It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the Sun in the sky.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by filosophia

God, as in the supreme creator of life, must be the Sun

Does not compute ...the sun lacks omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience ....

I can see old archaic civilization to knowing any better thinking this to be the case...... but these days ....Just No

The sun is omnipresent, not only does its light effect virtually everywhere, but the gravity the sun produces does reach all points, even places under the earth and in the ocean. So while the sun's light can be darkened, its gravity it produces can not.

Omnipotence: the sun keeps all the planets in a perpetual motion without the use of any external aid. So, unless we are talking about a larger, external star, the sun is omnipotent within its solar system.

omniscience: there is no power in the sky greater than the sun from the perspective of earth. The other stars, no matter how much bigger than our sun, do not do as much for us as our sun in the sky. (the stars do not make plants grow, stars do not warm the earth, or provide necessary nutrients to produce life).

[edit on 26-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

Naa, Jesus is just the story of Horus with new names...Horus did have domain over both the sun and moon, was known as the savior and the light, etc...but if u were to try and parallel christianity with the sun, you would have more luck saying Lucifer was/is the sun...the morning star...the sun is a star that we see starting at morning, etc (although most agree it is venus they were talking about).

Mythology is a interesting tangled web.

There are many different stories of Horus. The proponents of this idea only take the ones that confirm their theories and ignore those that do not. It's all made up hog wash to push an agenda.

Jesus has also been compared to other historical figures.

One thing that none of these historical figures do is have similar life teachings to Jesus. Jesus's teachings were first and foremost a modern version of Gods' Talmudic law and His covenant. These teachings were exclusive to the Hebrew people's special take on their God and later extended to non Hebrews. No other ancient society had such views. If Jesus was the same as Horus, they would have identical teachings which is not the case.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Perhaps you are correct, i think doctor who touched on this subject once with the living star, where it was alive and humans tried to scoop up part of the suns energy and it became vengefull and killed them in return. perhaps all stars are alive in their own way and have some consiousness that we are unaware of. gods they may be they are almost all powerfull (stars) they give life to us, they can also destroy us with solar flares or growing in size supernovas and spredding more life across the universe collapsing into black holes and sucking down life itself.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Using the logic utilised in the OP, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Hydrogen is God?

Hydrogen is everywhere, it is what gives stars their energy.

hydrogen is the lightest and most abundant chemical element, constituting roughly 75 % of the Universe's elemental mass.[5] Stars in the main sequence are mainly composed of hydrogen in its plasma state. Naturally occurring elemental hydrogen is relatively rare on Earth.

Source

It fits, doesn't it? Especially as God seems to be pretty absent from Earth, as does elemental Hydrogen.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Using the logic utilised in the OP, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Hydrogen is God?

Hydrogen is everywhere, it is what gives stars their energy.

hydrogen is the lightest and most abundant chemical element, constituting roughly 75 % of the Universe's elemental mass.[5] Stars in the main sequence are mainly composed of hydrogen in its plasma state. Naturally occurring elemental hydrogen is relatively rare on Earth.

Source

It fits, doesn't it? Especially as God seems to be pretty absent from Earth, as does elemental Hydrogen.

But you can't point to hydrogen. You can point to a chemical symbol representing hydrogen, but you can't point to it specifically. The sun is something you can point to.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The sun is omnipresent, not only does its light effect virtually everywhere, but the gravity the sun produces does reach all points, even places under the earth and in the ocean. So while the sun's light can be darkened, its gravity it produces can not. Omnipotence: the sun keeps all the planets in a perpetual motion without the use of any external aid. So, unless we are talking about a larger, external star, the sun is omnipotent within its solar system. omniscience: there is no power in the sky greater than the sun from the perspective of earth. The other stars, no matter how much bigger than our sun, do not do as much for us as our sun in the sky. (the stars do not make plants grow, stars do not warm the earth, or provide necessary nutrients to produce life).

Sorry, thats all relative to the human perspective.

We need something that is not relative to any perspective. There are bigger suns out there. The light of the Sun hasn't reached everywhere yet.

It would be better to say that Space itself is God ...because the sun is within space and space was there before the Sun ever formed.

Plus science says the Sun will come to an end, i.e. is not Infinite.

God is infinite. The sun not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
But you can't point to hydrogen. You can point to a chemical symbol representing hydrogen, but you can't point to it specifically. The sun is something you can point to.

But can you point to God, in any spiritual tradition? I can't see why that should define a deity. You can't even point to Heaven, or Hell, never mind God.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So can we say that the Galactic center is 'gods' parents? If the Sun is God that is....it came from somewhere, it has beginning and will have a end. It will emanate its energy into another form just as though its emanation was energy from another form.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm a simple person.
The way I see it is the sun is one thing that is up there that can kill the whole world dead in an instant. The sun is also what keeps me alive and keeps me in food, clothes (because I only wear cotton) and warm enough to live.

It's a God to me. You bet.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex Plures-Unus

I apologize then, my fault.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

So can we say that the Galactic center is 'gods' parents? If the Sun is God that is....it came from somewhere, it has beginning and will have a end. It will emanate its energy into another form just as though its emanation was energy from another form.

I'm going to sound like a broken record by the end of this, and I should have really placed this in the title, but my thoughts weren't completely formed by that point, but now I understand what it is I am trying to express:

The sun is the only thing you can actually point to that comes closest to God

Can you point to the Galactic center? No, you can only point to a representation of it on a piece of paper, which is just a drawing, not the actual galactic center. But you can actually point to the sun (okay, so you are technically pointing to the past since the light came from the past that is now traveling to us, but it is an easier center to point to than the galactic center).

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

The sun is omnipresent, not only does its light effect virtually everywhere, but the gravity the sun produces does reach all points, even places under the earth and in the ocean. So while the sun's light can be darkened, its gravity it produces can not. Omnipotence: the sun keeps all the planets in a perpetual motion without the use of any external aid. So, unless we are talking about a larger, external star, the sun is omnipotent within its solar system. omniscience: there is no power in the sky greater than the sun from the perspective of earth. The other stars, no matter how much bigger than our sun, do not do as much for us as our sun in the sky. (the stars do not make plants grow, stars do not warm the earth, or provide necessary nutrients to produce life).

Sorry, thats all relative to the human perspective.

We need something that is not relative to any perspective. There are bigger suns out there. The light of the Sun hasn't reached everywhere yet.

It would be better to say that Space itself is God ...because the sun is within space and space was there before the Sun ever formed.

Plus science says the Sun will come to an end, i.e. is not Infinite.

God is infinite. The sun not

without being relative to a perspective, you have no consciousness or awareness to understand it. Even when you say a number, it may be abstract and without perspective, but there is still the perspective of the knower of the number.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This thread just got ridiculous IMO.

It's blatantly obvious that the Sun isn't 1 thing, and that it in fact relies on physical components of the rest of the universe to exist. It's an energy source, but it is not a source. It's merely a manifested tool. Just because science has not discovered life where there are no stars does not mean that there can only be life near a sun. With well over 200 billion suns in our Galaxy and over 100 billion galaxies in the universe, our sun has nothing special other than the fact it is our energy source. Call it a God if you want, but again there is no difference in any sun except size which makes all the other differences.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
It took a century for the Catholic church to get people to stop worshiping the sun. People were beheaded for these pagan beliefs.

I wouldn't bring this up again if I were you.

Just joking. The sun is glorious, without which we couldn't exist.
But....it's not God.

are you serious? the sun is the center of worship of the catholic church. haha come on i thought everybody knew this.....or are you joking? maybe you are..if so sorry
and from what ive learned from christ's teaching is that the religious people are the ones that killed him....he taught against religion.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
reply to post by Circular Universe

Great but I thought the sun was a sphere - without wings? Symbolism yet again! And false at that!

Peace!

actually some people say that the sun is a cube...that its spinning so fast that it just looks like a sphere....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
www.bibleufo.com...

this is one of the most interesting websites ive come across that explains what most of the people writing the bible actually witnessed in the sky and supernatural happenings of their time. seriously take a gander at it and it will open your eyes to a lot of things that seems unexplainable to people today. i hear a lot of people say that the bible is just old stories but i beg to differ if you actually take a look at what was happening all thru the bible.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
This thread just got ridiculous IMO.

It's blatantly obvious that the Sun isn't 1 thing, and that it in fact relies on physical components of the rest of the universe to exist. It's an energy source, but it is not a source. It's merely a manifested tool. Just because science has not discovered life where there are no stars does not mean that there can only be life near a sun. With well over 200 billion suns in our Galaxy and over 100 billion galaxies in the universe, our sun has nothing special other than the fact it is our energy source. Call it a God if you want, but again there is no difference in any sun except size which makes all the other differences.

meaning the sun is OUR creator and preserver. the other stars do not do as much. So, how is it that science has not yet discovered life where there is no stars, but you assume there can be life with no stars? Don't you think you are basing your opinions on faith and not science, since you say science has not discovered it yet?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Also bear in mind that at some point in the future the sun is going to expand and destroy the Earth utterly. That's one angry God. Not the sort of God I'd want to worship.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

".the sun does not appear to be alive, therefore does not qualify as any sort of deity status...sorry OPs...the sun is not God by definition."

Surely you are not trying to tell us that you have the ability to determine if something is Alive or not? Let alone if something has a conscience....

God is the force that created Everything we see and don't see. He is not definable in our little minds, nor can we see all of him with our blind eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Also bear in mind that at some point in the future the sun is going to expand and destroy the Earth utterly. That's one angry God. Not the sort of God I'd want to worship.

The Sun in that regard acts more like Shiva from the Hindu faith, Creator, Preserver, Destroyer. The sun does all three, creates life, preserves it, and eventually will destroy it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join