It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by tothetenthpower

No worries, Tenth. I know you too good to know where you're coming from. Your posts were not what I had in mind. There have been several threads on this and the comments were very one sided so I was addressing them across board. You're fine.

Strange, I was going for offensive

I agree though, they have been unfairly one sided, but that's cause it took you 4 threads to speak up...

I'm keen to know how you manage to tie you own shoe laces in the morning.

I don't. My low IQ forces me to stick to velcro.

And I'm sorry my factual and even sides post had to bring out such a snide remark from you.

Yeah us "liberal" types have all kinds of problems in the morning with shoes, and clothes.

I think my shirt is on backwards right now actually...

~Keeper

[edit on 8/1/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I haven't seen many if anyone in all the threads about this church saying this church doesn't have the right to burn all the Korans they want. But with freedom and the exercising thereof comes great responsibility...and consequences.

Completely agreed. That is why I framed that as a 'preemptive rebuttal' because I figured someone would eventually bring up the 'rights' issue.

This is all you picked out of my lengthy reply to you to address? A relative non-issue where I was simply agreeing? Wow. Nothing about the pack of lies with the "Mosque at Ground Zero" fiasco you seemingly defend? Interesting. But that's okay. Let's leave it at that. We're probably not going to come to a consensus on this one.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

This is all you picked out of my lengthy reply to you to address? A relative non-issue where I was simply agreeing? Wow. Nothing about the pack of lies with the "Mosque at Ground Zero" fiasco you seemingly defend? Interesting.

Goodness! I was busy with replying to multiple people. But if you insist.

From your previous post:

This is a new story in that the church in Florida has gotten the reaction they wanted.

Perhaps those behind the mosque got the reaction they wanted?

I can't speak for everyone, but I have not failed to notice why they are doing this. In fact, it is clearly stated in the first paragraph of the article linked to in the OP.

Yes, their doing this was a reaction in itself to the Islamic center most recently, but also to 9/11 and the fear that was beaten into them about Muslims and Islam in general ever since.

You may have noticed but the dozens of posts in the other threads have not. They have been very one sided about the insensitivity of Christians without every stopping to think perhaps a mosque in the area of a terrorist task is also offensive.

Your OP also failed to mention it other than the external article so I brought it up.

If you want to get into a debate about cause and effect and action and reaction, we can take it back to why we think 9/11 even happened. Many people aren't aware that it wasn't a random act of hate and violence.

There was a reason. So the ball is back in whose court?

It sounds as if you want to dismiss any blame on others and just say it was us who provoked them? Before I expand, please clarify what you're getting at.

This church is in Florida, not in NYC. It is up to the community in NYC to determine whether they want the Islamic center there or not.

And perhaps they broaden the scope to not feel as if it's only an 'NYC' issue but an American issue?

The 9/11/2011 opening date or groundbreaking date is not true. It's a falsehood invented and propagated by the usual suspects.

You may be right on that. I'm Googling now and am seeing some say 9/11 is significant while others are silent on the fact. So you may be right. If you have some sources debunking it, I'd like to see it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yes, it was clearly illogical on my part to not assume you were replying to just one of my points there and would get back to the rest later. Sorry.

It sounds as if you want to dismiss any blame on others and just say it was us who provoked them? Before I expand, please clarify what you're getting at.

Dismiss blame? Um no. Where did I dismiss blame in bringing up cause and effect or action and reaction? This sad state of affairs didn't start on 9/11 when some people just randomly flew planes into the towers and Pentagon because they wanted to take over our land. You know?

All I'm "getting at" is that people's awareness, fear, hatred, and loathing of both Islam and Muslims began on 9/11 and was drummed into them, and most never go back further than that date or can even explain the causes and effects.

Good luck Googling the fact false 9/11/2011. Only 600,000 hits on the viral insanity about this lie. I know it's a lie because my sister lives in that neighborhood and knows that was never any date...neither for groundbreaking or opening, which would be a virtual impossibility. One would think logic might tell people that, but since when is fear logic-based.

I edited the response you responded to to say, never mind. It's kind of pointless. People don't change their minds on the subject of the Islamic center near Ground Zero. And in the end, it really only concerns the people in that direct community, and they have approved it. It's really none of anyone else's business.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

"Sunday’s rally comes less than two weeks after a New York community board voted 29 to 1 in favor of plans to build a mosque and Islam center near the 9/11 site.

The center, which will be known as the Cordoba House, is being marketed by project organizers as a world-class facility that promotes tolerance and reflects the rich diversity of New York City."

au.christiantoday.com...

By all means lets burn books protesting
christian residents of the area voting democratically
for tolerance and peace...
Can't have any of that in Amerika.

Ps
we'll blame the MUSLIMS!
sounds just like 911 no?

PS
AD
I had forgotten just how hot MTM really was
as well as talented and well written..

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I have seen conflicting number on the vote...24-11 with two abstaining and then another one. But the point remains, it's their community. NYC is used to diversity and coexisting with people not exactly like them. It's what makes that city such an interesting place.

Rich Sanchez interview with the preacher of the church.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well...I didn't mean to restart old debates covered elsewhere. Just wanted to post this as an update. I guess they got what they wanted and their good work toward leading us to annihilation for Zion will continue.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
people that fight over religion, any religion, are pawns and basically fools.

TIP:
start believing more in yourself and also in your loved ones and less in things you cannot and never will see with your own eyes. you ARE your own temple.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Gee, nobody saw that one coming..

And watch this, the group is going to blame the "violence of Islam" for the the threads, instead of their own dumb asses for inciting violence with this ridiculous little "event" they are planning.

I disagree with their event and all, but...

At some point, someone needs to draw a line in the sand. From where I'm sitting, Islam doesn't appear to be a religion of peace. I met some really nice (and educated) Muslims, so there are plenty of people to enjoy talking to and working with, but I'm against Islamization of any nation, including the US.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I have seen conflicting number on the vote...24-11 with two abstaining and then another one. But the point remains, it's their community. NYC is used to diversity and coexisting with people not exactly like them. It's what makes that city such an interesting place.

Rich Sanchez interview with the preacher of the church.

Agreed, there may be conflicting stories, and agreed NYC is, if nothng else divers...if Christ wasn't about forgivness then what...?
And thats assuming the Muslims did it, and all the burning niclear depleted Uranium hell that Iraq actually has become was for Justice sake...

Oh wait, Saddam was against Al CIA duh...and the Taliban offered up OBL..they just asked for proof that he did 911...bet they never do that again...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Do you really, really believe this is a threat? We have immigration laws...oh wait....

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Fine, from now on, everyone worship Zeus, burn all Windows manual.

No religion ask to burn holy book except satanism cult.

If burning books a success, maybe we shud up the ante by burning the mosque, then their cars, then their house, then uhh you know the drill.

Is that what we want in this world ?.

When god ask "Why do you burn my words", hopefully they got good answer.

The reverend MIGHT be burned in hell for burning holy books. Lets him answer that to god. I'm in no position to judge him, just to remind everyone.

Reminder:
NEVER burn Torah, Psalms, Gospel and Koran for they are the holy books no matter what your religion or belief and no matter how much you hate the other guy religion.

You are allowed to burn MS Window95 Essentials on daily basis.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Gee, nobody saw that one coming..

And watch this, the group is going to blame the "violence of Islam" for the the threads, instead of their own dumb asses for inciting violence with this ridiculous little "event" they are planning.

I disagree with their event and all, but...

At some point, someone needs to draw a line in the sand. From where I'm sitting, Islam doesn't appear to be a religion of peace. I met some really nice (and educated) Muslims, so there are plenty of people to enjoy talking to and working with, but I'm against Islamization of any nation, including the US.

In that case you should be against any religious group attempting to make society follow their rules and norms.

You can't just pick and choose with religions are "bad" ones and which ones are "good" ones.

Christianity has never been a religion of piece either, and we all know there are thousands upon thousands of examples to draw upon for that.

Any other religion for that matter as well.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

In that case you should be against any religious group attempting to make society follow their rules and norms.

You can't just pick and choose with religions are "bad" ones and which ones are "good" ones.

You bet I can.

For that matter, I dislike Christian nut cases.

What I'm trying to say is we need a cementing ideology in this society, to keep it whole. Not being overly religious myself, I think we'd better stay with what we had before that new fad, Islam. Just being pragmatic here.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RainCloud

Apparently some American idiots have also questioned whether a Muslim has the right to be or should be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. Too close to the Pentagon, I guess. After Ft Hood, some other idiots wanted them expelled from the military altogether. More of the same insanity.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You bet I can.

For that matter, I dislike Christian nut cases.

What I'm trying to say is we need a cementing ideology in this society, to keep it whole. Not being overly religious myself, I think we'd better stay with what we had before that new fad, Islam. Just being pragmatic here.

I don't really know how you can call a religion which is as old as Christianity, a "fad", also considering there are more Muslims that Christians in the world as well.

Keeping the status quo is what got us into this whole mess in the first place!

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I never understood the offense people have when things are burned. Is setting them out in the rain also offensive? And isn't it idolatry to be offended? These radical Muslims need to work on not being idolaters.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I never understood the offense people have when things are burned. Is setting them out in the rain also offensive? And isn't it idolatry to be offended? These radical Muslims need to work on not being idolaters.

Actually it's more like the Radical Christians should stop being so damn "radical" and perhaps the Muslims would leave them alone.

You don't see them burning Bibles and telling the world about it do you?

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
posted on 8/1/10 at 12:25

Those settlers are of the same self-chosen "tribe" that ban nativity scenes here in America while promoting the erection and lighting of a 40ft Menorah on the white house lawn. A Passover Seder is okay at the White House too, of course... But don't you dare post the Ten Commandments any public place either.

I have to echo the sentiment where someone stated "you dont see em burning Bibles do ya?"

I do remember a news report about some young female Evangelist missionaries in... (was it Afghanistan?) that had been thrown in jail for reportedly taking the overt missionary proselyting too far in some way... This was at the opening of the US bombing of that country. these young women of faith had very positive things to say, despite that incarceration, about how the average folk in that country readily engaged in conversations about the faith they practiced in thier everyday lives.

I agree with the posts of having and retaining a cohesive founding philosophy. It does seem to me that some of these Muslim countries continue to practice what they preach and in the case of Iran, it wpuld not surprise me to hear that in God's eyes they are as worthy of protection from outside aggression as we are.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by AntiShyster]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join