It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is the Sun in the sky.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2

i can't believe there are still people in this world that don't realise jesus is the sun,

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

care to explain...I mean you seem to know the answers so why not share. Remember not everyone thinks the same...

I have watched Zeitgeist, well tried to many times and quite honestly it puts me to sleep half way thru.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I went through a period of mental instability a few months ago. Well, I call it that for lack of not knowing what else to. I believed during that time that the sun was Jesus Christ, and that the rays of light of the sun could enter the womb and impregnate a chosen woman so that she could give birth to Jesus Christ. I believed that the Virgin Mary conceived of Jesus Christ in this way.

I also believed that the sun's rays were rays of infinity, infused with the value of Pi... but I credit having this thought to the movie Pi, and I just didn't realize it at the time.

As I write this it's hard for it to really make any sense in my head, a lot of the "thoughts" I had during that unstable time I don't understand anymore.

But I figured I'd chime in since we're talking about the sun and God.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by filosophia

So can we say that the Galactic center is 'gods' parents? If the Sun is God that is....it came from somewhere, it has beginning and will have a end. It will emanate its energy into another form just as though its emanation was energy from another form.

I'm going to sound like a broken record by the end of this, and I should have really placed this in the title, but my thoughts weren't completely formed by that point, but now I understand what it is I am trying to express:

The sun is the only thing you can actually point to that comes closest to God

Can you point to the Galactic center? No, you can only point to a representation of it on a piece of paper, which is just a drawing, not the actual galactic center. But you can actually point to the sun (okay, so you are technically pointing to the past since the light came from the past that is now traveling to us, but it is an easier center to point to than the galactic center).

Actually, there is a place in the direction of Sagittarius, that is called 'SGA A'....and it is the known center point for the center of our galaxy. I also know suns have beginning and ends...I also know that the very energy that is within all things, is the same energy...every star, every sphere in our cosmos, all of our elements and those beyond here, the water, the winds, life...is all holding a similar thread.

I understand, you used general words to describe what you meant to say...and that by looking at the Sun, we are closer to God. But I think it was more of a shifting of thought and not wanting to admit that the Sun alone, is not God.

The concept of you finding God in the Sun, is just the beginning friend...of finding God. Even the Sun rise....offers different teachings then the setting sun. The cycles, the orders, the other spheres, the energies around you that sustain you, your water, the life from Earth we consume...all holds the same energy....just in a different form/emanation.

Pick up a blade of grass...hold it between your palms....know within your hands, you hold the energy of the Sun, water, earth, and air....all in that blade of grass. Yes we can gain great wisdom's from knowing the Sun offers us things to learn on a spiritual level....but so can, just holding a blade of grass.

Life a rock...I am there...cut the tree...you will find me.

Its a oneness....and one must be careful to not limit Thee to one energy form...or one religion...or one planet...or one galaxy...or even to matter itself.

Step out and see the Moon...step out and feel the grass on your bare feet...take a dip in natural waters....there are many ways...to find the mysteries of the Spirit of life, within all things/energy forms/emanations.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
and especially Christ, men, women(all originally a baby), the tree's, grass to make paper, the cows that ate the grass and the steaks(yummy) they provided to give energy to eventually get you ???, the same Spirit that moved and raised Him them from the dead and to write understandable spiritual words on flattened pulp mixed with water, papyrus, as many here now write through clumped powdered iron quartz copper grounded world wide sky fire wire(lol) as they were moved to witness then, Mary, Mary, Paul, Joseph, Abraham, Moses, history(which has always been transerred with words), etc. etc. etc.

Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. -Luke12.6

we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.-1Tim4.10

God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them.-2Cor5.19

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.-Col1.16

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.-Rev21.23

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.-1John2.22

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
This thread just got ridiculous IMO.

It's blatantly obvious that the Sun isn't 1 thing, and that it in fact relies on physical components of the rest of the universe to exist. It's an energy source, but it is not a source. It's merely a manifested tool. Just because science has not discovered life where there are no stars does not mean that there can only be life near a sun. With well over 200 billion suns in our Galaxy and over 100 billion galaxies in the universe, our sun has nothing special other than the fact it is our energy source. Call it a God if you want, but again there is no difference in any sun except size which makes all the other differences.

meaning the sun is OUR creator and preserver. the other stars do not do as much. So, how is it that science has not yet discovered life where there is no stars, but you assume there can be life with no stars? Don't you think you are basing your opinions on faith and not science, since you say science has not discovered it yet?

It is not that I am "hoping" that there is life where this is no stars, It's the fact that we know so little about the universe. You are the one assuming the necessity of stars. Take the planet Jupiter, whose composition is closer to a star, where because of the intense heat of its core and its vast size, the planet actually outputs more energy than it gets from the sun. In fact the you could find room temperature from the descending temperatures to the outer atmosphere. Although you could not find life similar to our own because of the lack of oxygen and nitrogen. Jupiter is doing its own thing, yet still orbits off the gravitational pull of the sun.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Using the logic utilised in the OP, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that Hydrogen is God?

Hydrogen is everywhere, it is what gives stars their energy.

hydrogen is the lightest and most abundant chemical element, constituting roughly 75 % of the Universe's elemental mass.[5] Stars in the main sequence are mainly composed of hydrogen in its plasma state. Naturally occurring elemental hydrogen is relatively rare on Earth.

Source

It fits, doesn't it? Especially as God seems to be pretty absent from Earth, as does elemental Hydrogen.

but then what does hydrogen owe its existence/qualities/atoms to? the most high of course. call it god for want of a better name. you'll never understand it or describe it; truth can only be experienced, so you can BE it.

providing your mind is still, or out of the way.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by orangutang]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Sun is not a deity, nor is it an angel. The answer to this is a search you can do, embark upon, you can sungaze, and seek within. I was constantly challenged by a wise friend upon what the sun was, what "time" is, and "no time" and received contact with Higher Self and a series of experiences and downloads, and the inner pushing has ceased being urgent any longer, just was surprised, also knew that this was something we could understand, but in its truer and more fuller form, very complex, it would probably overload our cpu if we tried to grasp it. The threads in my signature gives some of my answers, I found. But you have to search. If you have reached this from mystery school, well their sun is the black sun or Saturn. In a duality its like the opposite but there is a lot of metaphor there, because truly under the masks we were we're all the Family of Light, and filled with Love, but in this universe it represents the duality.

The Sun is a mystery.

If you reached this because you have sungazed, have felt contact with presence or experienced an guide and guidance while the sun bursts ever so much brighter, or a really positive thought and suddenly it cuts through the clouds and brightens up your room, there is a reason for this.

If the universe is a matrix/hologram/school, what are the stars?

Its a good mystery the sun, "time", "no time", "space-time" channels, and infinity. They're good to take into meditation perhaps while sungazing.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yes, I have to agree. Of all of the things here on Earth that we can actually SEE, what deserves our worship more that the Sun? As another said, Jesus must also the Sun, Sun of God ring a bell? And if that is so, then the Goddess must be Mother Earth, for she has been called that for centuries now. So the god/Sun sends his power down to his wife and lover, the Earth/Mother, and together they make sweet passionate love, She uses the power wisely, to provide for Her children, us.

Thank you, filosophia, for a good post, you make me wax philosophy.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Dear People,

God is not something outside of you. God is within you. You are one with God and all of Creation. You are in charge of your own life. You make the decisions and choices in every moment that lead to the next. You know if you are living your life up to the highest possible standards. You control your thoughts and actions. There is no one and nothing more than you. You are the point of your own existence. There are no excuses.

In order for this world to change, WE MUST FIRST CHANGE OURSELVES.

In the end right, wrong, good, bad, left, right, up, down, are all perceptions and IDEAS. This is polarity, for one to exist the opposite equal must too. It is all around you it is everything and everywhere. The Yin and Yang.

When it comes to morality, simply put yourself in the other person’s position and ask. If I were this being would I want this done to me?

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF. BE AWARE OF YOURSELF IN EVERY MOMENT.

Remember life is about balance.

Stop looking for a God outside of yourself.

It is time for humanity to stand equal and one with all life.

Let go of your Ego!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EQUAL73

The ultimate truth is...only God is.

As eloquently stated above, we are not, nor can ever be, separate from each other and our Creator. The problem is that we perceive ourselves and thus experience ourselves as separate from each other and separate from God. Our ego is the culprit. By learning not to listen to this insane voice we awaken to the truth of our oneness.

I forget who said it but "there will be no world peace until we have have inner peace."

Namaste my brothers. This means roughly...the divinity in me high-fives the divinity in you.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster except, that I see it a little different, we don't call ourselves God, rather we are the Many In One and equal in everyway, no matter what level of school we perceive ourselves to be. And if we perceive the Divine beyond that, its the Love connecting all of us, we could be the many branches of the Vine, but there may be a Vine connecting us. I tend to see it that way, but don't believe that it matters if we do or not, for I don't believe in a Someone needing worship. So that part is a mystery.

The Sun is just a program in this digital univese/hologram school, it does broadcast in the system, it is the laser lightsource that erects the hologram. Ours bascially has to do with our collective consciousness. There are much bigger stars.
Which is why, meditating and sungazing can bring contact with Higher Self and your Family, and why, when you have a wonderful thought the room will suddenly brighten, the sun will even cut through the clouds just to beam at you.

No two people see the sun the same way, for some of us paying attention see it brighter. Its well worth taking into mediation.

ET phone home. To Infinity and Beyond.

Star Size Comparison HD

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The sun is an axis of rotation for the planets because the planets revolve around the sun.

Actually the sun in spiritual mythology is not Jesus. It is Mary, the Virgin, and Magdalene.

Mary Magdalene is representative of the fallen sun or solar system, after the fall of man, and Virgin Mary is the solar system in its perfection before the fall of man.

The planets represent the trees of the Garden of Eden or possible states of consciousness that we have access to.

Th entire mythology of Jesus records these facts

God is all the suns, stars, planets and everything else!

Though the sun in any [soul]ar system is the essence of its reality

[edit on 1-8-2010 by inforeal]

[edit on 1-8-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
the sun is the god of this world but not the Creator.

the sun shines in the day and reveals the world around us.

the sun shows the surface appearance of a person but doesn't reveal the truth of that persons beauty or ugliness within.

Isaiah 24:23
Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The sun is not god, it's the law of god, it's an iluminator, the creator just works with it. It's light, things move straight into the light, anything, it's a rule. Dark is not evil, but you can do evil into the dark where no one can see you. You can take a walk into the dark under the weak light of the moon and relax or you can kill or rape someone.

Worship of the sun is not adviced.
I hope you do not worship the sun.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I do not worship anything, but worship of the sun would be the most logical form of worship for us in our given situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Why not just worship space? without the correct distance between our sun, we would be either too cold or too hot to live. I keep saying this, our sun is only important from a proportional perspective, just like every other star in the universe, so why worship it? It does as much good as it does harm from a perspective. Wouldn't God be much more complex than the sun? It is just immature to show any reverence or appreciation to our sun as God IMO.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I am assuming a human proportion-perspective because we are at a human perspective. You are assuming a mental proportion-perspective, otherwise you would know that space does not keep the world alive, only the Sun does that. You are assuming an immaterial perspective, and if that were the case, why would you need to worship anything at all? From a human perspective, the Sun is our creator. The Sun also creates the gravity within our perspective, and so there is nothing else but our mind, which is immaterial and therefore not in need of a creator, and our bodies, which require sustenance.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

The sun is not god, it's the law of god, it's an iluminator, the creator just works with it. It's light, things move straight into the light, anything, it's a rule. Dark is not evil, but you can do evil into the dark where no one can see you. You can take a walk into the dark under the weak light of the moon and relax or you can kill or rape someone.

Worship of the sun is not adviced.
I hope you do not worship the sun.

tell me then, if the sun is not God, what is God? Describe it to me, length, width, height. If it is immaterial, describe what caused it. If it is uncaused, describe how it creates life? If it does so spontaneously, describe if it is unified or multiple, if it is unified, tell me if it is our true nature. If it is our true nature, tell me how to unite with it. If we are never separate from it, tell me how we shall remember it, and realize it. Is that God?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by juveous

You are assuming an immaterial perspective, and if that were the case, why would you need to worship anything at all?

1. - What is immaterial about my perspective?

2. - Why is there a need for worship? Is not worship a "want"? Unless that was just your wording then - you would have to define what worship is - because if it is simply acknowledging something as a creator, then again, who would acknowledge that the sun did anything intentional? Isn't that the point of the Idea of God? as a creator of intention?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The sun has a life span.

Case Closed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join