It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Adventures in Conspiracy (part 1) ATS Comic Book

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

I don't know what scares me more, the NWO, MK-ULTRA, the Monarch program, Adolf Hitler - or the mysterious man in the hideous Mask, going around distributing hugs at will!

Random acts of hugs! I'm Masked, so good luck telling them who hugged you!

And know...Its that kinda hug with that uncomfortable moment where it lasts just three seconds too long...

Comon...MK Ultra don't have NOTHING on that...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Random acts of hugs! I'm Masked, so good luck telling them who hugged you!

And know...Its that kinda hug with that uncomfortable moment where it lasts just three seconds too long...

Creepy! *bleggghh*

Can't you get a hotass female friend to hug me instead, or something??

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yay I gave you the 300th star!

Great job Mr. Mask!! I love comics (still a kid at heart) and of course ATS.

This has made my day, great art work and alot of small details added everywhere.

Keep it up buddy we all want more!!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Hellsmight]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I really don't expect you to spill the beans, but I'm merely wondering if I'll see any mention of the Paperclip Project in some future issue...The Nazis may have lost WW2, but Facism was merely transplanted to the USA.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
I really don't expect you to spill the beans, but I'm merely wondering if I'll see any mention of the Paperclip Project in some future issue...The Nazis may have lost WW2, but Facism was merely transplanted to the USA.

Seeing as I am interested in such things like Paper Clip, and related-type conspiracies, yes, those subjects will be in the series.

But, as I said somewhere in this long thread of craziness, the comic will focus more on the course of the familiar journey of the conspiracy theorist, and less on the actual conspiracies themselves.

Yes, there will be these subjects tying in to the story itself, but more along the lines of "what these conspiracies do to the theorist" and less about a page-by-page description of the actual information.

My hope is to deliver enough evidence to get a new-comer to research further by giving them a few good things to search up, while not boring the "well versed theorists" with rehashing the basic info we already know.

Going for a double edged sword, and trying hard to achieve a sweet spot in the middle of "education" and "entertainment".

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks again for your insight and recommendations. I highly doubt this project can survive without people giving me such a thing.

MM

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

nice links in your sig. I'm gunna check em out as soon as I remember to.

Excellent. If you need anything more 'cartoonish' for a few of your own panels, let me know. I'm just a u2u away.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr Mask.....

Your thing now has as much blue stuff in it as mine.

But, that does not make you as good as me.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I immediately recognized that you were focusing more on the "adventure" of progressing through the field of conspiracy theory. All it takes to see this is that all of the conspiracy theories you've mentioned so far were just that...Mentions. That's why I also mentioned the Paperclip Project as nothing more than a mere "mention."

Sad to say, I'm one of those who woke up slooowly...Not nearly as quickly as many others, or even as quickly as you've portrayed the protaganist in your comic. I may have started waking up early in my life, but the actual progression was very slow: For me, it began in grade school of the Public Indoctrination Center. Speaking of which, I'm also wondering if you'll also be mentioning these Public Indoctrination Centers masquerading as "schools."
After all, at least one thing Obama has in common with Hitler was the focus on our youth: Remember Obama's push to organize "community service" for our teenagers, so similar to Hitler's Youth Groups?

Sometime in the mid-to-late 1960's (Yeah, I'm that old, but was still too young for Woodstock: As a matter of fact, 'ol Barry is only about 1 week older than I am), it started in Geography class. We were "required" to commit to memory the names of all of the States & their capital cities...My thought on that was, "This is completely pointless to anyone who can read an Atlas Map," which was something I was taught before that class. WTF?
This is when my eyes started to flicker, allowing the first rays of light to pierce the darkness, but it still wasn't enough to awaken me.

Two separate occassions in high school (mid-to-late 70's) were like the flashbulbs from a camera, though. By this time, I'd grown up enough to be taking an interest in the more creative, artistic part of human nature (Dramatics, live stage productions; photography, painting, sculpture, etc), but both of these "flashes" happened in Science class. In one lab class, we were given a certain number of pulleys & string to see if we could configure a pulley system that would reduce the amount of "required pull" to lift a weight...I've always been particularly bright (a voracious reader in a wide variety of subjects), so it took me less than half the time we were alloted to complete the task. Since I had time to waste, I just amused myself by randomly figuring out other pulley configurations, such as one that would double the required pull...

The thought that got to me though, is that I understood the concept of using certain tools to reduce work & increase efficiency as a necessary use of intellect...But I was also disenchanted in the fact that, even though some kids are a bit smarter than others, the smart ones were forced to waste their time for the average or slower people to catch up!

The other event in Science class that got to me was that were were required to calculate the number of valence electrons in various formations of atoms. Again, I had no problem doing so, but I wondered why the push to force-teach (this was officially a "required" class in the ciriculum) a specifically narrow topic in Physics to those who had absolutely no desire to become Physicists!

The time I got out of the High School Prison was the point my eyes were fully opened...But instead of actively searching out the hidden sickness under the obvious symptoms, I merely kept a loose mental track of more symptoms as I observed them. The general "benchmark" I used for keeping track was whenever I encountered something that made me think, "That's not right." I may have been "awake," but I was still dazed & disoriented from sleep...Like many people are when their alarm clocks ring in the morning.

The real eye-openers came when I joined the Navy (1986 until late in 1990)...This was the equivalent of that first cup of coffee in the morning. I was in a technical rate, tasked with maintenance & repair of computer-based data processing systems (yeah, it's classified). There was such a thick atmosphere of back-stabbing office-politics that my duty station was (on paper anyway) considered to be the best place for those of my rating to be...But it also had the lowest morale of any Navy installation (of any kind) worldwide! That was one heck of a cup of coffee!...So much caffene in that cup that I was almost literally climbing the walls by the time my term was finished! Almost like "mainlining" pure caffene!

By that time, I was fully aware that there was something very wrong in the primal core of this world, but instead of trying to find the root truth to the cancer in human nature, I tried to immunize myself to it...In other words, I tried to recognize it when I saw it, then learn from it & separate from it to "put up defenses" against it. I had entertained some hope of keeping from being infected by it. All to no avail...The corruption was so deeply imbedded & widespread that there really is no defense against it that will hold for any length of time. By this time, I had gone past the initial denial stage, but had yet to learn that there's no immunity from it. It was only up until about 6 or 7 years ago that I ran across a quote that describes it better than I could:

Thomas Jefferson
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

From a very old source, I found a bit of wisdom..."If there is no defense, then the only thing left is to attack! But, a person must also be wise in their stratigies & tactics (I think a mention of Sun Tzu is appropriate here)...First, one must learn how to figure out the best place to attack, the best time to attack & the best method for attack. It took me a few years of puttering around with ideas, sources & resources...And, like the protagonist in your comic, I found ATS to be the single best source of "intelligence data" & a starting point to decide a path of research & info-collection. Of course, I don't limit my activities to ATS...I do things elsewhere, trying to keep a reasonable level of subtlety (This is the meaning behind my avatar; a warrior with subtlety). After all, ATS does have their policies against "organizing" & "recruiting," so in respect & honor of that, I keep this "Intelligence Agency" separate.

Well, that's pretty much my story, but I'm still waiting (semi-patiently) for the rest of yours...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

"Your thing now has as much blue stuff in it as mine."

Just by you taking the time to "compare things" leads me to believe you probably drive an expensive sports car.

on topic

Mask,
are you going to hold out delivering issue # 2 until some sort of specified date, or will it be rolled out upon completion? Just wondering what sort of schedule you have planned?

Oh And my sis watched it and gave you a

~meathead

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic

"Your thing now has as much blue stuff in it as mine."

"SO, Mr Mask! I SEE YOUR THING IS AS BIG AS MINE!"

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

Cupocoffee.....

Will you give me some more flags so Mask doesn't beat me?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Dude, I think that's against the rules, to beg for more flags. (And makes you seem insecure too)

Heck, Mask has already beaten me ten times over, but I still love him. ..... in a totally heterosexual, "brotherly love" kind of way I mean!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

Dude, I think that's against the rules, to beg for more flags. (And makes you seem insecure too)
Heck, Mask has already beaten me ten times over, but I still love him. ..... in a totally heterosexual, "brotherly love" kind of way I mean!!

Cupocoffee.....

That's OK if you can't help me.

It's just that we seemed to be getting along quite well & every little bit helps.

I'm 4 ahead of Mask right now, but I don't know how long that will last.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

are you going to hold out delivering issue # 2 until some sort of specified date, or will it be rolled out upon completion? Just wondering what sort of schedule you have planned?

The issues will be released on dates predetermined, once a month, end of the month, or the beginning. At first I was just going to release them as posts on the board, but since then things have been picking up speed and there will be announcements on that soon.

But yes, I hope to soon settle on some date that will serve as the release date per issue. As it stands now, I am almost done with issue two, but recently I've been talking with the bigwigs at ATS, and there are plans for bigger and better things then just posting the comic in the forum as a single thing.

Stick around sir, and see where it goes. It will be fun.

Oh And my sis watched it and gave you a

Awwww....tell her thank you from the bottom of my heartless chest!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Cupocoffee.....

That's OK if you can't help me.

It's just that we seemed to be getting along quite well & every little bit helps.

I'm 4 ahead of Mask right now, but I don't know how long that will last.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Its not the size of your flags that matter, its how you use them! And you sir are far ahead of me in using your flags in a wonderful way!

Sure, sure, soon my flags will make your tiny flag-empire look like a crippled thing limping across the road in effort to just reach that oncoming bus just to end their existence...but, that don't matter. Look at it this way!

1) You are so much better looking then my flags!

2) You are buff...me and my flags are not.

3) With our flags combined...we are... CAPTAIN PLANET!!!! (I dunno how that works, but its true yknow).

Over all...I just want you to know, I am giving you as many flags as I can. I've decided to take a break from the comic today and start flagging you all day instead. Hopefully we can get you far ahead of my increasing flag level.

Also! Just so you know, out of friendship, I've decided to make the comic only stick-figures with no plot or dialog, In effect sabotaging my project in efforts to stop me from getting flags...this is our only hope at stopping the flags from coming.

I'm in your corner man...don't worry...I won't let this Mr Mask guy beat you in flags! Friends do not let friends lose in the flag-game! I got you man!

Rest easy.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr Mask.....

Thank you.....

I feel much better about things now.

It would be awful to think I would be discriminated against or otherwise disadvantaged because I am not able to make a cartoon.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr Mask.....

Thank you.....

I feel much better about things now.

It would be awful to think I would be discriminated against or otherwise disadvantaged because I am not able to make a cartoon.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Wait...you don't make cartoons?

Oh man...this is gunna be harder then I originally thought...

Oh man oh man...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
3) With our flags combined...we are... CAPTAIN PLANET!!!! (I dunno how that works, but its true yknow).

Hmm, like the idea but not sure if I like the name "Captain Planet".

What about a character called "CaptainCatastrophe" or "GeneralMayhem" or "AdmiralApocalypse", something like that........?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Meathead.....

Just by you taking the time to "compare things" leads me to believe you probably drive an expensive sports car.

Why do you think it's funny to take pot shots at my life?

As it so happens, I do "drive an expensive sports car".

I've worked very hard for that car. I've also endured considerable problems with my wife, who doesn't approve of it.

She says things like "why do we have to have a car that sounds like a helicopter!"

Can you imagine how that makes me feel?

And then you start..... :shk:

Gee thanks, mate.....

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

She says things like "why do we have to have a car that sounds like a helicopter!"

Alls I ever hear is "why do you date girls as big as helicopters"...

I feel your pain!

Hang in there...driving sports cars just means you truly do suffer.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join