It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church's 'Burn a Koran Day' brings Islamist threats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

its the intent behind the action not he action it's self that some will find offensive. im not muslim but im offended that anyone would go so far just to provoke another group when it has no benifit to anbody involved. so much for turn the other cheek eh!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

considering there are more Muslims that Christians in the world as well.

(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
2. Islam: 1.5 billion
3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
4. Hinduism: 900 million
5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
6. Buddhism: 376 million

SRC: www.adherents.com...

And although I do agree with what you are trying to say, I believe 'buddhasystem' was referring to Islam. But you are certainly correct, as neither can be considered a 'fad'.

reply to post by buddhasystem

I think we'd better stay with what we had before that new fad, Islam

fad – a temporary popular notion, artistic activity, fashion, or food that is usually followed by a large group of people for a short time.

SRC: www.usa-people-search.com...

Don't think you can really call it a 'fad'.

--BTW, I LOVE your avatar. Wouldn't mind a bit more info about it in a U2U.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by bigbert81]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Next step.. Lets find a muslim... Kill him and eat his heart.. (sarc)

Proof positive that some elements should never be allowed to breed..

That includes some muslims who preach the same crap...

Chiristians my ass ...

Im a messianic christian.. A jewish believer in Yeshua.. And between jews, christians and muslims Gods truth of His Son making a way for reationship, NOT religion, with my Dad in heaven is destroyed by wankers...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Discovery airing a few Islamic themed documentaries.

Can someone make a new conspiracy about it ?

@Lucidity
The guys who oppose it should really read (if not eat) the United States Declaration of Independence. Shame to them.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by RainCloud]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Different numbers
here... Christians 2.09M and Muslims 1.57M.

here
Christians 1.8M and Muslims 1.5M.

I don't really care lol...just saying....

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
People bash Christianity, Christians and the Holy Bible all the time through different ways. You may have Christians protesting at a concert or something else, but not making death threats and never murdering anyone that made fun of Jesus Christ or Christianity at all. Some of you behave as if this is an isolated incident and it's not. Geert Wilders has plenty of death threats on him and let us never forget the murder of Theo Van Gogh in 2004.

Threats against Christians that are believed to say something blasphemous of Islam are nothing new. This goes on in Indonesia, Pakistan and other places. It is a fact that if anyone, Muslim included, insults Muhammed, whom they claim is the last prophet of God, that the person is to be put to death. That is a fact. The crime for apostasy is also death. Christians are persecuted in Pakistan all the time. But not Muhammed only, but any of the prophets, punishment is the consequence.

I will say I don't agree with the burning of the Qu'ran, as that does nothing to spread the gospel or be a witness. While it is their Constitutional right as a U.S citizen to burn the Qu'ran or any other religious material, we Christians are to be children of the true King and not of any country. Our citizenship is not with this world but with the kingdom of God.

Ultimately, every Christian is to give allegiance to God alone, not any man, flag or any thing else. To any Muslim that may read this, it is evident through my research that your God is the same god of all on what Christ calls the broad path. The Islamic flags have a crescent moon & star because it goes back to the worship of the heavens. The world has many gods and goddesses, and they are all ultimately the same entity.

Anyone that does violence in the name of God, and it was not specifically ordered by Him, are not following true religion and are risking eternal seperation from God.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Religious extremists vs. religious extremists...

...while I abhor violence, a part of me wants to say, 'just let 'em at each other and be done with it.' The rest of us can sit quietly on the sidelines and wait until there's few of them left, then sort out the mess.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
IN 2007 Christians in Gaza had their bibles burned, and crosses destroyed,
By Muslim extremist.

I remember a time in America when we lived peacefully side by side with the Islamic community.

In our town a mosque burned down and the Christian community came together to hold fund raisers to help rebuild it.

And, yes, it was rebuilt.

Don't paint all Christians with the same brush.

It is time to come together on issues, we are all playing the fool.

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Perhaps you should put my post into context. I was simply correcting the post I was replying to by demonstrating that there are more Christians than Muslims.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

And I was merely saying that the numbers vary. No context issue here.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"We are playing the fool"

Could not have summed it up better myself.

If people would just let these idiots do their thing without anyone giving them so much as a second thought, it would just be a gathering of ignorant, racist and misguided "Christians" burning paper.

The fact that we take it as some sort of representation of our nation, Christians or even humanity, well that's when their little stunt gains the ability to offend or incite violence.

I seem to remember other occasions in which the burning of books was used as a rallying point...the Third Reich comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Unknowingly this and other forums along with the news media creates animosity, and divisiveness.

We need to try and be voices of reason,

And I have decided to begin with myself,

the forum plays a role in maintaining this global divisiveness, christian against Muslim, Muslim against Christian, atheist against Deist, republicans against democrats, the world against America, everyone against the Jews.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one, Watch out that no one deceives you, examine your motives are they to garner truth or do you harbor animosity?
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom
"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

There is only one law,

Love.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
for a peaceful religion they sure issue a hell of a lot of threats.

when they burned the Beatles records you didn't hear Lennon and co. making threats.

Beatles>>>Muslims

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
for a peaceful religion they sure issue a hell of a lot of threats.

when they burned the Beatles records you didn't hear Lennon and co. making threats.

Beatles>>>Muslims

as far as i know mohamed hasn't commented as of yet so your comparisons a bit of the mark wouldn't you agree. just like Jesus didn't tell these idiots to burn the Koran!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
this is an excerpt, copied word for word from their facebook page:

"Islam is of the Devil that is what Dove World Outreach Center stop is saying and they are planning to hold a national buring the korean day"

So I guess the Koreans are on the list as well, run while you can!

seriously, these idiots can not even spell, and it's not just this post, its the entire page. I would be willing to bet my life savings that not a single member of their congregation boasts an IQ at average level.

How about we just start our own "Burn Dove World Outreach Center Day" where we all throw molotov cocktails at their place of hatred...err, I mean worship.

In all honesty, after researching this "organization", they are no more than a bunch of country-bumpkin (nothing against country-bumpkins, I'm friends with quite a few), unintelligent, hateful morons. I'm not one to go around calling others names, but I'm showing some reserve by not labeling them in a much more offensive (and accurate) manner.

Oh if only extremists would kill other extremists and let the rest of us get on with normal, intelligent lives. Unfortunately they drag the level-headed down with them when they blow something up.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Gee, nobody saw that one coming..

And watch this, the group is going to blame the "violence of Islam" for the the threads, instead of their own dumb asses for inciting violence with this ridiculous little "event" they are planning.

I hate fake Christians

~Keeper

Fake christians? Desecration of other religions holy symbols is about as common in Christianity as ..... texting is to teenagers. Throughout all of christian history this has been going on..... hence the plethora of wars and acts of grotesque violence.

Ridiculous of an event as is, if someone wants to burn a book they own so be it, if someone brings violence onto another for their action it's a whole other ball game, what I do in my free time doesn't give you or anyone the right to harm people, (in the sense that what I'm doing isn't causing harm to anyone).

A month ago a bunch of christians vandalized a atheist billboard (the billboard was clean and appropriate) does this give me the right to attack christians left and right, to call for the deaths and 'rivers of blood to flow'? No even if they damaged 'my' (in respect to part) sign, a step up from the burning of personally owned property, I still do not retain a right to inflict harm.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

When counting the number of them, you might want to take into account their laws on apostates. I'm sure a sizable number of those "muslims" only say so they arent killed or otherwise abused.

Countires like Saudi Arabia say their population is 100% muslim, an obvious misrepresentation of facts

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

Beatles>>>Muslims

Did you just say that the Beatles were Muslim? Allow me to correct you.

George Harrison practiced Hinduism
Ringo Starr (Richard Starky) does not say his exact religion but has said he had found God... Note, not Allah... God
Paul Mcartney was born and raised Roman Catholic
John Lennon was raised under The Church Of Englad but struggled with religion his whole life and often made athiestic remarks

None were muslim... At all...

That said, what did this church think was going to happen? All that burning the Koran stood to do was anger people.... And that is exactly what happened...

All this is going to do is further the divide between the two religions and raise tensions.... Aren't tensions high enough as it is? I guess not.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I see what your saying. However I doubt that if Jesus did exist, he was burning literature of pagans or others with the 12 apostles all over the Middle East.

When I say fake Christians, I mean those who just use God as an excuse to act like selfish little children who have no regard for other people's beliefs and or values.

It's infuriating really. Give all the "good" christians (which I really hope I don't have to explain to anybody) a bad name.

Unfortunate that it's these types who make the news all the time instead of the ones actually doing good in the world.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Not to be nit-picky, but I think the poster was implying that the Beatles were better than muslims, or greater than muslims in some way. Not that they WERE practicing Islam.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join