It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Satanism is very egotistical and self indulgent, in my view.

It's like, if Grandpa doesn't give in, go ask Grandma!

Playing one end against another for something people can do on their own, is a no win situation!

A true Satanist adhering to the history of this character that has been the devil for thousands of years before Christ was even a twinkle in his fathers's eyes sees it more like this -

Grandpa says not to eat shrimp all while he beats and cheats on Grandma so I think I am going to eat some f***in' shrimp!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
There are also those people who seek attention. I heard somewhere that most satanists grew up catholic.

Lavey did.

I did.

There are two.

Laveyan Satanism is perfect for the disgruntled Catholic becuase it was designed by one.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I was not trying to make a list of things you get wrong, Randy. I haven't that much lifetime left. I was inquiring as to the basis of the statement you made.

Ok. Well certainly not to me. So I suppose the media has put that description forth. I never knew the man so I can't call it. I'm sure certain authors have said such things. I mean come on don't be coy.
Oh and the shot you hit like my sister so you may want to go ahead and use your purse next time.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Evil can be born of evil, I guess, though.

I found this little rumor to be funny, as it speculates to evil being at the highest levels!

I don't really care for Rense, but it talks about this evil rumor, connected to the Bush family!

Have a good laugh, anyway! I have to say, she sure does look a lot like him!

www.rense.com...

Pauline Pierce was friends with Aleister Crowley, maybe more than friends. Pauline had a reputation of being a bit on the wild-side in the 20's. It's been reported that she and Aleister were in France together around September/October of 1924.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Ok. Well certainly not to me. So I suppose the media has put that description forth. I never knew the man so I can't call it. I'm sure certain authors have said such things. I mean come on don't be coy.

I am honestly not being coy. I have no idea where you get that idea about him other than from him. Perhaps you are being coy in asking me to explain why you would think he is the most evil man in history. Tell me what evil things he did.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

There are also those people who seek attention. I heard somewhere that most satanists grew up catholic.

Lavey did.

I did.

There are two.

Laveyan Satanism is perfect for the disgruntled Catholic becuase it was designed by one.
I also, lol, I went to catholic school for about 9 years, then i just felt compelled to be bad and to rebel against the almighty, it wore off after a little while, then i got into christianity, finished that phase, then got into spiritual satanism because I wanted to believe it was true, I did the blood ritual and everything to dedicate your soul. I got absolutely no results, so I abandoned that too. Went on to be atheist, and now I couldnt care less, Im just myself, you know?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ok, there are 3 types of satanists, the first are laveyan satanists, who worship themselves and are atheists. Second are spiritual satanists, its just like christianity except its in reverse, and self styled satanists who make their own rules.
[edit on 31-7-2010 by reesie45]

You can't be atheist and satanists.
Thats just silly

EDIT: short research, never mind. It turns out there is such a thing

How wrong was I

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Mythic Chris]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Tell me what evil things he did

Well if he did spawn Barbera Bush wouldn't that suffice?

I'm sure Poppy would agree.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythic Chris

Ok, there are 3 types of satanists, the first are laveyan satanists, who worship themselves and are atheists. Second are spiritual satanists, its just like christianity except its in reverse, and self styled satanists who make their own rules.
[edit on 31-7-2010 by reesie45]

You can't be atheist and satanists.
Thats just silly
Your post is silly, Educate yourself.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Tell me what evil things he did

Well if he did spawn Barbera Bush wouldn't that suffice.

OK Randy. Now you have finally gone over the edge. You made me laugh and agree with you. Now that is evil.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Satanism is about peace. You believe in God but you reject him. After all, Satan is all about rebellion.

It saddens me the religious institution gets a bad rep...

All in all, it's all bull sh*t. Christian or Satanist, you both believe in fairy tales.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Since it being stated several times in the whole page and a half there is to read here and was still obviously missed, let me put this another way.

I, a Satanist, do NOT believe in fairy tales.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

You have a point there.

I do believe any religion is based on people losing themselves to a higher power of some sort, taking away whatever power can be found in each and every person.

I think the term for it is slavery.

If a person follows the "Golden Rule," while believing in themselves, they don't need anybody to tell them what to believe in, or rely on!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Nope, you don't need to.

All you have to do is believe in something outside of yourself, to confirm that you don't believe in fairytales, but that you are living in one!

Accept yourself for who you are, not something outside yourself.

Try it, you might like it!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Not all religions revolve around a deity, daddy, god, skybuddy, or higher power personified. Many religions actually are about inner spirituality.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Nope, you don't need to.

All you have to do is believe in something outside of yourself, to confirm that you don't believe in fairytales, but that you are living in one!

What "outside of myself" is it that I am believing in?

Accept yourself for who you are, not something outside yourself.

Try it, you might like it!

Not sure what you are saying at all here.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Blanca Rose

Not all religions revolve around a deity, daddy, god, skybuddy, or higher power personified. Many religions actually are about inner spirituality.

Yes, but affiliating yourself with Satan, means that you believe in Satan, does it not?

There is nothing inside of you, that needs to be figured out, by the way. If you follow the "Golden Rule."

There is no magic prayer, or spell, life is what it is.

Stick to doing the right thing, and then you don't have to worry about what any made up diety can do for you.

In other words, everyone has the capacity to be Godlike, or whatever, based on attitude, and the way they treat themselves and everyone else.

If you want dark and dirty, that's what you get, because you expect it. If you want light and fluff, that is what you get, too!

It's all personal!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

From what I do know about life in general,( may not be much depending on point of view). There is a lot to be said about the truth of fairytales
and myth.

Bianca

Stick to doing the right thing, and then you don't have to worry about what any made up diety can do for you.

This idea of,"The right thing", Where do you believe it's roots are grounded?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes, but affiliating yourself with Satan, means that you believe in Satan, does it not?

No, it does not.

There is nothing inside of you, that needs to be figured out, by the way. If you follow the "Golden Rule."

I am starting to wonder if we are thinking of the same rule.

There is no magic prayer, or spell, life is what it is.

Funny, my religion says the exact same thing.

I am not. You are misguided.

In other words, everyone has the capacity to be Godlike, or whatever, based on attitude, and the way they treat themselves and everyone else.

If you want dark and dirty, that's what you get, because you expect it. If you want light and fluff, that is what you get, too!

It's all personal!

Sorry, no deities in my church hon.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

From what I do know about life in general,( may not be much depending on point of view). There is a lot to be said about the truth of fairytales
and myth.

I love to read Psalms. They are like fairytales, too.

Fairytales more often than not, are about moral values. Nobody can argue that, so I miss spoke on that one!

edit quote fix

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join