It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Zetas drug cartel seizes 2 U.S. Ranches in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That's my point. They may be able to fight other cartels but when you screw with someone that has Apache's in abundance, why would you go there? Doesn't make sense.

Have to agree with you here. There's just no motive. Most of these gangs steer clear of the military. They are already fighting both the Mexican government and the Cartels. I don't see them opening up another front if they can help it. These guys aren't stupid. They are essentially a "Blackwater gone undeground".

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

UPDATE: Story is now 100% confirmed by second source within the Laredo Police Department

The bloodbath continues along our southern border and now word is coming in that Los Zetas, the highly trained killers formerly with the Gulf Cartel, have crossed into the United States and taken over at least two ranches in the Laredo, Texas area. I am receiving word that the owners of the ranches have evacuated without being harmed.

Founder of the San Diego Minutemen Jeff Schwilk tipped me off to this story and passes along the following information on the location. The ranches are said to be "near Mines Rd. and Minerales Annex Rd about 10 miles NW of I-35".

Update - Statement from Mr. Schwilk)

I can personally vouch that this info came in late last night from a reliable police source inside the Laredo PD. There is currently a standoff between the unknown size Zeta forces and U.S. Border Patrol and local law enforcement on two ranches on our side of the Rio Grande. The source tells us he considers this an "act of war" and that the military is needed on the border now!

Whether it is lone members or squads is not certain.

www.thecypresstimes.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by jam321
Los Zetas are already being fought by just about every other drug organization in Mexico.

Why would they even want to add a more powerful enemy with everything they are facing in Mexico?

That's my point. They may be able to fight other cartels but when you screw with someone that has Apache's in abundance, why would you go there? Doesn't make sense.

Exactly. Being from Texas I always laugh when I hear some hispanic person make a smart ass remark about "retaking Texas" if we secede... I'm sorry - but Texas would actually grow to about the size of whatever Mexico is once we weren't restricted by the Geneva Conventions and such. I doubt this story by OP is true, but if it is - the beautiful thing about Texas is they won't have to wait for us (the military) - I'm sure some posses would form up and go wipe those crapstains off the face of the Earth before we could even get there.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

He can personally vouch for the source? It's summertime. it's a slow news period. Why aren't there cameras over there right now?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
HOUSTON — The FBI is advising law enforcement officers across the country that a Texas cell of Los Zetas — an increasingly powerful arm of the Mexican Gulf Cartel drug trafficking syndicate — has acquired a secluded ranch where it trains its members to “neutralize” competitors in the United States.
To ensure its share of the lucrative illegal drug trade, the cartel's members are operating north of the border to collect debts and spy on competitors.

They also have protected coc aine and heroin shipments that were bound for Houston, where they were repackaged and shipped on to Alabama, Delaware, Georgia and Michigan, according to the FBI.

The information, which was disseminated Monday to state, local and federal agencies, does not provide any specifics, such as the location of the ranch, but it includes a notation that the information came from reliable FBI contacts.

Trainees are taught about home invasions, firearms and ways to run vehicles off the road in order to kidnap occupants who owe drug debts.

The Zetas have achieved almost mythical status in Mexico, as the small band of military deserters has become a managing partner for the Gulf Cartel, and terrorized rivals with beheadings, torture and mass killings that have made plenty of headlines.

www.mysanantonio.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Even Fox hasn't touched this

Wow, yeah, if Fox touched it, it would mean all the difference between credible and non-credible.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

uh.. your article is from 2009.

Is there a point to it?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That article is from last year. The article in the OP is proclaiming they seized two ranches.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by antonia

Wow, yeah, if Fox touched it, it would mean all the difference between credible and non-credible.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but this is part of Fox's "agenda" so to speak. They normally report on border incidents.

link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Doesn't have to do anything with credibility. It is just that fox is usually the first one to post anything about illegals and cartels.

Go back and look at these kind of threads on ATS and you will see many have Fox as the source.

link   

Originally posted by antonia

He can personally vouch for the source? It's summertime. it's a slow news period. Why aren't there cameras over there right now?

Im in Texas and havent heard anything on the news. I dont trust the Examiner as a news source but there seems to be more reports coming out. The FBI is aware of the group and have been investigating.

Obama doesnt want to react for political reasons. Thats a mistake!! You can get away with it in other states but the ranchers down here wont wait for law enforcment for ever. If this is true and the government doesnt step in, you will be hearing about a bunch of dead Mexicans soon!

Texas is more than a state, its a state of mind. I for one dont mind killing invaders and neither do my neighbors!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

uh.. your article is from 2009.

Is there a point to it?

Yes it is. I was showing that the FBI have been aware of the gang for some time. Its not like they just decided to jump the border one day.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes it is. I was showing that the FBI have been aware of the gang for some time. Its not like they just decided to jump the border one day.

Appreciate the response and you are correct. Despite many yelling that the US is doing nothing, I am on the side that they are. IMO, the US has a lot of info on the cartels and are well aware of their movements.

Furthermore, I believe the US allows certain incidents to happen just to see who is on the payroll on the US side.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

We all know they didn't just decide to jump the border one day. They are drug traffickers. The point we are making is the OP is essentially an unprovable rumor. That article you linked says they have no idea where the "ranches" are if there even are any. The los zetas coming in and shooting people off their ranch who make a hell of a lot more noise than simply examiner.com.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

What about this comment posted on your Cypress Times page under the article?

Added: July 24, 2010. 03:25 PM CST Verification I've called the Laredo Police department (956-795-2800), and they did not know of the story. They told me to contact the county Sheriffs department, (956-523-4424) who also didn't know about it. I'm awaiting a call back, but don't really expect one. Lefick / Restoretherepublic / Reality Report / freedom.tv

It doesn't sound like the Laredo Police Dept. confirmed anything yet.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So lets just get this story clear. The claim is some drug cartel from Mexico crossed the border and they siezed two ranches in the U.S. What possible logical reason would they have to do that? If any thier is any truth to this at all it is not doubt being completely spun out of reality. Now it is possible the cartel has rented or bought a couple ranches on the border and they have managed to attrack the attention of the law. Of course that would not be as exciting as "Invasion" "Seize" and "war" would it?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So lets just get this story clear. The claim is some drug cartel from Mexico crossed the border and they siezed two ranches in the U.S. What possible logical reason would they have to do that?

You can't think of a reason that a drug cartel would want to seize a ranch? I can think of quite a few, but it's not exactly a smart thing to do in the U.S. It's not like we're gonna let them stay there.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So far the jury is still out if this is a reliable news story .

The reason behind this most likely is not to open another front. But instead it may very well be simply they needed a couple of ranches for a shipment or they needed to secure the area for the shipment .

Or simply they were sending a message to the owners of the ranches or neighbors . STAY OUT OF OUR BUSINESS.

If true this gives a great deal of validity to the AZ immigration law and the militia going to the boarder to fight off drug couriers.

Hmm There is a good reason you wont see this on MSM it will hurt the Obama agenda . At least till there are photos of American dead bodies start hitting the news .

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Am I the only one freaking out here? Flags or no flags this should be on the front page of ATS.

These thugs obviously have no problem with virtually giving the U.S. the bird.

I'm so enraged. If the government won't help why oh why are the ranch owners not banding together and figuring out a way to blow these *&^&*^
up?

Is there something I'm not getting?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

What about this comment posted on your Cypress Times page under the article?

Added: July 24, 2010. 03:25 PM CST Verification I've called the Laredo Police department (956-795-2800), and they did not know of the story. They told me to contact the county Sheriffs department, (956-523-4424) who also didn't know about it. I'm awaiting a call back, but don't really expect one. Lefick / Restoretherepublic / Reality Report / freedom.tv

It doesn't sound like the Laredo Police Dept. confirmed anything yet.

I linked additional news sources other than Examiner. I am not claiming there is any truth to them. I know there are stories about this group buying ranches close to the texas border to train new members.

I dont know why they would come across the border. I wouldnt think they would want to open up that can of worms. Texas wont put up with it. The people here wont allow the Governor to do nothing. If something like this really happens and our Reps do nothing, they wont have their jobs long.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join