It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SourceWatch, another black propaganda site!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
black propaganda

I have seen a new supposed wiki type reference site used lately. So, I wondered about this site. Take a look at what I found.

Sourcewatch Home Page

Take a look at the front page stories, no bias here?

Now, let us take a look at actually are the editors of this "supposed" unbiased reference resource.

Disclaimer-

Please be advised that nothing found here has necessarily been reviewed by professionals with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information. That is not to say that you will not find valuable and accurate information in SourceWatch; much of the time you will. However, SourceWatch cannot guarantee the validity of the information found here.

None of the authors, contributors, sponsors, administrators, sysops, or anyone else connected with SourceWatch in any way whatsoever can be responsible for the appearance of any inaccurate or libelous information or for your use of the information contained in or linked from these web pages.

Who created this supposed source referencing site?

Center for Media and Democracy

Take a LOOK at the Home Page, no bias there?

Now, who actually is the Center for Media and Democracy?

Here is their financial contributors-Financial Contributors

Tides Foundation
Rockefeller Associates
Rockefeller Family Foundation
WOW, a couple of INTERESTING DONORS

Here is their address-
Center for Media and Democracy
520 University Avenue, Suite 260
Madison, WI 53703

Hmmm, that is interesting.

Conclusion-

SourceWatch is another black propaganda site created by the progressive/communist movement. Created by super rich people where their final goal is benevolent?

Anyone referencing SourceWatch should know that you are spreading black propaganda created by people funded by the likes of Soros and Rockefeller.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Woah, nice research, nice find!

So, the site's outed...and too easily I might add. No problem when
you have deep pockets...just start over and be a little more diligent
when creating the site as to donors and owners.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Yeah, I had seen them sourced a couple of times earlier and never thought nothing of it. Then today someone posted 3 links to them decrying the tea party movement, so I thought I would do some research.

Lo and behold, Soros and Rockefeller.

Nice!

I guess the progressive communists are getting their sources all set up for the upcoming elections. They can no longer use their standard sources since those have been outed.

Oh well, look for other sources to be better hidden. Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow, I was sure the progressive/communists would try and get on this thread and prove me wrong.

Hmmm, maybe I have hit a nerve?

So, the progressive/communists are in bed with the Rockefellers, anyone going to step up to the plate?

C'mon, what are the Rockefeller foundations just another benevolent entity?

Get on here and try and dispute the evidence, OTHERWISE, the endisnighe has proven another link betweem the corrupt banking cartel to the progressive/communist movement!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'd say it's kind of hard to prove you wrong when the trail is right there in black and white. Good find. Another garbage propaganda site for us to deal with. Very sad.

I thought for a while there that there was a wave of people waking up. Things were looking up but now it seems that the corporatist/fascist scum in control have just redoubled their efforts to keep the masses in the dark. Also it appears to me that they have at least ebbed the flow for now.

Sites like this are part of their renewed effort to keep people enslaved and they seem all too happy to buy it.

On a personal note I just don't understand how people are so easily quelled either. I mean I didn't always feel that I had a grasp on the truth but not ever, for a single minute of my adult life, have I felt that the garbage information they feed to the masses was anything but lies. And it has always been blatantly obvious too.

Anyone who can take a step back should be able to see how gigantic and ridiculous most of their web of lies has been. And it's only getting worse. Wake up people!

S&F.

Edit for spelling and grammar.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Thanks for the comment.

Well, we just have to keep plugging away and actually look at where the source of all our information is coming from.

Later RW az

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The story about drinking water and methane gas is black propaganda?

Love their disclaimer!!! wonder how long it's been there...before or after the latest Breitbart fiasco. All these sites should have them!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The story about drinking water and methane gas is black propaganda?

Why did you even bother posting? Obfuscational fallacy technique known as loaded question?

Unless you are here to agree or to dispute said conspiracy theory, buh bye.

Or do you think that the Rockefellers are not part of the elitist control of our government?

WELL?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
black propaganda

Sourcewatch Home Page

Take a look at the front page stories, no bias here?

That's the lead story. What story are you referring to?

For your sake, I sure hope you're not looking at the picture and then referring to the story entitled, "The Blame Game Double Standard."

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Great find endisnighe. As I (and a couple others) find this enlightening, to say the least, I am sorry to say that it may not be sexy enough to draw in the people you wish to debate with.

For anyone who has the ability to step back and look at things objectively (without bias) would undoubtedly question why such an agenda is being pushed so hard without too much uproar from public figures? I can remember a time when Hollywood's "B" list would pop on the TV screen to tell me that the war was wrong (no disagreement here). I have one question for everyone... WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Still fighting on two fronts and possibly a third if Iran looks promising and there is no "celebrity" outcry, no "heartfelt" pleas for reasoning from our commander in chief they are mute. For people who get off on others seeing and hearing them, they sure do seem quite quiet and absent, no?

[edit on 02/04/2009 by Cool Breeze]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Where is this bias??? What story?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well, since I'm not getting an answer for a while...a few points.

1. Your OP has huge leaps of logic in it. Posting a link to a Wiki definition twice with the words black propaganda and the link name. Um okay.

2. Posting a link to the Sourcewatch homepage. A page whose lead story changes regularly, and NO link to the alledgedly biased story.

3. Posting their more than fair disclaimer.

4. Stating who funds the site.

5. Declaring...ta da!...that it is a black propagandist site.

I guess you'd really blow your noggin if I told you the site used to be called Disinfopedia

reply to post by endisnighe

Because I am replying to this thead I am a progressive communist? Wow.

reply to post by Redwookieaz

Renewed effort? No clue how long sourcewatch has been around, eh? Try 2003. Also, what is right there in black and white, please. What biased article did YOU see?

reply to post by rival

Nice research?
Wiki coulda given him just about every answer. There are no big secrets here.

Same question to you. What article did you see that was biased.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Well, I wrote a thread on that awhile back.

Now that the Democrats are in Power "War is good"!

That right there pretty much sums it up.

Both sides of the progressive/communist entity known as the Dem Repub paradigm use cognitive dissonance. Trying to cause a behavior that in essence is not what is good for the whole yet makes you go the way they push.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Link to the biased article, please? Who's "obfuscating?"

Did you mean the article "The Blame Game Double Standard" about Michael Steele?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

I notice you cropped all the other articles out. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

I have already posted my evidence, are you going to ATTEMPT to dispute it or not?

The links to the black propaganda definition were to show what they are doing. Dur.

I guess the Rockefeller Foundation is not tied to the IMF and Federal Reserve. Hmmm, I guess not.

Oh, and by the way, I thought you said you voted for Ron Paul. It seems kind of weird you stated that yet, almost all of your comments are directly incongruent with his positions. Why is that?

Nope, no bias here at all and no links to a bunch of progressive/communist sites.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3487251c7c5e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5e5ba69f7fc.jpg[/atsimg]

Like I said, propaganda from the progressive/communists funded by the likes of Soros and Rockefellers

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
where is the black propaganda?

Oh, I saved everything. I notice you didn't show a particular story, though. That might show non-bias.

You posted NO evidence.

You have no biased article.

You yourself posted their disclaimer.

They don't hide what...erm..."side" their on.

Your "research" was 95% in the Wiki entry about SourceWatch. The rest a click away.

The rest is your opinion on what's clear. Other than the fact you use some silly words to describe whatever it was they call themselves (sorry, I suck at labels...you must have used up all the label pellets in the universe so there were none left for me).

You have bupkus. Sorry.

Bu-bye!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
P.S. Ultimately, black propaganda relies on the willingness of the receiver to accept the credibility of the source.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Dare i say it?

Could this thread be white propaganda??

Or maybe capitalist propaganda???

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I haven't looked real in-depth into the site, but I don't see anything sinister about it. There is a clear bias and that makes it a less than ideal source, but it doesn't mean the information is necessarily wrong or being controlled by a corporation. The worst thing I saw is that the title and content of "Brewer's Mindless Tale of Headlessness" is a bit immature in the way it goes about making its point.

By the wikipedia definition, black propaganda is made to seem as if it's from source A, but it's actually from source B in an attempt to disparage source A. If SourceWatch is an attempt a black propaganda it is the worst possible attempt. You point out that it states it's a part of the CMDR. The CMDR lists their financial supporters. Not exactly great subterfuge. Plus, the Rockefeller Foundation isn't even a current supporter. You could say, "That's what they want you to think!" If that were true, you'd think they'd go a little bit farther than a bit of unbolded text.

Another thing is that just because a group gives money to something like the CMDR doesn't mean they decide where the money goes. If you donate to PBS during the pledge drive, you don't get to say, "I want this $25 to go to Ken Burns making a documentary about jug bands." I know that's small potatoes compared to a big foundation, but it's more or less the same idea. Also, not everyone is a whore. In a worst case corporations-are-controlling-our-independent-watchdog-group scenario, there would have to be at least one idealistic person, a metaphorical one good man in Sodom, who would report it. You don't join such a group in hopes of immediately kowtowing.

At its worst, SourceWatch is just an extremely liberal website. That's my opinion at least.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Alright, a site set up to look like wikipedia, where they STATE they are a source referencing site, is blatantly progressive.

Funded by the likes of Soros and the Rockefeller Foundation.

90% of the stories are for bashing the Republicans.

They are "supposedly" a reference site for the media.

Nope, not black propaganda at all. Nyet, 否, nr, non, nein, blah blah blah.

Here, a link to their left wing and right wing RSS feeds

Left-www.prwatch.org...
Right-www.prwatch.org...

Nein bias there.

Now their propaganda (actual name) RSS feed-www.prwatch.org...

Oh well, here is a picture of gold

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e54560848f8a.jpeg[/atsimg]

Maybe someone can argue these are not gold coins.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join