christian community:

The church has drawn condemnation from the National Association of Evangelicals, which said in a statement that "Burn a Koran Day" shows "disrespect for our Muslim neighbors and would exacerbate tensions between Christians and Muslims throughout the world."

rawstory.com...

So the whole thing is a cluster bomb and I wanted to get some facts straight to portray both sides since that seems to be getting missed in favor of 'Christians are terrible' posts in that they came out of nowhere starting all this when this is not very true.

And for a preemptive rebuttal: Just like the building of a mosque is deemed to be insensitive and a slap in the face, it still falls under the freedom of religion. Likewise, the burning of a Koran is something I feel is dangerous and just as insensitive but it still falls under the freedom of protest.

You can't have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure if i held a burn a bible day publicly their would be a small amount of Christians that would want me dead! it's nothing but a provocation and the people responsible deserve what they get, but sadly if anyone does feel the repercussions of this chances are they'll be innocent. theirs free speech and then there's just plain provocation and this falls under the latter. how can we ever find world peace when have bull# like this dividing us. i feel sorry for all those people that will be burning the Koran their obviously walking through life with there eyes closed blindly following manipulative individuals that use them as pawns to cause nothing but misery and hate. i don't believe in any god but I'm sure if their is one (or a group of gods) they certainly wouldn't support this type of crap (and that's all it is)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

To give me some credit Ash, I did state "fake" Christians.

And I agree that there's some BS on both sides, although I'm not sure if I believe, the whole, they planned to build a mosque on the 10th year just to "one up" Christianity.

I also don't understand what the problem is, Islam didn't attack the USA, humans did, religious fundementals at that.

If anything you all should have learned how DANGEROUS blind faith and desperation can lead to a catastrophic, life changing and world changing event.

But no, we've just made bigger toys to hurt each other and done it in the name of God. Instead of resolving our issues we've simply pushed each other farther apart.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Unless of course Muslims were framed for 9/11?

Just saying ...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The mosque was approved by residential councils who voted...
why do certain Christians have such a problem with the democratic process..?

Muslims are not responsible for that vote.
let alone 911.
Don't certain Christians do proof?

As the Reverend Haggee said "Hitler was doing God's work"
Oh right, the Allies burned down Dresden.

Have the Allies got any books we could burn?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
This is possibly the 4th thread on this so I'll chime in.

What many are failing to notice is that this is a reaction to the mosque being built near Ground Zero that many feel is not an innocent and benign act that it is being made out to be.
Yeah, it's actually part of a greater Islamic conspiracy to take over America
Christ almighty, I'm keen to know how you manage to tie you own shoe laces in the morning.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Point taken, AshleyD.

This is a new story in that the church in Florida has gotten the reaction they wanted.

I can't speak for everyone, but I have not failed to notice why they are doing this. In fact, it is clearly stated in the first paragraph of the article linked to in the OP.

Yes, their doing this was a reaction in itself to the Islamic center most recently, but also to 9/11 and the fear that was beaten into them about Muslims and Islam in general ever since.

If you want to get into a debate about cause and effect and action and reaction, we can take it back to why we think 9/11 even happened. Many people aren't aware that it wasn't a random act of hate and violence. There was a reason. So the ball is back in whose court?

This church is in Florida, not in NYC. It is up to the community in NYC to determine whether they want the Islamic center there or not.

The 9/11/2011 opening date or groundbreaking date is not true. It's a falsehood invented and propagated by the usual suspects.

I haven't seen many if anyone in all the threads about this church saying this church doesn't have the right to burn all the Korans they want. But with freedom and the exercising thereof comes great responsibility...and consequences.

And this freedom doesn't exempt them from criticism from people who don't happen to agree that they are accomplishing anything but propagating more hate and ignorance.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No worries, Tenth. I know you too good to know where you're coming from. Your posts were not what I had in mind. There have been several threads on this and the comments were very one sided so I was addressing them across board. You're fine.

I'm keen to know how you manage to tie you own shoe laces in the morning.

I don't. My low IQ forces me to resort to velcro shoes.

And I'm sorry my factual and even sided post had to bring out such a snide remark from you.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

But nobody knows WHO was responsible for 9/11 - It could very well have been Israel.

So as far as facts go....

Just saying...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Or Pakistan. And they were mostly Saudis...

I don't think religion has a whole lot to do with what happened on that day. Period.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Anyone that knows how far a corrupt government is willing to go,
especially one as puppeteered as the US should at least be willing to
entertain the possibility 911 was CIA. Also just a thought to stay on topic,
maybe your muslim presedent had some say in the location of the
mosque.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I haven't seen many if anyone in all the threads about this church saying this church doesn't have the right to burn all the Korans they want. But with freedom and the exercising thereof comes great responsibility...and consequences.

Completely agreed. That is why I framed that as a 'preemptive rebuttal' because I figured someone would eventually bring up the 'rights' issue.

reply to post by mr-lizard

That question repeatedly came up in all the mosque threads, too. I don't know what else to say other than this is going to be dependent on the individual's view of 9/11. For those that think 9/11 was strictly an inside job, this point is moot.

For those like me who do believe a part of it was caused by extreme Islamic actions, then this becomes pertinent. But it's going to depend of one's take of 9/11.

Fair, no?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join