It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Adventures in Conspiracy (part 1) ATS Comic Book

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
She says things like "why do we have to have a car that sounds like a helicopter!"

Alls I ever hear is "why do you date girls as big as helicopters"

Mr Mask.....

Geez.....them's some pretty big girls.

Do you want to talk about it?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Geez.....them's some pretty big girls.

Do you want to talk about it?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

WOULD I EVER!

But...heh...not here.

But, spread the word.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Progress Report: Issue Two.

Pages 1-8 are fully done art-wise, and pages 1-4 are lettered.

Issue almost done.

Would have been done already, but life got in the way.

Silly life! When will it learn?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Progress Report: Issue Two.

Pages 1-8 are fully done art-wise, and pages 1-4 are lettered.

Issue almost done.

Would have been done already, but life got in the way.

Silly life! When will it learn?

excellent effort on several levels. love the tin foil hat lol. a sidekick would be kinda fun

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystik999
excellent effort on several levels. love the tin foil hat lol. a sidekick would be kinda fun

...but where is there room for a sidekick in the life of a paranoid?

Which raises the philosophical question, "Is it really paranoia if they really ARE out to get you?"
Note the sad story in the events prior to the death of James Forrestal...There really may have been someone out to "get him."

However, if Mr. Mask does take on a sidekick (in the comic), it may help deny any accusations that he's paranoid...But it may only be an intentional ruse by Mr. Mask, for the sole reason to dismiss such rumors of paranoia! Or would it be a reverse-psychology tactic he plays on himself while he struggles in the quagmire of self-denial about accusations of paranoia?

Double-think! Double-think!

Hmmm...Am I getting too deep? Too shallow? Too far "over the top?"
Aaaaargh!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Its funny your talking about "Paranoia". Issue two surly is on that level. As for side-kicks or allies, Mr Mask would have to overcome a few of his own issues before he could ever trust another...but, he has more then a few issues to get that accomplished.

Proper character arcs always involve reaching the polar opposite of what you began with.

I've said before (so its not letting too much away), Mr Mask will acquire allies and enemies alike. Side kick? Not so much... cohorts and comrades? Well...if you keep reading all will come to light.

So, again, my biggest fear is writing this 300 page comic and losing all my readers by issue 3...

Heh...

Pressure is a good place to work from under, and I'd have it no other way.

Here's to issue two not ruining the thunder I've earned thus far!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Pressure is a good place to work from under, and I'd have it no other way.

Of course...Without pressure on the protagonist in a story, there really is no story. I just hope the AUTHOR won't put himself under the same levels of pressure as the protagonist...A good ANTAGONIST can make a good story as long as it doesn't also ruin the author.

Take an occassional break, huh? Even paranoids need SOME sleep...If they can get it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Take an occassional break, huh? Even paranoids need SOME sleep...If they can get it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

Ha! Don't worry sir, I am not pushing myself too hard. My goal, everyday is to get "something done", not matter how small.

Lucky this project has a bunch of different sides to it, so I I get a little fed up doing one side to it, I can just do another.

If the art is getting at me a bit, I just switch to lettering. If lettering gets to me...I just go and record voice overs...if voice overs bother me, I write another issue or do story boarding for a future issue. If that bother's me, I just do a photo shoot of myself or others who will soon be introduced.

Its a pretty sweet deal and like I said I have the greatest team on earth.

So thanks for the great advice, I'm doing my best to adhere to it.

MM

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Page 9's art completed as of two minutes ago.

Moving along nicely.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I loved it. You kept it light and humorous. May I make a suggestion that you keep it just like that. Don't forget to throw some irreverence in as well as take pot shots at everyone's favorite sacred cows.

A little irreverence is always good - a lot is better. - attributed to George Carlin

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
I loved it. You kept it light and humorous. May I make a suggestion that you keep it just like that. Don't forget to throw some irreverence in as well as take pot shots at everyone's favorite sacred cows.

A little irreverence is always good - a lot is better. - attributed to George Carlin

Great advice and plan on doing much of that. Humor will surly be throughout the 30-issue series. There will also be a lot of tongue in cheek references to everything we see here on ATS.

There will be battles, downfalls, epic returns, a wise elder,hidden and secret messages, the arcing journey and of course the conclusion and the big ending of the final act.

I hope you continue to follow the series!

Thanks for the good advice and good review!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Update: Custom Flash frame display in the works.

Well, some of you suggested a comic reader app that will allow viewing the comic in a digital comic format.

Well, this was agreed on by me and ATS while such comments were being posted, but I was not sure how to get this done at the time so I didn't comment much on it.

Well now such an app is in the works (DJ Cubed, thank you SIR!) and it will be part of the multi-format comic that will be released. So yeah, cool!

Further news soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Preview of issue 2, page 2, is now up on the comic's facebook page (in my sig).

Figured people kept asking for a preview, so there ya go!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Oh wow, an attack by the authorities already? That didn't take long!!

Looks very cool and I can't wait to see what happens Mask

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

very creative artistic talent you have there... sort of a 'one man army' for the level of comics that you are producing. I know that the computer helps a lot, but choosing the corret images and the colors to keep with the story line. Can't wait until the next issue is out. Page 2 (?) on your facebook page looks great, can only imagine what the story line is next.
KUDOS

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by togetherwestand
mr mask, AMAZING!

Im jealouse..
i want to make a comic like that now.

and your comic really had some interesting symbolism in it, like mk ultra and lady gaga, and that beacon of light is similiar to like the hermit card in tarot.

so now i see you like comics, make sense with the avatar
and mr mask, what a great vigilante idea!

i have to say that i was personally struck by the comic, at the part of the butterfly symbol, you speak of a transformational driving force, some being reborn and others being destroyed by their revelations.., man this stuff hit me hard a couple years ago and im definitely in despair, its strange but i also had the idea of making a shirt with the same butterfly man symbol with the statement: transform society.

masks are for commies, pinkos and batman, (ha ha get it

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Humor will surly be throughout the 30-issue series. There will also be a lot of tongue in cheek references to everything we see here on ATS.

Surly humor? Well, sometimes the best viewpoints are expressed by those who are "surly to bed & surly to rise."

Yep, George Carlin was right about irreverance...It's the only way to cut through deeply-held, long-standing doctrines & dogma that have absolutely no relationship to logic, wisdom & common sense.

To take a page from Gallagher's book, perhaps some use of "tongue OUT of cheek" humor wuold be entertaining too. After all, it's American to be pissed off. This nation was not founded by content & complacent people that were happy with English Monarchy! Sometimes you just have to come right out & say what it is that gets you pissed off...At least (as Gallagher put it), as long as what you're saying won't get you killed...

But that last part (about not getting killed) isn't as easy as it once was...Not since the Aliens & Seditions Act & lots of what the Patriot Act is all about...

As for the preview of issue #2, I like it...Getting in on ACTION early. First came character establishment, then comes action...I like it! Truly an Adventure in the making, so I can't say that your cover-title is misleading in any way.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
this was great i loved it, liked the beginning "moms basement" keep up the good work cant wait for the second

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lewzaphur
I know for a fact that Mr Mask was just born faceless

You are correct sir! But, you know me well.

P.S. South Park Rules fart jokes or nay

Sorry...I assume that show, and the rest of the blips on the boob-tube are all weapons made to make us chuckling disobedient mirth junkies.

South Park is on the top of my list of "shows that turned two generations into giggling fart machines" unable to stand united and focused on real situations."

Then again, I find the TV to be an intrusive dictator of thought and a deadly poison to us all.

I can not enjoy such things...I can only watch everyone gaze into it and laugh while the world around us burns.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Sometimes you just have to come right out & say what it is that gets you pissed off...At least (as Gallagher put it), as long as what you're saying won't get you killed...

But that last part (about not getting killed) isn't as easy as it once was...

For a long time now, I have been unconcerned with "getting killed" or forcefully being silenced. This comic will be no different.

Of course, if I ever DO disappear for taking pot-shots at those controlling us all...then someone will have to finish the comic for me....all scripts are printed and in my desk! Seek them with good intent!

I enjoy all your posts ripe with good advice and insight.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join