It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Further more, what have you said that I attacked?

Have I called you wrong for your beliefs? (that I don't clearly understand, yet, as your evasive)

Have I said anything at all about whether or not I think you are right or wrong?

Nope.

You are apparently feeling attacked because you can't answer direct questions.

Why is a religion called Satanism, if it has nothing to do with Satan?????????

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What you consider badgering, and I apologize if you do, is digging, as the way I see it.

I guess I can't just let a simple non-explanitive answer that has no meat, suffice for me.

I am rather enjoying the topic, and I can be abrasive, to my own shock at times when I go back and re-read things, but I'm only after and answer, which I don't think I have, yet.

I don't like pussy footing around!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Further more, what have you said that I attacked?

Now you are just being impatient. You just asked this and you were busy typing it up again as my post answering it already appeared so let me do it again since ADD seems to be a problem.

You said -"If you can't explain it, then, why are you even here, defending yourself on a religion or belief based on Satan? "

I never said you attacked me. I asked you what I was defending against if not an attack? Slow down. Breathe.

Have I called you wrong for your beliefs? (that I don't clearly understand, yet, as your evasive)

You never really asked what my beliefs were. I could answer that. You just keep asking the same questions about nothing over and over again. There is a difference.

Have I said anything at all about whether or not I think you are right or wrong?

Nope.

How would you even know until you actually read any of my answers? Any of them. Any at all.

You are apparently feeling attacked because you can't answer direct questions.

I do not feel attacked at all. Annoyed maybe. Please pay attention to what you say as it will be the only way to move forward.

Why is a religion called Satanism, if it has nothing to do with Satan?????????

I have told you about 4 times already that it does have to do with Satan, just not apparently YOUR Satan.

p.s. Now I have agreed with Randy twice. I see the true devil at work here.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I don't like pussy footing around!
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Then Ma'dam I stand corrected. Carry on.

Can't very well argue with that.
Never let it be said that I of all people, ever stood in the way of someone digging for truth.

So easy to get all twisted sometimes.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Part of our apparent lack of communication might be that I don't believe in a devil, or satan. I don't believe in heaven or hell.

I do believe in Jesus, as a man, a prophet, but not the saviour of mankind.

So, I might as well have faith in a doorknob.

For my participation in this thread, I would like to ask, why it is, that people can't just believe in themselves, and need any sort of outside influence?

So, if you find my questions difficult, this is where I am coming from.

Can we start over, with you please explaining the exact beliefs that Satanism entails?

I think that the answer to the question just above, is what all of us would like to read here.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Never let it be said that I of all people, ever stood in the way of someone digging for truth.

LOL, I loved the lyrics in your video link.

I am just a low life human, who is in a condundrum, apparently, between God and Satan!

I think I stick to where my feet are planted, which is reality of where I am, thank you!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Part of our apparent lack of communication might be that I don't believe in a devil, or satan. I don't believe in heaven or hell.

Your belief or lack thereof have had no bearing on any of my answers. Sorr.

I do believe in Jesus, as a man, a prophet, but not the saviour of mankind.

It does make a cute story.

So, I might as well have faith in a doorknob.

Do you not? I have faith that my doorknob will not unravel and fall off in my hand each time I use it. The do come apart you know? You can still usually get the door open but what a pain in the but. Instead of fretting over it all the time though, I just have faith it will work. Sometimes you just have to have faith.

For my participation in this thread, I would like to ask, why it is, that people can't just believe in themselves, and need any sort of outside influence?

The problem is you keep asking me. If you did just the sligtest bit of research (read: paying attention to other peoples posts in this very thread) you would see my religion is all about me. The highest holiday is my own birthday. So maybe ask someone who has an outside source of whatever why they do. Try the OP.

So, if you find my questions difficult, this is where I am coming from.

Nothing difficult about answering them other than the pure repetitiveness of it. I have answered your questions but you seem to not like my answers or have you own set of answers and are waiting for ours to conform somehow.

Can we start over, with you please explaining the exact beliefs that Satanism entails?

All the "evil" and "sin" that "Satan" represents lead to fleshly delights. Greed, sloth, lust, gluttony, etc. All the things men who use gods to rule would have you go without, Satan has come to represent. We believe there is no good reason to deprive yourself of any of these things in the name of Caesar, Jesus, Muhammed, God, David Koresh, Etc. The difference is that we are not animals. Animals are pure and good. They live in every way the way Satan would be written. They eat, crap, and f*** when they want and the live on and die. We have been robbed of the benefit of living without consequence and guilt because we are not animals. We live in societies and have forthought. Therefor our Satan is not just a horny pig but a thinking horny pig. Our Satan eats, craps, and f**** when he wants but not the his own detriment.

I think that the answer to the question just above, is what all of us would like to read here.

Am I getting closer?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Very nice contribution.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

Very nice contribution

My thoughts as well. That burned my ass, not now, but right now.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yes, thanks. I love details, as I am a detail driven person about most everything. I have never had an overdraft on my checking account!

I appreciate you taking the time out of your self proclaimed, self loving, hedonistic lifestyle, to get the details out!

We all live that way, basically, only some of us ask for forgiveness on Sunday!

Basically, being a Satanist, is being human with no reprecussions, no?

Still, I'm not sitting in judgement, as I know many Christians who claim to be Christian that fit better into your ranks, than you, who claim to be a Satanist!

I read the Satanic Bible when I was first in middle school, handed to me by my brother who was a writer, book, music critic. This was back in the early 70's. Imagine the disgust I got, at school, when the book fell out of my bookbag, in front of the English teacher who had us reading, "The Great Gatsby," at the time, which is one of the most hedonistic books ever written.

I think you jump to the conclusions that people want to judge you for your beliefs, in not being able to answer questions forthright.

As long as you hurt no other person, and have willing participants, carry on.

Overstep those bounds, then you have hell to pay, just like anybody else.

Me first, is not a bad thing. Wait until you become a parent, though. Your philosophy will change.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yes, thanks. I love details, as I am a detail driven person about most everything. I have never had an overdraft on my checking account!

I appreciate you taking the time out of your self proclaimed, self loving, hedonistic lifestyle, to get the details out!

We all live that way, basically, only some of us ask for forgiveness on Sunday!

I beg to differ. I know people that are averse to many perfectly legal and what I consider moral behaviors due to their "religious" affiliation. I also know plenty more that are happy to lie to you the other 6 days a week and claim they are that good all while living like I would like to.

Basically, being a Satanist, is being human with no reprecussions, no?

No religion absolves you from repurcussions. If you find one, let me know. Satanis would never make so bold a claim. In fact Anton wrote quite about about repurcussions and why they should always be taken into account much like a chess player thinking many moves ahead.

Still, I'm not sitting in judgement, as I know many Christians who claim to be Christian that fit better into your ranks, than you, who claim to be a Satanist!

I know. The big difference is the word "hypocrite."

I read the Satanic Bible when I was first in middle school, handed to me by my brother who was a writer, book, music critic. This was back in the early 70's. Imagine the disgust I got, at school, when the book fell out of my bookbag, in front of the English teacher who had us reading, "The Great Gatsby," at the time, which is one of the most hedonistic books ever written.

I imagine it was similiar to what happened when I would bring my to my Catholic grammar school. It was great for shock value and all back then but what really bought me were many of Aton's other writings. I truly enjoyed the mind of the man and never found myself in argument with any of his stances on things. Further, his particular ideals as far as a religion went seemed as good as any other non-deity specific meditation so why not.

I think you jump to the conclusions that people want to judge you for your beliefs, in not being able to answer questions forthright.

I am not really sure that I jumped anywere. All I have been doing is answering you.

As long as you hurt no other person, and have willing participants, carry on.

Would you say that to someone who just said they were Jewish?

Overstep those bounds, then you have hell to pay, just like anybody else.

What? My fake god can't stop the police? The hell you say!

Me first, is not a bad thing. Wait until you become a parent, though. Your philosophy will change.

What did you say about jumping to conclusions? I am sorry that you do not understand the ideas written loosely in a book you read 40 years ago but that is no reason to assume anything about me.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Satanae

Hey I see you got a new avatar. Cool. you make that yourself?
You may want to to take a shower after your done with it.
Believe me I know where it's been.
Is evil boweevle still around? Or does he just think he's on ignore?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Satanae

Hey I see you got a new avatar. Cool. you make that yourself?

Not exactly.

You may want to to take a shower after your done with it.
Believe me I know where it's been.

So do I and it is not nice to speak ill of someone not here to defend themselves. Besides, mine's a lil different.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

oh come on lightning up I'mn just kiddin. What do you mean he's not here?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

oh come on lightning up I'mn just kiddin. What do you mean he's not here?

I am light. My humor is dry so anything said even slightly with a smirk translates poorly in writing. But ummm...do you see him now?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

All I am going to add, is that the "book," was not loosely written. Anton is long dead and gone, and still has followers. He wrote his own book, unlike Jesus!

The book set a tone, upon which you subscribe your beliefs. Sound familiar?

What you believe today, you might not believe tomorrow.

Like I say, when you have children, there goes, the me first, philosphy, unless you let your child lay in a crib crying in the middle of the night, but then you might just be getting out of bed to feed it, or change it based on your own lack of sleep, which is part of being a Satanist. Never mind the child!

Really, there is only one belief that you will need, once your realize it was just a good read, like the Bible.

I'm not even going to tell you. I know you will figure it out, and while it's about just you, it really isn't?

Really, I do appreciate you letting us, some readers on ATS, know what Satanism is about. I did still have questions. So, if you think I was irritating, I might still have a few more! Just to give you a heads up, and be prepared, lest you think I'm attacking you, once again!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

All I am going to add, is that the "book," was not loosely written. Anton is long dead and gone, and still has followers. He wrote his own book, unlike Jesus!

I did not say the book was loosely written. I hope you can see why I feared that simple answers would do little good with you. If you were to read the entirety of his writings you would see that the bible is in fact more of a loose outline. Please pay attention. He has not been dead all that long and I have my red card so no lesson needed here.

The book set a tone, upon which you subscribe your beliefs. Sound familiar?

What you believe today, you might not believe tomorrow.

Like I say, when you have children, there goes, the me first, philosphy, unless you let your child lay in a crib crying in the middle of the night, but then you might just be getting out of bed to feed it, or change it based on your own lack of sleep, which is part of being a Satanist. Never mind the child!

Why do you insist I am not a parent without so much as even asking? I would argue the most altruistic of deeds is still done of purely hedonistic nature. If you want to converse, let's do that. If you want to pretend to know me and make up things about me, do that alone.

Really, there is only one belief that you will need, once your realize it was just a good read, like the Bible.

I'm not even going to tell you. I know you will figure it out, and while it's about just you, it really isn't?

You babble for no reason. I am not sure this thread is for you.

Really, I do appreciate you letting us, some readers on ATS, know what Satanism is about. I did still have questions. So, if you think I was irritating, I might still have a few more! Just to give you a heads up, and be prepared, lest you think I'm attacking you, once again!

I would be happy to answer questions once. I just wish you were actually willing to pay attention.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Alright! who flagged my thread!

It's not like I havn't taken enough heat for you people already. Now someone has had the audacity to flag my thread on top of everything else! Somebody is going down and it's not going to me this time. Do you people have any idea the kind of negative publicity that can come from flag waving? I mean do you?
I'm going to take a nap and when I come back I expect that flag to be gone.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

...do you see him now?

That was good. I almost began to scroll . That was very good.

Or
That was so funny I forgot to scroll? No, nevermind.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Friend, you come off as being sincere about having the knowing about this, so here is my two cents only. I do not speak for anyone but my own self, I belong to no coven, cult, or group, do not attend any sort of "worship." (means "work") I have studied, and practised What may be called High Magick Ritual many times over a 12 year period. For the record, Satan/Devil are figments of Christian myth, as is Jesus, the fair haired Godman of Roman Occupation times. To believe in one is the believe in the other, and any Christian will be afraid of Satan, as he is equal to their own hero. Fear God, and Fear Satan, is the order, and they do it too.
As I dove head first into the Occult, I began to study the Occult Sciences, I discovered many things, and saw many things. Here is the basis of my studies:
First, it was the Kabbalah. The Kabbala teaches about the Tree of Life and it's applications in our reality, and how to manipulate that reality to meet our own needs. I then begin to study The Greater Key of Solomon, or Clavicula Salomonis. King Solomon's Book of Magick. I discovered then that the Demons of popular lore do exist, but they exist in us human beings, not in some imagined place or time. We each have 72 of these little burgers, and I will bet that anyone reading this can name a few of their demons. The word itself comes from the Greek word
"daimōn," generally meaning a supernatural being, generally malevolent in character. In general, the more civilized pagan societies came to consider demons as powerful, supernatural beings who lacked the dignity of gods.

I also studied the SWORD OF MOSES also known as the Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses. Also The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage became a part of my knowledge. I am well studied.

I have an old friend who calls himself a Satanist, and he practices still today. He told me a few years ago that he spent 7 days in ritual attempting to call up Satan himself, and what he got was Set, the Egyptian god of the underworld. So basically there is no Devil, or any ultimate author of evil, the only evil is in the hearts of human beings.

My studies, though not for just anyone, raised my knowledge and vibrations to a level never achieved before by me. My mind opened, and was filled with knowledge of any kind I desired, it seemed. I do not practice Magick anymore. However, you asked about rituals, so here is probably the biggest, most involved one I ever did.

This was one of the Golden Dawn Flying Rolls, and was designed so that one could meet one's Holy Guardian Angel, or simply one's "Higher Self." The ritual was long and very involved, much incense was burned, chants were made, Watchtowers were called....suddenly I was in another place, a place without time.
Before me was two beings that shined with a golden glow. They were almost exact twins, but slightly different and distinctly male and female. Both had wings like gossamer, probably where the ideas for Angels of Biblical lore came from. They Looked Like Me!

They then pointed to a place to their right, and I looked and saw a cave entrance, which I entered. I want the reader to know that this was not an astral trip, i was in the flesh, and I even pinched myself a few times. It was all so surreal. I went down into the cave, and there was a path going down, and on each side of this was a ditch like, and then walls, and in the walls were little caves, and in each one of these was a shadow, and a pair of red eyes looking out at me. I walked on, and stared at each one, trying to make one look at me. When I got to the end and turned around, they were all standing, and they clapped as I walked by. The two beings smiled at me and it was over.

A few days later I quit a bottle a day whisky habit. I threw away my drugs, the pain ones, the anti-psychotic ones, the mind altering ones...all of them. I quit smoking after many years of a pack a day plus. I lost my anger, and my massive ego. I began to love everyone, even those who try to hurt me. I found myself again, I knew who I was, and that I was awake, save for my third eye, and I think it has been trying for some time.

Now, I know what you are thinking...he did it, so can I, or, he's crazy, and made the whole thing up. As I said, what I did, and do, is for my own self alone. I will not answer questions that may get you in trouble, and friend, There be Dragons here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join