It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the Sun in the sky.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
God, as in the supreme creator of life, must be the Sun. Any attempt by civilization to explain a conception of God falls most correctly upon the truth if they view the Sun in the sky as God. That is the single greatest factor of life in our known existence here on earth. The Sun is undoubtedly the creator of life on earth. It's rays of light provide energy to make plants grow on earth, and from that ecosystem allows insects, animals, and eventually humans to come into existence. The sun is our creator. There is none other that provides the life the sun gives to us.

Without the sun, no civilization would be able to exist, unless they were 100 percent self sufficient, with their own source of energy. Currently civilization is nowhere near this type of sufficiency on a wide scale.

The other stars in the sky, while they may be larger than our Sun, do not provide the type of comfort that our Sun provides to us. Therefore, whatever balance they add to the universe is negligible because we are talking only about earth. If there were an alien earth with its own sun, then that sun would also be a "God", and thus there could be more than one in the universe. Which means that there is an endless amount of SPACE to create endless Gods (Stars). In conclusion, the cycle of nature, if it starts with microscopic bacteria, must eventually evolve to become stars, and so the religious archetype is met: A man gains an understanding of nature (evolves), and becomes one with God (a self sufficient collection of life giving energy; a star).

edit: (the essence of being would be energy, but if you wanted to point to an actual thing, then the religious God would most likely be the Sun. However, since a star may not be a being, it is an essence of being, so the core of a star is the absolute).

[edit on 25-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Definitions of god on the Web:

•the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
•deity: any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
•a man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people; "he was a god among men"
•idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"

Although the sun is not a universe creator, it is idol of sorts...albeit a natural one...
the definition of a God seems to require some consciousness and life force...the sun does not appear to be alive, therefore does not qualify as any sort of deity status...sorry OPs...the sun is not God by definition..else, air can also be considered a god, or water...
Back in the day, all these elements were referred to either Gods, or attributes controlled by a god...then science came along...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It took a century for the Catholic church to get people to stop worshiping the sun. People were beheaded for these pagan beliefs.

I wouldn't bring this up again if I were you.

Just joking. The sun is glorious, without which we couldn't exist.
But....it's not God.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
almost.

Jesus is the sun, god isn't.

your close though.....

i can't believe there are still people in this world that don't realise jesus is the sun, and we're going into a new age where our sun is going to awaken, and it will no longer be called jesus.

you guys need to read the bible, and try to understand it unlike all these bible huggers who are pretty much insane.

and if you can't figure this out threw the bible, watch zigihest they explain it fairly well

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I still hang with the energy thing. The universe is full of energy on levels we still don't understand. While I continue my search for answers I tend to keep looking up...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

Naa, Jesus is just the story of Horus with new names...Horus did have domain over both the sun and moon, was known as the savior and the light, etc...but if u were to try and parallel christianity with the sun, you would have more luck saying Lucifer was/is the sun...the morning star...the sun is a star that we see starting at morning, etc (although most agree it is venus they were talking about).

Mythology is a interesting tangled web.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Definitions of god on the Web:

•the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
•deity: any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
•a man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people; "he was a god among men"
•idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"

Although the sun is not a universe creator, it is idol of sorts...albeit a natural one...
the definition of a God seems to require some consciousness and life force...the sun does not appear to be alive, therefore does not qualify as any sort of deity status...sorry OPs...the sun is not God by definition..else, air can also be considered a god, or water...
Back in the day, all these elements were referred to either Gods, or attributes controlled by a god...then science came along...

You think the sun is not alive? Is a plant alive? Then why is the plant's creator not alive? The plant is alive because of multiple elements, the sun is one element, it has a more self sufficient life.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
It took a century for the Catholic church to get people to stop worshiping the sun. People were beheaded for these pagan beliefs.

I wouldn't bring this up again if I were you.

Just joking. The sun is glorious, without which we couldn't exist.
But....it's not God.

which shows how ignorant society is, by banning the worship of the only real life giving object in existence.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2
almost.

Jesus is the sun, god isn't.

your close though.....

i can't believe there are still people in this world that don't realise jesus is the sun, and we're going into a new age where our sun is going to awaken, and it will no longer be called jesus.

you guys need to read the bible, and try to understand it unlike all these bible huggers who are pretty much insane.

and if you can't figure this out threw the bible, watch zigihest they explain it fairly well

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

read my edit I placed at the end of my first post. The essence of all stars would be 'God' but it is not a complex being as such, rather the simple state of energy. The 'being' would be the sun.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
From what i gathered, we are all one.
Which means the sun is you, and you are it, and everything is god, or one.
You and the sun are just at different levels of consiousness, expiriencing it from different points of view.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

i'm sorry but jesus isn't just some name.

just like the bible isn't some book.

i forgot how they've traped this world to think inside the box

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
You think the sun is not alive? Is a plant alive? Then why is the plant's creator not alive? The plant is alive because of multiple elements, the sun is one element, it has a more self sufficient life.

No, the sun is not alive...alive is a biological attribute placed on a lifeform...and the sun is not a lifeform..it does not reproduce, eat, etc...

Animation is not life..it is simply reactions in the same way I can plop a rock into a lake...the waves it creates are not alive...simply reactionary forces from the rock...you can make an argument that if you go far enough back, you will find a alive being meddling with things to make the wave to begin with, but that doesn't change the fact that the rock, nor the waves are not alive.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Religions started out most likely as a teaching tool based on beliefs and lifes big questions. It has however been so distorted and corupted that its meaning was lost. The point being you are here now, miricles happen all around you, you will be gone and forgotten in the blink of an eye and no person, book, govenment, guru, prophet, seer, psyhcic or psycho can tell you what comes next. That is the plan "You don't get to know" your free will gets to guide you kind of like "Let go and let God". That alone should be enough.....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The Sun is a life-form, like the Earth and they are all part of a larger system.

Think of the sun like a Radio DJ and people are the radios that receive the signal.

The Sun sends instruction via energy to us but it receives its energy from elsewhere too.

There are indigenous philosophies that support the belief that your soul, once perfected, will become a sun that supports the life it creates. This would be co-creation at the macro level while procreation is the micro.

Anyways...the sun is no God. God is everything.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by filosophia

No, the sun is not alive...alive is a biological attribute placed on a lifeform...and the sun is not a lifeform..it does not reproduce, eat, etc...

Animation is not life..it is simply reactions in the same way I can plop a rock into a lake...the waves it creates are not alive...simply reactionary forces from the rock...you can make an argument that if you go far enough back, you will find a alive being meddling with things to make the wave to begin with, but that doesn't change the fact that the rock, nor the waves are not alive.

the sun is the source of all life. It is at the highest stage of life. A black hole would be non-life, a void of energy, but the sun is the opposite.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Normally don't post in religious threads but you are so off the mark it's not funny.

Stars - of which there are billions if not trillions are not 'God' they are quite simple things that convert H to He and in doing so produce (when they expire) heavier elements that allow us to exist...

Stars are relatively simple to understand. Now start with and amoeba and work your way through the different formations of life...impossibly complex - but all created by a big bag of nuclear reaction? Look up the conundrum of how carbon is made?

So God is a numerous (fairly boring) event in it's own universe that eventually expires to provide the basis of life. Sure!

Peace!

T

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yep..... I am the energy believer. I think the energy in the universe is the mind of God. We live in what is kind of a good thought or fun idea.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The sun is the God of macrocosm,
the sole giver of life.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2
reply to post by SaturnFX

i'm sorry but jesus isn't just some name.

just like the bible isn't some book.

i forgot how they've traped this world to think inside the box

Ya, actually Jesus is just that...just a name...not even a good name...its just a title actually...the original word was Yeshua, which means to save, or savior, or variations thereof...jesus was a description of a person moreso than "bob" or something...and be intellectually honest...who names their kid "Savior" anyhow...

Horus was known as the savior at the time...you can blind yourself to historical fact easily researchable...but ignoring the facts doesn't make them go away.

The bible is a interesting book, fun read...alot of misinterpreted history, mistranslations, and some fun little stories...worked well for our cavemen ancestors to a point, but really it needs to be rewritten to what the actual translations are for perspective...and remove all the silly stories of manmade moral judgements...th bible is just a book

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Your god may be the sun.

We all have different gods. Some are gods of gold, some are gods of power.

But the sun is quite an idle/idol god.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join