It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanism ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

wow I now know that being a satanist means being extrememly short and rude to those who dare be curious.

I know, right? You would totally expect that when you FIRST try to tell Satanists what they believe, make assumptions about them, and THEN ask the same question 15 differeing times that a Satanist of all people would be like totally super nice about it huh?

Snarky answers are soooooooo good for open forum discussions.

Every bit as good as ignorant assumptions and feigned confusion. I give what I get.

The implied impatience is supposed to make you feel dumb for asking questions.

I never expect anyone to feel dumb for asking a question until it has been answered twice and they ask yet a third time as has been done here.

" I already answered that, SNARK SNARK".

Well...

I HAD. If you are looking for the ultra patient, super friendly, coddling to the stupid Satanist welcom center then you might be looking for a while. Stupidity is not exactly a high score earner with Satanists and if you have to ask the same question a handful of times only to continue to pretend that not only would you not understand but you still have not even had the opportunity to try then please do not be surprised when responses seem less and less like a light kiss on the cheek.

Well dungeon master, MAYBE you were unclear?

Maybe. Maybe I would have been more interested in considering that had the poster not started with assumptions and attempting to correct me about what I believe. If you are genuinely curious about something you know nothing of, you do not begin by professing false knowledge of said subject. That is disingenuous at best and a BS tactic to get to a point at worst. Maybe you should worry more about any questions you have instead of taking the time to chastize a Satanist for not being nicer to someone playing stupid.

Can you really expect someone outside to understand you in a few words?

Nope. I know the difference between genuine curiosity for knowledge and agendal laden "what? I dont get it still. explain it again??" nonsense.

Don't like talking about it, or don't really have good answers?

I love talking about it. I love talking about movies too. That does not mean any moron that wants to chat me up about how deep they thought Avatar was is going to get a warm reception.

Cool avatar, ...does it really mean anything to you or is it designed to send a shiver through those who gaze upon it.

Do you know people who really get a shiver from looking at a pic used in the avatar on a conspiracy site? Yes it means some things and partly, it has a aesthetic appeal to me.

The one true nefarious purpose for my avatar - and this is really going to shock you - is so it is easier to spot my last post in a thread so I can pick up reading where I left off. Crazy stuff huh?

Yes you would like to be feared thats why you try to shock.

Feared by whom? I could care less if there is any fear on an internet forum. When you grow up and go outside, you may get punched in the face by a real live person someday. You will then understand fear and threats on internet forums are little more than a silly notion so for you to attribute so much intent into my avatar says far more about your thought process than mine. I just wanted a cool looking book marker.

And then try to seem arrogantly overintelligent, that'll really show em!

If I seem overintelligent to you that is really not my fault. I wish I could help you even understand that. If it comes across as arrogant that is simply because you do not know what arrogant means.

I mean really who can be bothered with responding with respect to those who respectfully ask questions. its such a bother.
Really

I was responding to what were disrespectful assumptions and pointless games of "i don gettit
." If you actually have a respectful question to ask, shoot. Otherwise it seems you are just spending a lot of time ignoring the reasons for my indignance only to deride me, a self proclaimed Satanist, for not being very nice.

Oh the irony.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
oh my this is funny. SO, if I want to practice wanton hedonism, dangerous drug use, std spreading promiscuity and questionable ritualistic emotional abuse...I can't just do that without calling it something?

Sure you can. You can do those things all you like. Or you can become Catholic and make up reasons to excuse it. I am not sure what questionabl ritualist emotional abuse you are speaking of. That is a pretty Christian MO there. Any examples of what you are talking about?

I mean really by doing these things under the assumed label of satanist aren't you giving credence to that which you deny?

What things? The things you just made up that we do? Those things? Sure.

why not just call yourselves "the people who don't give a f...!" oh right not scary enough.

What is your religion? Do you have one? Does everyone on the planet agree that whatever you believe is correct and I missed that boat or are you just looking for a strawman enemy to berate for no reason? Need a hug?

I mean if you take the satanic imagery out of Marilyn Manson, its just like watching a strung out clown.

That is using "Satanic" in a pretty broaud brush but apparently you do not understand the point of a show? If you take away the costumes and ballistics, GWAR is just a bunch of bad musicians, if you take away any supermodels skin, she is just a bloody pile of shapely muscle. Blah blah blah.

Marylin Manson is a bad example anyway because even he likes to distance himself from Laveyan Satanism, even if he did write a forward in one of the books. He fully admits he uses shocking imagery to make his show...a SHOW. So...maybe try again.

Shock em, yeah! If I surround myself with amulets and charms and such people will naturally avoid me and thats good because then I won't have to deal with my social misadjustments.

Sounds like a plan. Not a Satanic one but a plan you might do well to employ.

We'll all go down to halloween express and play dress up and through some form of psycho-somatic dribble convince ourselves that we are not just graduates of D+D.

Never played D + D but I will admit dressing up can be fun for a party. See, a party is where people get together to socialize. Wait, let me back up. It is a real thing where people get up from their chair, stop reading prisonplanet, go outside, and physically enter a space with other physical beings and... well this gets complicated and you seem a little confused already.

Baby steps.

baby steps.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Then you're not a Satanist. There are various forms of Satanism. Either way, they believe in some kind of mythical folk lore. AKA fairy tale.

Thank you. Uninformed opinion number 47 noted.

People are really asking why I am not bending over backwards to be polite to people that keep telling me what I believe?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well, I tell you what you believe all the time and you're still polite to me.
By the way, I need you to believe that you're a 4-legged, pizza-flavored grenade for a while.
I have money riding on it.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Well, I tell you what you believe all the time and you're still polite to me.

Well you know that is either because I really like your avatar or you know what the hell you are talking about. Maybe both.

By the way, I need you to believe that you're a 4-legged, pizza-flavored grenade for a while.
I have money riding on it.

Hmmmm... How much money? I have to ask because the last two times I did that exact thing, weird things happened. It was the '80s though so hmmm...?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Then you're not a Satanist. There are various forms of Satanism. Either way, they believe in some kind of mythical folk lore. AKA fairy tale.

No, there aren't.
If you want to debate what other people consider "Satanism", that's one thing. But in it's official capacity, there is only one true form of Satanism. There is only one form of Satanism that has become recognized as a religion/theopolitical philosophy and has been annexed into the ARMY chaplain's handbook.
Any other type of "Satanism" is made up by people who are deluding themselves into thinking that they are something that they are not.
There is only one true Satanism.
All others are pretenders and charlatans.

Kinda like how there is one true Christianity, or Judaism, or Islam, etc.

All religious institutions have sub religions, kinda like how Heavy Metal has sub genres of metal: Black, Death, Nu, New Wave of British, Grunge, Goth, etc.

You have Anton's form of Satanism along with spiritual Satanism...many forms..many consider themselves the "true" Satanism.

To each their own I suppose

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Kinda like how there is one true Christianity, or Judaism, or Islam, etc.

Not nearly the same thing. Just because those chasing the god of Abraham cannot get together and agree on anything does not mean that is the norm. Matthew is specifically speaking of Satanism as it is recognized by governments around the world.

There is a protestant funeral service, a Satanic funeral service, etc. There are no subsets. There is Satanism that is recognized as Satanism and then there are all the other folks that like to call themselves that anyway.

All religious institutions have sub religions, kinda like how Heavy Metal has sub genres of metal: Black, Death, Nu, New Wave of British, Grunge, Goth, etc.

No, actually they do not ALL have sub religions. In fact, most do not.

You have Anton's form of Satanism along with spiritual Satanism...many forms..many consider themselves the "true" Satanism.

To each their own I suppose

Those are not subsets of anything, they are opposing views. There is one official Church of Satan. There is one recognized Satanism within the US, Canada, and many other governments. It does not have subsets, it has a popular word in the name.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Satanism is hate, nism Satan, nism.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice pizza.
kangouroe

question, why is it.///////

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I would have absolutely no problem replying to your post in the nicest possible way...if I had any idea what you were saying...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Hmmmm... How much money? I have to ask because the last two times I did that exact thing, weird things happened. It was the '80s though so hmmm...?

A lot of money...
Like...$5!

Ah...the 80's...
Glad they're behind us now...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Just to throught in the Punch and Kicker here for you. The Truth. Jesus loves you, anything can be forgiven, and God will prove himself

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Does Lucifer really have a grandson?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

like God, Satan doesn't exist. Again another pointless facade that man could do without.

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Hey fun is fun but I cannot in good conscience get involved with those kinds of numbers. A little gamble now and then is one thing but big stakes like that aint for me.

I liked the '80s

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

like God, Satan doesn't exist. Again another pointless facade that man could do without.

Peace

The sky is blue. Things fall down. Fire is hot. Humans cannot breathe unassisted underwater. Diamonds are hard. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

No problems, thanks for your statements.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure would appreciate it if you didn't come up on this thread to post propaganda and try to appeal to people's sense of guilt for not falling at the feet of hypocritical religious dogma.
And, my friend, what you said wasn't "the truth", it was your truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pillaradder

Again...not believing in an anthropomorphic devil character, I can't answer your query with any real certainty.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by slymattb

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure would appreciate it if you didn't come up on this thread to post propaganda and try to appeal to people's sense of guilt for not falling at the feet of hypocritical religious dogma.
And, my friend, what you said wasn't "the truth", it was your truth.

I think you misunderstand. I know exactly what he is talking about and it is every bit the truth. See, there is this Mexican fellow in my neighborhood that drinks a lot and likes to hang out on his deck. He is always outside and it is almost impossible to get to your car without at least once having to hear Jesus Rodriguez slur about how much he loves you. It is tough to get mad at the fella but it sure does get tiring. He throws great Christmas parties though.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Satan isn't a real being, it is a personification of what humans interpret as bad things - killing, raping, calling names without reason etc.

Therefore, it is pointless to carry on this thread despite what the Illuninati or other #ers believe in, Satan does not exist, it is a facade, just like God.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join