It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the Sun in the sky.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

My reply was quoted from No King But Jesus' reply to you. It appears by quoting his/her reply in my reply that it appears as incorrect, but it isnt.

Anyways, I have NO issue with you.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Thats one way of thinking about the sun.. However. Its more like this in the ways of old.. And how our whole little world is the way it is today..
God is not the sun.. The sun.. Is the Son, of God..
God has many Sons.. SUNS...

God sent his son here to earth, and he was fortold to come back..

Welll God's son. or sun.. Comes back every morning..

Think of Jesus.. He gave his life for us...
What does our sun do>?

It gives off energy, killing itself so we all may live..

Thus when you think of it in the ways of the old, it really makes sense..

No the Sun is not God.. but part of Gods family in that sense..
God has many Sons.. Or Suns, if you rather!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

Pleased to hear i!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
edit to add-this is for sonofsun

if you don't believe my testimony and would rather allege and slander to justify yourself in hatred towards christians, there is really not much else to say, I know what I heard, the scriptures and witnesses agree throughout the ages, and the key word- RELATED to my testimony, the scriptures speak for themselves in it's witness

You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.-John5.39

Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.-1Cor1.21

He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."-Acts17.31

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A lot of people are saying that God is the Son of God, since there are many suns. But, if a skeptical person asked you to point the creator of life, the best thing to point at would be the Sun.

You can't point at gravity, you can point at an object falling, but that doesn't mean objects falling creates life. You can point at a theorem of gravity, but that is not a real thing, only an abstract thing. You can show someone a picture of the universe, or make your arms real big and indicate everything, but that is still not a specific thing. Even though the sun does not illuminate all parts of the earth (which would imply the Sun is not omni-present), other than that, the basic idea of a long lasting creator of life is the sun.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
incidently, in the matter of a belief system, I have no problem with the concept of the sun being a deity, or a carrot, or a piece of toast, or wind, etc...all systems are simple matters of belief over facts anyhow, so it really is a moot point.

I think that the problem lies in the implied matter that the sun is the christian god...and thats not the case overall...if you went into philosophical hair splitting, the sun would be either Jesus or Lucifer, depending on which interpretation you wanted to go with...but the head God created the light...the sun...so therefore the sun is not God...

Morning star...sure (after all, it is a star, and you do see it in morning), or the light/savior/whatnot.

so point to God. You can't, the closest thing you can point to as a creator of life is the Sun. So, if you want to be technical, the Sun is the Son of God, but it's still the literal creator. If you try and say energy is the literal creator, try and point to energy, and not just a reaction to energy.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

you may like this-

She gave birth to a son, a male child-Rev12.5

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add that the heavy elements that make up the Earth, us and everything else in our solar system didn't come from our present sun. They were manufactured inside an ancient star that exploded in a supernova before our star was a twinkle in the universe's eye.

So our sun cannot be god, as it didn't create the matter from which we are made.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Filo,
I have only read your first 3 or 4 post's on this matter. But it's also a conclusion i have come to. Who is to say the sun does not have conciseness?

Man is unable to pinpoint the captain of his OWN "ship" ( the human mind) at this time.... yes.. we are able to explore the vessel, and all of the nerves and the tick and the tock... but WHAT exactly makes each individual it's own unique infinite being..and DRIVES the ship..has yet to be discovered.

The sun, is most definitely alive. As are the other planets in the solar system. I feel we are unable to comprehend it's intelligence at this early stage of 3D development.

*EDIT- extension of views

I believe the Sun is more of a Demi-GOD. Thats helps us on THIS plane of existance. While we are all one...Even with our own star.. there are different levels of awareness. I do not believe the sun is *THE* God.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Godz Enigma]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
A lot of people are saying that God is the Son of God, since there are many suns. But, if a skeptical person asked you to point the creator of life, the best thing to point at would be the Sun.

You can't point at gravity, you can point at an object falling, but that doesn't mean objects falling creates life. You can point at a theorem of gravity, but that is not a real thing, only an abstract thing. You can show someone a picture of the universe, or make your arms real big and indicate everything, but that is still not a specific thing. Even though the sun does not illuminate all parts of the earth (which would imply the Sun is not omni-present), other than that, the basic idea of a long lasting creator of life is the sun.

Are you saying that biologic life is impossible without the aid of a sun? what about artificial suns (theoretically) what if we can create a sun? Who's the God now? At what point are the components of a star no longer necessary to aid life? Why worship our sun but not distant suns with no life? Are those suns not worthy? What if we traveled near within range proportional to our current sun, would they then be worthy?

You can look at the conditions of the past and formulate an idea of how important the sun is for life, but if a skeptical person asked you how relevant is that for the future, the best thing to point out would be that the sun is not a God, but merely one of the sources that can aid in creating life.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dockman45

I totally agree,everything has been put into motion,I dont think there is anyone who controls this,it just happens........

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Something I figured I would share FROM REVELATIONS 9:1, in relation to the current topic of sun/star and the CREATOR.

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace.

As you all can see there is a reference to a STAR that has been given the key to the Abyss.

Also you see the STAR is given a GENRE (he), seems STARS can be alive and have genre. As well as a concious* to do the deeds set upon them by the CREATOR OF ALL/ GOD...

So I do personally believe that the nearest STAR the SUN has CONCIOUS RESPONSILIBITIES such as: maintaining magnetic force for life to remain near it on neighboring spheres -providing radiation and warmth for life of its region to survive also lightfor plants to grow and feed the natives.

Different stars shall provide different effects within their specific regions allowing life to thrive in different ways in relation to the nearest star or stars allowing for the univers to grow more divers after said lifeforms have been seeded and began to flurish per celestial location...

I WOULD CALL HER MOTHER NATURE the SUN that is due to her effects on planets near and far. As it does seem to cradel our civilizations thru time and provide foods with light to grow to feed the native animals (humans also) sorta like a mom breast feeding her baby with neutrients to survive. nice thread S&F

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The sun is a local god, it is the god of its system of planets.

Long time ago people knew this and a lot of other things naturally,
they didn't need to be told things of this nature.

Gradually, the quality of people declined and the class of priests,
or professional interpreters emerged and so did the opportunity for fraud.

Down the road the quality of people declined further and they couldn't
relate to god it unless it was either male or female,
and looked like them or their animals or some combination thereof.
Further down the road they couldn't accept god unless it was a male.
Further down, the quality of people was such that multiple gods was too
much for them so monotheism and its ensuing intolerance came to be.

Fast forward to the present day and all we see is the sun converting
hydrogen into helium, floating aimlessly into empty space with bunch of
planets orbiting around it, but not doing much else. Impressive as it all
may be, it is devoid of any purpose save for the third of its inner planets.

Seeing the sun as god? Give me a break!

Obviously those who think that way have either not had the bible
banged into their heads heard enough or not studied dead
chemistry in the secular school system long enough.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It is a very interesting concept and one that should not be viewed lightly. Humans and many animals and organisms are dependent on light from the sun. As each day passes we ignore and give no thanks to the photons that are constantly travelling through space and time in order to find objects to bounce off so that we and the universe(s) can see the way.

And God said, Let there be light: 2 Cor. 4.6 and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Through basic research it is not hard to find scientific data to suggest that there is more to the sun than we (as a human collectiveness) know about.

Great thread and deservedly a flag and star

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon
reply to post by Ex Plures-Unus

Who decides what life is and what is not?

The Atom is a self sustained entity that continously exchanges energy or even sub atomic particles for that matter, as much as you exchange energy and particles with the surrounding environment and entities.

Isn't the comming together of two different atoms by exchanging electrons and creating a molecule with totally different qualities as their "parents" some kind of primordial sexual reproduction and complexification by union of two "sexes", one being negative and one being positive?

It's just a matter of definition.
You have been around for what, some decades, humanity has been around for millenia. You should watch the entire Sun's existence since the begining till the end to come to the conclusion that it does not reproduce. Who knows maybe earth is the sun's "child".
Of cours i was joking, NOT!

I might add, where does the life-force come from if we are made from basically "dead" matter? What does make someone alive. Is being alive being sentient? What is being sentient? What if even atoms are sentient in a very low level that we do not fully understand?

Let's not be arrogant in labeling things as "alive" or "dead" when we have no power in having chosen to be alive in the first place.

There is however a simple geniuine and naive truth. We owe our life to the energy of Sun.
As I have pointed out before the sun is just the god of macrocosm, not the absolute one who i doubt anyone knows. But as far as our little world is concerned, as far as humanity is concerned, the Sun makes life possible, he is our God. The warmth that flows through our veins, the warmth of life is just sunlight transmutet to heat through a long process.
Truth is always simple, no need to go to far to find it, it is in the Sun-Light.

No religion involved here, no complex philosophy involved, just the simple facts of nature.
My GOD is he who makes my life possible, and we all agree that the SUN is what makes life on earth as we know it possible.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by ProdigalSon]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by ProdigalSon]

Im not sure if you jumped the gun, or if you just didn't really read my post that carefully. I was quoting an earlier post from a person that suggested that "alive" was only attributable to "biological" entities.

If anyone recognizes that energy could be "life" or what may have you, pure and simple, it would be myself.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Ex Plures-Unus]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
the sun IS conscious. the entity occupying the sun has a sanscrit name.

it is "isvara". it gives life to the solar system.

the entity wearing our planet earth as a body is called "manu", and despite the abuse it experiences from humans, so far, it continues to sustain us. but soon it will experience initiation to a higher realm. most of the inhabitants will not follow.

another conscious entity sustains the milky way. and so on ad infinitum.

all have their life and purpose and energy manifested by the inconceivable most high about which nothing can be said.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The SUN was worshiped as a GOD from a cave.
This would be prior to any scientific investigation capacity.

Other inanimate objects worshiped as GOD/S include, wind, fire, light, earth and a host of other things.

This results in polytheism and pantheism.

The problem that humans have is twofold: CONSCIENCE and REASON.

Conscience is the internal reality ("science") that compass points to a Supreme Moral Being.

Science is discovered by applying reason to the external reality. The evidence of a Supreme Powerful Being is found here.

God is the author of each conscience and His word provides proper reasoned understanding of his Moral law which must be followed for eternal life. Gods moral will.

God is the author of the physical laws of the universe and this is a result of His sovereign Will.

Early in our history we worshiped what was CREATED and not THE CREATOR.

Seems that sort of unconsciousness is beginning to permeate the supposedly rational and reasoned cogitations of humankind. This is done to disconnect us from the moral laws of God.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I always wondered why Secret Societies took part in Sun Worship...

The Sun might very well be a conscious, omni-X being. We can't even stare at it for long before we go blind. Can't get near enough to study it before we get consumed by its heat. Do we actually know much about the Sun? How much of this knowledge can we judge even as relatively accurate?

[edit on 26/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

God, as in the supreme creator of life, must be the Sun

Does not compute ...the sun lacks omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience ....

I can see old archaic civilization to knowing any better thinking this to be the case...... but these days ....Just No

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Originally posted by filosophia

Are you saying that biologic life is impossible without the aid of a sun? what about artificial suns (theoretically) what if we can create a sun? Who's the God now? At what point are the components of a star no longer necessary to aid life? Why worship our sun but not distant suns with no life? Are those suns not worthy? What if we traveled near within range proportional to our current sun, would they then be worthy?

You can look at the conditions of the past and formulate an idea of how important the sun is for life, but if a skeptical person asked you how relevant is that for the future, the best thing to point out would be that the sun is not a God, but merely one of the sources that can aid in creating life.

Even in the ocean, without the sun, the ocean would be too cold, and no biological life could exist. Deep underground, there is no light, but there still is warmth from the earth's core, and some believe the earth's core is like a sun, it's energy either way, so without that energy, life can not exist.

I said that if we can duplicate this energy source, we would be creators, but think of how hard this is for us to do, because we do not have perfectly sufficient machines, we instead have machines that produce waste, and require energy in to produce energy out.

Meanwhile, the sun will shine in the skies forever. Science believes it is not forever, that the sun will die out in a billion or trillion years, but 1. that is their opinion, 2. they won't be alive to verify this, unless their writings survive for future generations to debate. This is unlikely, meanwhile, the sun will still be in the sky.

As for distant suns (stars), does star light allow for plants to grow? No, it is too far away, too distant. Do stars give us warmth during the day? No, they are once again too far away. Perhaps if we were on an alien planet near a sun, then that sun would be our creator, and our (earth) sun would be a meaningless star. But that's not the case. We are on earth. Therefore, our sun created us.

Even if life somehow formed within the earth, or the ocean, outside of the sunlight, it eventually evolved to the point of man on earth, needing the sun.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join