It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ease up. Nothing to offend anyone in this thread. So please, civility? From all corners. The question mark means I have a few.
Questions that is. I seem to be, at a complete loss, for knowledge about Satanism.

Maybe it would be more precise for me to say. Apparently, Satanism isn't anything
of the stereotypical devil worshipper, the media seems to portray. Yet you have
Aliester Crowley, as the most famous, self professed Satanist, in the world, bar none.
666( Satanic) The most evil( evil is of the devil) man, that ever lived. It is said
he could call up demons. The devils diciples. There is no proof of this, but then again. How could there be? I have noticed, that Satanists claim, they do not worship
the devil. Is that to say, all Satanists, do not worship the devil? Or maybe this is a sect of
Atheistic Satanicalism?
Are there Satanists that do work the magic of Solomon?
Do we have any on ATS?
Are there any stories of rituals you have attended? Please use discreation and don't cause yourself or anyone else any problems.
No secret they are everywhere in society. So please don't be shy.
If you guys can straighten me out on few things. I would greatly appreciate it.
Any fakers try posting garbage and I leave you at the mercy of the tried and true Satanists here to route you out. I'm sure they can dig the truth out as well as anyone else.
I hope this can be somewhat entertaining and at least for me enlightning.
Ready begin.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ok, there are 3 types of satanists, the first are laveyan satanists, who worship themselves and are atheists. Second are spiritual satanists, its just like christianity except its in reverse, and self styled satanists who make their own rules. I used to be a spiritual and self styled satanist, Now I am just myself, with my own beliefs. There is a website called joy of satan and it gives you info on the spiritual sect of satanism.
www.angelfire.com...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by reesie45]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Aliester Crowley, as the most famous, self professed Satanist, in the world, bar none.

Bar none? Crowley was an occultist and a megalomaniac. He was no Satanist.

666( Satanic) The most evil( evil is of the devil) man, that ever lived.

According to whom? More evil than Jim Jones? How many people did he kill, hurt, ruin?

It is said
he could call up demons. The devils diciples. There is no proof of this, but then again. How could there be?

So why mention it? It is said that saying bloody mary in a mirror 5 times will....

I have noticed, that Satanists claim, they do not worship
the devil. Is that to say, all Satanists, do not worship the devil? Or maybe this is a sect of
Atheistic Satanicalism?

There are different religious groups that claim the name of Satanist. These different groups have different beliefs ranging from atheistic to outright worship. Crowleys "followers" would be amongst the least of them.

Are there Satanists that do work the magic of Solomon?
Do we have any on ATS?

N/A

Are there any stories of rituals you have attended? Please use discreation and don't cause yourself or anyone else any problems.
No secret they are everywhere in society. So please don't be shy.
If you guys can straighten me out on few things. I would greatly appreciate it.

What kinds of rituals are you speaking looking for? I have a ritual I do every year where there is a feast and gathering of loved ones which culminates in the annual sacrifice of a pudgy the whale ice cream cake. It is a religious holiday.

As a kid I attended rituals weekly that involved hearing stories of gruesome murders and death and then lead to the consumption of human flesh and blood. I was raised Catholic though.

Any fakers try posting garbage and I leave you at the mercy of the tried and true Satanists here to route you out. I'm sure they can dig the truth out as well as anyone else.

What is you goal here? How will you know what is fake crap and what is not? How will you, a Chrisitan, know which "Satanists" to trust?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

As the poster above me said only certain sects of Satanists even worship or believe in Satan. Most are atheistic as far as I know and are worshipers of self - the link to Satan being that Lucifer was filled with pride and rebelled against being God's slave to do his own thing.

The stereotypes portrayed on TV are generally the same that get touted in fundamentalist circles. Back when I was a Christian I remember being warned that things like Dungeons and Dragons, Pokemon and Rock and Roll music could lead to Satanism. That form of Satanism, with chalk circles, magic and summoning demons, is generally a scare tactic, although some Satanists really do attempt magic and such.

There is also the darker form they use to scare you, the idea of Satanists are performing bizarre sexual rituals and human sacrifices. Again probably just a scare tactic.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
this makes me laugh. to be a true satanist you must hang out at the mall wearing stupid looking all black clothes, you can't have even a trace of a tan, you gotta dye your hair black and possibly grow it into a stupid pony tail, and you have to listen to crappy music and be a total f*g. just kidding.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
this makes me laugh. to be a true satanist you must hang out at the mall wearing stupid looking all black clothes, you can't have even a trace of a tan, you gotta dye your hair black and possibly grow it into a stupid pony tail, and you have to listen to crappy music and be a total f*g. just kidding.

Does adding "just kidding" at the end really make it ok to call someone a fag because of their religion?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
People make groups, then people join groups. People make more groups to contradict the other groups, because they do not agree.

To agree, you must understand. To understand, you must believe. To believe, is to throw all previous conclusions away for the new belief.

One person says Jesus meant this, the other thinks he meant that.

You see, once someone has taken under a belief, they then start to "Compare" it with their previous views in order to understand what the significance of the belief is.

Therefore, nobody knows what anything is. They look at a scenario, and then attribute past experiences to learn more and understand.

To say this is this, and that is that, is to say everyone would have the same view as you. Just not realistic.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I still stand by what I said. Alot of people call themselves satanists just to rebel and cause fear. Its really immature to believe in satan or god to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

i didn't say fag, i said f*g. that could be any number of nonoffensive things. but anyway i am pretty sure saying just kidding at the end of a sentence makes whatever you said perfectly acceptable.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

According to whom? More evil than Jim Jones? How many people did he kill, hurt, ruin?

Ok I've already admited to misconceptions so please put them right on the list with the others.
I'm in 101 here guy.

Reesie
Thank you for that and the link.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
I still stand by what I said. Alot of people call themselves satanists just to rebel and cause fear. Its really immature to believe in satan or god to me.

I agree but your first sentence is fighting it out with your second. It may seem immature to believe in either to you, me, anyone. Then you have to remember for every person calling themselve a Satanist for superficial reasons, there are 34 people calling themselve a Christian for superficial reasons as well. I know plenty of folks that called themselves Muslim just to survive in jail so people just using a religion in name only spreads itself about. Besides, if you are just calling yourself something, then you are not really believing in it anyway are you?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ok I've already admited to misconceptions so please put them right on the list with the others.
I'm in 101 here guy.

I was not trying to make a list of things you get wrong, Randy. I haven't that much lifetime left. I was inquiring as to the basis of the statement you made.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ha,ha, what was that about being civil?

Anyway, somebody created God, and of course, some people were not happy, so an anti-God had to be created.

The only true evil in the world, is what mankind is capable of doing on it's own.

One of the problems in the world, as I see it, is that people cannot accept what they do to themselves.

Satan, Lucifer, whatever, is just a fall guy for people with black hearts!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

i didn't say fag, i said f*g. that could be any number of nonoffensive things. but anyway i am pretty sure saying just kidding at the end of a sentence makes whatever you said perfectly acceptable.

Any number? Please list all of them for me that might make an English sense in that sentence. I will lead you "fig." Go

Well I had to ask because where I come from "just kidding" does not automatically make any insulting statement null. I was just curious. Glad to know how it works with you now.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

I agree but your first sentence is fighting it out with your second. It may seem immature to believe in either to you, me, anyone. Then you have to remember for every person calling themselve a Satanist for superficial reasons, there are 34 people calling themselve a Christian for superficial reasons as well. I know plenty of folks that called themselves Muslim just to survive in jail so people just using a religion in name only spreads itself about. Besides, if you are just calling yourself something, then you are not really believing in it anyway are you?
I see your point. l too know someone who turned muslim just for protection from the bloods in jail. I think its ridiculous. But if i was to go to jail, maybe my opinion would change.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by randyvs

As the poster above me said only certain sects of Satanists even worship or believe in Satan. Most are atheistic as far as I know and are worshipers of self - the link to Satan being that Lucifer was filled with pride and rebelled against being God's slave to do his own thing.

The stereotypes portrayed on TV are generally the same that get touted in fundamentalist circles. Back when I was a Christian I remember being warned that things like Dungeons and Dragons, Pokemon and Rock and Roll music could lead to Satanism. That form of Satanism, with chalk circles, magic and summoning demons, is generally a scare tactic, although some Satanists really do attempt magic and such.

There is also the darker form they use to scare you, the idea of Satanists are performing bizarre sexual rituals and human sacrifices. Again probably just a scare tactic.

Titen great explaination. I'm tempted to compliment you further but......
Well you prolly know

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by randyvs

As the poster above me said only certain sects of Satanists even worship or believe in Satan. Most are atheistic as far as I know and are worshipers of self

This is a great statement, and I have to agree.

I see it also as people who didn't get their prayers answered in church, or whatever, thinking that the opposite might work for them.

Satanism is very egotistical and self indulgent, in my view.

It's like, if Grandpa doesn't give in, go ask Grandma!

Playing one end against another for something people can do on their own, is a no win situation!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I see your point. l too know someone who turned muslim just for protection from the bloods in jail. I think its ridiculous. But if i was to go to jail, maybe my opinion would change.

I already have my prayer schedule memorized in case.

I am just saying that while there are plenty of "satanist" poseurs out there, I know far more of the opposite variety. My whole life is pretty much made up of people that claim to believe in the Christian god but know almost nothing about the religion, never go to church, and regularly sin all they like. They just call themselves Catholic, Christian, Protestant, whatever. To me they seem every bit as silly just less stylish.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There are also those people who seek attention. I heard somewhere that most satanists grew up catholic.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hey I asked in a perfect tone. To keep it civil and no, just kidding to save your ass at the end. Is just cowardly. Don't post anything else if you have to be a coward about it. Maybe you can understand it that way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join